update

Past election and other vintage threads.

update

Postby Cherie » 21 Apr 2014, 16:59

you missed

Troll bait and now we are up to Julie Serita Day...

Keep up muggles
Honor to God.

Loyalty to the Country Woman's Association.
Cherie
Jaguar

Re: update

Postby mantra » 22 Apr 2014, 04:40

AiA wrote:Contrary to what mantra wrote at Ozpol, the election is still scheduled and the forum is not "under lock and key."

You have put a second password on PA. Maybe only to keep me out, but if that's what gives you your thrills, then I accept it. I'm not going to grovel to you for the password. If I decide to vote - I'll send my vote via FD.

Talk about a power trip.
mantra
mountain lion

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 22 Apr 2014, 04:59

Yup, being Admin of a few dregs gives AiA a real thrill. Forget about that board, it is just aggravation.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby mantra » 22 Apr 2014, 05:22

If I hadn't seen that hypocritical post from AiA - I probably would have moved past it, but he's forgotten why he was originally appointed admin. All that whinging from members about Aussie being harsh and divisive - yet AiA has created so much more division by closing the shutters and protecting the most abusive members . Sorry Aussie - but you protected Lisa in the same way, although there was only one of her.
mantra
mountain lion

Postby HBS Guy » 22 Apr 2014, 05:26

Pity that board hasn’t had a good Admin lately—boxy lazy, resistant to change, Aussie too rigid and authoritarian, AiA playing games and encouraging fighting.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby annielaurie » 22 Apr 2014, 09:21

Hey Aussie, did AiA offer you some sort of olive branch? Not sure if I get what's been happening ..
annielaurie
Administrator

Postby Aussie » 22 Apr 2014, 09:39

Yes he did. Given what you have asked me I can only assume he has made some sort of comment in the Confidential section. That means once again he has breached PM confidence so I am now free to reveal precisely what happened. He offered me the Moderator job, and I declined. Later, I asked him for the password to the closed Confidential section, and he refused. Here is the PM exchange in total and word for word:

It begins with ~ out of the blue ~ AiA to me:

Mod?
Sent: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:25 am
To: Aussie
Am willing to make both you and IQ mod if you are open to it.

My response:

Re: Mod?
Sent: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:01 am
To: AiA in Atlanta

Under what conditions?

His Reply:

Sent: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:54 am
To: Super Nova Aussie
Aussie, I am open and simply want to bridge the divide between you, mantra et al and the rest of us. I don't want to see anyone banned ... don't want to go there so that isn't an option. Maybe you and IQ could get along here as mods and that would assuage mantra et al. SN is aware of this offer and I am cc'ing him on this message. I have mentioned this offer to IQ in a joking manner (both publicly and privately) but have not made a serious offer. I am asking you first. If you accept I will ask him. If you both accept, I will remain as admin until the next election and SN will remain as mod along with you two. I will not run for re-election this coming election but may run again in the future. We (you, me, IQ and SN) can all work together to ensure the election is a fair one and gives this board continuity.

Me back to him:

Sent: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:03 am

What happened to Boxy, Annie?

His Reply:

Sent: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:33 am
boxy asked to be removed as mod b/c he is busy. annie? go read the hidden threads at JM's board

Me back to him:

Sent: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:44 am

boxy can be busy and still have the buttons. Not interested in hidden Threads at Monk's joint. There is one only Members can see....I'm unaware of any others.

No, AiA, I will not Mod here unless you agreed to my conditions, and I know in advance, you won't.

Further, changeing the wallpaper and carpets is not going to stop the downward spiral here.

His to me:

Sent: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:46 am
Okay. I asked.

Me to him on the Password:

PA Con Password
Sent: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:28 am
What is it and why the Iron Curtain?

And his to me:

Re: PA Con Password
Sent: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:23 pm
You had a chance to get a seat on the train. Now it has left the station. Don't blame me.

My response:

Re: PA Con Password
Sent: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:28 pm
AiA in Atlanta wrote:You had a chance to get a seat on the train. Now it has left the station. Don't blame me.

So.....because I did not accept the poison chalice (and if I did....I'd be Moderating here with your blessing.....and see all) I no longer can access PA.

Yeas. In one breath I am the solution to what you reckon are your problems ....and in the next......being the longest standing PA Member who still gives a stuff about this place....I cannot access it.

Why did you allow Lucas access to your Admin account?

And no reply to date.

So, there you have it.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby annielaurie » 22 Apr 2014, 10:50

Okay Aussie, this explains everything, and also helps me to understand where I myself fit in as a mod, even for that short time. I may post something more in a little while ..

:read
annielaurie
Administrator

Postby mantra » 22 Apr 2014, 11:04

Aussie wrote: Later, I asked him for the password to the closed Confidential section, and he refused. Here is the PM exchange in total and word for word:

So Aussie if you had agreed to the mod job - you would be unbanned?
mantra
mountain lion

Postby Aussie » 22 Apr 2014, 11:10

mantra wrote:
AiA wrote:I am open and simply want to bridge the divide between you, mantra et al and the rest of us. I don't want to see anyone banned

Yet you banned me - for what? Because you didn't like the fact that your administration was questioned or was it insubordination?

