Asylum seekers

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Asylum seekers

Postby DonDeeHippy » 16 Jan 2020, 13:45

On the topic of Asylum seekers
You'd turn them back. ... You cannot have anything that is orderly if you allow people who do not have a lawful visa in this country to roam free. That's why you need a detention system. I know that's politically contentious, but one follows from the other. Deterrence is effective through the detention system but also your preparedness to take appropriate action as the vessels approach Australian waters on the high seas.

I cant decide if I Like this statement or not...…. :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

spamone: Animal

Re: Asylum seekers

Postby greggerypeccary » 16 Jan 2020, 13:47

In most cases, it's almost impossible for an asylum seeker to obtain a visa.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby greggerypeccary » 16 Jan 2020, 13:53

DonDeeHippy wrote: Deterrence is effective through the detention system but also your preparedness to take appropriate action as the vessels approach Australian waters on the high seas.

Why would you want to deter an asylum seeker from seeking protection?
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby DonDeeHippy » 16 Jan 2020, 14:02

greggerypeccary wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote: Deterrence is effective through the detention system but also your preparedness to take appropriate action as the vessels approach Australian waters on the high seas.

Indeed that is the question
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby Dax » 16 Jan 2020, 14:09

greggerypeccary wrote:

Three reasons, to many people in the country already and we need to lose over 10 million as it is to survive the next 10 years, they add nothing to the economy other than profit growth for the multinationals, they create more crime and disrupt the social fabric of the country.

All this airy fairy bullish of humanitarian ism is just a load of ideological insanity. Because this country is so over populated with destructive, abusive and wasteful human ideologues, more people will just hasten the collapse of the environment and life.
Dax
Jaguar

Postby greggerypeccary » 16 Jan 2020, 14:12

Dax wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

Three reasons, to many people in the country already and we need to lose over 10 million as it is to survive the next 10 years, they add nothing to the economy other than profit growth for the multinationals, they create more crime and disrupt the social fabric of the country.

All this airy fairy bullish of humanitarian ism is just a load of ideological insanity. Because this country is so over populated with destructive, abusive and wasteful human ideologues, more people will just hasten the collapse of the environment and life.

So you're happy to watch people in trouble die?

Innocent children - you'd not offer them any help?
Last edited by greggerypeccary on 16 Jan 2020, 14:28, edited 1 time in total.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby DonDeeHippy » 16 Jan 2020, 14:15

Dax wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

why is your ideology not destructive, abusive or wasteful ?
Will you be happy to cull your family and friends Dax ?
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby Dax » 16 Jan 2020, 15:23

DonDeeHippy wrote:why is your ideology not destructive, abusive or wasteful ?

Don't have an ideology, which you probably can't understand. I'm a realist and live my life with care for nature as best I can. What happens to family and friends, including myself matters not, it's the future of all life on the planet that counts. As it is the approach of ideologues has destroyed billions of animals in these fires and they have not finished yet, the extinction rate o the planet is out of control and without essential life like insects and other animals, humans can't exist as the ecology will collapse. The next fire season may well be unlivable, when you consider the unfolding facts.
Dax
Jaguar

Postby DonDeeHippy » 16 Jan 2020, 15:32

Dax wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:why is your ideology not destructive, abusive or wasteful ?

Don't have an ideology, which you probably can't understand. I'm a realist and live my life with care for nature as best I can. What happens to family and friends, including myself matters not, it's the future of all life on the planet that counts. As it is the approach of ideologues has destroyed billions of animals in these fires and they have not finished yet, the extinction rate o the planet is out of control and without essential life like insects and other animals, humans can't exist as the ecology will collapse. The next fire season may well be unlivable, when you consider the unfolding facts.

as your speaking English,
Ideology -- a system of ideas and ideals
So your Ideology is "I'm a realist and live my life with care for nature as best I can" and it's a Nobel one..

Your misplaced idea's that you are the only person with those beliefs though are sadly wrong... You don't know what we do or think and to think yourself above anyone is just Hurtful Pride on how wonderful you are.

I do appreciate though you want the world to be a better place though and attempting to have a small foot print...

Maybe you should look at what Pink writes because she is on the money about the hypocrisy of people that say they want to look after nature and travel overseas burning up so much energy doing so, doing it in a private plane even more so.... She is very wise :) :purple
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby Dax » 16 Jan 2020, 15:59

"noun, plural i·de·ol·o·gies.
the body of doctrine, myth, belief, etc., that guides an individual, social movement, institution, class, or large group.
such a body of doctrine, myth, etc., with reference to some political and social plan, as that of fascism, along with the devices for putting it into operation."

"An ideology is a set of normative beliefs and values that a person or other entity has for non-epistemic reasons.[1] These rely on basic assumptions about reality that may or may not have any factual basis. The term is especially used to describe systems of ideas and ideals which form the basis of economic or political theories and resultant policies. In these there are tenuous causal links between policies and outcomes owing to the large numbers of variables available, so that many key assumptions have to be made.[2] In political science the term is used in a descriptive sense to refer to political belief systems.[3]"

Don't know where you got your definition, most certainly not the same as in every dictionary and Wikipedia. Then again ideologues just love to change the facts to suit themselves. These are just the first two samples of the definition of ideology, the real definition backed by reality, not empty hope.

