A BIG RETHINK necessary..why FLY?

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

A BIG RETHINK necessary..why FLY?

Postby pinkeye » 26 Jan 2020, 02:09

I doubt many of you got the message expressed recently.... you wouldn't WANT to hear it.

That we all need to think about NOT flying... yeah, in Jets, to Holidays, all over the world.

Was it Sir Attenborough ? . It could well have been Prince Charles... . well whoever it was.. they are asking us to be responsible, and NOT FLY.

I mean, it is obvious, but I've raised this issue before, and basically been ridiculed. Seems people think their personal wealth and ability to travel entitles them to disregard WHAT they are doing, ' cos GEE it opens up the mind, travel . Well it seems not.

IT IS NOT OK to fly off twice a yr, eg. to foreign parts, Just 'cos you can,.. and you get to brag to your friends..?? Oh YES we DID Antarctica last year. :roll .
Oh Dubai is just incredible. :roll

TIME TO WAKE UP FUCKWITS.

NO... your mind-broadening experience.. :roll doh.!! doesn't excuse your profligate disregard for the consequences of your actions.

I really hope that Australians stay home for the Holidays, and that they SPEND THEIR MONEY in AUSTRALIA , not some shithole in Indonesia, or anywhere ELSE they feel they are entitled to fly to, BECAUSE THEY CAN. !. FFS.
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Warthog
 
Posts: 4733
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

Re: A BIG RETHINK necessary..why FLY?

Postby DonDeeHippy » 26 Jan 2020, 05:55

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environme ... l_pressure

In Sweden the concept of "flight shame" or "flygskam" has been cited as a cause of falling air travel.[84] Swedish rail company SJ AB reports that twice as many Swedish people chose to travel by train instead of by air in summer 2019 compared with the previous year.[85] Swedish airports operator Swedavia reported 4% fewer passengers across its 10 airports in 2019 compared to the previous year: an 9% drop for domestic passengers and 2% for international passengers;[86]

Greta from Sweden is also o this persuasion .

Yes it is something to think about, I supose the question is does 200 people going in their cars from Brisbane to Sydney pollute more than 200 people in a plane doing the same....
Bigger still because it's easy would those 200 people still do the trip if it wasn't for planes.... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2309
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: A BIG RETHINK necessary..why FLY?

Postby Lols » 26 Jan 2020, 11:25

I immensely dislike airports, flying etc. and absolutely would love to avoid it if I could.
Trains, buses and ships are so much better.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themsleves and wiser people so full of doubts" ~ Bertrand Russell
User avatar
Lols
Irish wolfhound
 
Posts: 638
Joined: 10 Jun 2014, 23:58
spamone: Animal

Re: A BIG RETHINK necessary..why FLY?

Postby pinkeye » 26 Jan 2020, 21:51

DonDeeHippy wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_impact_of_aviation#Personal_choices_and_social_pressure

In Sweden the concept of "flight shame" or "flygskam" has been cited as a cause of falling air travel.[84] Swedish rail company SJ AB reports that twice as many Swedish people chose to travel by train instead of by air in summer 2019 compared with the previous year.[85] Swedish airports operator Swedavia reported 4% fewer passengers across its 10 airports in 2019 compared to the previous year: an 9% drop for domestic passengers and 2% for international passengers;[86]

Greta from Sweden is also o this persuasion .

Yes it is something to think about, I supose the question is does 200 people going in their cars from Brisbane to Sydney pollute more than 200 people in a plane doing the same....
Bigger still because it's easy would those 200 people still do the trip if it wasn't for planes.... :purple



Well IT is to my mind, one of the biggest and best things we could do.. NOT FLy.
You cannot compare 200 people, in how ever many vehicles, more and more electric, with air travel, where it is 200 per plane.

The altitude at which they fly, and they toxins they spew out are much more devastating.

AND MILLIONs of us fly, each and every single day.
Certainly didn't happen over night, but NOW.? seriously..? do you really NEED to FLY where ever you want to go.? Do you really NEED to go where you WANT to.?
The cost of your freedom is too much. Don't you think?


