Booby is a Liar

Past election and other vintage threads.

Re: Booby is a Liar

Postby HBS Guy » 22 Nov 2017, 10:57

About all these “failed” wheat harvests Dubyne talks about constantly, have a read:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/2017-11-21/graincorp-profits-nearly-double/9174750

Fucking bumper harvests all over, northern and southern hemispheres! Christ but calling Booby a gullible fool is so inadequate!
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 22 Nov 2017, 17:25

Reality, in the form of a record hot spell for Melbourne, has hit Booby on the head. So he drags out the article he hasn’t read—and slings off at me who has read the article :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

The fact that the climate of the Earth has varied in the past
between rather narrow limits despite large variations in external forcing
is evidence for the efficiency and robustness of these feedbacks.

This is talking about NEGATIVE feedbacks, keeping oscillations in the climate system to a minimum.

A variety of climate feedback mechanisms have been identified,
including radiation feedbacks that involve water vapor and clouds, ocean
feedbacks
that involve the hydrological cycle, and biospheric feedbacks
that involve the carbon cycle. In our consideration of thermodynamic
feedbacks in the climate system, we will concentrate on the radiative and
ocean thermohaline feedbacks. The radiation feedback processes that are
of interest in the context of the climate system include the snow/icealbedo
feedback, water vapor feedback, and cloud-radiation feedbacks.

So, three feedbacks, not numerous ones as Booby, who didn’t read the article, claims. Not very intelligent is Booby. All this crap, of course, is Booby lying to himself: despite 2014–2017 being the hottest years on record we are REALLY in an ice age. :huh :WTF :rofl

I think the main positive feedback is the albedo effect.

OK, a bit about control systems/feedbacks etc:
A control system is an arrangement of physical components that are
connected in such a manner as to regulate itself or another system. The
input to a control system is the stimulus from an external energy source
that produces a specified response from the control system. The output
is the actual response obtained from the control system.

An open-loop control system is one in which the control action is
independent of the output. A closed-loop control system is one in which
the control action is somehow dependent on the output. Closed-loop
control systems are more commonly called feedback control systems.
Feedback is said to exist in a system when a closed sequence of cause-and-effect
relations exists between system variables.

http://curry.eas.gatech.edu/climate/pdf/Ch13_GalleyC.pdf

Three feedbacks.

LOVE to see Booby explain them :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 22 Nov 2017, 18:06

While Lees is a bit canny, roach and Ajax are babes in the wood.

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1510802408/0#0

Lees posted something about volcanoes under the Antarctic ice. The volcanoes have been there for millions of years—they are not recent. That indicates they have not caused the retreat of the West and East Antarctic glaciers.

Where the glaciers are retreating, due mainly to AGW, the the thin film of water the geothermal heat has melted from the bottom of the glacier lubricates the slide into the sea. The glaciers on Greenland are also retreating. There are no volcanoes on Greenland tho some heat from the mantle reaches the surface in a couple of spots. Even if there were volcanoes under the Jacobshavn and Petermann glaciers the thin layer of meltwater would not accelerate the retreat of the glaciers: the depth of the ground these glaciers rest on gets deeper the further inland you go.

The poor fools Ajax and roach think it is the volcanoes melting the West Antarctic glaciers. So, fools, what is causing the Totten glacier in East Antarctica and the Jacobshavn and Petermann glaciers on Greenland to retreat, hmmm?

Ajax dribbled:
Another nail in the AGW coffin, we'll bury this hoax one day.

Doubt it, moron!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 22 Nov 2017, 23:00

Love Booby saying he is “fair and balanced” and deserves the Modship of Environment.

He lies.

He attacks me when I can’t defend myself.

He spams. Sometimes posts the same video three or more times. Posts them in unrelated threads. He is obsessed with this ice age crap!

He couldn’t be fair and balanced at all!

He knows nothing about climate.

He can’t summarise or defend the silly Dubyne videos.

It would be nice to attract more posters to Environment—need someone with rather wider interests than silly ice age nonsense, need someone with some science training.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 24 Nov 2017, 06:25

Lees is a liar too:

So different to what's reported.

https://opensnow.com/dailysnow/colorado

(Marla’s “What’s missing” thread in Environment.)

I followed Lees’ link. It talked of 1" of snow on the highest peaks, not 3–6' of snow on the flatlands.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 27 Nov 2017, 10:56

Had a grand day in the Barossa yesterday (Fossicking post in Off Topic.) What did I see on the way there and back?

Healthy grain about to be harvested and a LOT that had already been harvested. Amazing, according to Dubyne wheat harvests are failing all over the place. In the Barossa—very healthy looking vines!

So I guess Dubyne is lying in his ice age videos (ice age when 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 are all record hot years yet!)

Wheat harvests are healthy! As to wheat prices rising: bullshit, the exchanges I looked at on the web show wheat prices falling! Another lie! The Kansas and surrounding states winter wheat did get hit by a blizzard—some damage but as I have shown not huge. The damage was due to the WARM US winter and spring, warmth Dubyne of course did not mention. A lie by omission.

The same thing, warm US winter, but not as much as this year, will happen again—a weak La Nina is developing. If it is warm at the wrong time and buds blossom way too early stone fruits will fail again but not as much as this year.

You can see why right whingers disbelieve AGW: it means change, change to weather, change to practises in city and country. Then there are the fossil fuel lobbyists all of which means action against AGW will be taken late meaning they will cost more in $$$ and lives.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Squire » 29 Nov 2017, 13:32

Bobby bitches himself to anybody who wants to own him.
Squire
Pitbull terrier

spamone: Animal

Previous

Return to Archive