Dishonest HACK Richard Di Natale LIES about climate change!

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: Dishonest HACK Richard Di Natale LIES about climate chan

Postby chris155au » 24 Jan 2020, 09:10

johnsmith wrote:
chris155au wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote: but I've seen nothing to convince me outright that the current warming is caused entirely by humans.

I don't believe anyone credible has ever said otherwise.

Oh, so you disagree with the IPCC then, which said in its 2014 Fifth Assessment Report that, "it is extremely LIKELY that human influence has been the dominant cause of the observed warming since the mid-20th century." Now, do you somehow interpret that as, it is 100% CERTAIN that human influence has been the ONLY cause of the observed warming since the mid-20th century?

let me know when you learn the difference between 'likely that human influence has been the dominant' and 'caused entirely by humans'.

WTF? If I didn't know what the difference between them was, then why the hell would I have contrasted them?
chris155au
Cheetah

spamone: Animal

Postby johnsmith » 24 Jan 2020, 16:32

chris155au wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
chris155au wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote: but I've seen nothing to convince me outright that the current warming is caused entirely by humans.

I don't believe anyone credible has ever said otherwise.

Oh, so you disagree with the IPCC then, which said in its 2014 Fifth Assessment Report that, "it is extremely LIKELY that human influence has been the dominant cause of the observed warming since the mid-20th century." Now, do you somehow interpret that as, it is 100% CERTAIN that human influence has been the ONLY cause of the observed warming since the mid-20th century?

let me know when you learn the difference between 'likely that human influence has been the dominant' and 'caused entirely by humans'.

WTF? If I didn't know what the difference between them was, then why the hell would I have contrasted them?

no one who understands the meanings of those statements would ever claim they say the same thing. :grn
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby HBS Guy » 24 Jan 2020, 17:20

A scientist never says: this causes that.

Especially in a field involving weather which is an incredibly noisy record, so probability and statistics are used. To show something is very likely caused by some variable we use a confidence test, testing to 10%, 5%, 1% etc.

Another way of looking at it is how many standard deviations a result is from the sampling mean. A standard designation is sigma. Five sigma is 99.5% sure to be correct. (Suggest you read up about the Standard Distribution and Standard Deviation.)

However, politicians are just lawyers sick of hustling for money and they wouldn’t understand, so the language is couched in terms a lawyer, with coaching from his staff, can understand.

Because two natural and one anthropogenic factor are cooling the earth which is nevertheless still warming AGW is 5sigma likely to cause over 100% of warming, again something a lawyer can’t understand. Poor things actually argue by analogy, tut tut.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Chuck » 24 Jan 2020, 19:56

HBS Guy wrote:A scientist never says: this causes that.

Especially in a field involving weather which is an incredibly noisy record, so probability and statistics are used. To show something is very likely caused by some variable we use a confidence test, testing to 10%, 5%, 1% etc.

Another way of looking at it is how many standard deviations a result is from the sampling mean. A standard designation is sigma. Five sigma is 99.5% sure to be correct. (Suggest you read up about the Standard Distribution and Standard Deviation.)

However, politicians are just lawyers sick of hustling for money and they wouldn’t understand, so the language is couched in terms a lawyer, with coaching from his staff, can understand.

Because two natural and one anthropogenic factor are cooling the earth which is nevertheless still warming AGW is 5sigma likely to cause over 100% of warming, again something a lawyer can’t understand. Poor things actually argue by analogy, tut tut.
In Australia the results are considered invalid unless the equipment used has NATA accreditation
Chuck
mountain lion

Postby chris155au » 25 Jan 2020, 21:08

johnsmith wrote:no one who understands the meanings of those statements would ever claim they say the same thing. :grn

WTF? When did I "claim they say the same thing?"
Last edited by chris155au on 25 Jan 2020, 21:20, edited 1 time in total.
chris155au
Cheetah

Postby chris155au » 25 Jan 2020, 21:20

Oh really? So a scientist wouldn't say that gravity causes objects to pull to the ground?

Then why doesn't the IPCC say that AGW is "likely to cause over 100% of warming?"
chris155au
Cheetah

Postby HBS Guy » 25 Jan 2020, 22:15

That is not what a scientists would say, nope.

IPCC is talking to POLITICIANS most of whom used to be LAWYERS!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby chris155au » 04 Feb 2020, 18:32

chris155au wrote:Oh really? So a scientist wouldn't say that gravity causes objects to pull to the ground

HBS Guy wrote:That is not what a scientists would say, nope.

Except that gravity causes objects to fall to the ground! :rofl

HBS Guy wrote:IPCC is talking to POLITICIANS most of whom used to be LAWYERS!

