Dishonest HACK Richard Di Natale LIES about climate change!

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: Dishonest HACK Richard Di Natale LIES about climate chan

Postby HBS Guy » 23 Jan 2020, 10:44

There are two drivers of cooling: the quiet sun and the declining Milankovitch cycle. We also emit some aerosols (sulphites) that also cool. Despite this the globe is warming. It is warming for the usual reason: CO2. The CO2 comes from us burning fossil fuels.

There is no real doubt about any of this.

We can install solar panels, windmills and drive EVs. On a large enough scale that will help. We still have the majority of the planets population living in poverty and misery—we need to move them to first world levels and do so with clean energy: that is the challenge before us.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby DonDeeHippy » 23 Jan 2020, 12:44

chris died in the ass very quickly didn't he, at least chuck will keep sending new stuff to cover himself.... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

spamone: Animal

Postby Bongalong » 23 Jan 2020, 14:12

greggerypeccary wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:
chris155au wrote:Dishonest HACK Richard Di Natale says that COAL is the "single biggest cause of climate change!" :rofl
At the 1:22 minute mark in this video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dDzOhlyK2TA
How does this utter FRAUD think that he can get away with saying such blatant untruths?

Ahh so what is the biggest cause of climate change ? :purple

Animal gas.

Is it?
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 23 Jan 2020, 14:13

DonDeeHippy wrote:He should HAVE said burning and extraction of coal is responsible for destroying our land and destroying lives and general wellbeing of all living things... :purple
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 23 Jan 2020, 14:13

Bongalong wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:He should HAVE said burning and extraction of coal is responsible for destroying our land and destroying lives and general wellbeing of all living things... :purple

:stop :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :yahoo
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby greggerypeccary » 23 Jan 2020, 14:16

Bongalong wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:
chris155au wrote:Dishonest HACK Richard Di Natale says that COAL is the "single biggest cause of climate change!" :rofl
At the 1:22 minute mark in this video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dDzOhlyK2TA
How does this utter FRAUD think that he can get away with saying such blatant untruths?

Animal gas.

Is it?

It's a very popular theory, yes.

"Adelaide University's Professor of Climate Change, Barry Brook, estimates that raising animals for human consumption is responsible for half of Australia's short-term global warming gases — that's more than the coal industry."

The biggest cause of global warming that scientists need you to know about: https://www.animalsaustralia.org/features/lets-talk-about-climate-change.php
Last edited by greggerypeccary on 23 Jan 2020, 14:19, edited 1 time in total.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 23 Jan 2020, 14:18

greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:

Animal gas.

Is it?

What do you think of the theory?
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby greggerypeccary » 23 Jan 2020, 14:21

Bongalong wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:

Animal gas.

Is it?

What do you think of the theory?

Plausible. I'm skeptical though, just as I am with AGW.

"That doesn't even begin to address the damaging greenhouse gas emissions released from the millions upon millions of 'food' animals belching and farting all day long.

"It might sound comical, but these emissions account for one of Australia's leading contributors to climate change — which ironically will likely impact farmers earliest and hardest of all, particularly through the devastating impact of more frequent, longer and severe droughts."

https://www.animalsaustralia.org/features/lets-talk-about-climate-change.php
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 23 Jan 2020, 14:32

greggerypeccary wrote:
Plausible. I'm skeptical though, just as I am with AGW.

"That doesn't even begin to address the damaging greenhouse gas emissions released from the millions upon millions of 'food' animals belching and farting all day long.

"It might sound comical, but these emissions account for one of Australia's leading contributors to climate change — which ironically will likely impact farmers earliest and hardest of all, particularly through the devastating impact of more frequent, longer and severe droughts."

https://www.animalsaustralia.org/features/lets-talk-about-climate-change.php

You're skeptical on the whole AGW thing? :b
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby chris155au » 23 Jan 2020, 14:38

Dax wrote:
There is no difference between global warming and climate change, they complement and drive each other.

By saying that they "complement and drive each other", aren't you acknowledging that they are in fact different? Perhaps you mean that there is no MAJOR difference between them, but you'd be wrong there too. Global warming is certainly a MAJOR aspect of climate change, but the two terms are not the same. You appear to be confused.

The greens are just as corrupt, deranged and useless, they have nothing to add to the future of any worth. Being all urbanites, is enough evidence to show they are part of the problem and can never be the cure in any way.

So what party DOES have something to add to the "future of any worth?" What party CAN be part of the the "cure?"
chris155au
Cheetah

Postby chris155au » 23 Jan 2020, 14:40

HBS Guy wrote:There are two drivers of cooling: the quiet sun and the declining Milankovitch cycle. We also emit some aerosols (sulphites) that also cool. Despite this the globe is warming. It is warming for the usual reason: CO2. The CO2 comes from uougs burning fossil fuels.

