Renewable energy developments

For scientific papers on AGW, record happenings in the Arctic and the Greenland, Himalayan and Antarctic icesheets. Also weatherstorms and higher than average rainfalls and other extreme weather events.

Open to guest posting.

Moderator: johnsmith

Re: Renewable energy developments

Postby DonDeeHippy » 02 May 2018, 12:24

johnsmith wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:I was thinking great way for grey nomads to explore Australia , once u buy the plane no need to ever go to a gas station again.


not sure if they can tow a caravan with it yet!


:giggle :giggle :giggle :giggle


need a long draw. :meet
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Devil’s hound
 
Posts: 664
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 21:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Renewable energy developments

Postby HBS Guy » 02 May 2018, 13:55

Caravan would need wings too!

God, be tempting to shape the caravan as a pig!

:bgrin
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 50010
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: Renewable energy developments

Postby pinkeye » 02 May 2018, 22:32

HBS Guy wrote:Caravan would need wings too!

God, be tempting to shape the caravan as a pig!

:bgrin

:bgrin
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2300
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 21:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Renewable energy developments

Postby HBS Guy » 12 May 2018, 10:14

This is about coal, but the implications for growth in renewable energy are fairly obvious:

Allianz stops insuring coal-fired power plants and coal mines

Munich, Germany-based Allianz Group announced on Friday that it would refuse insurance coverage of coal-fired power plants and coal mines effective immediately, and would aim to get rid of all coal risks in its business by 2040.

In announcing its “climate protection package” last week, Allianz, ranked as one of the top three insurers on the Forbes Global 2000 list of the world’s most powerful companies, said its new policy was the first step towards the firm’s complete withdrawal from the coal business by 2040, reports Deutsche Welle.

Additionally, Allianz will also gradually stop investing in companies that fail to reduce their carbon emissions in line with the 2-degree trajectory agreed under the Paris Climate Agreement, and will “immediately” stop investing in energy companies that “put the 2-degree target at risk” by extensively building coal-fired power plants, according to Green Biz.



http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/world/allianz-stops-insuring-coal-fired-power-plants-and-coal-mines/article/521808
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 50010
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: Renewable energy developments

Postby DonDeeHippy » 12 May 2018, 10:51

HBS Guy wrote:This is about coal, but the implications for growth in renewable energy are fairly obvious:

Allianz stops insuring coal-fired power plants and coal mines

Munich, Germany-based Allianz Group announced on Friday that it would refuse insurance coverage of coal-fired power plants and coal mines effective immediately, and would aim to get rid of all coal risks in its business by 2040.

In announcing its “climate protection package” last week, Allianz, ranked as one of the top three insurers on the Forbes Global 2000 list of the world’s most powerful companies, said its new policy was the first step towards the firm’s complete withdrawal from the coal business by 2040, reports Deutsche Welle.
Additionally, Allianz will also gradually stop investing in companies that fail to reduce their carbon emissions in line with the 2-degree trajectory agreed under the Paris Climate Agreement, and will “immediately” stop investing in energy companies that “put the 2-degree target at risk” by extensively building coal-fired power plants, according to Green Biz.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/world/allianz-stops-insuring-coal-fired-power-plants-and-coal-mines/article/521808


WOW I guess with so many government's now suing fossil fuel companies its a bad risk
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Devil’s hound
 
Posts: 664
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 21:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Renewable energy developments

Postby MilesAway » 12 May 2018, 13:40

HBS Guy wrote:Gigantic solar array in Mexico, covers over 2400 hectares of desert landscape. The panels follow the sun, increasing efficiency:

A key element of the installation is the mechanism that allows the movement of the panels to follow — like sunflowers — the sun’s path and maximize the benefits of the solar rays.

Representing an investment of US $650 million, the 2.3 million solar panels will be able to produce more than 1,700 GWh per year once fully operational in the second half of this year, providing 1.3 million households with green electrical power.

The Villanueva plant will be the largest facility of its kind in America and will only be surpassed in size by similar behemoths installed in India and China. . . .

After the constitutional reforms of 2013, which allowed for foreign capital to invest in the country’s energy sector, an estimated $8.6 billion has been invested in renewable energy, benefitting 6.5 million households, according to government figures.

Enel Green Power Mexico is the largest renewable energy operator in the country in terms of installed capacity and project portfolio. In addition to the Villanueva solar plant, the firm is building the Amistad wind farm, also in Coahuila, the Don José solar project in Guanajuato and the Salitrillos Wind Farm in Tamaulipas.


https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/sunflowers-in-the-desert/

Well done Mexico!

