South Australia to ban straws, plastic cutlery

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: South Australia to ban straws, plastic cutlery

Postby Chuck » 10 Jul 2019, 13:25

DonDeeHippy wrote:exactly and the quicker we stop burning fossil fuels the better.....

I go along with the concept of transitioning from fossil fuel to an alternative source at a sustainable pace ... but not with haste.

That’s the major flaw with the Greenies!

We need to preempt what problems the solution will bring up in the future.

Try not to repeat the Greenies stuff up, like moving away from paper - don’t chop down trees - to plastic and then going back to paper as the best option.

Chuck
Chuck
Jack Russell

spamone: Animal

Postby DonDeeHippy » 10 Jul 2019, 14:13

Chuck wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:exactly and the quicker we stop burning fossil fuels the better.....

I go along with the concept of transitioning from fossil fuel to an alternative source at a sustainable pace ... but not with haste.

That’s the major flaw with the Greenies!

We need to preempt what problems the solution will bring up in the future.

Try not to repeat the Greenies stuff up, like moving away from paper - don’t chop down trees - to plastic and then going back to paper as the best option.

Chuck

I think your missing the whole point, the new laws are not to start using paper again, it's to stop one use bags of any sort.... Get multi use bags is what we are trying for (which most are still plastic).
Trying to blame greenies for stuff and ignoring corporate greed is a very blinker's on approach to arguments.....

Plastic bags are cheaper and use less space than paper bags...… but your trying to tell me it's the greenies fault and not business decisions to use the cheapest products..... No where by the way is anyone saying to start using paper bags again, as you still have the problem of a one use item...... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby Dax » 10 Jul 2019, 16:02

Always makes me laugh how all the fools continue blaming others, when the reality is probably they are the worst offenders, when there are very simple ways to overcome the problems with plastic straws and all plastics used for packaging. It's called hemp, grows anywhere, no chemicals, fertilisers or anti pest measures needed, makes excellent paper, cardboard and just about anything that plastic is used for. It would also save the economy billions each year by not sending money overseas to pay for polluting fossil oil plastics, farmers would have a guaranteed sustainable income and the seed oils could be turned into fuel and biodegradable plastics which won't harm the environment.

But keep arguing, it's a great representation of the how intelligent and responsible the average clone isn't.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby Chuck » 10 Jul 2019, 17:35

DonDeeHippy wrote:I think your missing the whole point, the new laws are not to start using paper again, it's to stop one use bags of any sort.... Get multi use bags is what we are trying for (which most are still plastic).

I think u need to rephrase ur contradictory statement -‘to stop one use bags of any sort....'.
DonDeeHippy wrote:Trying to blame greenies for stuff and ignoring corporate greed is a very blinker's on approach to arguments.....

I think my comments are justifiable in blaming the Greenies who put pressure on politicians and businesses to go plastic!
Plastic grocery bags got cheaper as time went on .... what happened to the environmentally friendly plastic bags.

The problem isn’t the demonised and falsely named single-use grocery bags but simply uncaring people. These people will continue to cause havoc on the environment.... classic example are the posters who are adamant not going back to cloth nappies as an interim solution measure.

I still continue to use the demonised SINGLE-USE PLASTIC BAG to carry our groceries. Once they deteriorate to such a state they are used as bin liners.

Have struck only one checkout staff member who wouldn’t put groceries in them... love seeing the reaction of shoppers when I go shopping.

Previously I used to see many staff member who worked for Coles and Woollies using these bags to carry their lunches to work....seen doctors and nurses carry their lunches in these demonised bags.

Businesses go along with this fiasco because it give them the opportunity to increase their profit margin and force consumers to purchase alternative products.

So if anything, businesses are complicit with the Greenies in perpetrating this con job on consumers

Chuck
Chuck
Jack Russell

Postby HBS Guy » 10 Jul 2019, 17:46

If you want a great multi use bag to carry groceries there are “soft eskies” (I bought mine at Coles when one day at the Central Market I realised I had forgotten our multi use bags. Has a hatch so you don’t have to unzip the whole top, keeps its shape and keeps stuff cool better then the cloth+aluminium bags. (I still do not buy sashimi on hot summer days!) About $15 IIRC, well worth the money!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby DonDeeHippy » 11 Jul 2019, 06:49

Dax wrote:Always makes me laugh how all the fools continue blaming others, when the reality is probably they are the worst offenders, when there are very simple ways to overcome the problems with plastic straws and all plastics used for packaging. It's called hemp, grows anywhere, no chemicals, fertilisers or anti pest measures needed, makes excellent paper, cardboard and just about anything that plastic is used for. It would also save the economy billions each year by not sending money overseas to pay for polluting fossil oil plastics, farmers would have a guaranteed sustainable income and the seed oils could be turned into fuel and biodegradable plastics which won't harm the environment.

But keep arguing, it's a great representation of the how intelligent and responsible the average clone isn't.

