All AGW predictions are wrong

For scientific papers on AGW, record happenings in the Arctic and the Greenland, Himalayan and Antarctic icesheets. Also weatherstorms and higher than average rainfalls and other extreme weather events.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: johnsmith

All AGW predictions are wrong

Postby HBS Guy » 09 Mar 2018, 12:39

I get told that frequently. Let us have a look:

Climate Impact of Increasing Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide

J. Hansen1, D. Johnson1, A. Lacis1, S. Lebedeff1, P. Lee1, D. Rind1, G. Russell1
See all authors and affiliations

Science 28 Aug 1981:
Vol. 213, Issue 4511, pp. 957-966
DOI: 10.1126/science.213.4511.957

Abstract
The global temperature rose by 0.2°C between the middle 1960's and 1980, yielding a warming of 0.4°C in the past century. This temperature increase is consistent with the calculated greenhouse effect due to measured increases of atmospheric carbon dioxide. Variations of volcanic aerosols and possibly solar luminosity appear to be primary causes of observed fluctuations about the mean trend of increasing temperature. It is shown that the anthropogenic carbon dioxide warming should emerge from the noise level of natural climate variability by the end of the century, and there is a high probability of warming in the 1980's. Potential effects on climate in the 21st century include the creation of drought-prone regions in North America and central Asia as part of a shifting of climatic zones, erosion of the West Antarctic ice sheet with a consequent worldwide rise in sea level, and opening of the fabled Northwest Passage.

http://science.sciencemag.org/content/213/4511/957

That has certainly happened, and more!

1. Temperatures have kept on increasing as CO2 concentrations rose and definitely are above the noise! 1.2°C warming, much of that since the 1970s with the sun slightly cooler than normal!

2. West—AND East—Antarctic ice sheets are more and more rapidly sliding into the sea!

3. A cruise ship, a bloody big cruise ship sailed the NW Passage 2 NH summers ago, nor is that all. A special LNG vessel sailed the Arctic in December, cutting through the thin ice with ease. Nor is that all, Arctic Mission, 2 yachts no icebreaker support sailed to 80°N last NH summer and found a million square miles of Arctic Ocean ice free. There is more ice free Arctic Ocean now in winter!

4. Sea level is rising at an accelerating rate.

Looks like Hansen was 9/10—he underestimated the rate of warming!
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Re: All AGW predictions are wrong

Postby MilesAway » 09 Mar 2018, 18:43

Meanwhile, over on oz politics: http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl? ... 7917/30#32

Bobby is forum moderator for the environment :rofl
MilesAway
Jaguar

spamone: Animal

Postby pinkeye » 09 Mar 2018, 23:13

HBS Guy wrote:I get told that frequently. Let us have a look:

Climate Impact of Increasing Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide

J. Hansen1, D. Johnson1, A. Lacis1, S. Lebedeff1, P. Lee1, D. Rind1, G. Russell1
See all authors and affiliations

Science 28 Aug 1981:
Vol. 213, Issue 4511, pp. 957-966
DOI: 10.1126/science.213.4511.957

Abstract
The global temperature rose by 0.2°C between the middle 1960's and 1980, yielding a warming of 0.4°C in the past century. This temperature increase is consistent with the calculated greenhouse effect due to measured increases of atmospheric carbon dioxide. Variations of volcanic aerosols and possibly solar luminosity appear to be primary causes of observed fluctuations about the mean trend of increasing temperature. It is shown that the anthropogenic carbon dioxide warming should emerge from the noise level of natural climate variability by the end of the century, and there is a high probability of warming in the 1980's. Potential effects on climate in the 21st century include the creation of drought-prone regions in North America and central Asia as part of a shifting of climatic zones, erosion of the West Antarctic ice sheet with a consequent worldwide rise in sea level, and opening of the fabled Northwest Passage.

http://science.sciencemag.org/content/213/4511/957

That has certainly happened, and more!

1. Temperatures have kept on increasing as CO2 concentrations rose and definitely are above the noise! 1.2°C warming, much of that since the 1970s with the sun slightly cooler than normal!

2. West—AND East—Antarctic ice sheets are more and more rapidly sliding into the sea!

3. A cruise ship, a bloody big cruise ship sailed the NW Passage 2 NH summers ago, nor is that all. A special LNG vessel sailed the Arctic in December, cutting through the thin ice with ease. Nor is that all, Arctic Mission, 2 yachts no icebreaker support sailed to 80°N last NH summer and found a million square miles of Arctic Ocean ice free. There is more ice free Arctic Ocean now in winter!

4. Sea level is rising at an accelerating rate.

Looks like Hansen was 9/10—he underestimated the rate of warming!

THAT has been the only real failure in climate change predictions by those who recognise what is happening.

The RATE of climate change.

It will end up killing off many many species of animals who have a particular environment to enable them to survive. Those not able to adapt. NOW.. let us understand.. Humans are probably the MOST ADAPTABLE ANIMAL on the Earth.

We will likely outlast nearly all our fellow terrestrial animals.

What a world that WILL BE. :sad
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 10 Mar 2018, 23:23

Hey Monk.. Just watched an old (relatively) movie. The Day After Tomorrow.

I think this is where your nemesis Booby got his ideas.