And yes, laziness is a factor.
Do we really need to go to...……….? Or is it now an irresponsible indulgence.?
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Warthog
 
Posts: 4733
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

Re: A BIG RETHINK necessary..why FLY?

Postby HBS Guy » 27 Jan 2020, 04:39

If I ever do another trip I would love to go by ship via the Suez Canal! Missed out on that on the way to Australia in 1957 because of the Suez Crisis.

Planes are beginning to be electric too, Pinky, tho short hop just now.
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 55147
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: A BIG RETHINK necessary..why FLY?

Postby Bongalong » 27 Jan 2020, 09:34

pinkeye wrote:I doubt many of you got the message expressed recently.... you wouldn't WANT to hear it.

That we all need to think about NOT flying... yeah, in Jets, to Holidays, all over the world.

Was it Sir Attenborough ? . It could well have been Prince Charles... . well whoever it was.. they are asking us to be responsible, and NOT FLY.

I mean, it is obvious, but I've raised this issue before, and basically been ridiculed. Seems people think their personal wealth and ability to travel entitles them to disregard WHAT they are doing, ' cos GEE it opens up the mind, travel . Well it seems not.

IT IS NOT OK to fly off twice a yr, eg. to foreign parts, Just 'cos you can,.. and you get to brag to your friends..?? Oh YES we DID Antarctica last year. :roll .
Oh Dubai is just incredible. :roll

TIME TO WAKE UP FUCKWITS.

NO... your mind-broadening experience.. :roll doh.!! doesn't excuse your profligate disregard for the consequences of your actions.

I really hope that Australians stay home for the Holidays, and that they SPEND THEIR MONEY in AUSTRALIA , not some shithole in Indonesia, or anywhere ELSE they feel they are entitled to fly to, BECAUSE THEY CAN. !. FFS.

The merchants wheel is a poem by the Australian Les Murray!
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3481
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: A BIG RETHINK necessary..why FLY?

Postby Bongalong » 27 Jan 2020, 09:38

pinkeye wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_impact_of_aviation#Personal_choices_and_social_pressure

In Sweden the concept of "flight shame" or "flygskam" has been cited as a cause of falling air travel.[84] Swedish rail company SJ AB reports that twice as many Swedish people chose to travel by train instead of by air in summer 2019 compared with the previous year.[85] Swedish airports operator Swedavia reported 4% fewer passengers across its 10 airports in 2019 compared to the previous year: an 9% drop for domestic passengers and 2% for international passengers;[86]

Greta from Sweden is also o this persuasion .

Yes it is something to think about, I supose the question is does 200 people going in their cars from Brisbane to Sydney pollute more than 200 people in a plane doing the same....
Bigger still because it's easy would those 200 people still do the trip if it wasn't for planes.... :purple



Well IT is to my mind, one of the biggest and best things we could do.. NOT FLy.
You cannot compare 200 people, in how ever many vehicles, more and more electric, with air travel, where it is 200 per plane.

The altitude at which they fly, and they toxins they spew out are much more devastating.

AND MILLIONs of us fly, each and every single day.
Certainly didn't happen over night, but NOW.? seriously..? do you really NEED to FLY where ever you want to go.? Do you really NEED to go where you WANT to.?
The cost of your freedom is too much. Don't you think?


And yes, laziness is a factor.
Do we really need to go to...……….? Or is it now an irresponsible indulgence.?

Hollywood tells us that this should be our only aim in life!
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3481
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: A BIG RETHINK necessary..why FLY?

Postby Bongalong » 27 Jan 2020, 09:40

Should flying be regulated?
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3481
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: A BIG RETHINK necessary..why FLY?

Postby Dax » 27 Jan 2020, 10:03

pinkeye wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_impact_of_aviation#Personal_choices_and_social_pressure

In Sweden the concept of "flight shame" or "flygskam" has been cited as a cause of falling air travel.[84] Swedish rail company SJ AB reports that twice as many Swedish people chose to travel by train instead of by air in summer 2019 compared with the previous year.[85] Swedish airports operator Swedavia reported 4% fewer passengers across its 10 airports in 2019 compared to the previous year: an 9% drop for domestic passengers and 2% for international passengers;[86]

Greta from Sweden is also o this persuasion .