Did you get told today Dax ?
Again you know nothing about me, to think I don't believe hemp is a good product and should be widely used... when have I ever said we shouldn't use hemp... so for your high superior attitude you can get fucked .
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby Dax » 11 Jul 2019, 19:25

Don't recall addressing my post to you, otherwise would have quoted you, maybe guilt really does run deep. Would have thought any who could see simple alternatives that would have many benefits would agree with what I posted as it's fact. Those that are part of the problem would attack any reminder of their position, in the hope it will take the heat off them.

Those who feel they are superior to others, are those that have little knowledge or ability. They lie, cheat and rip people off. All I have is experience and knowledge, to begin with via necessity and then, because the more your know, the more can do and the easier and more successful life becomes. Success in life is not measured by how much money or possessions you have, it's measured by how yo are seen by your peers and those you encounter in life.

There's many alternative drinking straws, glass, bamboo, straw, S/S, paper and we use a variety of those.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby johnsmith » 11 Jul 2019, 20:18

Dax wrote:Those who feel they are superior to others, are those that have little knowledge or ability. They lie, cheat and rip people off.

i don't know about the ripping people off, but I can confirm that lying and cheating isn't a stranger to you. So yes, at the very least that part of your statement is correct
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby pinkeye » 11 Jul 2019, 23:38

Chuck wrote:I remember cotton nappies. Of course, a mother that has to keep their children dry and happy, are so busy washing nappies, they can't work.!
Not enough .. get out and earn a living. So, disposable nappies became ALMOST necessary. Don't lay blame.. we are all responsible.

What a feeble excuse, to justify the right to pollute.
Don’t u have a automatic washing machine and drier that washes for u.

It won’t be to long before ur missus can turn on the washing machine/ drier remotely and the nappies will only need to be stored away. Maybe that would be too much effort for u!

Chuck

So.. you sort of got my point. :roll
pinkeye wrote:so stop multi-nats from producing them.
THEY are the ones responsible. Them and the ad managers that sell people stuff they don't need. I'd ban them tomorrow, if it were up to me.

I remember cotton nappies. Of course, a mother that has to keep their children dry and happy, are so busy washing nappies, they can't work.!
Not enough .. get out and earn a living. So, disposable nappies became ALMOST necessary. Don't lay blame.. we are all responsible.

Comprende.?
I doubt it.
Just saying, where there is a Will there is a Way.!
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby DonDeeHippy » 12 Jul 2019, 06:28

Dax wrote:Don't recall addressing my post to you, otherwise would have quoted you, maybe guilt really does run deep. Would have thought any who could see simple alternatives that would have many benefits would agree with what I posted as it's fact. Those that are part of the problem would attack any reminder of their position, in the hope it will take the heat off them.

Those who feel they are superior to others, are those that have little knowledge or ability. They lie, cheat and rip people off. All I have is experience and knowledge, to begin with via necessity and then, because the more your know, the more can do and the easier and more successful life becomes. Success in life is not measured by how much money or possessions you have, it's measured by how yo are seen by your peers and those you encounter in life.

There's many alternative drinking straws, glass, bamboo, straw, S/S, paper and we use a variety of those.

well who did you address that post to Dax ?
If you cant tell the difference between someone being annoyed at your because you have insulted them and someone being annoyed at you because they are felling guilty you must therefore assume anyone annoyed at you is feeling guilty and not your being a dick...

why the fuck are you on this forum if you don't want to argue (debate) ?
what just to feel superior about telling us how we are clones ? no better than Jules.....

Ohh and my first post was talking about how we use SS straws :purple
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby DonDeeHippy » 12 Jul 2019, 06:35

Chuck wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:I think your missing the whole point, the new laws are not to start using paper again, it's to stop one use bags of any sort.... Get multi use bags is what we are trying for (which most are still plastic).

I think u need to rephrase ur contradictory statement -‘to stop one use bags of any sort....'.
DonDeeHippy wrote:Trying to blame greenies for stuff and ignoring corporate greed is a very blinker's on approach to arguments.....

I think my comments are justifiable in blaming the Greenies who put pressure on politicians and businesses to go plastic!
Plastic grocery bags got cheaper as time went on .... what happened to the environmentally friendly plastic bags.

The problem isn’t the demonised and falsely named single-use grocery bags but simply uncaring people. These people will continue to cause havoc on the environment.... classic example are the posters who are adamant not going back to cloth nappies as an interim solution measure.

I still continue to use the demonised SINGLE-USE PLASTIC BAG to carry our groceries. Once they deteriorate to such a state they are used as bin liners.

Have struck only one checkout staff member who wouldn’t put groceries in them... love seeing the reaction of shoppers when I go shopping.

Previously I used to see many staff member who worked for Coles and Woollies using these bags to carry their lunches to work....seen doctors and nurses carry their lunches in these demonised bags.

