Nandos is gone: lol, but who cares??????????????

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Nandos is gone: lol, but who cares??????????????

Postby Bongalong » 12 Jul 2019, 17:15

https://www.news.com.au/finance/business/retail/sorry-this-restaurant-has-flown-the-coop-nandos-in-crisis-with-one-in-five-stores-closing-since-2014/news-story/d32982663f2ac864bb119cbb7c32fd99

I thought it was a good product but had no bones about charging too much... every now and again you could get a chicken cut in quarters for probably less than coles charges now so it's all swings and roundabouts really when you think about it! (Unless they're prices have gone up in the least ten years+, of course, lol :bgrin :bike :bike :bike :bike :bike
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Re: Nandos is gone: lol, but who cares??????????????

Postby HBS Guy » 12 Jul 2019, 20:05

Never went into one of their places. I don’t tend to patronise places like that.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 12 Jul 2019, 20:07

I tried it once several years ago, I felt it was over priced for it's product

that said, them forcing franchisee to spend up to $1m in refurbs or no more franchise agreement, after spending an average of $400k to buy the franchise in the first place, should be outlawed. It's extortion. Most of the ones I've seen net less than $200k a year ..... by the time they pay of the refurb it's time for another refurb. It's a ridiculous position to put francisee's into.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby pinkeye » 13 Jul 2019, 02:49

and yet, it seems Nandos, were hugely participant in sending their left-over food to charities.. They have fed many poor people. people who now won't get to eat that food.

Oh well.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby DonDeeHippy » 13 Jul 2019, 06:42

as long as they keep selling their hot sauce I wont mind... they did pretty well bring in the peri peri chilli over here.. :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby Bongalong » 13 Jul 2019, 11:56

HBS Guy wrote:Never went into one of their places. I don’t tend to patronise places like that.

Good product but way too expensive!
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 13 Jul 2019, 12:01

johnsmith wrote:I tried it once several years ago, I felt it was over priced for it's product

that said, them forcing franchisee to spend up to $1m in refurbs or no more franchise agreement, after spending an average of $400k to buy the franchise in the first place, should be outlawed. It's extortion. Most of the ones I've seen net less than $200k a year ..... by the time they pay of the refurb it's time for another refurb. It's a ridiculous position to put francisee's into.

The management is a bit high falutin' which is quite strange really considering some of the store managers they appoint- but then they are obviously on their best behaviour because I think they've been told their postion/s is/are extrememly safe if they tow the line: but undeniably as a company they are looking for that little bit better clientele with their prices!

Their marketing girl was a kook... but that's what they wanted I supppose.

So, ya know: that's how it goes...

I had no problem with them: they gave you free food and you can't ask for much more than a basic wage at a fast food joint. :bike :bike :bgrin
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 13 Jul 2019, 12:07

pinkeye wrote:and yet, it seems Nandos, were hugely participant in sending their left-over food to charities.. They have fed many poor people. people who now won't get to eat that food.

Oh well.

Good on 'em: I didn't know that and would never have really suspected it so was pleasantly surprised by that news and had a flashback to two of the owners when you said that: but then again, I did think at the time that the management was basically humanistic- apart from some of the apparently-appointed-for-life-for-some-f'n-very-strange-reason(!??!)-store-managers of course lol!

:yak yak :jump :jump :jump :jump :bike :bike :bgrin :beer
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 14 Jul 2019, 02:59

So .. it goes.

I ate there once
It was OKAY
But I did not
have a bill
to pay

:bgrin
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 14 Jul 2019, 15:42

pinkeye wrote:So .. it goes.

I ate there once
It was OKAY
But I did not
have a bill
to pay

:bgrin

The best way to eat Nandos because paying for it is basically frightening! One thing I do remember is they had zero specials.... :roll But, hey: they don't look look rich for nothing!! :roll :roll
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Return to Politics