My trip to Europe, was by ship and would have returned by ship, the plane ride was going to happen anyway and coming across someone who is determined to get an electric plane and drives EVs, to me was an advancement understanding. I don't use airlines, do have a pilots single engine instrument licence and will be sitting my twin engine instrument jet licence in the next few weeks now I have the hours. This is to take advantage of the electric planes coming onto the market, in the next couple of years.

We are all hypocrites, can't be avoided. But we have to live in this world and I do all in my power to be as responsible for my foot print on the planet as I can. Success in that reality, can't be determined by living in a cave without technology, it's the way you use technology that counts. The majority approach live as consumers, still have my phone from a more than a decade ago, no smart phone just a simple ph for calls and txts and it works around the planet. I use technology wisely, have very little waste in my personal life and make an effort to do the same in my working life.

Waste and consumerism are the worst aspects of ideological life and no ideologue can go more than a few days before they want another short term hit from purchasing more useless junk, just to satisfy their pathetic lives for a few minutes and make them feel good.

If everyone stopped wasting resource, recycling and not abusing the planet, we wouldn't be in this position. Bu they don't, they leave it to others and there lies the problem. Asylum seekers are the opposite to good management of the country, just another way of wasting resources and aiding the destruction of the planet and they are all crazed god nutters, which are the worst form of humanity there is.

Have no idea how pink lives her life, whether she does anything to mitigate the damage an ideological life style does, that's her business.
Dax
Jaguar

Postby DonDeeHippy » 16 Jan 2020, 16:56

Dax wrote:"noun, plural i·de·ol·o·gies.
the body of doctrine, myth, belief, etc., that guides an individual, social movement, institution, class, or large group.
such a body of doctrine, myth, etc., with reference to some political and social plan, as that of fascism, along with the devices for putting it into operation."

"An ideology is a set of normative beliefs and values that a person or other entity has for non-epistemic reasons.[1] These rely on basic assumptions about reality that may or may not have any factual basis. The term is especially used to describe systems of ideas and ideals which form the basis of economic or political theories and resultant policies. In these there are tenuous causal links between policies and outcomes owing to the large numbers of variables available, so that many key assumptions have to be made.[2] In political science the term is used in a descriptive sense to refer to political belief systems.[3]"

Don't know where you got your definition, most certainly not the same as in every dictionary and Wikipedia. Then again ideologues just love to change the facts to suit themselves. These are just the first two samples of the definition of ideology, the real definition backed by reality, not empty hope.

My trip to Europe, was by ship and would have returned by ship, the plane ride was going to happen anyway and coming across someone who is determined to get an electric plane and drives EVs, to me was an advancement understanding. I don't use airlines, do have a pilots single engine instrument licence and will be sitting my twin engine instrument jet licence in the next few weeks now I have the hours. This is to take advantage of the electric planes coming onto the market, in the next couple of years.

We are all hypocrites, can't be avoided. But we have to live in this world and I do all in my power to be as responsible for my foot print on the planet as I can. Success in that reality, can't be determined by living in a cave without technology, it's the way you use technology that counts. The majority approach live as consumers, still have my phone from a more than a decade ago, no smart phone just a simple ph for calls and txts and it works around the planet. I use technology wisely, have very little waste in my personal life and make an effort to do the same in my working life.

Waste and consumerism are the worst aspects of ideological life and no ideologue can go more than a few days before they want another short term hit from purchasing more useless junk, just to satisfy their pathetic lives for a few minutes and make them feel good.

If everyone stopped wasting resource, recycling and not abusing the planet, we wouldn't be in this position. Bu they don't, they leave it to others and there lies the problem. Asylum seekers are the opposite to good management of the country, just another way of wasting resources and aiding the destruction of the planet and they are all crazed god nutters, which are the worst form of humanity there is.

Have no idea how pink lives her life, whether she does anything to mitigate the damage an ideological life style does, that's her business.

Ideology a system of ideas and ideals _oxford dictionary…. :rofl :rofl :rofl

So was it a sailing ship or a cruise ship which use the dirtiest fuel know to man the "bunker" Fuel which is the left over sludge after they take petrol and diesel out of crude Oil ? :OMG
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby Chuck » 16 Jan 2020, 17:02

greggerypeccary wrote:So you're happy to watch people in trouble die?

Labor is responsible for the death of children!
They encouraged the use of children as a tool for their parents to achieve asylum.

I suggest u study the progressive tactics used by Afghans and ME economic refugees to get to our shores etc.

Chuck
Chuck
mountain lion

Postby johnsmith » 16 Jan 2020, 17:08

greggerypeccary wrote:Why would you want to deter an asylum seeker from seeking protection?

we were lucky being born in a country like Australia. If you lived in some shit hole where some dictator threatened you or your family, and they had no chance of a decent future, wouldn't you run and try to make a better life for yourself elsewhere? I know i certainly would.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby johnsmith » 16 Jan 2020, 17:09

Chuck wrote:

They encouraged the use of children as a tool for their parents to achieve asylum.

I suggest u study the progressive tactics used by Afghans and ME economic refugees to get to our shores etc.

Chuck

you're a moron
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby DonDeeHippy » 16 Jan 2020, 17:13

johnsmith wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:Why would you want to deter an asylum seeker from seeking protection?

we were lucky being born in a country like Australia. If you lived in some shit hole where some dictator threatened you or your family, and they had no chance of a decent future, wouldn't you run and try to make a better life for yourself elsewhere? I know i certainly would.

Just like Meeting Back Packers.. they are the cream of the crop.. the ones that actually have the drive to explore life or get out of a bad situation..... Most people will just sit around winging about life and do nothing..... :purple
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby Chuck » 16 Jan 2020, 18:30

johnsmith wrote:
Chuck wrote:

Chuck
you're a moron
That is simply a retort from a simpleton!

Produce some justification for ur assessment on the statement that I had made, beside being childish?

For a bit of guidance for a twit like u to research,"study the progressive tactics used by Afghans and ME economic refugees".

Chuck
Chuck
mountain lion

Postby johnsmith » 16 Jan 2020, 18:33

Chuck wrote:Produce some justification for ur assessment

my assessment

johnsmith wrote:you're a moron

the proof

Chuck wrote:Labor is responsible for the death of children!

Chuck

happy now? :yahoo :yahoo
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Chuck » 16 Jan 2020, 19:52

johnsmith wrote:
Chuck wrote:Produce some justification for ur assessment

my assessment

johnsmith wrote:you're a moron

the proof

Chuck wrote:Labor is responsible for the death of children!

Chuck

happy now? :yahoo :yahoo
Confirmation that ur a childish and lazy imbecile!
Chuck
mountain lion

Postby johnsmith » 16 Jan 2020, 20:27

Chuck wrote:Confirmation that ur a childish and lazy imbecile!

confirmation that you're a moron :grn
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Chuck » 17 Jan 2020, 12:30

johnsmith wrote:
Chuck wrote: Labor is responsible for the death of children!

you're a moron
What is ur recollection of how the first wave of Afghan and ME refugees financed and tactics used to get to our shores.

My recollection is o child was involved (until later on, when the smugglers and parent’s realised that a child could be used as leverage to get into the country!
Chuck
mountain lion

Postby johnsmith » 17 Jan 2020, 16:17

Chuck wrote:My recollection is o child was involved

then you'd be wrong.
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby pinkeye » 18 Jan 2020, 03:08

DonDeeHippy wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

Indeed that is the question

THAT IS THE QUESTION.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 18 Jan 2020, 03:16

Dax wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

Three reasons, tomany people in the country already and we need to lose over 10 million as it is to survive the .....

FFS... u say stuff.. and you expect respect..?

Hey .. fellas... go back and learn just a little extra english //+
///// like their, there, to, too..
if you really are interested in communicating.

.. I guess I'm like a French person in France, who looks with disdain on those who show their basic ignorance of language by a half-arsed attempt at communication.

Sacre Bleu :roll
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby Dax » 18 Jan 2020, 10:25

pinkeye wrote:
Dax wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

Three reasons, tomany people in the country already and we need to lose over 10 million as it is to survive the .....

FFS... u say stuff.. and you expect respect..?

I never expect respect from foolish denialists, accepting reality and working with it in a positive way, is respect. Not claiming more ignorant worthless moronic ideological humans in the country is a positive, when in fact, it's deranged insanity.

My comments represent the true facts for survival in this country and not some airy fairy ideological crap that will only increase the demise of livable conditions in Aus.
Dax
Jaguar

Postby Chuck » 18 Jan 2020, 12:28

pinkeye wrote:Hey .. fellas... go back and learn just a little extra english //+
///// like their, there, to, too..
if you really are interested in communicating.

.. I guess I'm like a French person in France, who looks with disdain on those who show their basic ignorance of language by a half-arsed attempt at communication.

Sacre Bleu :roll
You're welcome to pick on me when it comes to grammar!

This is one reason why I started participating on forum discussions, to overcome my fear of writing a sentence.

Even now, I reread my posts about half dozen times, making amendments, to ensure that I haven’t missed a 'to, in' and so on, before posting it. And more than likely the grammar is still woeful!

It was a phobia that I never could overcome, I would rather pay someone to write on my behalf then make an effort.
It was the reason why I wouldn’t apply for advancement in my various employment life.

Now since retirement, I have become indifferent to people’s opinions and simply treat it as my re-education program, hoping overcoming my fear.
Chuck
mountain lion

Next

Return to Politics