The Truth About the Coronavirus

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.
Post Reply
User avatar
pinkeye
Rhinocerus
Posts: 5715
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 22:29
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by pinkeye »

Just trying to get up my number of posts.

Useless replies to useless posts.. :thumb SWEET.
sleeping is good for you

User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Warthog
Posts: 3318
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:48
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by DonDeeHippy »

Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
14 May 2020, 00:28
johnsmith wrote:
13 May 2020, 19:27
Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
13 May 2020, 17:16
Also, my understanding of world politics is extensive,
:giggle :giggle :giggle :giggle


Is it just me that has trouble believing that?
No, it is only people LIKE you that have trouble believing me. It is people who are closed-minded, ignorant, or cognitively challenged. It is people who never let facts, evidence and logic, get in the way of their own cognitive and confirmation biases. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cognitive_biases It is people, who are genetically hardwired, to never take responsibility for their own actions, or their burden of proof.

I would never expect close-minded, ego-centric, cynical, bigoted, indoctrinated right-wing wannabes, to understand my interpretation of the facts. But what I had hoped for, was a logical argument as to why my interpretation is wrong(other than, you just keep repeating the same things). I was wrong. Obviously genius, I am not alone in my beliefs. Hence, the demonstrations, millions in fines. and the arrests. But if you 5 represent the only single collective consciousness on this forum, then I am talking to a child, not an adult.

An adult may not believe me, but he would at least be able to provide a valid, rational, and verifiable reason why he doesn't.
you got John figured out too, just another right wing Clone.... :roll
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
Shellandshilo1956 ….. Even an annoying troll, has the right to free speech.

User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Warthog
Posts: 3318
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:48
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by DonDeeHippy »

Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
13 May 2020, 18:55
DonDeeHippy wrote:
13 May 2020, 16:59
Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
13 May 2020, 14:29
Are you such a stereotypic right-wing cynic and political dinosaur, that you need to conflate all collective social actions, with strikebreakers?
Wow Shell, I think the same thing when I see Aussie post.... Fucking Right Wingers....


So do you think 5G is responsible for C-19
How about Bill gates ?
Is Covid-19 a hoax of the Devil ?
Have you Watched Plandemic and more importantly do you agree with it ?
What's your thoughts on Vax's ?

as just a side topic

Are we under a false flag ?
Do you know about the Lucifer Telescope ?
operation paperclip

If you support these protestors your must be conversant on their beliefs :purple

More snarking, with more irrelevant and silly meaningless questions. I was talking about the protestors, our civil liberties and freedoms, and the what and why they are protesting. I have no idea what you are talking about. Why are you obfuscating with these stupid, random, disconnected, space-wasting questions?

Are you "conversant with the protestor's beliefs"? Does that mean that you support the protestor's beliefs? Right? Just more fallacious nonsense, to support your own self-deception. More passive-aggressive dismissiveness. I do know about the Large Binocular Telescope Near-infrared Spectroscopic Utility with Camera and Integral Field Unit for Extragalactic Research (LUCIFER). It is two attachments added to the Telescope(LBT) at the observatory in Arizona. The rest of your questions are more self-revealing and silly, than they are pertinent or relevant.

Do you believe in the Devil?
Do you think that any micro-organism can affect a mobile phone?
Do you think that people have died from CoVID-19, or from the massive infections that it may cause?
Do you believe that the government always tells the public the truth?
Are you a robot, or a real human?
Do you believe in astrology, ghosts, aliens, or the paranormal?

If you are not going to answer the questions that I ask on my own thread, or not provide any objective verifiable evidence to support anything out of your mouth, then why are you here? Are you just trolls and snarks, with bruised egos and no pride?
The question I asked you related to those that where protesting, they had those questions and slogan's on their banners, so the questions where very relevant to the protestors....As you have said you support them, then wouldn't you know what they are protesting ?

You miss a lot don't you …..

Now the silly questions you asked me are irrelevant, I don't support the protestors, I think they are a bunch of conspiracist nutters.
You however do... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
Shellandshilo1956 ….. Even an annoying troll, has the right to free speech.