:yahoo
User avatar
MilesAway
Jaguar
 
Posts: 1577
Joined: 27 Oct 2017, 12:01
spamone: Animal

Re: Renewable energy developments

Postby HBS Guy » 12 May 2018, 13:42

Meanwhile, the rabble wants to buy a well past its economic life coal fired generator :WTF
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 50010
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: Renewable energy developments

Postby MilesAway » 12 May 2018, 13:46

johnsmith wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:an estimated $8.6 billion has been invested in renewable energy


friggen moronic libs

You don't like renewable energy?
User avatar
MilesAway
Jaguar
 
Posts: 1577
Joined: 27 Oct 2017, 12:01
spamone: Animal

Re: Renewable energy developments

Postby MilesAway » 12 May 2018, 13:46

HBS Guy wrote:Meanwhile, the rabble wants to buy a well past its economic life coal fired generator :WTF

No we don't... :beer
User avatar
MilesAway
Jaguar
 
Posts: 1577
Joined: 27 Oct 2017, 12:01
spamone: Animal

Re: Renewable energy developments

Postby HBS Guy » 12 May 2018, 14:54

Rabble does. . .
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 50010
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: Renewable energy developments

Postby MilesAway » 12 May 2018, 15:21

HBS Guy wrote:Rabble does. . .

Oh, you mean I'm not rabble :bike :bike :bike :bike ??

Wait,... FURTHER :bike :bike ,... don't you want to be rabble either?

oh........................................................................................ but we live in the cultural cringe country don't we?

YOu know, the one that gave its sons and daughter copper internet to compete in the asian century with :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer

Yay, go cuntstralia :buddy
User avatar
MilesAway
Jaguar
 
Posts: 1577
Joined: 27 Oct 2017, 12:01
spamone: Animal

Re: Renewable energy developments

Postby HBS Guy » 12 May 2018, 16:14

I am talking about the rabble that think they are a government.
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 50010
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: Renewable energy developments

Postby MilesAway » 12 May 2018, 16:48

HBS Guy wrote:I am talking about the rabble that think they are a government.

Yay, go copper internet for a legacy before entering the nursing home and wondering why the kids might not come and see you ever :tweed :tweed
User avatar
MilesAway
Jaguar
 
Posts: 1577
Joined: 27 Oct 2017, 12:01
spamone: Animal

Re: Renewable energy developments

Postby HBS Guy » 18 May 2018, 15:59

Nissan makers of the Nassan leaf EV are moving into rooftop solar and battery storage, after Tesla showed it worked I suppose :thumb

GIVEN THE WEATHER in the United Kingdom—that cloudy, foggy, drizzly country—it doesn’t seem like the best place to launch a business that revolves around solar power. But this is where the builder of the world’s best-selling electric car just started selling Nissan Energy Solar, a generation-to-acceleration scheme that equips customers with roof-mounted panels and a battery to store some of the electricity they generate. If they drive a Leaf, or Nissan’s e-NV200 electric van, they can combine the whole process and drive from Scotland to Wales to wherever, guilt-free, fog lights on, windshield wipers whisking away.


https://www.wired.com/story/nissan-solar-panels-home-batteries/

Of course, Tesla not Nissan build the top selling electric car, bit of sloppy journalism there—copied from the Nissan press release maybe?
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 50010
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: Renewable energy developments

Postby DonDeeHippy » 22 May 2018, 19:04

Merc started to do home batteries and left again, if u count Nissan Renault alliance I think they sell the most a year
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Devil’s hound
 
Posts: 664
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 21:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Renewable energy developments

Postby HBS Guy » 22 May 2018, 20:16

Maybe, think Tesla might sell more than Nissan+Renault tho I am not sure.
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 50010
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: Renewable energy developments

Postby DonDeeHippy » 23 May 2018, 06:29

freediver wrote Yesterday at 7:09pm:
Hydrogen is not an energy source. It's just another battery.

DonDeehHippy
So hydrogen is a battery ? Does that make petrol a battery too ?
Maybe your thinking of a fuel cell which makes electricity then recharges the batteries and or powers the electric motor in the car.
Hydrogen can also be used like petrol but is really expensive.
Hydrogen is a explosive gas. Hydrogen will not store energy, it is a energy

I guess this is why FD doesn't post in Tech much... :bgrin
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Devil’s hound
 
Posts: 664
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 21:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Renewable energy developments

Postby DonDeeHippy » 23 May 2018, 06:36

HBS Guy wrote:Maybe, think Tesla might sell more than Nissan+Renault tho I am not sure.

ohh just looked overall they sold 580.000 since 2010, tesla have about 300,00 buy last year they sold 90.000 and tesla 100,000
so bit of both.
Either way that's 880,000 electric cars sold in 7 years, my hat off to both of them :meet
PS, i think we have to a Mitsubishy to the allience now :)
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Devil’s hound
 
Posts: 664
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 21:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Renewable energy developments

Postby HBS Guy » 23 May 2018, 08:27

More the merrier.

Yeah, FD thinks he knows stuff but doesn’t really. Like some, he confuses scientific Laws with theories, that a Law is a theory that has become accepted. It isn’t of course: Newtons Laws of Gravitation just summarise but do not explain what happens. Einstein tried to explain gravity and made some predictions which are being verified, like gravity waves.

