The harm illegal abortions do

Past election and other vintage threads.

The harm illegal abortions do

Postby HBS Guy » 04 Nov 2012, 15:48

Anne Summers:

Perhaps he and some of his more enlightened colleagues recognised the damage that was being done to women by the outlawing of abortion. As my experience and that of countless others in those years demonstrated, making abortion illegal did not prevent women from seeking to end unwanted pregnancies. All it did was make abortions dangerous and expensive - and turned otherwise law-abiding people into criminals.

If the law had permitted the doctor to perform the D&C in a hospital in the first place, there would have been minimal if any medical risk. As it was, he performed exactly the same operation as I had paid £60 for in a back room in Melbourne. He completed legally the abortion the Crimes Act said I was not allowed to have.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/the-o ... 28pgy.html

Dangerous Remedy screens on ABC1 at 8.30pm on Sunday.
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Re: The harm illegal abortions do

Postby annielaurie » 05 Nov 2012, 00:05

This is downright scary. This is the way it was for girls here in the USA before abortions were legalized. We cannot go back to the way things were, it would be a terrible thing for so many women.

A legal medical D&C must ALWAYS be an option, and the decision must always be made legally and medically between a woman and her doctor, NOT by the government and NOT influenced by religious or moral fanatics.

:b
annielaurie
Administrator

spamone: Animal

Re: The harm illegal abortions do

Postby HBS Guy » 05 Nov 2012, 04:17

Dangerous Remedy was a powerful doco-drama. Showed another side—the backyard butchers paying protection to Homicide detectives
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Return to Archive