User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
Posts: 10700
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:09
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by johnsmith »

Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
14 May 2020, 00:28
No, it is only people LIKE you that have trouble believing me.
yes, people like me don't swallow bullshit all to well, no matter how you dress it up
DonDeeHippy wrote:
14 May 2020, 06:13
you got John figured out too, just another right wing Clone....
He's a perceptive bugger ain't he? You think he can get anything right? :c
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

Shellandshilo1956
Feral cat
Posts: 237
Joined: 29 Mar 2020, 13:03
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Shellandshilo1956 »

DonDeeHippy wrote:
14 May 2020, 06:19
Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
13 May 2020, 18:55
DonDeeHippy wrote:
13 May 2020, 16:59
Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
13 May 2020, 14:29
Are you such a stereotypic right-wing cynic and political dinosaur, that you need to conflate all collective social actions, with strikebreakers?
Wow Shell, I think the same thing when I see Aussie post.... Fucking Right Wingers....


So do you think 5G is responsible for C-19
How about Bill gates ?
Is Covid-19 a hoax of the Devil ?
Have you Watched Plandemic and more importantly do you agree with it ?
What's your thoughts on Vax's ?

as just a side topic

Are we under a false flag ?
Do you know about the Lucifer Telescope ?
operation paperclip

If you support these protestors your must be conversant on their beliefs :purple

More snarking, with more irrelevant and silly meaningless questions. I was talking about the protestors, our civil liberties and freedoms, and the what and why they are protesting. I have no idea what you are talking about. Why are you obfuscating with these stupid, random, disconnected, space-wasting questions?

Are you "conversant with the protestor's beliefs"? Does that mean that you support the protestor's beliefs? Right? Just more fallacious nonsense, to support your own self-deception. More passive-aggressive dismissiveness. I do know about the Large Binocular Telescope Near-infrared Spectroscopic Utility with Camera and Integral Field Unit for Extragalactic Research (LUCIFER). It is two attachments added to the Telescope(LBT) at the observatory in Arizona. The rest of your questions are more self-revealing and silly, than they are pertinent or relevant.

Do you believe in the Devil?
Do you think that any micro-organism can affect a mobile phone?
Do you think that people have died from CoVID-19, or from the massive infections that it may cause?
Do you believe that the government always tells the public the truth?
Are you a robot, or a real human?
Do you believe in astrology, ghosts, aliens, or the paranormal?

If you are not going to answer the questions that I ask on my own thread, or not provide any objective verifiable evidence to support anything out of your mouth, then why are you here? Are you just trolls and snarks, with bruised egos and no pride?
The question I asked you related to those that where protesting, they had those questions and slogan's on their banners, so the questions where very relevant to the protestors....As you have said you support them, then wouldn't you know what they are protesting ?

You miss a lot don't you …..

Now the silly questions you asked me are irrelevant, I don't support the protestors, I think they are a bunch of conspiracist nutters.
You however do... :purple

The questions you asked, was only meant to belittle and demean the protestors cause. and to mischaracterize them as insane cuckoos and silly nutters. Conspiracy theory? Are you insane? What conspiracy theory? Do you think that the loss of jobs, Covid-19, the shutting down of businesses and the economy, arresting and fining law-abiding citizens, and the suspension of our liberties and freedoms, ARE ALL JUST A CONSPIRACY? Did you mentioned the signs that said, "Don't lock down the people, lock up the criminals", or, "Fight for your Freedom and Rights", or, "Enough"? I guess these signs were ignored, because they didn't fit into the biased half-truth narrative you are trying to peddle as fact. So, you picked one slogan, on one sign, and couldn't even get that right. Totally, and intellectually, dishonest. https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/ ... y-theories

What questions were relevant to these protestors? These are Anti-lockdown protestors. What does the Devil, 5G, Bill Gates, Anti-vaccination groups, LUCIFER, or operation paperclip, have to do with anti-lockdown protestors? Nothing. Are they protesting against any of this nonsense you are peddling? Or, are they protesting against the government, for imposing restrictions(flight, travel, borders, etc.), lockdowns, social distancing, loss of jobs and businesses, arrests and fining of people, the suspension of their freedoms and sovereign rights, and in trying to form a surveillance state(Fascism).