Yes it is something to think about, I supose the question is does 200 people going in their cars from Brisbane to Sydney pollute more than 200 people in a plane doing the same....
Bigger still because it's easy would those 200 people still do the trip if it wasn't for planes.... :purple


Well IT is to my mind, one of the biggest and best things we could do.. NOT FLy.
You cannot compare 200 people, in how ever many vehicles, more and more electric, with air travel, where it is 200 per plane.

The altitude at which they fly, and they toxins they spew out are much more devastating.

AND MILLIONs of us fly, each and every single day.
Certainly didn't happen over night, but NOW.? seriously..? do you really NEED to FLY where ever you want to go.? Do you really NEED to go where you WANT to.?
The cost of your freedom is too much. Don't you think?


And yes, laziness is a factor.
Do we really need to go to...……….? Or is it now an irresponsible indulgence.?


When going overseas, I always travel by ship, last time was different and flew back in a small private jet for free. Had a light plane licence since the early 1970's, kept it relevant and upgraded in the hope one day to see an electric plane that I could fly. Which in some ways is a bit hypocritical on my part, but the electric plane is now here and many types will become available over the next couple of years.

The problem for most clones is they only get a couple of weeks off from their entrenched slavery, so can't afford to take a week or two to get to the EU or anywhere in the nth hemisphere. However sea trips are wonderful holidays, unless you go on a packed in like cattle cruise ship overflowing will illness and agro. Even going from Aus to NZ by ship is a great trip, especially if they stop of at Norfolk island and when there are only 4-8 other passengers, it's wonderful time that I always look forward to.

Air travel is one of the biggest cause of air and ground pollution on the planet, the amount of unburnt fuel they dump is almost unbelievable and it's a verified fact, that living under any flight path, is where you find the highest respiratory and cancer patients around the world, even in rural areas.
User avatar
Dax
Jaguar
 
Posts: 1599
Joined: 12 Apr 2017, 11:15
spamone: Animal

Re: A BIG RETHINK necessary..why FLY?

Postby johnsmith » 27 Jan 2020, 16:28

this sort of crap does not help fight climate change. It just moves legitimate climate change activists into the realm if lunatics and takes away from other efforts that need to be a priority.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 9714
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: A BIG RETHINK necessary..why FLY?

Postby pinkeye » 27 Jan 2020, 20:50

Oh yes... I remember now, You JS were the most offended by the idea you shouldn't fly , in the best interests of everyone.

johnsmith wrote:this sort of crap does not help fight climate change. It just moves legitimate climate change activists into the realm if lunatics and takes away from other efforts that need to be a priority.


Obviously I think what you just posted is garbage,. :roll :sad you must vote for pauline OR the LNP. Or not vote at all because you are basically just too lazy to be bothered.

Nah Nah Nah Nah

Sorry but there can be no denying the damage to our upper atmosphere, and all the way down to the ground, HARM we do everyday. Millions of people fly... because they can. EVERY single day, and you know what..?? that couldn't happen 100 yrs ago.
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Warthog
 
Posts: 4733
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

Re: A BIG RETHINK necessary..why FLY?

Postby johnsmith » 28 Jan 2020, 18:34

pinkeye wrote:Oh yes... I remember now, You JS were the most offended by the idea you shouldn't fly , in the best interests of everyone.

johnsmith wrote:this sort of crap does not help fight climate change. It just moves legitimate climate change activists into the realm if lunatics and takes away from other efforts that need to be a priority.


Obviously I think what you just posted is garbage,. :roll :sad you must vote for pauline OR the LNP. Or not vote at all because you are basically just too lazy to be bothered.

Nah Nah Nah Nah

Sorry but there can be no denying the damage to our upper atmosphere, and all the way down to the ground, HARM we do everyday. Millions of people fly... because they can. EVERY single day, and you know what..?? that couldn't happen 100 yrs ago.


well so far you've got nothing right.

