Michael Avenatti Found Guilty of Extortion

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Michael Avenatti Found Guilty of Extortion

Postby DreamRyderX » 15 Feb 2020, 08:49

..


................................Michael Avenatti Was Just Found Guilty On All Charges
.....................................In His Nike Extortion Trial


..........................................Image

Source: Business Insider


◆ The celebrity lawyer Michael Avenatti was convicted by a Manhattan jury on Friday of all three charges concerning his attempts to extort up to $US25 million from Nike.

◆ Avenatti was jailed last month following accusations that he committed additional financial crimes while out on bail.

◆ The 48-year-old litigator made headlines two years ago when he began working with Stormy Daniels.
Avenatti is set to be tried in two other criminal cases in federal court on charges that he defrauded multiple clients and stole millions of dollars.


The disgraced attorney was accused of threatening to expose allegations that amateur basketball players were engaged in bribery unless the company paid him off. He was charged with honest services wire fraud, attempted extortion, and transmission of interstate communications with intent to extort.

Avenatti, who was made famous by his representation of the porn star and director Stormy Daniels, was jailed last month following accusations that he committed more financial crimes while out on bail.

Avenatti is set to be tried in two other criminal cases in federal court on charges that he defrauded multiple clients and stole millions of dollars. In one case, he’s been charged with taking over $US295,000 from Daniels’ book advance and using the money for personal expenses.

The 48-year-old litigator made national headlines two years ago when he began representing Daniels, who says she had an affair with President Donald Trump in 2006.

Days before the 2016 US election, Trump’s personal lawyer Michael Cohen arranged a $US130,000 payment to Daniels to keep her silent about her allegations of an affair. Avenatti later sued the president on Daniels’ behalf, accusing Trump of invalidating a nondisclosure agreement and of defaming Daniels.


They'll never learn.....ya don't mess with a NYC Billionaire, 'specially when he be da President! Image



..
..................................................In a Time of Universal Deceit - Telling the Truth is a Revolutionary Act
User avatar
DreamRyderX
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 519
Joined: 14 Jul 2018, 11:45
Location: In Yer Dreams.............
spamone: Animal

Re: Michael Avenatti Found Guilty of Extortion

Postby johnsmith » 15 Feb 2020, 09:02

DreamRyderX wrote:They'll never learn.....ya don't mess with a NYC Billionaire, 'specially when he be da President!



so you're saying that if trump wasn't president, he would never have been found guilty?
Gives a whole new meaning to the term 'trumped up charges' :clap :clap :clap
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
 
Posts: 10113
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Michael Avenatti Found Guilty of Extortion

Postby SethBullock » 15 Feb 2020, 10:11

johnsmith wrote:
DreamRyderX wrote:They'll never learn.....ya don't mess with a NYC Billionaire, 'specially when he be da President!



so you're saying that if trump wasn't president, he would never have been found guilty?
Gives a whole new meaning to the term 'trumped up charges' :clap :clap :clap


What I take from this is that it is unwise to try to extort the Nike Corporation.
“I shall pass through this world but once. Any good that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” - Stephen Grellet
User avatar
SethBullock
Warthog
 
Posts: 2778
Joined: 22 Oct 2018, 12:37
Location: Oregon, USA
spamone: Animal

Re: Michael Avenatti Found Guilty of Extortion

Postby johnsmith » 15 Feb 2020, 10:28

SethBullock wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
DreamRyderX wrote:They'll never learn.....ya don't mess with a NYC Billionaire, 'specially when he be da President!



so you're saying that if trump wasn't president, he would never have been found guilty?
Gives a whole new meaning to the term 'trumped up charges' :clap :clap :clap


What I take from this is that it is unwise to try to extort the Nike Corporation.



that doesn't explain dreamriders claim that it happened because Avenatti messed with a 'NY billionaire when he is da president' :roll :roll :roll
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
 
Posts: 10113
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Michael Avenatti Found Guilty of Extortion

Postby SethBullock » 15 Feb 2020, 12:50

johnsmith wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
DreamRyderX wrote:They'll never learn.....ya don't mess with a NYC Billionaire, 'specially when he be da President!



so you're saying that if trump wasn't president, he would never have been found guilty?
Gives a whole new meaning to the term 'trumped up charges' :clap :clap :clap


What I take from this is that it is unwise to try to extort the Nike Corporation.



that doesn't explain dreamriders claim that it happened because Avenatti messed with a 'NY billionaire when he is da president' :roll :roll :roll


The President has been "messed with" for 3 years straight without a break. Avenatti would have been fine if he hadn't let his 15 minutes of fame and his greed go to his head and try to extort the Nike Corp.

