New Topic? Again?

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: New Topic? Again?

Postby Chuck » 01 Feb 2020, 10:01

Aussie wrote:Yes...that's what would have been said of the contemporary critics of Adolf. The US is in danger of handing itself over to POTUS Trump.
From a layman’s perspective of these two people?
I see similarities between Hitler and Trump and why initially, the reasons for their popularity.

Hitler told the rest of the world to get stuffed and refused to pay the reparation payments which was damaging the speed of economic recovery.

Trump even tho a businessman, was prepared to standup against the American corporate business community commercial mentality.
He targeted countries that were a threat to his people’s well-being economically and In both cases their economy initially flourished.

Trump currently is in a similar position where the world leaders aren’t sure how to handle him.
Hitler got many concessions from world leaders during his era and Trump is incrementally achieving his goals.

Hopefully the next phase doesn’t pan out?
Chuck
mountain lion

spamone: Animal

Postby Bongalong » 01 Feb 2020, 20:13

karlrand wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:Ayn Rand staved off the grave a bit courtesy of Canadian tax payer dollars. When the chips were down she could not live up to the ideals she professed in her turgid novels. Canadian tax payers paid for her lung cancer operation! Statist, moocher Rand!

“I like to think of a man with a cigarette in his fingers, fire controlled at his finger trips” or some such twaddle from “Atlas Shrugged.” I guess that fire wasn’t quite so controlled, rather it was controlling! Worthless writer and “philospher.”

She ended her days on national security—a public pension!

I’m acquainted in great detail with the contradictions of Ayn Rand’s life. However, I’m not anything like a follower of her objectivist philosophy apart from her epistemology which I have yet to see refuted effectively by any of the academics who pretend she never existed. It's even more absurd to ignore her ongoing influence. The danger in ignoring this influence should not escape you, especially if we have any concern with young right wingers foetid beliefs.
As to her novels being turgid one could also say that about Wagner without diminishing either’s artistic achievements.
Your use of “philosopher” is interesting. If she wasn’t one neither are 90% of the loquacious claimants to that discipline, especially the French de-constructionists whose over-tossed word salads aren’t worth a chapter of Atlas Shrugged.

What did Atlas Shrugged teach?
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 01 Feb 2020, 20:18

karlrand wrote:
Dax wrote:
karlrand wrote:I haven’t dredged through every thread in this section but it appears complete boredom with the US Impeachment process has set in. Fair enough, it’s all been very tedious and predictable BUT given the possibility Trump will get off this time and may be re-elected we need to ask what the implications are in having an unhinged and unleashed dictator in the Whitehouse. I suggest it’s no exaggeration to suspect we may see the death of democracy in the US given it’s been on it’s knees since Trump first ascended the Whitehouse throne.

The USA is no different to other countries, politically, ideologically, social and ecologically. So there is no argument as to it being any more relevant to any other form of political corruption sweeping the planet and it all involves ideologies and in particular, god nutters. Rump is just another crazed ideologue, no different to any country or state leader and if people just sat back, snapped out of their zombie approach to the future and looked at the reality of the political world. They'd soon see the truth and maybe make some changes in their approach to the future.

How is the Rump any different to Moronison, or the deranged Johnston or Macron, Putin, Xi, Netanyahu. They are all corrupt and it's the same around the planet, the only decent ones if there are any, are rare and mostly get dumbed down but the system. The Rump has the bigger and more guns than anyone else at the moment, so he fluffs his feathers and struts round like the king with no clothes and everyone can see he's a waste of space, but they just put on their rose coloured glasses and lock out reality.

To my mind, there are more pressing political discussions that could be discussed, rather than the collapse of a society, when our own is following close behind.

Our wonderful governments have put our capabilities of surviving decades backwards. Same with global warming, same with health, same with everything. The Rump is a brainless drop kick, he will start a war, his ego just couldn't stand not believing he can do it any time he wants and will to prove the USA is back.