Businesses go along with this fiasco because it give them the opportunity to increase their profit margin and force consumers to purchase alternative products.

So if anything, businesses are complicit with the Greenies in perpetrating this con job on consumers

Chuck

stop blaming greenies for your selfish actions Chuck.... you keep using single use bags to use a bin liners... just wash your bin with old dish water ffs... I know your feeling guilty and just want to strike out...
So instead we can talk about how the greenies started the whole mess and now disposable nappies.
Considering the thread is about stopping the use of plastic straws and cutlery which you have made no comment on. Id say just stop demanding bags get yourself some nice hemp/cotton/nylon durable bags and stop making excuses... :purple
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby Chuck » 12 Jul 2019, 10:37

DonDeeHippy wrote:stop blaming greenies for your selfish actions Chuck.... you keep using single use bags to use a bin liners...
So instead we can talk about how the greenies started the whole mess and now disposable nappies.
Considering the thread is about stopping the use of plastic straws and cutlery which you have made no comment on.
The heading is about straws and cutlery but the initial poster also makes reference to plastic bags.

Please note the first sentence!
A range of single-use plastics including straws and cutlery is set to be banned in South Australia — but that could be just the tip of the iceberg, with items including takeaway coffee cups and plastic bags also in the firing line.

So the common theme is PLASTIC and disposal nappies has a fair bit of plastic in them.

U put a fair bit of effort into stressing the alternatives to the use of plastic bags but u seems to be lacking gusto in encouraging the modern family’s to revert back to the use of cloth nappies for the benefit of the environment.

Me, using the demonised plastic bag is a signal to the community that it isn’t the item that is the problem, simply it’s people who act in a childish manner that pollute the environment.

Re-educating them is a waste of money.... the majority of the polluters are the young folks.

Chuck
Chuck
Jack Russell

Postby Dax » 12 Jul 2019, 11:29

DonDeeHippy wrote:
Dax wrote:Don't recall addressing my post to you, otherwise would have quoted you, maybe guilt really does run deep. Would have thought any who could see simple alternatives that would have many benefits would agree with what I posted as it's fact. Those that are part of the problem would attack any reminder of their position, in the hope it will take the heat off them.

well who did you address that post to Dax ?
If you cant tell the difference between someone being annoyed at your because you have insulted them and someone being annoyed at you because they are felling guilty you must therefore assume anyone annoyed at you is feeling guilty and not your being a dick...

why the fuck are you on this forum if you don't want to argue (debate) ?
what just to feel superior about telling us how we are clones ? no better than Jules.....

Ohh and my first post was talking about how we use SS straws :purple

Hilarious, seems you're in a quandary, one doesn't have to address a post to anyone, mine was a generalisation, but seems to have effected you the most, wonder why. I'm happy to debate, but it's pretty hard to do when the majority are only capable of one liners, denial or abuse. My post would only insult someone if it inadvertently referred to them and they couldn't handle it.

I read all posts, unlike most, so am aware of what people write and one of the reasons why my post was not aimed at you, was because had read your posts. But if you can't get over yourself, stiff shit that's your problem, not mine. I don't argue, absolutely fruitless, debate is another thing as all it does is put around different views. But arguing, is idiots trying to force their beliefs onto other who see things differently and most times all those arguing are wrong any way.

Constantly read from others, claiming they will not read what I post, then they comment on my post, pretty infantile to lie then provide the proof your lying, but that's the nature of ideological humanity. They lie to themselves and lie to each other every minute of the day.

A great example of that is the supposed moderator :rofl :rofl :rofl. All it can produce is one line abuse and attacks, which just makes me laugh at how childish and dumb they must really be and can't stand racists. So happy to goad them into reacting, always puts them at great disadvantage and so easy to do with clones, they are so gullible and easily conned, as life proves over and over for them.

Your welcome to abuse and do what you want, makes no difference to me whatsoever and why am I here, good fun playing with people minds, gets them so frustrated when you hit the nail on the head they react perfectly, as expected. Psychology is a great subject and excellent play thing, especially when you have an understanding of how the ideological human mind works and can work with that to advantage. Have a nice day :stay :rofl :Hi
Last edited by Dax on 12 Jul 2019, 11:41, edited 1 time in total.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby Dax » 12 Jul 2019, 11:38

Nappies are the stupidest thing you can put on a kid, if people had half a brain they'd realise babies will tell you when they need to go after just a day or so of life None of my kids used nappies, even when faced with backlash from family and even their mother at first. But they all saw that a baby has primitive forms of communication and if you look and listen it takes a day or so to work out the right signals. From there the kid will let you know when it needs to go and yo can take it the right place for that. Completely disgusting how humans let their kids sit in shit and piss because they are to lazy or stupid to learn the right signs and communication from their new babies.

Just about all plastics are unnecessary in our lives, they will kill this society, just lie lead and other things have done in the past.
Dax
Cheetah

Previous

Return to Politics