The guy is a disgrace to the legal profession and a complete piece of ....
“I shall pass through this world but once. Any good that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” - Stephen Grellet
User avatar
SethBullock
Warthog
 
Posts: 2778
Joined: 22 Oct 2018, 12:37
Location: Oregon, USA
spamone: Animal

Re: Michael Avenatti Found Guilty of Extortion

Postby HBS Guy » 15 Feb 2020, 16:13

You can say “piece of shit” here Set. I prefer that to coyness or circumlocutions.
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 55610
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: Michael Avenatti Found Guilty of Extortion

Postby johnsmith » 15 Feb 2020, 16:28

SethBullock wrote:The President has been "messed with" for 3 years straight without a break.


you mean when he says and does stupid things we should shut up and be grateful?
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
 
Posts: 10113
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Michael Avenatti Found Guilty of Extortion

Postby DreamRyderX » 15 Feb 2020, 17:03

johnsmith wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
DreamRyderX wrote:They'll never learn.....ya don't mess with a NYC Billionaire, 'specially when he be da President!



so you're saying that if trump wasn't president, he would never have been found guilty?
Gives a whole new meaning to the term 'trumped up charges' :clap :clap :clap


What I take from this is that it is unwise to try to extort the Nike Corporation.



that doesn't explain dreamriders claim that it happened because Avenatti messed with a 'NY billionaire when he is da president' :roll :roll :roll


You may think you know what I might have meant, but only God & I know exactly what I meant.......in the end, regardless the reason behind your move, it's never a wise thing ta piss off a New York City Billionaire..........especially when he's da President.

So Smitty ...... Image Try pissin' off Mikey Bloomberg.....he's just a mere run-of-the-mill, runt Billionaire,
but he's prolly more yer size! Image Image
..................................................In a Time of Universal Deceit - Telling the Truth is a Revolutionary Act
User avatar
DreamRyderX
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 519
Joined: 14 Jul 2018, 11:45
Location: In Yer Dreams.............
spamone: Animal

Re: Michael Avenatti Found Guilty of Extortion

Postby johnsmith » 15 Feb 2020, 18:22

DreamRyderX wrote:You may think you know what I might have meant,


i can only comment on what you say, not what you mean :Hi
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
 
Posts: 10113
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Michael Avenatti Found Guilty of Extortion

Postby SethBullock » 15 Feb 2020, 22:43

HBS Guy wrote:You can say “piece of shit” here Set. I prefer that to coyness or circumlocutions.


Ha! I'm used to the Yank forum where "piece of shit" would look like this: piece of ****.

:roll
“I shall pass through this world but once. Any good that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” - Stephen Grellet
User avatar
SethBullock
Warthog
 
Posts: 2778
Joined: 22 Oct 2018, 12:37
Location: Oregon, USA
spamone: Animal

Re: Michael Avenatti Found Guilty of Extortion

Postby SethBullock » 15 Feb 2020, 23:07

johnsmith wrote:
SethBullock wrote:The President has been "messed with" for 3 years straight without a break.


you mean when he says and does stupid things we should shut up and be grateful?


You can criticize him all you want when he says and does stupid things. Hell, even I think he's said stupid things.

I'm talking about more serious things like the Russia collusion hoax and a purely politically-inspired impeachment. And who has suffered any consequences for this at Trump's hand? The only ones I can think of are the #1 and #2 at the FBI who got fired, and rightfully so. But "fired" isn't "going to prison."

Avenatti represented Stormy Daniels. He should have enjoyed his 15 minutes of fame and maybe capitalized on it legally. But ...

Avenatti is going to prison for trying to extort Nike out of $25 million.
“I shall pass through this world but once. Any good that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” - Stephen Grellet
User avatar
SethBullock
Warthog
 
Posts: 2778
Joined: 22 Oct 2018, 12:37
Location: Oregon, USA
spamone: Animal

Re: Michael Avenatti Found Guilty of Extortion

Postby johnsmith » 16 Feb 2020, 21:14

SethBullock wrote:like the Russia collusion hoa


but there was no hoax. Why didn't trump release the full report instead of just his edited version?

SethBullock wrote:a purely politically-inspired impeachment

bullshit. Even a rethuglican voted for impeachment. The evidence was clear, even discounting the evidence they refused to allow. The problem with trump fans is that no matter what he says or does, they'll find and excuse for him ...

even trump said it

"You know what else they say about my people? The polls, they say I have the most loyal people. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters, okay? It’s like incredible," Trump said.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
 
Posts: 10113
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Michael Avenatti Found Guilty of Extortion

Postby pinkeye » 16 Feb 2020, 23:29

I don't know who Avenatti is.. but from info supplied it seems he opposed Trump.

Oh dearie me.

Bad sign.
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Rhinocerus
 
Posts: 5142
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Michael Avenatti Found Guilty of Extortion

Postby DreamRyderX » 17 Feb 2020, 10:53

pinkeye wrote:I don't know who Avenatti is.. but from info supplied it seems he opposed Trump.

Oh dearie me.

Bad sign.