Since you are just another apathetic sheep, and will do whatever you are told, you must resent those who are trying to do something about it. Hence your animosity towards their efforts. I suspect, that even if they were protesting against smoking, or steroids in meats, or more Aboriginal rights, they would always be nutters to you. Right? Were you one of those nutters that believed that Iraq had WMD's, like you were told to believe? Despite all the evidence against that lie? You are doing exactly the same thing again. They tell you that they must protect you from a seasonal virus. They tell you that they don't want you to die, like the 98 elderly citizens have in the last 110 days, in all of Australia. And, then you just assume the position, to allow the government to pack more shit in(apps, social distancing, etc.). Is this the Australian level of critical thinking? If it is, then Australians deserve to be watched and monitored, the minute they leave the house. This is just the first step, and you're too ego-centric, and too self-opinionated to see it.

The government has suspended your civil liberties, and you do nothing but defend them.
The government has led us to the brink of the worst recession in our history, and you do nothing but defend them.
The government has taken away your jobs and businesses, and you do nothing but defend them.
The government has created the worst unemployment ever in history.
The government is promising to restore all our liberties, if we submit to becoming a surveillance state, and you do nothing but defend them.
The government has justified its draconian/simplistic actions, based on the death of less than 100 elderly citizens, and you do nothing but defend them.

Just go back to the bottle shop to keep those few remaining brain cells hydrated, and let the adults try to save whatever is left of our economy. Because you guys can't see beyond the rabbit hole you are in. The worse thing anyone can do in any crisis, IS NOTHING! That is what you do. So, protestors are the last people on this planet, that you should be criticizing. Try looking in the mirror.

Shellandshilo1956
Feral cat
Posts: 237
Joined: 29 Mar 2020, 13:03
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Shellandshilo1956 »

johnsmith wrote:
14 May 2020, 08:47
Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
14 May 2020, 00:28
No, it is only people LIKE you that have trouble believing me.
yes, people like me don't swallow bullshit all to well, no matter how you dress it up
DonDeeHippy wrote:
14 May 2020, 06:13
you got John figured out too, just another right wing Clone....
He's a perceptive bugger ain't he? You think he can get anything right? :c

People like you can't tell the difference between bullshit and reality, no matter how it is packaged. There is only one litmus test for people like you. It must only fit your cognitive bias. That's it. If you want people to listen to you, then just tell them what they want to hear. But if you want people to believe you, then just tell them that it was their idea. Without critical thinking, there is only gullibility. These are the people like you.

User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
Posts: 10700
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:09
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by johnsmith »

Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
14 May 2020, 16:54
People like you can't tell the difference between bullshit and reality,
by that do you mean 'right wingers'?
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Warthog
Posts: 3318
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:48
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by DonDeeHippy »

Since you where mentioning how well versed in other subjects you are.
What do you think of
5G
Vaccinations being compulsory. After all the most useless Vax the one for the Flu is being made mandatory now..
The Doco Plandemic
The deep south. They must want lockdown
New world order... for example do you think there is a hidden force of people that are demanding this lockdown worldwide ?

:purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
Shellandshilo1956 ….. Even an annoying troll, has the right to free speech.

Chuck
Cheetah
Posts: 1067
Joined: 11 May 2019, 19:09
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Chuck »

Who owns a virus? Covid-19 reignites debate on ‘viral sovereignty’

The international community has failed to agree on what obligations countries have to share genetic sequence data, the authors of a ‘Science’ paper say
Without such rules, cross-border cooperation on global health threats could be at stake, researchers say


When a deadly disease breaks out and threatens the world, countries are obliged to share laboratory samples and other information to help fight it, right?

Wrong. In 2007, Indonesia refused to give the World Health Organisation samples of an H5N1 influenza strain from an outbreak in the country until it was guaranteed fair access to any vaccines created from the material. Welcome to the world of “viral sovereignty”.

