Tone’s speech

Let us record here scientific papers on AGW, record happenings in the Arctic, Greenland, the Himalayan ice sheet and Antarctica. Also weatherstorms and higher than average rainfalls

Tone’s speech

Postby HBS Guy » 10 Oct 2017, 10:53

This is what deniers are now pinning their hopes on, all science based stuff has been abandoned, had to be abandoned because the role of CO2 could not be downplayed anymore (e.g. JoNova is now lying about only the first 20% of CO2 causing temperatures increase:)

3. "The growing evidence that records have been adjusted, that the impact of urban heat islands has been downplayed, and that data sets have been slanted in order to fit the theory of dangerous anthropogenic global warming does not make it false; but it should produce much caution about basing drastic action upon it."

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/ive-learnt-to-speak-my-mind-ten-excerpts-from-tony-abbotts-climate-change-speech-in-london-20171009-gyxk92.html

There is, of course, no such evidence. The BuMet here still has that -10.4°C reading showing in the record for Goulburn. Dubyne lied about the Dutch weather service removing four record cold readings from the De Bilt station weather record. Got his arse handed to him on a platter, don’t fuck with the Dutch!

But the conspiracy theory minded deniers (you should see this play in comments to the idiotic Dubyne videos!) homogenisation has been a conspiracy all along. Fiddling the record! they chortle gleefully.

OK, but—nobody has told the various land and sea ice sheets! Over 1million square kilometres of Arctic Ocean were ice free this NH summer! Last year a cruise ship sailed the NW passage and needed no help from an icebreaker. Greenland glaciers are calving huge amounts of ice each NH summer and the Antarctic is losing icesheleves as glaciers in the West Antarctic are retreating faster and faster.

So—this fiddling the record is all that deniers have left and it is a lie.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Re: Tone’s speech

Postby pinkeye » 11 Oct 2017, 02:54

What a Wally.!! Abbott's policy of opposing everything, whilst in the Opposition, seems to have continued into his current status of backbencher. He now thinks it appropriate to oppose his leader.
What a WANKER.!!
Still, if his sabotage is successful, we'll have a Labor Government next time round. :bgrin :bgrin :clap

I just wonder really how anyone so biased in their views could have become PM. I jokingly told my psych when the discussion came round to politics, that the Libs would run with Abbott et al , he shook his head and said no way.
He is a Lib naturally, as an older member of the medical fraternity, and couldn't agree. Seems I was right.. and just look where we are now. :WTF

Climate Change is GOOD FOR US.!! :nah :read :read :nah :nah
sleep is bliss: do it as often and for as long as you need.
pinkeye
Chihuahua

spamone: Animal

Postby pinkeye » 11 Oct 2017, 03:02

Seriously? This govt is floundering around, finding anything they can to distract the people from what they are doing. Like ADANI for example. No they'd rather distract and divide the people over same sex marriage. How fucking pathetic, how fucking obvious. The government will go down. They just don't get the concern the public has for the health of the Earth, our only home. They only care about their own power and NOT for the greater good.

So, we do indeed live in interesting times. :sad :grn :grn :WTF
pinkeye
Chihuahua

Postby HBS Guy » 11 Oct 2017, 06:27

And this database of all our photos.

It will get hacked. Our details will be sold by this miserable government to private enterprise.

Those who seek to find safety by trading away liberty will find they have neither safety nor liberty. I am not an anti–government nut but hell I certainly am an anti this Lib govt person! Bunch of clowns, desperate to do almost anything to cling to power.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 12 Oct 2017, 01:58

They use fear to promote their agenda.
Sadly, the people fall for it hook line and sinker.
pinkeye
Chihuahua

Postby HBS Guy » 12 Oct 2017, 09:28

The discussion, if you can call it that, of abbott’s speech on OP is pathetic. I showed the theory and how it was born out by measurement of thermal IR, how increasing CO2 sees more and more thermal IR redirected back to the surface, warming it.

I showed the consequences, the destabilisation of all three major landbased ice sheets. Also showed the consequences in terms of wildfires/bushfires and these are getting worse year by year—Google wildfires on the US west coast, pretty horrible.

Arctic Mission, two yachts no icebreaker support reached a tad over 80°N, found a million square kilometres of Arctic Ocean ice free, ocean that until the late 20th century had been covered with thick ice. This open ocean instead of ice of course affects weather in middle latitudes via ocean currents and wind. There was the huge cruise ship travelled the NW Passage without needing icebreaker support.

So plenty of real evidence that rising temperatures do cause harm. Nine metres of sea level rise pretty much locked in now by 2100. We could still avoid this but won’t, not until huge floods happen on the US east coast.

I posted all that but nobody there read it because the same old crap got trotted out, “plant food” for fucks sake!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 12 Oct 2017, 09:48

And that “consensus” shit. Why do the morons there think there is consensus? Because the experimental results show that the “greenhouse effect” is working as theorised!

Harries et al—measurements by satellite spectrometers show IR leaving Earth decreases as GHG concentrations increase (and nitrous oxide is an extremely powerful and long–lived GHG that is increasing and could increase sharply as the tundra keeps thawing out.) Feldman et al measured thermal IR reaching the surface (on the North Slope of Alaska) and showed how this increased as CO2 concentration in the atmosphere increased. Even the yearly carbon cycle affected the IR detected! I noted with glee Lee got this absolutely wrong, moron thought that in summer with trees in vigorous growth and full leaf cover that CO2 was then at its highest :roll :roll :roll :roll The test also showed the concentration of CO2 increasing with time with the carbon cycle getting bigger and bigger—showing the “plant food” crap deniers spout might end up with lower plant protein content, more and more sappy plants with no structure. This plant food crap really does not mean unalloyed good news.

Scientists might try redoing the tests but if the tests were honestly conducted and the results as stated it is no wonder climatologists agree on the theory and reality of AGW! Any similar honest test will show the same results: the trapping of more and more thermal IR on the surface of the planet.

abbott is absolutely wrong. Morons like him stymie the action that could be taken now to slow runaway temperature increases before they are almost unstoppable. We will end up having to make herculean efforts when smaller steps could be taken now to reduce our carbon footprint.

Deniers like Booby, abbott, lee, roach, jonova, wattsupwiththat etc etc etc will make it hard to reverse AGW and even to adapt to and mitigate it yet will be the ones that scream loudest for action when the consequences are severe and impacting said idiots!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Return to Global Warming and Australian Energy Market