Unless you provide people with a viable alternative, your arguments against flying will be tossed in the 'fringe lunatic' bin rather than be taken seriously. All these sorts of debates do is hamper more legitimate proposals that actually might have a chance if people weren't distracted by this sort of crap
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 9714
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: A BIG RETHINK necessary..why FLY?

Postby pinkeye » 29 Jan 2020, 02:03

johnsmith wrote:
pinkeye wrote:Oh yes... I remember now, You JS were the most offended by the idea you shouldn't fly , in the best interests of everyone.

johnsmith wrote:this sort of crap does not help fight climate change. It just moves legitimate climate change activists into the realm if lunatics and takes away from other efforts that need to be a priority.


Obviously I think what you just posted is garbage,. :roll :sad you must vote for pauline OR the LNP. Or not vote at all because you are basically just too lazy to be bothered.

Nah Nah Nah Nah

Sorry but there can be no denying the damage to our upper atmosphere, and all the way down to the ground, HARM we do everyday. Millions of people fly... because they can. EVERY single day, and you know what..?? that couldn't happen 100 yrs ago.


well so far you've got nothing right.

Unless you provide people with a viable alternative, your arguments against flying will be tossed in the 'fringe lunatic' bin rather than be taken seriously. All these sorts of debates do is hamper more legitimate proposals that actually might have a chance if people weren't distracted by this sort of crap


Well, again, I don't agree with you. Tell us JS just what these more legitimate proposals are..? that can mitigate the damage.?
The thing I don't think you realise, is that LIFE as YOU KNOW IT, cannot continue it's merry way to disaster.

Your alternatives..? ..other than this sort of crap....?

I'D SAY,... this is quite clearly an initiative that each of us can undertake.... it is something that people MIGHT ACTUALLY DECIDE THEY CAN DO....
.. to reduce the harm.

I suspect you are a TRAVEL AGENT for people wanting to fly overseas for some sun in Bali, or Bucharest, or Birmingham :roll . :huh


The alternatives to flying off overseas..??
HOLIDAY here. Or at least in the region.. Tasmania, Kangaroo Island Norfolk Island NZ...

NOBODY NEEDS to fly overseas for a holiday.

Perhaps only medical business and diplomatic travel should occur by plane.?
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Warthog
 
Posts: 4733
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

Re: A BIG RETHINK necessary..why FLY?

Postby DonDeeHippy » 29 Jan 2020, 05:04

johnsmith wrote:this sort of crap does not help fight climate change. It just moves legitimate climate change activists into the realm if lunatics and takes away from other efforts that need to be a priority.

In Sweden the concept of "flight shame" or "flygskam" has been cited as a cause of falling air travel.[84] Swedish rail company SJ AB reports that twice as many Swedish people chose to travel by train instead of by air in summer 2019 compared with the previous year.[85] Swedish airports operator Swedavia reported 4% fewer passengers across its 10 airports in 2019 compared to the previous year: an 9% drop for domestic passengers and 2% for international passengers;[86]

In countries with good public transport it's working and is not making Greenies look like lunatics....
As you say people need a alternative... When the only alternatives use just as much if not more fossil fuels then it is not viable to really consider in Australia.... However elimination is a good alternative, do you really need to do the trip ? In business do you really need to send someone to another city for a few days work or a meeting, why not use someone from where you live instead or have a video link meeting.
This topic is another good reason for electric self driving cars...If you live in Brisbane and need to goto Sydney you can just hop in a self driving car at bed time and sleep in it until the morning and wake up in Sydney, when the grid is run by renewables the energy required wont pollute us.

If car and planes started to add expenses of health and destroying our land to the price of Burning fossil fuels and fuel doubled or tripled to compensate this... magically id predict a lot less people going on joy flights overseas and abroad.
The other HUGE polluter is people that live a hour or 2 from where they work, if fuel cost more than what you earn the employees and employers will find a better solution, as it is now why bother.... :purple
:purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2309
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: A BIG RETHINK necessary..why FLY?

