"YOUR modems, people: get ya f'n shit together ya f plebs@!"

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

"YOUR modems, people: get ya f'n shit together ya f plebs@!"

Postby Bongalong » 05 Jul 2019, 16:31

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/jul/05/slow-nbn-speeds-modems-partly-to-blame-for-poor-performance

Apparently you, like me and the rest of us, are all at fault for slow internet speeds in the once alleged clever country...

I call, "Bullshit!" Markets are regulated... case closed :jump :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :roll :bike :bike :roll
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Re: "YOUR modems, people: get ya f'n shit together ya f pleb

Postby HBS Guy » 05 Jul 2019, 17:13

Yeah!

Fucking BULLSHIT!

It is the Libs pissweak version of an NBN done it.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Bongalong » 05 Jul 2019, 17:19

We built the f'n Chinese Dragon mate: like what a joke,.. the kids are going to read this stuff and just spin the f out lol :yak yak :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby johnsmith » 05 Jul 2019, 17:38

yesterday NBN announced it was considering putting up prices for anyone using a streaming service, which is about half the population

the 'new' cluster fuck of an nbn can't cope with demand, and they haven't even finished rolling it out everywhere :mad :mad :mad :mad

Someone should line every liberal politician who supported this mixed technology rubbish and shoot the fuckers.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby hatty » 05 Jul 2019, 18:08

no argument from here
hatty
mountain lion

Postby johnsmith » 05 Jul 2019, 18:23

hatty wrote:no argument from here

this is the one exemption to your 'no guns' rule, right? :rofl
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Bongalong » 05 Jul 2019, 18:44

johnsmith wrote:yesterday NBN announced it was considering putting up prices for anyone using a streaming service, which is about half the population

the 'new' cluster fuck of an nbn can't cope with demand, and they haven't even finished rolling it out everywhere :mad :mad :mad :mad

Someone should line every liberal politician who supported this mixed technology rubbish and shoot the fuckers.

The rich c*** old c*** will do nothing : even the ones on pensions knowing they get f all vote capital "L"iberal party and it has always been that way in Australia.... the old school love their kids and have always wanted better for them but their kids have always hated them--> this is Australia! And now they wonder why their kids hate them lol :Hi
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby hatty » 05 Jul 2019, 20:09

johnsmith wrote:
hatty wrote:no argument from here

this is the one exemption to your 'no guns' rule, right? :rofl

haha JS you got me.

I maintain however that guns are very useful...... just not when they fall too easily into the wrong hands.

......... in the cold light....... just give NBN dial up and netscape navigator...... and myspace.

that'll learn em not that they would notice the difference :bgrin
hatty
mountain lion

Postby Bongalong » 07 Jul 2019, 03:41

johnsmith wrote:yesterday NBN announced it was considering putting up prices for anyone using a streaming service, which is about half the population

What? :WTF :WTF :WTF :WTF :WTF :jump
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby johnsmith » 07 Jul 2019, 09:19

Bongalong wrote:

What? :WTF :WTF :WTF :WTF :WTF :jump

https://www.news.com.au/technology/online/nbn/fears-australia-could-become-laughing-stock-if-nbns-streaming-tax-is-pursued/news-story/66c7162d4c6d5c9453a115ed9a212897

https://www.itnews.com.au/news/nbn-co-floats-its-own-netflix-tax-527507
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Miranda » 07 Jul 2019, 09:50

Shitful behaviour. I stream everything. No aerial. Already pay top dollar for unlimited. Classic profiteering.
Miranda
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 07 Jul 2019, 12:40

Netflix is the reason the NBN as built by the idiotic Libs cannot work.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 08 Jul 2019, 19:51

even NBN is now giving up on the prospect of meeting it's own targets.

NBN's 2018 Corporate Plan boasted of "plans to boost the wholesale speeds available on its fixed wireless network from wholesale speed tier plans of up to [50 Mbps download speed and 20 Mbps upload speed] to up to [100 Mbps download speed and 40 Mbps upload speed], due for launch in 2018".