LOOK HERE
..................................................In a Time of Universal Deceit - Telling the Truth is a Revolutionary Act
User avatar
DreamRyderX
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 519
Joined: 14 Jul 2018, 11:45
Location: In Yer Dreams.............
spamone: Animal

Re: Michael Avenatti Found Guilty of Extortion

Postby SethBullock » 17 Feb 2020, 13:12

SethBullock wrote:like the Russia collusion hoax


johnsmith wrote:but there was no hoax. Why didn't trump release the full report instead of just his edited version?


The hoax was bought and paid for by the Clinton campaign and then politically motivated FBI agents lied to the FISA court to get warrants.

SethBullock wrote:a purely politically-inspired impeachment


johnsmith wrote:bullshit. Even a rethuglican voted for impeachment. The evidence was clear, even discounting the evidence they refused to allow. The problem with trump fans is that no matter what he says or does, they'll find and excuse for him ...


And 3 House Democrats voted against impeachment. The one Republican who voted for impeachment has a personal grudge against Trump. He wanted a job in the administration, and Trump didn't give it to him. The truth is that the Democratic House would have NEVER impeached Hillary Clinton for exactly the same thing, and so this was purely political.

And in their hateful zeal, they destroyed the reputation of Joe Biden who was their leading candidate for president and who is now tanking in the primaries and in the polls.
“I shall pass through this world but once. Any good that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” - Stephen Grellet
User avatar
SethBullock
Warthog
 
Posts: 2778
Joined: 22 Oct 2018, 12:37
Location: Oregon, USA
spamone: Animal

Re: Michael Avenatti Found Guilty of Extortion

Postby johnsmith » 17 Feb 2020, 20:11

SethBullock wrote:The hoax was bought and paid for by the Clinton campaign and then politically motivated FBI agents lied to the FISA court to get warrants.


:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

i expected better from you seth

SethBullock wrote:And 3 House Democrats voted against impeachment. The one Republican who voted for impeachment has a personal grudge against Trump. He wanted a job in the administration, and Trump didn't give it to him. The truth is that the Democratic House would have NEVER impeached Hillary Clinton for exactly the same thing, and so this was purely political.


I'm calling bullshit on that ...I can make the same argument and say that the three democrats who voted against impeachment wanted to curry favour with trump because they're after federal funding

take the politics out of it, look at the evidence presented without the 'conspiracy blinkers on' and there is no doubt of his guilt.

Keep in mind, whilst i don't like trump and admit that i use that for my own entertainment, i don't particularly care who you guys vote for. I have no preference of democrat over republican or vice versa, ... up until trump decided to run, i had zero interest in US politics apart from when Australia got dragged behind the US into wars we didn't need to be in.... and didn't even know which of your two parties was left and which was on the right. In the couple of years since i have taken an interest, trump has failed every decent standard i use to judge people, and my standards for leaders are far higher than those i set for people in general. ... he hasn't passed on a single criteria for decency. If that's who you want for president, fine ... it's certainly no skin off my nose .. i just ask you take the blinkers off and look at the evidence on it's own merit, without the background of democrat v's republican. And without the spin put on by trumps supporters or fox.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Lion
 
Posts: 10113
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Michael Avenatti Found Guilty of Extortion

Postby pinkeye » 17 Feb 2020, 22:58

DreamRyderX wrote:
pinkeye wrote:I don't know who Avenatti is.. but from info supplied it seems he opposed Trump.

Oh dearie me.

Bad sign.


LOOK HERE



Thanks but no thanks. Who needs to hear about another crooked money-obsessed moron.
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Rhinocerus
 
Posts: 5142
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Michael Avenatti Found Guilty of Extortion

Postby pinkeye » 17 Feb 2020, 23:03

johnsmith wrote:
I'm calling bullshit on that ...I can make the same argument and say that the three democrats who voted against impeachment wanted to curry favour with trump because they're after federal funding

take the politics out of it, look at the evidence presented without the 'conspiracy blinkers on' and there is no doubt of his guilt.

Keep in mind, whilst i don't like trump and admit that i use that for my own entertainment, i don't particularly care who you guys vote for. I have no preference of democrat over republican or vice versa, ... up until trump decided to run, i had zero interest in US politics apart from when Australia got dragged behind the US into wars we didn't need to be in.... and didn't even know which of your two parties was left and which was on the right. In the couple of years since i have taken an interest, trump has failed every decent standard i use to judge people, and my standards for leaders are far higher than those i set for people in general. ... he hasn't passed on a single criteria for decency. If that's who you want for president, fine ... it's certainly no skin off my nose .. i just ask you take the blinkers off and look at the evidence on it's own merit, without the background of democrat v's republican. And without the spin put on by trumps supporters or fox.


Agree. Watching the News, every now and then I gasp at something Trump has/has not done.
Every day a new possibility for outright outrage, tinged with a good old laugh, at the idiocy of it all... presents itself.
:roll :bgrin :bgrin
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Rhinocerus
 
Posts: 5142
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal


Return to Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SethBullock and 3 guests