Postby johnsmith » 29 Jan 2020, 16:26

pinkeye wrote:ell us JS just what these more legitimate proposals are..?


for starters how about increasing the move towards renewables rather than coal based energy
or Banning unnecessary plastic wrapping


there are many cases we can take up that have a much more realistic chance of working

pinkeye wrote:NOBODY NEEDS to fly overseas for a holiday.


That's a ridiculous argument. These days you don't 'NEED to leave your house either and yet you do. Why don't you start with that if you're so concerned about polluting. People aren't going to simply stop living their lives just so you can feel better.

DonDeeHippy wrote:In Sweden the concept of "flight shame" or "flygskam" has been cited as a cause of falling air travel.[84] Swedish rail company SJ AB reports that twice as many Swedish people chose to travel by train instead of by air in summer 2019 compared with the previous year.[8


That's because a 12 hr drive from Sweden can take you across 3 or 4 borders if you so wish. Icould drive north for 12 hrs and still be in qld.
And they have viable alternatives. Try heading overseas from Australia by train ... see how that works for you.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 9714
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: A BIG RETHINK necessary..why FLY?

Postby DonDeeHippy » 29 Jan 2020, 18:14

johnsmith wrote:DonDeeHippy wrote:In Sweden the concept of "flight shame" or "flygskam" has been cited as a cause of falling air travel.[84] Swedish rail company SJ AB reports that twice as many Swedish people chose to travel by train instead of by air in summer 2019 compared with the previous year.[8That's because a 12 hr drive from Sweden can take you across 3 or 4 borders if you so wish. Icould drive north for 12 hrs and still be in qld.And they have viable alternatives. Try heading overseas from Australia by train ... see how that works for you.


DonDeeHippy wrote:In countries with good public transport it's working and is not making Greenies look like lunatics....


I had already said that after the Quote :bgrin
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2309
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: A BIG RETHINK necessary..why FLY?

Postby pinkeye » 29 Jan 2020, 22:45

johnsmith wrote:
pinkeye wrote:ell us JS just what these more legitimate proposals are..?


for starters how about increasing the move towards renewables rather than coal based energy
or Banning unnecessary plastic wrapping



THAT ios happening already.





there are many cases we can take up that have a much more realistic chance of working


OHH ?? other than ?? whatever vague suggestions you've made so far..!! Soo what are those cases.? where everybody gets to be GOOD HUMANS, NOT UTTERLY self-obsessed narcissists who want to do what they want to do because they CAN.? !




pinkeye wrote:NOBODY NEEDS to fly overseas for a holiday.


That's a ridiculous argument. These days you don't 'NEED to leave your house either and yet you do. Why don't you start with that if you're so concerned about polluting. People aren't going to simply stop living their lives just so you can feel better.

JS ? you have a serious problem, and I am sure it is related to your income, because no-one without a vested interest, could deny these facts.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO FLY ANYWHERE. 99/100% Some need to for medical reasons.. :thumb
THESE DAYS, any other need becomes unimportant. We have tele-conferences, after all. Maybe those that regularly travel unnecessarily on the public purse might argue against flying... BUT ?? why WOULD YOU.?


YOU think life is about being able to do what you choose, regardless of the consequences.?






DonDeeHippy wrote:In Sweden the concept of "flight shame" or "flygskam" has been cited as a cause of falling air travel.[84] Swedish rail company SJ AB reports that twice as many Swedish people chose to travel by train instead of by air in summer 2019 compared with the previous year.[8


That's because a 12 hr drive from Sweden can take you across 3 or 4 borders if you so wish. Icould drive north for 12 hrs and still be in qld.
And they have viable alternatives. Try heading overseas from Australia by train ... see how that works for you.



And THE POINT IS..?


DO NOT FLY ANYWHERE, UNLESS IT IS AN EMERGENCY.!!!
The days of flying around the world are OVER.
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Warthog
 
Posts: 4733
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

Re: A BIG RETHINK necessary..why FLY?

Postby HBS Guy » 30 Jan 2020, 07:52

No, people will continue to fly.

Me driving to Melbourne then onto the ferry to Devonport—that less polluting? Don’t think so.