That would make the performance of fixed wireless match the best speeds currently available to NBN customers on fixed-line connections.

Significantly the NBN also promised it would "not require substantial new infrastructure deployment".

But by May 2018 the dream of super fast fixed wireless was suddenly pronounced dead by the NBN's then-CEO Bill Morrow.

"When should we expect 100 Mbps to become available over fixed wireless, Mr Morrow?" Labor senator Deborah O'Neill asked in Senate Estimates.

"We killed it," Mr Morrow replied. "Never … well maybe, never say never, but it's not on the roadmap any longer."

The Netflix effect was causing unanticipated congestion on fixed wireless, Mr Morrow explained, and that meant high speeds would not be possible without spending a mind-boggling amount of money.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-08/streaming-tv-killed-the-nbns-dream-of-superfast-fixed-wireless/11278694

disgraceful
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby HBS Guy » 08 Jul 2019, 20:01

When you connect a busy tower back to the exchange by microwave you will never be able to offer a decent service. But the political prostitutes running NBN did not want to run out fibre at all, ever, so microwave it was.

Similarly, satellite has been overburdened by NBN Co putting difficult properties, even ones in sight of their CBD, on satellite as a cheap, and dirty, fix. And they want the lucky bastards on FTTH to have a slowly degrading service. Cunts, all involved in this shit!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 08 Jul 2019, 20:08

I heard on the radio this morning that NBN has in it's modems some sort of speed limiter built in. The radio announcers called bullshit on it until a technician working for nbn rang up and admitted it was true. All nbn modems have them.

When they asked him if he could remove it in exchange for 'winning' a $100 voucher from the radio station, he said anything was possible if you knew what you were doing.

I'm going to invite the next nbn technician I meet over my place for a BBQ :yahoo
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby HBS Guy » 08 Jul 2019, 20:20

Not buying the story—problem with the NBN is to make it go faster and for NBN Co to increase revenue per user by signing them up to higher speed plans.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Bongalong » 09 Jul 2019, 16:14

johnsmith wrote:I heard on the radio this morning that NBN has in it's modems some sort of speed limiter built in. The radio announcers called bullshit on it until a technician working for nbn rang up and admitted it was true. All nbn modems have them.

When they asked him if he could remove it in exchange for 'winning' a $100 voucher from the radio station, he said anything was possible if you knew what you were doing.

I'm going to invite the next nbn technician I meet over my place for a BBQ :yahoo

Lol, get the front door closed or something or other lol :beer :OMG :OMG :OMG :OMG :OMG :bike :zzzz :bgrin :roll :yak yak :rain :rain :rain :rain :rain :rain :rain :rain :rain
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 09 Jul 2019, 16:34

HBS Guy wrote:Not buying the story—problem with the NBN is to make it go faster and for NBN Co to increase revenue per user by signing them up to higher speed plans.

eso is muy interasante :roll
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby UnSubRocky » 11 Jul 2019, 05:04

I think it was 2008 when I last used dialup. The anticipation building to watch a youtube video was enough to keep me interested. By the time I got to using adsl, I had to use 5GB in downloads over a month. I switched over to another internet provider and got 20GB of downloads. From there, I got upgraded to 40GB. Then I switched back to Telstra and was allowed 200GB. I never used up any more than 50GB per month. I got a plan where the download limit was 1TB. The internet speeds are fine from what I see. Compared to 2008 and earlier, there are really no complaints from me.

Why do you need super fast internet connections, anyway?
UnSubRocky
Kitten

Postby HBS Guy » 11 Jul 2019, 06:06

Yes, to some extent a stable internet connection is more important than speed. When I was running a business that involved uploading data to clients machines upload speed was important. My connection lets me stream a movie from SBS alright but uploading a photo takes rather longer. If I was to try uploading video from the GoPro or dashcam I think I would be peeved by the upload speed. Had I decent upload speed I could host this forum myself.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 11 Jul 2019, 16:23

telstra should be shut down for their neglect to the system over the years

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-11/telstra-blamed-after-nbn-cable-found-strung-between-two-trees/11297272
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Return to Politics