Aussie wrote: Later, I asked him for the password to the closed Confidential section, and he refused. Here is the PM exchange in total and word for word:

So Aussie if you had agreed to the mod job - you would be unbanned? How nice of him. I don't care anymore what AiA does to wreck PA - there's no-one left there of any consequence, but when he tells people that he doesn't ban anyone - who does he think he's kidding?

I think you have misunderstood, or have you? AiA made that comment about banning ~ not me. If you were referring to AiA, I don't understand. When did he ban you?
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby Aussie » 22 Apr 2014, 11:13

So Aussie if you had agreed to the mod job - you would be unbanned? How nice of him.

The offer of the Mod job preceded the closure of Confidential by several days. But, yes....if I had accepted, I'd obviously have access to the entire Forum. Nothing happened after my not accepting the Mod offer which would explain why he refused to give me the password to Confidential. Weird.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby HBS Guy » 22 Apr 2014, 11:20

Typical pathetic AiA shit. I can’t understand why you guys bother.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby annielaurie » 22 Apr 2014, 11:31

I see by the dates on the pms between Aussie and AIA that his offer to Aussie as mod along with IQ came on the same day he demoted me from the mod group, April 15th. Aussie and IQ as mods together would have been his next plan of action ..
annielaurie
Administrator

Postby mantra » 22 Apr 2014, 11:31

Aussie wrote: If you were referring to AiA, I don't understand. When did he ban you?

Aren't you banned from PA Confidential? He's also hidden or deleted numerous threads. What point is there to logging in. You can't post because of the aggression and you can't see what's been discussed in regard to the future of the board. It's no different to the ban I was given by you for 3 months except AiA isn't honest enough to say it.

I'm surprised SN has gone along with this.
mantra
mountain lion

Postby mantra » 22 Apr 2014, 11:33

annielaurie wrote:I see by the dates on the pms between Aussie and AIA that his offer to Aussie as mod along with IQ came on the same day he demoted me from the mod group, April 15th. Aussie and IQ as mods together would have been his next plan of action ..

I'm sure that would have worked out well.
mantra
mountain lion

Postby HBS Guy » 22 Apr 2014, 11:39

Mod IQ would be altering your posts, mantra, he did that to me on Aussie’s ill fated board. Would rule IQ out as a sensible choice of Mod.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby mantra » 22 Apr 2014, 11:41

HBS Guy wrote:Mod IQ would be altering your posts, mantra, he did that to me on Aussie’s ill fated board. Would rule IQ out as a sensible choice of Mod.

I was being sarcastic Monk. I can't see IQ and Aussie sharing the same space for long.
mantra
mountain lion

Postby HBS Guy » 22 Apr 2014, 11:44

Me neither. would be short but not sweet :bgrin Just saying in case AiA is weak enough to make IQ a Mod.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby mantra » 25 Apr 2014, 07:17

Aussie - you should have taken the moderator's job. It might have worked. As it stands - IQ or a newby will be the new EL there when something could have been worked out beforehand to suit both factions.
mantra
mountain lion

Postby Aussie » 25 Apr 2014, 08:18

Nah, as I've already posted ~ lie down with dogs, yer get fleas. I wonder whether some action will be taken against AiA for his revelation of those pages of PMs sent to him at PA? The twats have banned/suspended me for doing the complete opposite!
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby mantra » 25 Apr 2014, 08:55

I've deleted this post. No point blaming anyone.
mantra
mountain lion

Postby Aussie » 25 Apr 2014, 09:08

The price was too high Mantra. I was never going to share any stage with those blokes.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Postby mantra » 25 Apr 2014, 09:28

What's the alternative? PA at one time was a community.
mantra
mountain lion

Postby annielaurie » 25 Apr 2014, 17:10

The alternative is what is happening over there right now. It's a toss up.

Either IQ will destroy the forum once and for all, or SN will keep him under control and he will behave himself, or at least tone down his obnoxious behavior.

We have to wait and see. Interesting.
annielaurie
Administrator

Postby Aussie » 25 Apr 2014, 17:31

mantra wrote:What's the alternative? PA at one time was a community.

OzPol is a community much like the old PA but with none of the across the Forum intellectual fire power. It succeeds because there is active and effective (mostly) moderation. Nom Forum can survive with the zen approach of AiA....you know.....no one is banned unless they reveal personal ID information. Yet, I am presently banned....and I posted zero personal ID information. I also did not post anything sent to me via the PA PM facility.

So where does that leave us. There is a strict ONE Rule about Member behaviour there.....yet I am banned for doing something I did not do (which had zero to do with the personal ID details of a Member) .....something AiA has done many, many times, especially with Annie's PMs.

It is absurd.
Aussie
Hero of the Soviet Union

Next

Return to Archive