Changes to forum appearance

Past election and other vintage threads.

Changes to forum appearance

Postby HBS Guy » 10 Jul 2014, 18:55

I have sent off the details and payment and changes should start happening soon.

Service may be temporarily interrupted tonight.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Re: Changes to forum appearance

Postby HBS Guy » 11 Jul 2014, 13:19

Designer said he would get right to work so dunno why no change—maybe waiting to see funds in his bank?

When the changes are bedded down want to add a portal page—which you can skip by using the regular link for here—to link this board with its Rules, Password Requirements and History and the blog and the two Facebook pages. Will look neat and give new visitors lots to look at. Want to use the present header as header on the portal page as a link to our past and a cute header mantra designed some years ago as a footer (maybe, depends on how it will look.)
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby mantra » 12 Jul 2014, 09:35

Want to use the present header as header on the portal page as a link to our past and a cute header mantra designed some years ago as a footer (maybe, depends on how it will look.)

It's a pity you couldn't do it yourself to save money and time waiting for some sort of result. That old header I did was pretty rough, although at the time I did put some effort into it. I've got a new computer now and a little more experience in photo shopping which means you could play around with different logos, headers and portals yourself and not have to pay someone else for something that might not look right when it's finally installed.
mantra
mountain lion

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 12 Jul 2014, 13:33

It is the coding that is the problem, plus making sure it looks good on Mac and PC, on a 24" screen and a 9" iPad screen, etc. He does seem to be taking his time!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby annielaurie » 12 Jul 2014, 13:53

We should all sit tight and relax, and wait until they're ready to do the job, you guys. And they will be getting rid of the blocks and bars of that bright garish blue on every page, but without changing any of the nice pastel colors, etc etc.

Also the designer might be finishing up other jobs first, before starting on ours.

:Hi
annielaurie
Administrator

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 12 Jul 2014, 14:11

Won’t happen until Tuesday (Monday US time) now.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 25 Jul 2014, 10:50

Seems designer is pretty busy. But will be worth the wait. When all that is bedded down can think about a portal page.

Oned thing we can add—a Blogroll. This would be accessed by clicking a link and would list blogs we follow. Anyone can nominate a blog or source but high quality—not Pickering/Smith/Daily Telegraph, no Murdoch at all in fact.

We have a heap listed—in fact our “Useful Political Links” could be cleaned up and form the basis of the BlogRoll, removing one item from the “Announcements” part of Politics, cleaning that up a bit. I haven’t updated it recently, so an opportunity to do that, starting in Sep say.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 01 Aug 2014, 10:39

sent another email off, asking if it would be done by 8th August. Lousy client communications skills, he should be able to give us an idea of when it would be done!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 04 Aug 2014, 11:38

Sent an email to operations@phpbb.com, starting to wonder if I got scammed for $150?

Yup, seems I did :sad https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2111378

Hokay, now to find an honest designer/programmer.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Return to Archive