FD believes in natural selection but not evolution. Pardon?

He pretends to care about sustainability but that is just his spearfishing hobby and hatred of Muslims (aka “sustainable immigration policy.”)
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 50010
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: Renewable energy developments

Postby DonDeeHippy » 23 May 2018, 09:20

HBS Guy wrote:More the merrier.

Yeah, FD thinks he knows stuff but doesn’t really. Like some, he confuses scientific Laws with theories, that a Law is a theory that has become accepted. It isn’t of course: Newtons Laws of Gravitation just summarise but do not explain what happens. Einstein tried to explain gravity and made some predictions which are being verified, like gravity waves.

FD believes in natural selection but not evolution. Pardon?

He pretends to care about sustainability but that is just his spearfishing hobby and hatred of Muslims (aka “sustainable immigration policy.”)

no truths just theories that haven't been proved wrong yet :bgrin
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Devil’s hound
 
Posts: 664
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 21:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Renewable energy developments

Postby HBS Guy » 23 May 2018, 10:46

That is science.
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 50010
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: Renewable energy developments

Postby MilesAway » 24 May 2018, 20:22

DonDeeHippy wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:More the merrier.

Yeah, FD thinks he knows stuff but doesn’t really. Like some, he confuses scientific Laws with theories, that a Law is a theory that has become accepted. It isn’t of course: Newtons Laws of Gravitation just summarise but do not explain what happens. Einstein tried to explain gravity and made some predictions which are being verified, like gravity waves.

FD believes in natural selection but not evolution. Pardon?

He pretends to care about sustainability but that is just his spearfishing hobby and hatred of Muslims (aka “sustainable immigration policy.”)

no truths just theories that haven't been proved wrong yet :bgrin

more laughs, yay go bombs everywhere :Hi
User avatar
MilesAway
Jaguar
 
Posts: 1577
Joined: 27 Oct 2017, 12:01
spamone: Animal

Re: Renewable energy developments

Postby HBS Guy » 26 May 2018, 16:07

43
Old fossils: What’s at stake if Australia ignores global EV transition
By Giles Parkinson on 24 May 2018
Australia is being warned that it is in danger of missing out on enormous economic and social benefits if it continues to dawdle over initiatives that could support the rollout of electric vehicles, and the creation of significant manufacturing and technology industries.

Over the past two days in Adelaide, leading industrialists, analysts, industry players and some forward-looking politicians have spoken of the huge opportunities in the transition to EVs, which will reshape not just the choice of cars, but also transport and energy infrastructure.

In a speech to the Renewable Cities conference, independent Senator Tim Storer gave an outstanding speech about how and why Australia should “play its way back” into the biggest transformation in transport since the advent of the internal combustion engine.


https://reneweconomy.com.au/old-fossils-whats-at-stake-if-australia-ignores-global-ev-transition-83160/

Fucking Libs hate progress!
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 50010
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: Renewable energy developments

Postby MilesAway » 26 May 2018, 16:37

HBS Guy wrote:John Quiggen on how advanced economies are finding it easy to decarbonise:

http://johnquiggin.com/2018/01/08/decarbonizing-the-economy-is-easy-and-cheap/

the last comment from the article reads:


Frederick Guy January 21st, 2018 at 21:39 | #43 Reply | Quote The renewable figures of course include biomass, much of which is not really carbon neutral
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/dec/31/biomass-burning-misguided-say-climate-experts
https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... ble-energy
User avatar
MilesAway
Jaguar
 
Posts: 1577
Joined: 27 Oct 2017, 12:01
spamone: Animal

Re: Renewable energy developments

Postby MilesAway » 26 May 2018, 16:39

HBS Guy wrote:
43
Old fossils: What’s at stake if Australia ignores global EV transition
By Giles Parkinson on 24 May 2018
Australia is being warned that it is in danger of missing out on enormous economic and social benefits if it continues to dawdle over initiatives that could support the rollout of electric vehicles, and the creation of significant manufacturing and technology industries.

Over the past two days in Adelaide, leading industrialists, analysts, industry players and some forward-looking politicians have spoken of the huge opportunities in the transition to EVs, which will reshape not just the choice of cars, but also transport and energy infrastructure.

In a speech to the Renewable Cities conference, independent Senator Tim Storer gave an outstanding speech about how and why Australia should “play its way back” into the biggest transformation in transport since the advent of the internal combustion engine.


https://reneweconomy.com.au/old-fossils-whats-at-stake-if-australia-ignores-global-ev-transition-83160/

Fucking Libs hate progress!

Change is dangerous but the top jobs are changed every 8 years for a reason!
User avatar
MilesAway
Jaguar
 
Posts: 1577
Joined: 27 Oct 2017, 12:01
spamone: Animal

PreviousNext

Return to Global Warming and Australian Energy Market

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests