Asylum seekers

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: Asylum seekers

Postby HBS Guy » 18 Jan 2020, 12:57

And more than likely the grammar is still woeful!


Don’t start a sentence with a conjunction like “And” or “But.” :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 55075
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: Asylum seekers

Postby Chuck » 18 Jan 2020, 16:12

HBS Guy wrote:
And more than likely the grammar is still woeful!


Don’t start a sentence with a conjunction like “And” or “But.” :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Thanx!
U spoilt the re-education with the emoji.

Simply, shows how childish ur!
Chuck
mountain lion
 
Posts: 762
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Asylum seekers

Postby Bongalong » 18 Jan 2020, 16:20

Chuck still thinks the drugs that take away your sense of humour are the good drugs :bgrin :bike :bike :bike :bike :bike
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3471
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Asylum seekers

Postby Chuck » 18 Jan 2020, 20:48

Bongalong wrote:Chuck still thinks the drugs that take away your sense of humour are the good drugs :bgrin :bike :bike :bike :bike :bike
U have compassion for Pinky and her depression but lack empathy for people that basically have contrary views to most of the mob on this website.

So a person with an opposition views and a disability is a justified target for ridicule!
Chuck
mountain lion
 
Posts: 762
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Asylum seekers

Postby Bongalong » 18 Jan 2020, 20:50

Chuck wrote:
Bongalong wrote:Chuck still thinks the drugs that take away your sense of humour are the good drugs :bgrin :bike :bike :bike :bike :bike
U have compassion for Pinky and her depression but lack empathy for people that basically have contrary views to most of the mob on this website.

So a person with an opposition views and a disability is a justified target for ridicule!

You'll never get me mate: :beer
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3471
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Asylum seekers

Postby Chuck » 18 Jan 2020, 21:43

Bongalong wrote:
Chuck wrote:
Bongalong wrote:Chuck still thinks the drugs that take away your sense of humour are the good drugs :bgrin :bike :bike :bike :bike :bike
U have compassion for Pinky and her depression but lack empathy for people that basically have contrary views to most of the mob on this website.

So a person with an opposition views and a disability is a justified target for ridicule!

You'll never get me mate: :beer
Chuck
mountain lion
 
Posts: 762
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Asylum seekers

Postby Chuck » 18 Jan 2020, 21:48

HBS Guy wrote:
And more than likely the grammar is still woeful!


Don’t start a sentence with a conjunction like “And” or “But.” :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Using conjunctions to start a sentence has been around in English for over a thousand years. Well, maybe less, maybe more.

But you only have to read the Bible to know that it is not a new fashion in writing.

In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth.
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness [was] upon the face of the deep.
And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.


So, starting a sentence with a conjunction is not wrong. Nor is it a new writing form. It is as old as the hills.
Chuck
mountain lion
 
Posts: 762
Joined: 11 May 2019, 18:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Asylum seekers

Postby Bongalong » 19 Jan 2020, 14:51

Chuck wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
Chuck wrote:
Bongalong wrote:Chuck still thinks the drugs that take away your sense of humour are the good drugs :bgrin :bike :bike :bike :bike :bike
U have compassion for Pinky and her depression but lack empathy for people that basically have contrary views to most of the mob on this website.

So a person with an opposition views and a disability is a justified target for ridicule!

You'll never get me mate: :beer

..has the cat got your tongue? :rofl
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3471
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Asylum seekers

Postby pinkeye » 19 Jan 2020, 23:10

Dax wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:why is your ideology not destructive, abusive or wasteful ?
Will you be happy to cull your family and friends Dax ?


Don't have an ideology, which you probably can't understand. I'm a realist and live my life with care for nature as best I can. What happens to family and friends, including myself matters not, it's the future of all life on the planet that counts. As it is the approach of ideologues has destroyed billions of animals in these fires and they have not finished yet, the extinction rate o the planet is out of control and without essential life like insects and other animals, humans can't exist as the ecology will collapse. The next fire season may well be unlivable, when you consider the unfolding facts.


I agree Dax. IF we get another season like this fire-season in the next year or two, Australia will become largely uninhabitable.
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Warthog
 
Posts: 4631
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Asylum seekers

Postby pinkeye » 19 Jan 2020, 23:21

Chuck wrote:
pinkeye wrote:Hey .. fellas... go back and learn just a little extra english //+
///// like their, there, to, too..
if you really are interested in communicating.

.. I guess I'm like a French person in France, who looks with disdain on those who show their basic ignorance of language by a half-arsed attempt at communication.

Sacre Bleu :roll
You're welcome to pick on me when it comes to grammar!

This is one reason why I started participating on forum discussions, to overcome my fear of writing a sentence.