The ownership of pathogens and related data that emerge in one country is part of a long-standing debate that touches a colonial exploitative nerve: wealthy countries plundering the natural resources – including biodiversity – of poorer nations and profiting from it.

Indonesia is not the only country involved in the debate. In 2018, without explanation, China withheld laboratory samples of the H7N9 bird flu, despite repeated requests from the United States and Britain to share the material.

With the virus that causes Covid-19 first identified in the central Chinese city of Wuhan, the cooperation spotlight is again on China, especially as the US has accused Beijing of concealing information about the outbreak, claims the Chinese authorities have angrily rejected.

But it was researchers in Australia who first sent a physical sample of the virus to the WHO and other laboratories after isolating it from a traveller from Wuhan at the end of January.

Now scientists are concerned that the soured political atmosphere, combined with loopholes in existing international frameworks, could impede the sharing of genetic data and virus samples in the future.

User avatar
hatty
Cheetah
Posts: 1425
Joined: 30 Apr 2018, 12:18
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by hatty »

a science paper you say.

which one? who are these authors? and who reviewed it?

Shellandshilo1956
Feral cat
Posts: 237
Joined: 29 Mar 2020, 13:03
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Shellandshilo1956 »

DonDeeHippy wrote:
15 May 2020, 05:33
Since you where mentioning how well versed in other subjects you are.
What do you think of
5G
Vaccinations being compulsory. After all the most useless Vax the one for the Flu is being made mandatory now..
The Doco Plandemic
The deep south. They must want lockdown
New world order... for example do you think there is a hidden force of people that are demanding this lockdown worldwide ?

:purple

Regarding the "Plandemic" Documentary, this site echoes my sentiments exactly, or the sentiments of any other rational thinker. https://www.wthr.com/article/verify-pla ... nformation It echoes the same comments I have already made in my previous posts. The comments that you completely ignore. Just like all the other questions I have asked you repeatedly. Since you are more interested in pleasing the crowd, than in acquiring new knowledge, facts are irrelevant and useless to you. Belief in your own cognitive bias, is all that matters to you.

I do not believe that anyone should be forced to stick the dormant portion of a virus into their arms, or into their child's arm, by anyone. That is a decision left to the individual, and to the parent. The line between our personal privacy, and government intrusion, is already blurred enough.

I have no idea what the "Deep South" in America have to do with anything. Nor, give a shit if they want a lock-down or not!!! I also have no idea what a 5G mobile network, have to do with the lock-down, or the Coronavirus. It certainly would play a pivotal role in ushering in a new surveillance state. Thanks to people like you. And, your "New World Order" reference, is just another borderline psychosis, created by another very limited and closed mind. So, do you also believe in ghosts, the paranormal, the Elvis and Michael Jackson conspiracies, aliens, Santa Clause, and an afterlife? Be honest.

Rational and critical thinkers, do not ask such ridiculous questions. I am well versed in other subjects, just like you and everyone else is. Surely, you must know a lot about somethings, a bit more than others? Right? Just because I like chicken, doesn't mean that I own a chicken farm, right? Just because I don't smoke, doesn't mean that I am an expert on the effects of tar and nicotine. Right?

Why do you keep going off on these silly tangents? What is the direct link between 5G, forced vaccinations, a new world order, the deep south, a dis-informative doco, and the shutting down of our economy, the suspension of our liberties and freedoms, or the coronavirus? Absolutely Nothing. Just more of your space-filling gibberish to save face.

If you have nothing to say, then just say nothing. This is not rocket science. This is just commonsense. You are being played, and you are just too stupid, indifferent, or apathetic to see it. Even when the facts are trying to force you to open your eyes. 98 elderly people have died out of 26 Million people? Wake up!!!! Stop this insanity.

Shellandshilo1956
Feral cat
Posts: 237
Joined: 29 Mar 2020, 13:03
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Shellandshilo1956 »

johnsmith wrote:
14 May 2020, 16:59
Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
14 May 2020, 16:54
People like you can't tell the difference between bullshit and reality,
by that do you mean 'right wingers'?
Are you really this daft and naïve? People, even you, are not one dimensional thinkers. People do not think only right-wingnut, or left wingnut. You may not believe that any woman should have an abortion, but you certainly believe that the government should not have the right to control any woman's body. You may not believe in public dissention and non-violent protests. But you will still agree with the right to do so. There is crossover beliefs in any political ideology. So, to stereotype someone as a single political tag, is short-sighted, ignorant, and the very definition of the reification fallacy.