And why the hell does that mean that the IPCC cannot say that AGW is "likely to cause over 100% of warming?"
chris155au
Cheetah

Postby Bongalong » 04 Feb 2020, 18:46

Chris sends minions to war.... but not the majority :bgrin
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby chris155au » 07 Feb 2020, 14:20

Bongalong wrote:Chris sends minions to war.... but not the majority :bgrin

What the hell are you talking about?
chris155au
Cheetah

Postby karlrand » 07 Feb 2020, 14:24

Some time ago I realised there’s simply no point in arguing with those irrational enough to deny climate change.
However, at times I fantasise about sticking their heads in an oven for a day or two.
They won’t see reason until and unless they’re cooked alive.
The dangerous irony of all this is their political pull will put off actions needed to survive as a species thus
proving them wrong. Too late though.
Not even new age mystical crystal gazing wankers are as anti-science.
The irony here is I suspect deniers are fighting a delayed reaction against the whole new age hippie movement.
Then there’s mindless tribalism/nationalism/militarism/ideology to consider. Any and all of these have the power to kill us all.
If it wasn’t for the wonder of that arts, architecture, literateventually get to spew out into other galaxies to impose our
mindless priorities as intergalactic colonisers.
Last edited by karlrand on 07 Feb 2020, 15:06, edited 1 time in total.
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby chris155au » 07 Feb 2020, 14:39

karlrand wrote:Some time ago I realised there’s simply no point in arguing with those irrational enough to deny climate change.

Except that literally nobody denies climate change.
chris155au
Cheetah

Postby Chuck » 07 Feb 2020, 17:24

chris155au wrote:
karlrand wrote:Some time ago I realised there’s simply no point in arguing with those irrational enough to deny climate change.

Some people seem to call anyone as Climate Change deniers, even if these people believe that climate changes is a natural cycle.

When I asked for the reasons for the Sahara turning into a desert or the 50 year drought for Mayan's, no explanation was forthcoming.

Throw in the legend within many civilisation about the great flood in their folklore. Were they guilty of melting the poles?

Many people question the science, in case it turns out like the Y2K fiasco, an expensive joke!

Instead of badgering the people into submission they need to change their tack by ensuring the transition to renewables doesn’t harm us economically.

If these people were serious they would be protesting at the embassies or Consulates mentioned in my previous posts.

I belong to a camp that believes in "Prudence’s Avoidance" - another Chuckie's mantra - if any of the evidences is questionable. Simply assume that it is possibly correct and take precautions not to put yourself into harms way.

As an example, if u believe that electromagnetism can possibly effect cells, don’t put your child’s cot next to the switch board etc
Chuck
mountain lion

Postby karlrand » 07 Feb 2020, 19:14

chris155au wrote:

Some day you must tell us which planet you live on. It’s not this one.
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 07 Feb 2020, 19:20

I deal with deniers everyday on Twitter.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 07 Feb 2020, 22:05

Isn't there a song//// Waste of Space.....

if there isn't there should be

this topic is dead HBS GUY... unless you like arguing about nothing for fun..!! :roll
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby karlrand » 08 Feb 2020, 06:16

HBS Guy wrote:I deal with deniers everyday on Twitter.

I’m half way through this tome whose subject is the industry that’s sprung up around a number of denials.
We can legitimately call it ’The Denial Industry’. It started with tobacco decades ago and continues it’s evil work.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586- ... 5-44700717
karlrand
Pitbull terrier

Postby chris155au » 11 Feb 2020, 17:02

Well you certainly haven't been capable of dealing with the question of why the IPCC doesn't say that AGW is "likely to cause over 100% of warming." You dodged it like you do with most other challenges which come your way from me!
chris155au
Cheetah

Postby johnsmith » 11 Feb 2020, 18:58

chris155au wrote:

Well you certainly haven't been capable of dealing with the question of why the IPCC doesn't say that AGW is "likely to cause over 100% of warming." You dodged it like you do with most other challenges which come your way from me!

why would they say that? :grn :grn
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby chris155au » 11 Feb 2020, 19:17

johnsmith wrote:
chris155au wrote:

Well according to HBS Guy, it's true. He said, "because two natural and one anthropogenic factor are cooling the earth which is nevertheless still warming AGW is 5sigma likely to cause over 100% of warming."
chris155au
Cheetah

Postby johnsmith » 11 Feb 2020, 19:28

chris155au wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
chris155au wrote:

Well according to HBS Guy, it's true. He said, "because two natural and one anthropogenic factor are cooling the earth which is nevertheless still warming AGW is 5sigma likely to cause over 100% of warming."

so your arguing that something, be it natural or anthropogenic, other than warming is causing warming.
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby HBS Guy » 11 Feb 2020, 19:44

I explained the part of the IPCC reports that are read is the Advice to Policy Makers—politicians meaning lawyers meaning the numerically challenged.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby chris155au » 11 Feb 2020, 21:21

HBS Guy wrote:I explained the part of the IPCC reports that are read is the Advice to Policy Makers—politicians meaning lawyers meaning the numerically challenged.

Sorry, all politicians are lawyers? What the fuck are you even talking about?
chris155au
Cheetah

Postby HBS Guy » 12 Feb 2020, 01:18

Only AGW matters.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby chris155au » 12 Feb 2020, 10:55

HBS Guy wrote:Only AGW matters.

What is this in response to?