I have flown to and from Europe once. A couple flights for work. Two flights to Qld for which I paid a few $ to have the emissions offset.

Telepresence (advanced telecommuting if you like) is available only to very big businesses thanks to the Libs fucking up the NBN. I do a bit of teleconferencing once a week with a few US buddies. Fairly low resolution and not very stable (my Mac is fine but the others tend to crash out 2-3 times over the 2 hours or so we teleconference.)

Politicians could certainly teleconference a lot more.
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 55147
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: A BIG RETHINK necessary..why FLY?

Postby DonDeeHippy » 30 Jan 2020, 10:46

I just checked and a train ticket from Sydney is $110 and will take 14 hours
Plane trip is $90 and takes one and a half hours..... Unless something changes planes will be used... :purple
14 hours in a seat is a long time and to be fair a train traveling 14 hours would use more fuel than a plane traveling 1.5 hours :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2309
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: A BIG RETHINK necessary..why FLY?

Postby Bongalong » 30 Jan 2020, 13:15

johnsmith wrote:this sort of crap does not help fight climate change. It just moves legitimate climate change activists into the realm if lunatics and takes away from other efforts that need to be a priority.

Fair call: where are your solutions!??!
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3481
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: A BIG RETHINK necessary..why FLY?

Postby Bongalong » 30 Jan 2020, 13:17

pinkeye wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
pinkeye wrote:ell us JS just what these more legitimate proposals are..?


for starters how about increasing the move towards renewables rather than coal based energy
or Banning unnecessary plastic wrapping



THAT ios happening already.





there are many cases we can take up that have a much more realistic chance of working


OHH ?? other than ?? whatever vague suggestions you've made so far..!! Soo what are those cases.? where everybody gets to be GOOD HUMANS, NOT UTTERLY self-obsessed narcissists who want to do what they want to do because they CAN.? !




pinkeye wrote:NOBODY NEEDS to fly overseas for a holiday.


That's a ridiculous argument. These days you don't 'NEED to leave your house either and yet you do. Why don't you start with that if you're so concerned about polluting. People aren't going to simply stop living their lives just so you can feel better.

JS ? you have a serious problem, and I am sure it is related to your income, because no-one without a vested interest, could deny these facts.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO FLY ANYWHERE. 99/100% Some need to for medical reasons.. :thumb
THESE DAYS, any other need becomes unimportant. We have tele-conferences, after all. Maybe those that regularly travel unnecessarily on the public purse might argue against flying... BUT ?? why WOULD YOU.?


YOU think life is about being able to do what you choose, regardless of the consequences.?






DonDeeHippy wrote:In Sweden the concept of "flight shame" or "flygskam" has been cited as a cause of falling air travel.[84] Swedish rail company SJ AB reports that twice as many Swedish people chose to travel by train instead of by air in summer 2019 compared with the previous year.[8


That's because a 12 hr drive from Sweden can take you across 3 or 4 borders if you so wish. Icould drive north for 12 hrs and still be in qld.
And they have viable alternatives. Try heading overseas from Australia by train ... see how that works for you.



And THE POINT IS..?


DO NOT FLY ANYWHERE, UNLESS IT IS AN EMERGENCY.!!!
The days of flying around the world are OVER.

Yes: :beer They have to be or we're f********** :tweed :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3481
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: A BIG RETHINK necessary..why FLY?

Postby johnsmith » 30 Jan 2020, 17:52

[
pinkeye wrote:
THAT ios happening already.


where is plastic wrapping banned? and what is happening in the switch to renewables isn't happening fast enough

[
pinkeye wrote:OHH ?? other than ?? whatever vague suggestions you've made so far..!! Soo what are those cases.? where everybody gets to be GOOD HUMANS, NOT UTTERLY self-obsessed narcissists who want to do what they want to do because they CAN.? !


i gave you two examples to start with, if you want more you need to come up with your own. Try to keep them realistic

pinkeye wrote:DO NOT FLY ANYWHERE, UNLESS IT IS AN EMERGENCY.!!!

see, that sort of stupidity doesn't help anyone. People fly for a myriad of reasons. Saying don't do it doesn't cut it, not if you're not offering a comparable alternative. Just because your happy to never go anywhere, others aren't. Believe it or not some people enjoy meeting new people, seeing new cultures. Or just plain old taking a holiday.

pinkeye wrote:
And THE POINT IS..?


you live on a big island .. if you need to go anywhere the only real alternative is flying. THAT is the point.