Oh, so CO2 is never naturally occurring?
Last edited by chris155au on 23 Jan 2020, 14:41, edited 1 time in total.
chris155au
Cheetah

Postby chris155au » 23 Jan 2020, 14:41

DonDeeHippy wrote:chris died in the ass very quickly didn't he, at least chuck will keep sending new stuff to cover himself.... :purple

What the hell are you talking about? How did I "die in the ass?" What does it even mean?
chris155au
Cheetah

Postby greggerypeccary » 23 Jan 2020, 14:43

Bongalong wrote:You're skeptical on the whole AGW thing?

AGW, yes.

Not climate change - the climate changes, I know that.

I'm skeptical about how much humans play a part in it though.

Still open minded on it, but I've seen nothing to convince me outright that the current warming is caused entirely by humans.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 23 Jan 2020, 14:53

greggerypeccary wrote:

AGW, yes.

Still open minded on it, but I've seen nothing to convince me outright that the current warming is caused entirely by humans.

Fair enough.. :tweed
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Dax » 23 Jan 2020, 15:01

greggerypeccary wrote:
Dax wrote: There is no difference between global warming and climate change...

There's a huge difference.

Climate change can mean warming OR cooling.

Moreover, there's natural warming and warming caused by human activity (AGW).

Climate change, global warming, global cooling, and AGW are not interchangeable terms.

Read my post, it referred to the current climate change, not the past or future. Currently global warming drives climate change and climate change is driving global warming. In this situation, they are one and the same as they both have the same outcomes.

You can be a semantic and picky as you want in definitions, but now they both have the same outcomes and are unison, so they are the same.

According to the science, this year will determine whether the planet is in a cooling pattern, or not. If we have entered a cooling pattern and solar activity is slowing down, it will make little difference because of man made warming. So the climate will continue to warm, if we are in a cooling, then when that period is over, at the current rate, the planet will heat up extremely fast. So it's a lose lose situation for humanity.
Dax
Jaguar

Postby greggerypeccary » 23 Jan 2020, 15:05

Bongalong wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

AGW, yes.

Fair enough.. :tweed

And let me add, I have no problem whatsoever in erring on the side of caution.

I'm all for alternative energy sources.

I don't take a lump of coal to bed with me, like that happy-clapping maniac in The Lodge.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby johnsmith » 23 Jan 2020, 17:30

greggerypeccary wrote: but I've seen nothing to convince me outright that the current warming is caused entirely by humans.

I don't believe anyone credible has ever said otherwise.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby HBS Guy » 23 Jan 2020, 17:58

chris155au wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:There are two drivers of cooling: the quiet sun and the declining Milankovitch cycle. We also emit some aerosols (sulphites) that also cool. Despite this the globe is warming. It is warming for the usual reason: CO2. The CO2 comes from uougs burning fossil fuels.

30% of the CO2 in the atmosphere now is anthropogenic.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby chris155au » 23 Jan 2020, 17:59

johnsmith wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote: but I've seen nothing to convince me outright that the current warming is caused entirely by humans.

Oh, so you disagree with the IPCC then, which said in its 2014 Fifth Assessment Report that, "it is extremely LIKELY that human influence has been the dominant cause of the observed warming since the mid-20th century." Now, do you somehow interpret that as, it is 100% CERTAIN that human influence has been the ONLY cause of the observed warming since the mid-20th century?
chris155au
Cheetah

Postby chris155au » 23 Jan 2020, 18:02

HBS Guy wrote:
chris155au wrote:

30% of the CO2 in the atmosphere now is anthropogenic.

Well alright, but you said, "the CO2 comes from burning fossil fuels." Did you not actually mean that?
chris155au
Cheetah

Postby HBS Guy » 23 Jan 2020, 18:13

Who burns the bloody coal? Man so anthropogenic.

The two natural forcings for cooling—quiet sun and declining Milankovitch cycle—have not been able to cool the globe, it is warming. Global Warming is anthropogenic.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby chris155au » 23 Jan 2020, 18:33

HBS Guy wrote:Who burns the bloody coal? Man so anthropogenic.

So burning coal is the only way that CO2 is produced?

Global Warming is anthropogenic.

100% of it?
chris155au
Cheetah

Postby Chuck » 23 Jan 2020, 18:53

Dax wrote:....or oil doesn't just pop out of the ground

U better watch the start of the Hillbillies TV program? :rofl :rofl :rofl
Chuck
mountain lion

Postby johnsmith » 23 Jan 2020, 19:25

chris155au wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

Oh, so you disagree with the IPCC then, which said in its 2014 Fifth Assessment Report that, "it is extremely LIKELY that human influence has been the dominant cause of the observed warming since the mid-20th century." Now, do you somehow interpret that as, it is 100% CERTAIN that human influence has been the ONLY cause of the observed warming since the mid-20th century?

let me know when you learn the difference between 'likely that human influence has been the dominant' and 'caused entirely by humans'.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby HBS Guy » 23 Jan 2020, 19:51

chris155au wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:Who burns the bloody coal? Man so anthropogenic.

So burning coal is the only way that CO2 is produced?

Global Warming is anthropogenic.

100% of it?

Since 2 natural forcings and one anthropogenic forcing are cooling yet we warm the increased CO2 and other GHGs in the atmosphere is doing over 100% of the observed warming.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

PreviousNext

Return to Politics