Northern hemisphere is a bit warm

For scientific papers on AGW, record happenings in the Arctic and the Greenland, Himalayan and Antarctic icesheets. Also weatherstorms and higher than average rainfalls and other extreme weather events.

Northern hemisphere is a bit warm

Postby HBS Guy » 22 May 2018, 21:23

Look at the Northern Jet Stream—chaos!
https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/isobaric/250hPa/orthographic=-50.51,39.61,418/loc=-67.318,24.875

You can rotate the map east—west and north south.

The Northern Jet Stream used to be regular but as the Arctic warmed twice as fast as middle latitudes it slowed and as it slowed it started meandering. Now it is chaotic and air can move in and out the Arctic. As Arctic sea ice disappears sunlight hits the Arctic ocean and is absorbed, warming the ocean and melting more ice.

Now it is demented, chaotic. The southern Jet Stream is also chaotic.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Re: Northern hemisphere is a bit warm

Postby pinkeye » 23 May 2018, 01:14

I'd expect the North American continent will have the worst year ever, for damaging storms etc, this year.
They are heading into summer.

One place I am really GLAD I don't live is Tornado Alley. Or as it was called in a novel written many years ago Damnation Alley.

Huh they even made a movie about it starring a young Kurt Russell, as the hero. Too bad they weren't paying more attention.

We live in interesting times.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Cheetah

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 23 May 2018, 08:40

With the Gulf Stream slowed by meltwater south of Greenland England could have a hot summer followed by a very cold winter. Idiots like Booby will crow over the cold winter “Ice Age!!!” and ignore the hot summer.

Dunno about tornadoes, a pure land phenomenon, I think, but hurricanes and other storms forming off the US East Coast will be nourished by the hotter than normal water with energy and moisture. This NH winter just passed three north easters were fed by that stretch of water and a stuck Jet Stream pattern guided them to New England area each time. And, yes, the ice age fraudsters claimed the storms as signs of the ice age and never mentioned the hot Atlantic that fed them. Pure snake oil. Watch my YouTube channel so I get advertising revenue, Donate! Buy survival food! Make me rich!
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby MilesAway » 23 May 2018, 14:20

...just like rap selling white guilt!
MilesAway
Cheetah

Postby HBS Guy » 23 May 2018, 14:32

Snake oil comes in many flavors and is now sold via the world wide web. The old snake oil sellers travelling the Wild West never dreamed of an audience the size the Ice Age fraudsters have.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby MilesAway » 23 May 2018, 14:53

HBS Guy wrote:Snake oil comes in many flavors and is now sold via the world wide web. The old snake oil sellers travelling the Wild West never dreamed of an audience the size the Ice Age fraudsters have.

It's a numbers game! :tweed
MilesAway
Cheetah

Postby abetterworld » 24 May 2018, 15:18

MilesAway wrote:...just like rap selling white guilt!

Actually I'm more interested in how just two nations - India and China - with a third of the world's population, are going to clean up their air to make it fit for their people to breathe. Obviously they have to stop burning fossil fuels, the sooner the better.

In any case I'd rather not get caught up in a 'global warming' debate (and I hate cold weather...)

But if China and India must self-evidently stop burning fossil fuels ASAP to achieve clean air, should Australia be entitled to keep burning attractively cheap coal, in the meantime?
abetterworld
puppy

Postby MilesAway » 24 May 2018, 15:45

abetterworld wrote:

Actually I'm more interested in how just two nations - India and China - with a third of the world's population, are going to clean up their air to make it fit for their people to breathe. Obviously they have to stop burning fossil fuels, the sooner the better.

In any case I'd rather not get caught up in a 'global warming' debate (and I hate cold weather...)

But if China and India must self-evidently stop burning fossil fuels ASAP to achieve clean air, should Australia be entitled to keep burning attractively cheap coal, in the meantime?

Yeh, great deflection!

:bike :bike :bike

The topic is global warming in case you hadn't noticed!

**** If you don't care about it then just say so.... :tweed
MilesAway
Cheetah

Postby HBS Guy » 24 May 2018, 15:53

Renewable energy is actually cheaper than coal fired energy.

Developing nations like China and India are given some leeway because they have vast populations they are trying to bring up to the level of the rest of the country. Both China and India are investing heavily in clean energy.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby MilesAway » 24 May 2018, 16:43

HBS Guy wrote:Renewable energy is actually cheaper than coal fired energy.

Developing nations like China and India are given some leeway because they have vast populations they are trying to bring up to the level of the rest of the country. Both China and India are investing heavily in clean energy.

The interesting observation would be of electric car uptake!

Markets will watching that like a hawk!! Haven't heard what the elcctric car uptake is in India and I'm not really hearing much of an update going on in China so I question the momentum of such things because of that!
MilesAway
Cheetah

Postby abetterworld » 24 May 2018, 17:22

MilesAway wrote:
abetterworld wrote:

Yeh, great deflection!

:bike :bike :bike

The topic is global warming in case you hadn't noticed!

**** If you don't care about it then just say so.... :tweed

I'm interested in GW of course, but I'm not interested in arguing whether GW is man-caused or not. My view is we should stop burning fossil fuels regardless of GW - because of the filth being pumped into the atmosphere by cars and coal-fired stations.
abetterworld
puppy

Postby johnsmith » 24 May 2018, 17:54

abetterworld wrote:My view is we should stop burning fossil fuels regardless of GW -

exactly
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 24 May 2018, 17:57

Lots of ways it could be done. Plenty renewable energy then replace diesel buses with trolley buses.

Less GW, less pollution esp in inner cities.

Another point re coal: we have a fleet of rapidly aging coal fired generators, courtesy of 6 years of Lib policy paralyis.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby abetterworld » 24 May 2018, 18:08

HBS Guy wrote:Renewable energy is actually cheaper than coal fired energy.

Renewable energy cheaper than coal fired energy? Why then is China still investing in coal fired stations?

Are you forgetting the cost, reliability, and availability of the baseload (and storage) issues?

My view: we should converting to renewables ASAP (until mastery of nuclear fusion, perhaps) regardless of the cost.

How?

Send the bill to a special account set up by the IMF, who would print the money rerquired to reasonably compensate closure of the fossil fuel industry and enable governments to transfer as much as possible of these freed up resources to a new newable energy industry.

This would represent a case of controlled money printing by an international agency (such as the IMF) - for a specific purpose - which would not result in inflation , because there would be no additional demand on resources, or excess demand on new (currently not utilised) resources.
abetterworld
puppy

Postby HBS Guy » 24 May 2018, 18:52

Lots of deniers say “Oh, look at China building coal fired generators” but I do not see actual announcements—and China does need to bring like 200million of its people into the 21st century. They are building a lot of renewable energy too.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Return to Global Warming and Australian Energy Market