Bongalong wrote:Fair call: where are your solutions!??!

stop coming up with crack pot 'solutions' that do nothing other than distract from the real work.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 9714
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: A BIG RETHINK necessary..why FLY?

Postby johnsmith » 30 Jan 2020, 17:53

DonDeeHippy wrote:I just checked and a train ticket from Sydney is $110 and will take 14 hours
Plane trip is $90 and takes one and a half hours..... Unless something changes planes will be used... :purple
14 hours in a seat is a long time and to be fair a train traveling 14 hours would use more fuel than a plane traveling 1.5 hours :purple


even if you could travel to Europe or the US by train, you'd need 3 months of holiday leave just for the trip. Most people only get 4 weeks a year.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 9714
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: A BIG RETHINK necessary..why FLY?

Postby Bongalong » 30 Jan 2020, 18:32

johnsmith wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
THAT ios happening already.


where is plastic wrapping banned? and what is happening in the switch to renewables isn't happening fast enough

Bongalong wrote:OHH ?? other than ?? whatever vague suggestions you've made so far..!! Soo what are those cases.? where everybody gets to be GOOD HUMANS, NOT UTTERLY self-obsessed narcissists who want to do what they want to do because they CAN.? !


i gave you two examples to start with, if you want more you need to come up with your own. Try to keep them realistic

Bongalong wrote:DO NOT FLY ANYWHERE, UNLESS IT IS AN EMERGENCY.!!!

see, that sort of stupidity doesn't help anyone. People fly for a myriad of reasons. Saying don't do it doesn't cut it, not if you're not offering a comparable alternative. Just because your happy to never go anywhere, others aren't. Believe it or not some people enjoy meeting new people, seeing new cultures. Or just plain old taking a holiday.

Bongalong wrote:
And THE POINT IS..?


you live on a big island .. if you need to go anywhere the only real alternative is flying. THAT is the point.

Bongalong wrote:Fair call: where are your solutions!??!

stop coming up with crack pot 'solutions' that do nothing other than distract from the real work.

I did not say "that is happening already"... ya f'n tripper :zzzz
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3481
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: A BIG RETHINK necessary..why FLY?

Postby johnsmith » 30 Jan 2020, 20:39

Bongalong wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
THAT ios happening already.


where is plastic wrapping banned? and what is happening in the switch to renewables isn't happening fast enough

Bongalong wrote:OHH ?? other than ?? whatever vague suggestions you've made so far..!! Soo what are those cases.? where everybody gets to be GOOD HUMANS, NOT UTTERLY self-obsessed narcissists who want to do what they want to do because they CAN.? !


i gave you two examples to start with, if you want more you need to come up with your own. Try to keep them realistic

Bongalong wrote:DO NOT FLY ANYWHERE, UNLESS IT IS AN EMERGENCY.!!!

see, that sort of stupidity doesn't help anyone. People fly for a myriad of reasons. Saying don't do it doesn't cut it, not if you're not offering a comparable alternative. Just because your happy to never go anywhere, others aren't. Believe it or not some people enjoy meeting new people, seeing new cultures. Or just plain old taking a holiday.

Bongalong wrote:
And THE POINT IS..?


you live on a big island .. if you need to go anywhere the only real alternative is flying. THAT is the point.

Bongalong wrote:Fair call: where are your solutions!??!

stop coming up with crack pot 'solutions' that do nothing other than distract from the real work.

I did not say "that is happening already"... ya f'n tripper :zzzz



most of thatwas directed to pink. I must have quoted her comment in your reply. I've Fixed it for you.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 9714
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Next

Return to Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot] and 10 guests