So NO, I mean ALL people who lack purpose, self esteem, self-respect, and who lack a minimum level of cognitive reasoning. Especially, after a lifetime of packaged BS coming out of the "Boob-tube". It doesn't matter what political ideology you THINK you ascribe to. These are the people I mean, when I say people like you. I don't care what kind of wingnut you claim to be.

As I have said, all political ideologies are contrived fantasies. They are NOT real. But, thanks to the media, they are conceived by people like you as being real. There is no such thing as a true political ideology. NONE. Except what exist in your mind. There is no true democracies, no true communisms, no true republicanism, no true capitalism, and no true totalitarianism. They only exist in theory, NOT IN REALITY!!!. Hence, why our government is a mixture of political ideologies, and economic policies.

User avatar
pinkeye
Rhinocerus
Posts: 5715
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 22:29
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by pinkeye »

Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
15 May 2020, 20:47
johnsmith wrote:
14 May 2020, 16:59
Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
14 May 2020, 16:54
People like you can't tell the difference between bullshit and reality,
by that do you mean 'right wingers'?

As I have said, all political ideologies are contrived fantasies. They are NOT real. But, thanks to the media, they are conceived by people like you as being real. There is no such thing as a true political ideology. NONE. Except what exist in your mind. There is no true democracies, no true communisms, no true republicanism, no true capitalism, and no true totalitarianism. They only exist in theory, NOT IN REALITY!!!. Hence, why our government is a mixture of political ideologies, and economic policies.
Oh I actually agree with you.. about political ideologies. Not real.

So are ANY ideologies the truth we all need..? YOU know so tell us... any positive ideas out there.?

One can hardly NOT notice you stringently exempt religions, and religious ideologies from your 'conversation'.
You restrict yourself quite cleverly, but it is obvious, you realise that.?

You represent a prophet.. fuck you might even think you're it.!! :bgrin

:jump looney tunes.. hey takes one to KNOW one. :bike :roll :bgrin
sleeping is good for you

User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
Posts: 10700
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:09
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by johnsmith »

Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
15 May 2020, 20:47
People do not think only right-wingnut, or left wingnut.
I agree ... most people don't ... but you obviously do after all, you're the idiot that said

'I would never expect close-minded, ego-centric, cynical, bigoted, indoctrinated right-wing wannabes, to understand my interpretation of the facts. '
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

Shellandshilo1956
Feral cat
Posts: 237
Joined: 29 Mar 2020, 13:03
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Shellandshilo1956 »

johnsmith wrote:
16 May 2020, 11:27
Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
15 May 2020, 20:47
People do not think only right-wingnut, or left wingnut.
I agree ... most people don't ... but you obviously do after all, you're the idiot that said

'I would never expect close-minded, ego-centric, cynical, bigoted, indoctrinated right-wing wannabes, to understand my interpretation of the facts. '
My comment was, "...RIGHT WING WANNABES...". The point I was making, was that people are NOT limited in their life's perspectives and views, because of their political ideology. That the labelling of people as a right-winger or left-winger, is inaccurate, one-dimensional, short-sighted, and immature. And, that there are no TRUE practicing political ideologies, in existence, anywhere in the world.

So, are you tacitly saying that you ARE one of the close-minded, ego-centric, cynical, and bigoted people, that would be unable to understand my interpretation of the facts? But, that you are just not a right-wing wannabe? Which of the other superlatives I've mentioned(that you have ignored), is a more likely match for people like you?

I obviously do what exactly, genius? Since you agree with me that most people do not adhere to any political ideology(in the strictest sense), then the only thing that is obvious, is that we are only talking about those people who DO believe, that their true political beliefs are more than just an illusion. Therefore, these people are also included as those, that would NOT understand my interpretation of the facts. Right?

