Aus/Indo Deal.??

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Aus/Indo Deal.??

Postby pinkeye » 11 Feb 2020, 02:12

Am I understanding this correctly...?

Australian goods go to Indonesia tariff-free... and the exchange..?

the quid pro quo...??

Indonesians get freer access to Australia across the board.. visa ? blah blah..

UMMM Have I missed something here.?

They get our stuff tariff-free, and they get to come here easy peasy…??? :WTF :WTF

THIS is a GOOD deal..?? :roll :roll :OMG :OMG :OMG
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Re: Aus/Indo Deal.??

Postby HBS Guy » 11 Feb 2020, 08:25

Yes, no tariffs, no seasonal restrictions for entry of our beef to Indonesia.

https://www.beefcentral.com/trade/indonesia-australia-free-trade-deal-passes-final-hurdle/

Will keep looking.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 11 Feb 2020, 08:28

This is the uh oh bit:

One of the deal’s conditions allows corporations to sue the Australian Government if it passes a law that could dent profits. Another opens Australia’s borders to an unspecified number of temporary, more easily exploited workers, according to Michele O’Neil, president of the Australian Council of Trade Unions (ACTU).

Ms O’Neil told The New Daily the agreement would allow Indonesian workers to make Australia home on temporary working visas and fill positions across 400 occupations – putting local jobs at risk.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/finance/finance-news/2020/02/11/indonesia-free-trade-deal-farmers/

Lib s just delighted to keep wages for Australian workers down. Always have but now neoliberals want that done even more so.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 11 Feb 2020, 21:36

I do not understand this whole deal at all.
If I were ever asked I'd say NO WAY.

:tweed :WTF
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 12 Feb 2020, 01:17

They do not ask us, do they? Secret negotiations then treaty presented as fait accompli. No treaty the Libs have negotiated have been good for Australia.

Something contradictory about a Free Trade deal that restricts trade.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 12 Feb 2020, 01:54

It stinks.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby Dax » 12 Feb 2020, 08:09

There are over 270 million Indonesians and they have destroyed their country, like all ideologues they have to look elsewhere to destroy and take over on some way and that is Aus. No different to the chinese, the indoes want to flood the country with people and shoddy goods to boost their economies and gain economic advantages. They realise their tourist incomes are coming to an end because of pollution, overcrowding, growing violence and economic downturns.

What this means is, we no longer have control over our countries borders or economy. It's now controlled by vested interests and overseas governments. Keep voting for the system, it will save you all in the end. :rofl
Dax
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 12 Feb 2020, 23:55

Dax wrote:There are over 270 million Indonesians and they have destroyed their country, like all ideologues they have to look elsewhere to destroy and take over on some way and that is Aus. No different to the chinese, the indoes want to flood the country with people and shoddy goods to boost their economies and gain economic advantages. They realise their tourist incomes are coming to an end because of pollution, overcrowding, growing violence and economic downturns.

What this means is, we no longer have control over our countries borders or economy. It's now controlled by vested interests and overseas governments. Keep voting for the system, it will save you all in the end. :rofl

Sad.... but basically correct. I find it hard to credit.
The depths of this are a dark abyss. ......….Indonesians HATE Australians. basically. Love our money though.

My brother was a free soul, a sailor, and back in the 70s and 80s , he said , you wouldn't go near Indonesian waters if you could help it. He and his crew had some heavy long range weapon.. the pirates you see.. were just cutting their teeth then.
He said Indonesians really intrinsically hate us. We are Christian and white and rich.

Indonesia has had plans to take over Australia for at least 40 years. Their encroachment on New Guinea, and Timor are just a couple of examples.

They have even given this continent of Australia a new name... well , that's what I saw 35 yrs ago.

A MAP. Nothing to do with my brother.. nuh.. a former AFP officer... son of former friends....
So long ago I can't be sure of the correct name but I think I remember . South Irian Jaya.

I cannot believe this government. Talk about fools.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 12 Feb 2020, 23:58

HBS Guy wrote:They do not ask us, do they? Secret negotiations then treaty presented as fait accompli. No treaty the Libs have negotiated have been good for Australia.

I guess we deserve the stick, given what the Howard government did to E Timor.. !! over the rights to Oil,, :jump
That was utterly disgraceful, and yet the whistleblowers are being hammered by this government... truth is not a value in this Australia. /

Can't blame LABOR for that steaming heap of.......... :sad
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 12 Feb 2020, 23:58

HBS Guy wrote:They do not ask us, do they? Secret negotiations then treaty presented as fait accompli. No treaty the Libs have negotiated have been good for Australia.