Even now, I reread my posts about half dozen times, making amendments, to ensure that I haven’t missed a 'to, in' and so on, before posting it. And more than likely the grammar is still woeful!

It was a phobia that I never could overcome, I would rather pay someone to write on my behalf then make an effort.
It was the reason why I wouldn’t apply for advancement in my various employment life.

Now since retirement, I have become indifferent to people’s opinions and simply treat it as my re-education program, hoping overcoming my fear.



Well yeah, I get a bit picky. If you don't mind it. If you treat as a way of achieving better written communication, good for you. :thumb
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Warthog
 
Posts: 4631
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Asylum seekers

Postby pinkeye » 19 Jan 2020, 23:25

Bongalong wrote:
Chuck wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
Chuck wrote:
Bongalong wrote:Chuck still thinks the drugs that take away your sense of humour are the good drugs :bgrin :bike :bike :bike :bike :bike
U have compassion for Pinky and her depression but lack empathy for people that basically have contrary views to most of the mob on this website.

So a person with an opposition views and a disability is a justified target for ridicule!

You'll never get me mate: :beer

..has the cat got your tongue? :rofl


I think he is agreeing with you. :bgrin
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Warthog
 
Posts: 4631
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Asylum seekers

Postby chris155au » 17 Feb 2020, 22:58

DonDeeHippy wrote:On the topic of Asylum seekers
You'd turn them back. ... You cannot have anything that is orderly if you allow people who do not have a lawful visa in this country to roam free. That's why you need a detention system. I know that's politically contentious, but one follows from the other. Deterrence is effective through the detention system but also your preparedness to take appropriate action as the vessels approach Australian waters on the high seas.



I cant decide if I Like this statement or not...…. :purple

So you're not even sure if the above is your opinion?
chris155au
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1021
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 20:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Asylum seekers

Postby Dax » 18 Feb 2020, 15:36

chris155au wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:On the topic of Asylum seekers
You'd turn them back. ... You cannot have anything that is orderly if you allow people who do not have a lawful visa in this country to roam free. That's why you need a detention system. I know that's politically contentious, but one follows from the other. Deterrence is effective through the detention system but also your preparedness to take appropriate action as the vessels approach Australian waters on the high seas.



I cant decide if I Like this statement or not...…. :purple

So you're not even sure if the above is your opinion?


That's the problem, people have been so heavily programmed into PC insanity, they are confused. Because the reality is not what the PC indoctrination claims, in fact it's the complete opposite and that goes for all PC introduced idiocy. The results they claimed would be had from introducing their idiocy, would benefit society.

The country is heavily overcrowded with humans, yet the fools continue to want to bring more and more ideological destructive morons here. Our country is drying out fast, burning then heavily flooding, washing away all the top solid, nutriments and plants. Yet fools keep demanding we allow more and more ideological imbeciles to come here under the guise of humanitarianism and wreck the country more.

Yet not a murmur for all the wildlife wiped out because of degenerate human activity. No mention or thought for the collapsing environment and growing ecological disasters, just moan and groan then continue down the ideological track of never ending do nothing, but more of the same attitude. They all say in their minds, leave it to someone else to do first. then if I'm forced to give away my destructive lifestyle, I may.

You all forget, this country is overpopulated with humans by more than 25 million and you want more, as our country dies. Ridiculous idiots :WTF :grn
User avatar
Dax
Jaguar
 
Posts: 1546
Joined: 12 Apr 2017, 11:15
spamone: Animal

Re: Asylum seekers

Postby pinkeye » 19 Feb 2020, 01:32

yes
it is surreal and dark.

Humans obviously have no idea.
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Warthog
 
Posts: 4631
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Asylum seekers

Postby DonDeeHippy » 19 Feb 2020, 06:36

chris155au wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:On the topic of Asylum seekers
You'd turn them back. ... You cannot have anything that is orderly if you allow people who do not have a lawful visa in this country to roam free. That's why you need a detention system. I know that's politically contentious, but one follows from the other. Deterrence is effective through the detention system but also your preparedness to take appropriate action as the vessels approach Australian waters on the high seas.



I cant decide if I Like this statement or not...…. :purple

So you're not even sure if the above is your opinion?

It's not mine it one of our politicians ;)
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2255
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Asylum seekers

Postby chris155au » 19 Feb 2020, 16:34

DonDeeHippy wrote:It's not mine it one of our politicians ;)


Who?
chris155au
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1021
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 20:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Asylum seekers

Postby DonDeeHippy » 19 Feb 2020, 17:06

chris155au wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:It's not mine it one of our politicians ;)


Who?

Does it matter , what do you think of the quote ?
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2255
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Previous

Return to Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests

cron