apologise to China over coronavirus

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

apologise to China over coronavirus

Postby Chuck » 29 Jan 2020, 15:26

Danish newspaper refuses to apologise to China over coronavirus cartoon.

A cartoon in a Danish newspaper depicting the Chinese flag with its yellow stars represented by coronavirus particles has upset China's embassy in Copenhagen.

D7CF727C-5B38-43D7-8D95-89603EB8CCCB.png

In a statement, the embassy said Jyllands-Posten and Danish artist Niels Bo Bojesen should apologise to the Chinese people for publishing the image, captioned "Coronavirus", in Monday's edition of the paper.

"Without any sympathy and empathy, it has crossed the bottom line of civilised society and the ethical boundary of free speech and offends human conscience," the embassy said on Tuesday. - Source SBS.

The following is what I could envisage Karl Pilkington saying about China being a member of the world community.

He would say, that China is not satisfied with damaging the Climate but using biological weapons to reduce the population of the world.

Apparently, on the ABC TV news this morning, that China refused to supply a copy of the virus to Australia and other countries for some reasons. The $$$ signs must have clouded their compassion for the rest of the world citizens!

Fortunately, it was reported this morning that our scientists managed to manufacture a copy of the coronavirus which would assist in making a vaccine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chuck
mountain lion

spamone: Animal

Re: apologise to China over coronavirus

Postby Lols » 29 Jan 2020, 16:41

I saw on news how our own Oz scientist manufactured a copy of the virus to be able to make an antidote.
It seemed to puzzle them too why Chinese scientists refused to supply a copy.
Or to even publicly announce they have a copy of the virus. But our Oz scientists have no qualms about revealing it to us.

Does anyone think Chinese officials would ever not be secretive, reluctant, or lie?
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
Lols
Irish wolfhound

Postby Chuck » 29 Jan 2020, 17:07

Lols wrote:I saw on news how our own Oz scientist manufactured a copy of the virus to be able to make an antidote.
Or to even publicly announce they have a copy of the virus. But our Oz scientists have no qualms about revealing it to us.

Does anyone think Chinese officials would ever not be secretive, reluctant, or lie?
As a flying polluter to many 3rd world countries.

When the local drivers mention to me, that this great road or any infrastructure was built by China for the benefit our people

I warn them that u and the community will suffer or will have to sacrifice something’s in the future for the pretext of goodwill from the Chinese govt.

Sri Lanka is a classic example when it came to the Commonwealth games of pretext of assisting in funding a bid against Australia.

The deal involved in building a port and airfield that could accommodate military ships and aircraft so that they could have a presence in the Indian Ocean.
Chuck
mountain lion

Postby DonDeeHippy » 29 Jan 2020, 18:18

Lols wrote:I saw on news how our own Oz scientist manufactured a copy of the virus to be able to make an antidote.

Name a country where their officials are not secretive, reluctant or lie Chuck :bgrin
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby Chuck » 29 Jan 2020, 19:12

DonDeeHippy wrote:

Name a country where their officials are not secretive, reluctant or lie Chuck :bgrin
Australia built this bridge between Vietnam and Cambodia as part of the foreign aid project for the benefit of these two countries.
If my recollection is correct it was called the ‘Friendship Bridge'.

We didn’t expect some form of compensation but we were hoping that they would lean favourably towards buying Australian products.

What actual happened!
The Asian countries ganged up on us, because we were then classified as an Occidental country within an Oriental part of that region..

They bluntly demanded that we should have to become Asianised, to do trade with the SE Asian market’s!
Chuck
mountain lion

Postby Bongalong » 30 Jan 2020, 13:22

:tweed
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Return to Politics