You can't moralise about war, it's the act of trying to kill, take over and destroy at any cost other than the leaders and ideological elites. To claim killing a combatant one way is immoral and yet another way is moral, is pathetic. In war it's kill or be killed and anything goes to save yours and others lives. It has always included the slaughter of non combatants, that's a tactic used by all sides in every war through out history and it will never change.

A great deal to agree with here but can we please just pause for a moment and look outside of the usual suspects of ideology, religion and power and spend a little time contemplating ourselves as a species and whether or not we deserve to survive.
And why can’t we moralise about war? Are such actions amoral?

Why should we contemplate whether or not we deserve to survive as a species?

:rain :yak yak :yak yak :yak yak :yak yak :yak yak
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Chuck » 01 Feb 2020, 20:56

Hi DAX!

I hope u protecting the earth by practicing subsistence farming and moving ur seed run machinery around like a gypsy?

U need to to move on, for that land to have a chance to recover from your damaging foot print on its surface!
Chuck
mountain lion

Postby Bongalong » 01 Feb 2020, 21:08

Chuck wrote:Hi DAX!

I hope u protecting the earth by practicing subsistence farming and moving ur seed run machinery around like a gypsy?

U need to to move on, for that land to have a chance to recover from your damaging foot print on its surface!

U should not take drugs :OMG
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Dax » 02 Feb 2020, 04:31

Intelligence is not your strong point is it.
Dax
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Feb 2020, 08:50

Chucky had a very nice Saturday afternoon! :bgrin
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Chuck » 02 Feb 2020, 21:59

Dax wrote:

But I have proven skills in utilising intelligent people to achieve my desired outcomes. U might be intelligent but I’m educated, learn ur Latin roots as a hint!

The truely intelligent people lack common sense and need to be placed on a leash because in many cases they are dangerous!

Those who deceive themselves into believing that they are intelligent, are generally what I term as 'plodders', who managed to get a Uni degree. Simply thru persistence, time and effort and generally viewed by many in the workforce as nothing exceptional!

I see these classic examples or similarities in my two Uni educated kids!
One is what I would classify as tunnel vision intelligence, extremely bright, but limited common sense.

The other was simply a lazy Uni student and definitely not a plodder at Uni, who currently manages other plodders to extract their best knowledge for the employers aims.

Cheers, have a nice evening!
Chuck
mountain lion

Postby Dax » 03 Feb 2020, 04:37

Read your post, hypocrisy seems your main ability. I see intelligence as the ability to discern and work with the reality you face and has nothing to so with education, which is mainly ideological programming into dumb stupidity.
Dax
Jaguar

Postby Chuck » 03 Feb 2020, 08:32

Dax wrote:Read your post, hypocrisy seems your main ability. I see intelligence as the ability to discern and work with the reality you face and has nothing to so with education, which is mainly ideological programming into dumb stupidity.
So did I have these qualities when I was youngster at an age of about ten, that may have been drastically modified by alcoholism by now?

My mate and I were pinned by the creek's current against a concrete dam wall. We couldn’t call out for help, because we weren’t supposed to be on his farm. Our fear of getting a beating, is what kept us trying to drag ourself along the dam wall without making hardly any progress.

For some unknown reason, I told my mate to move our bodies 90 degrees to the dam wall and we managed to drag ourselves out off this sticky situation. At that age, I had no knowledge of pressures against surface area and that type of crap.

U most probably would call it 'pure luck', but other's mentioned that I must’ve been a smart cookie after retelling this story in my latter years

I’m sure u will get entertainment value with me using the word 'Cookie'!

Ridiculing people is ur forte!
Chuck
mountain lion

Postby Bongalong » 03 Feb 2020, 12:54

Chuck wrote:
Dax wrote:

But I have proven skills in utilising intelligent people to achieve my desired outcomes. U might be intelligent but I’m educated, learn ur Latin roots as a hint!