I guess we deserve the stick, given what the Howard government did to E Timor.. !! over the rights to Oil,, :jump
That was utterly disgraceful, and yet the whistleblowers are being hammered by this government... truth is not a value in this Australia. /

Can't blame LABOR for that steaming heap of.......... :sad
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby SethBullock » 13 Feb 2020, 12:38

You guys sound just like conservatives in America who do not want to give up our jobs to "easily exploited" illegal immigrants. A glut of immigrants drives wages down and takes up jobs that could be otherwise taken by Americans for higher wages.

If I were the Australian leader, I would be in favor of equitable, tariff-free trade between Australia and Indonesia. But I wouldn't give up Australian jobs for it. No way.
“I shall pass through this world but once. Any good that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” - Stephen Grellet
SethBullock
Warthog

Postby Dax » 13 Feb 2020, 16:59

SethBullock wrote:You guys sound just like conservatives in America who do not want to give up our jobs to "easily exploited" illegal immigrants. A glut of immigrants drives wages down and takes up jobs that could be otherwise taken by Americans for higher wages.

If I were the Australian leader, I would be in favor of equitable, tariff-free trade between Australia and Indonesia. But I wouldn't give up Australian jobs for it. No way.

By law, they are paid the same as Aus workers and mostly they are. There are a few rogues around why exploit overseas workers, they end up getting caught though.

We have a very high hidden unemployment, the official figure is around about 6%. They work it out by random surveys and don't class anyone who works more than 1hr a fortnight, as unemployed, it's the same with those on government courses, which everyone on the dole has to do and they don't count the capable disabled.

The real employment/under employed figure would be 10% or more.
Dax
Jaguar

Postby Chuck » 13 Feb 2020, 18:34

pinkeye wrote:Sad.... but basically correct. I find it hard to credit.
The depths of this are a dark abyss. ......….Indonesians HATE Australians. basically. Love our money though.

Indonesia has had plans to take over Australia for at least 40 years. Their encroachment on New Guinea, and Timor are just a couple of examples.

They have even given this continent of Australia a new name... well , that's what I saw 35 yrs ago.

A MAP. Nothing to do with my brother.. nuh.. a former AFP officer... son of former friends....
So long ago I can't be sure of the correct name but I think I remember . South Irian Jaya.

In the mid 70's as part of our foreign aid to Indonesia, the RAAF did mappings survey for the Indonesia govt.

Part of the this service included a public relations exercise that required that RAAF personnel go to the schools.

A number of people that went on this mapping service, mentioned that they saw school books that showed that Northern Aust belongs to Indonesia.
Chuck
mountain lion

Postby pinkeye » 15 Feb 2020, 01:00

Yeah, I wasn't bullshitting anyone.

We are the froth on the ocean,

and the Tsunami is coming to blow us away.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby Chuck » 15 Feb 2020, 11:10

Our politicians in the past had this theory, that if we put thru Indonesia officers thru our Military Academy.
If per chance they became future leaders, they would look to Australia in a favourable manner.

Some as these officers did enter politics but as far I can recall it has never paid off
Chuck
mountain lion

Postby pinkeye » 15 Feb 2020, 22:21

Like I said..Fools…. Suckers. :OMG
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby Dax » 16 Feb 2020, 04:51

Chuck wrote:Our politicians in the past had this theory, that if we put thru Indonesia officers thru our Military Academy.
If per chance they became future leaders, they would look to Australia in a favourable manner.

Some as these officers did enter politics but as far I can recall it has never paid off

It was only recently that Aus stopped training Indonesian officers and doing military exercises with them, it was the Indonesian who stopped it because they felt their men weren't being treated right for some reason. I've read it was because the Indonesians didn't like having women officers and troops round them, typical of muslim creeps.
Dax
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 17 Feb 2020, 01:04

Hey people.. you DO REALISE , don't YOU?

That Indonesia is the most densely and highly populated country in the Moslem world.

I asked a young fella recently what country has the biggest pop in the world that is Muslim, and he said.. Saudi Arabia.

Not even close. :roll

No That would be Indonesia.. just a boat ride away across the Torres Strait. :roll

Well, near enough to be sure.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Return to Politics