User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
Posts: 10700
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:09
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by johnsmith »

Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
16 May 2020, 14:09
That the labelling of people as a right-winger or left-winger, is inaccurate, one-dimensional, short-sighted, and immature.
and yet you did just that :roll :roll
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

Shellandshilo1956
Feral cat
Posts: 237
Joined: 29 Mar 2020, 13:03
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Shellandshilo1956 »

pinkeye wrote:
16 May 2020, 02:02
Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
15 May 2020, 20:47
johnsmith wrote:
14 May 2020, 16:59
Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
14 May 2020, 16:54
People like you can't tell the difference between bullshit and reality,
by that do you mean 'right wingers'?

As I have said, all political ideologies are contrived fantasies. They are NOT real. But, thanks to the media, they are conceived by people like you as being real. There is no such thing as a true political ideology. NONE. Except what exist in your mind. There is no true democracies, no true communisms, no true republicanism, no true capitalism, and no true totalitarianism. They only exist in theory, NOT IN REALITY!!!. Hence, why our government is a mixture of political ideologies, and economic policies.
Oh I actually agree with you.. about political ideologies. Not real.

So are ANY ideologies the truth we all need..? YOU know so tell us... any positive ideas out there.?

One can hardly NOT notice you stringently exempt religions, and religious ideologies from your 'conversation'.
You restrict yourself quite cleverly, but it is obvious, you realise that.?

You represent a prophet.. fuck you might even think you're it.!! :bgrin

:jump looney tunes.. hey takes one to KNOW one. :bike :roll :bgrin

Yes genius, there IS a sociopolitical ideology, that is not only the foundation for ALL sociopolitical ideologies, but is simple enough for even you to understand. It is based on three commonsense principles. ONE, is to do the least amount of harm. TWO, is to cause the least amount of suffering. And THREE, is to promote the greatest amount of happiness and well-being. These are the true principles behind all government sociopolitical ideologies. But in reality, all government sociopolitical ideologies, have become a composite mixture of errors and mistakes. What works for their own agendas is kept. And what doesn't work for their own agenda is dismiss with extreme prejudice.

This is a political forum, NOT a religious forum. So, unless you believe that the Coronavirus is really the Wrath of God, then any religious ideology, would have little relevance to the topic. I have left out many, many, other sociopolitical ideologies, because they also are NOT relevant to the topic. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_p ... ideologies https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category: ... ideologies Why do you feel that any religious ideology WOULD be relevant to this topic? Why do you feel that I am surreptitiously trying to exempt religious ideologies from the conversation? And, why is anyone's religion, or their religious beliefs, such an obsession for you? Never mind? Just another silly, mind-numbing fishing expedition, to desperately create any narrative to discredit my argument. Namely, that if anyone who can believe in god(s), angels, demons, and prophets, then anything that they say must be silly and unreliable. These are Ad Hoc and incredulity logical fallacies. They are both attacks on the character, and not the message. It is the argument of choice by passive-aggressive, and by people without any intellectual honesty. Even a broken clock will have the right time, twice a day. Right?

I am certainly no prophet, or represent one. But, I am certainly not another human sheep like you either.

User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
Posts: 9650
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 18:55

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Aussie »

Oh yes your are.
It is based on three commonsense principles. ONE, is to do the least amount of harm. TWO, is to cause the least amount of suffering. And THREE, is to promote the greatest amount of happiness and well-being.
Where did you get that crap from? One and two are the same.

I will agree with you on one thing. John Smith is a right-wing nutter. You did get that right.

Shellandshilo1956
Feral cat
Posts: 237
Joined: 29 Mar 2020, 13:03
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Shellandshilo1956 »

johnsmith wrote:
16 May 2020, 14:40
Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
16 May 2020, 14:09
That the labelling of people as a right-winger or left-winger, is inaccurate, one-dimensional, short-sighted, and immature.
and yet you did just that :roll :roll
Do you even know the point you are trying to make? Or, are your comments only the equivalence of, "I know you are, but what am I?" If you have a point to make, then lets hear it. I'm not interested in your silly insinuations, inferences, and implications. Just back up your assertions and criticisms with evidence and facts. If you can't, then go troll elsewhere. Your depth of knowledge is not required here. This thread is not for the closed minded confirmation biased, or for the indoctrinated WILLFULLY ignorant and the lazy illiterates.