A movie I actually watched till the end. That doesn't happen often with me. I rarely watch movies.

Not the best movie by any means, but it has a certain gravitas today.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 11 Mar 2018, 00:13

Booby my nemesis? :rofl :rofl :rofl

No, Booby believes a snake oil seller named Dubyne and where he got the false idea of a GSM meaning a mini ice age I have no real idea but suspect it may be either a paid misinformation project or he saw a way to scam donations and advertising revenue. As to meteorology he knows none: frequent questions of “What will the GSM mean for my neck of the woods?” go unanswered, he doesn’t have a clue.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 11 Mar 2018, 02:19

HBS Guy wrote:Booby my nemesis? :rofl :rofl :rofl

No, Booby believes a snake oil seller named Dubyne and where he got the false idea of a GSM meaning a mini ice age I have no real idea but suspect it may be either a paid misinformation project or he saw a way to scam donations and advertising revenue. As to meteorology he knows none: frequent questions of “What will the GSM mean for my neck of the woods?” go unanswered, he doesn’t have a clue.

I understand your ridiculing the idea. Your nemesis?? I reckon he got it from that movie I mentioned. It was fun. :bgrin :purple

AHH.... but, friend, you seem to spend an inordinate amount of time and effort on some poster on ANOTHER FORUM. You obviously see him as a viable opponent , else you wouldn't bother.

I mean, if you must engage with this person, please stop bringing it here. I couldn't give a fuck about BOOBY. Really I couldn't be bothered. Why are you?
It is such a waste of time. I don't care about Booby, or YOUR OPINION OF HIM.
It remains irrelevant to any topic here, what the fuck Booby thinks OKAY?

SO spare us please your Booby obsession. NOT interested.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 11 Mar 2018, 11:21

pinkeye wrote:I couldn't give a fuck about BOOBY. Really I couldn't be bothered. Why are you?

One could make the same observation about your Winx thread.
If you don't like it simply skip over it. Others might be interested.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby HBS Guy » 11 Mar 2018, 12:04

It wasn’t me that mentioned Booby in this thread.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby MilesAway » 11 Mar 2018, 15:46

pinkeye wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:Booby my nemesis? :rofl :rofl :rofl

I understand your ridiculing the idea. Your nemesis?? I reckon he got it from that movie I mentioned. It was fun. :bgrin :purple

AHH.... but, friend, you seem to spend an inordinate amount of time and effort on some poster on ANOTHER FORUM. You obviously see him as a viable opponent , else you wouldn't bother.

I mean, if you must engage with this person, please stop bringing it here. I couldn't give a fuck about BOOBY. Really I couldn't be bothered. Why are you?

Um, how can a beer drinker forget about booby?

:bgrin

To even fathom asking a beer drinker to forget about booby is, well, just plain cruel!

:bgrin
MilesAway
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 11 Mar 2018, 22:36

HBS Guy wrote:It wasn’t me that mentioned Booby in this thread.

Apologies Monk it was Miles Away.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 11 Mar 2018, 22:37

johnsmith wrote:
pinkeye wrote:I couldn't give a fuck about BOOBY. Really I couldn't be bothered. Why are you?

One could make the same observation about your Winx thread.
If you don't like it simply skip over it. Others might be interested.

Umm not really. There is only one Winx the Magnificent topic. I don't recall mentioning her elsewhere. Not a good comparison.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 11 Mar 2018, 22:40

pinkeye wrote:Umm not really. There is only one Winx the Magnificent topic.

and how maNY BOBBY TOPICS?
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby pinkeye » 11 Mar 2018, 22:54

johnsmith wrote:

Can't say I counted.. but his name does seem to crop up regularly in posts on the environment, HERE.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 12 Mar 2018, 08:02

pinkeye wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

Can't say I counted.. but his name does seem to crop up regularly in posts on the environment, HERE.

that's because he regularly puts up opposing arguments to what the scientists are saying and so he should be shot down.
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby HBS Guy » 14 Mar 2018, 10:50

Ha! I linked to this thread on Twitter to some of the idiots sucked in by this GSM/Ice Age nonsense.

I don’t hope that any of them will change their mind tho: solidly brainwashed. They need a deprogrammer like cult members. Facts, reality just does not do it. Weird, to accept such a perversion of reality.

Romanticism must be one reason, oh boy, we are going to be in an ice age!

Losers in life: We are going to be in an ice age and I will be a BIG MAN because I have prepped.

Losers in life: Want to go back to simpler times. I have described how Dave pushing Bit¢coin got a major negative reaction.

Do any have any idea of how unglamorous an ice age is? Have they really prepared well for one? One had four 185gallon bottles of gas. That will last an ice age??? Bullshit! Might last a winter or a year. I wonder HM live near the east coast of the US or live in a river valley? As AGW proceeds and with it melting of ice sheets and glaciers and evaporation/precipitation rises with it these will not be good places to live. I do get a bit of amusement of Dubyne so often posting about high rain/hail/snow falls: has the liar ever thought where the moisture came to form that rain/hail/ice?

Some get frightened by the crap and those are why I posted on the Dubyne channel. Oh well.

Another year and this crap should be over.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Return to Global Warming and Australian Energy Market