The truely intelligent people lack common sense and need to be placed on a leash because in many cases they are dangerous!

Those who deceive themselves into believing that they are intelligent, are generally what I term as 'plodders', who managed to get a Uni degree. Simply thru persistence, time and effort and generally viewed by many in the workforce as nothing exceptional!

One is what I would classify as tunnel vision intelligence, extremely bright, but limited common sense.

The other was simply a lazy Uni student and definitely not a plodder at Uni, who currently manages other plodders to extract their best knowledge for the employers aims.

How have you proven to have used intelligent people to achieve your desired outcomes?

You see chucky: I think you're getting used buddy :bike :bike

Have a nice life :gsp
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Chuck » 03 Feb 2020, 18:32

Bongalong wrote:
Chuck wrote:
Dax wrote:

How have you proven to have used intelligent people to achieve your desired outcomes?

You see chucky: I think you're getting used buddy :bike :bike

Have a nice life :gsp
So u believe, that the CEO's of Apple, Intel or Microsoft, design the software or hardware and the rest are simply underlings in a production line, packaging the products?

Cheers,
Chuck
mountain lion

Postby Dax » 04 Feb 2020, 04:45

Chuck wrote:
Dax wrote:Read your post, hypocrisy seems your main ability. I see intelligence as the ability to discern and work with the reality you face and has nothing to so with education, which is mainly ideological programming into dumb stupidity.
So did I have these qualities when I was youngster at an age of about ten, that may have been drastically modified by alcoholism by now?

My mate and I were pinned by the creek's current against a concrete dam wall. We couldn’t call out for help, because we weren’t supposed to be on his farm. Our fear of getting a beating, is what kept us trying to drag ourself along the dam wall without making hardly any progress.

For some unknown reason, I told my mate to move our bodies 90 degrees to the dam wall and we managed to drag ourselves out off this sticky situation. At that age, I had no knowledge of pressures against surface area and that type of crap.

U most probably would call it 'pure luck', but other's mentioned that I must’ve been a smart cookie after retelling this story in my latter years

People ridicule themselves by what they say and their life approach, you're proof of that reality. Alcoholics are just piss weak morons, no different to junkies and smokers, all pathetic gutless drop kicks. Have no time for any of them, they are wastes of space and do so much collateral damage to those around them, they are a burden on society and should be removed away for society until they get their act together.
Dax
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 04 Feb 2020, 10:54

Guess we can’t all be perfect unlike you, eh? :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Chuck » 04 Feb 2020, 12:31

Dax wrote:

People ridicule themselves by what they say and their life approach, you're proof of that reality. Alcoholics are just piss weak morons, no different to junkies and smokers, all pathetic gutless drop kicks. Have no time for any of them, they are wastes of space and do so much collateral damage to those around them, they are a burden on society and should be removed away for society until they get their act together.
Couldn't u have made ur retort - lack wittiness - be more comical? I even steered u sublimely to have bit of fun at my expense.

Aren’t u the delusional one, that has a problem with being ganged up on?

For your info, I can have hallucination from alcohol without ever having the need to consume even crap like weed etc.

My over consumption of alcohol is restricted to my home or, on extremely rare occasions when their is an alternative driver to dispose off me at my place of residence.

Cheers! It’s to early to hit the piss because of ur hurtful comments. :rofl :sad :rofl :sad :rofl :rofl :rofl
Chuck
mountain lion

Postby Dax » 04 Feb 2020, 14:41

HBS Guy wrote:Guess we can’t all be perfect unlike you, eh? :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll

Perfection is the art of change, you should try it some time, if capable, which is very doubtful. The universe is in a constant state of change, so it must be perfect and unlike humans who cling to nothingness and claim perfection is getting things exactly right, which is impossible.
Dax
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 04 Feb 2020, 17:27

I think you need to apologise for that slur!

You have shown you never think, just rehash your set of words.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Previous

Return to Politics