Shellandshilo1956
Feral cat
Posts: 237
Joined: 29 Mar 2020, 13:03
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Shellandshilo1956 »

Aussie wrote:
16 May 2020, 16:47
Oh yes your are.
It is based on three commonsense principles. ONE, is to do the least amount of harm. TWO, is to cause the least amount of suffering. And THREE, is to promote the greatest amount of happiness and well-being.
Where did you get that crap from? One and two are the same.

I will agree with you on one thing. John Smith is a right-wing nutter. You did get that right.
Please go read a book, will you!! I use harm to mean physical and specific harm to the individual. I use suffering to mean distress and hardship for all individuals(like the lockdown). And, I use happiness and well-being, as the resultant product of the absence of harm and suffering.

If it is government policy includes, public floggings, executions, stoning, forced vaccinations, male and female circumcisions, etc., then these are examples of degrees of physical harm. From the least, to the most extreme. Or, pain, if you will. If the government's policies, ignore the living conditions in poorer neighbourhoods, housing, basic civil and healthcare infrastructures, discrimination and equal rights opportunities, consumer protection and legal equalities, etc., then these policies will increase the suffering. The former is absolute and specific. And, the latter is comparative and relative(we are better off than elsewhere).

Please understand that I do agree with you, and that actually all three principles, could be reduced to just creating the least amount of harm. But only in a perfect world. But, in this world, even the Hippocratic Oath is more than just, " First, to do no harm.".

I don't care what John's political beliefs are to him. Unless you are a programmed robot, they are just not real. They are just ideas, that you agree with. But calling yourself an idea, is just silly. I'm a Trekkie, and proud of it. But, do I think that I really am, or that Star Trek is real? Of course not!!

User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
Posts: 9650
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 18:55

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Aussie »

Oh dear. Are you now saying Mr Smith is NOT a rightie, as you have asserted previously?

User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
Posts: 10700
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:09
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by johnsmith »

Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
16 May 2020, 16:50
Do you even know the point you are trying to make?
Yes, that you're an idiot. Do you get it yet?
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
Posts: 10700
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:09
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by johnsmith »

Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
16 May 2020, 17:54
I don't care what John's political beliefs are to him. Unless you are a programmed robot, they are just not real. They are just ideas, that you agree with. But calling yourself an idea, is just silly. I'm a Trekkie, and proud of it. But, do I think that I really am, or that Star Trek is real? Of course not!!
You must be kidding? You think being a trekie is the same as a political position? I thought you were an idiot before, but this post is your dumbest to date. :grn
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

Shellandshilo1956
Feral cat
Posts: 237
Joined: 29 Mar 2020, 13:03
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Shellandshilo1956 »

Aussie wrote:
16 May 2020, 18:05
Oh dear. Are you now saying Mr Smith is NOT a rightie, as you have asserted previously?
Where have I asserted specifically that Mr. Smith is a "rightie"? Nowhere! Just because a person is not claiming that a person is something, does not mean that the person is claiming that a person is something. That is a logical fallacy(false conclusion, and ambiguity). The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence. So again, please quote the statement where I state specifically, that he IS a right winger(in context).

Shellandshilo1956
Feral cat
Posts: 237
Joined: 29 Mar 2020, 13:03
spamone: Animal

Re: The Truth About the Coronavirus

Post by Shellandshilo1956 »

johnsmith wrote:
16 May 2020, 18:37
Shellandshilo1956 wrote:
16 May 2020, 16:50
Do you even know the point you are trying to make?
Yes, that you're an idiot. Do you get it yet?
Since you haven't a clue what you're talking about, then piss off. Go bully other people like yourself. You're not interested in any rational discourse, or any exchange of ideas. Except, where any discourse can paint you as being right, and everyone else as being wrong. This thread is NOT for idiots and trolls. So, your swan song is eagerly awaiting.

Post Reply