New Zealanders Disobey Gun Ban - Keep Semi-Automatics...

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: New Zealanders Disobey Gun Ban - Keep Semi-Automatics...

Postby Chuck » 11 Jul 2019, 18:31

During the war of independence, didn’t the French assist and armed the rebellion against the British?

History could possibly be repeated with some other country suppling military grade weapons to the American people, if need be!

During the Vietnam war, the most dangerous place was sharing the military base with American servicemen.
The chance of being killed by doped up, gun happy Yanks was greater then being killed by the Viet Cong.

Chuck
Chuck
Pitbull terrier

spamone: Animal

Postby Bongalong » 12 Jul 2019, 16:27

..lol fictionalised fog of war basically equals terrorism from within lol :jump

Go every dickhead in the world wide web called chuck lol :roll
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Chuck » 12 Jul 2019, 16:42

Bongalong wrote:..lol fictionalised fog of war basically equals terrorism from within lol :jump

We’re u in Vietnam at that time?

Chuck
Chuck
Pitbull terrier

Postby Bongalong » 12 Jul 2019, 16:50

Chuck wrote:
Bongalong wrote:..lol fictionalised fog of war basically equals terrorism from within lol :jump

We’re u in Vietnam at that time?

Chuck

I'm hereby diagnosing you with PTSD :beer
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Chuck » 12 Jul 2019, 17:08

Bongalong wrote:I'm hereby diagnosing you with PTSD :beer
At least I was assessed as sane, not like ur questionable mental status!
Chuck
Chuck
Pitbull terrier

Postby Bongalong » 12 Jul 2019, 17:18

Chuck wrote:
Chuck

Big chuck is going to bring the party lol :roll
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Chuck » 12 Jul 2019, 19:22

Bongalong wrote:
Chuck wrote:
Chuck

Big chuck is going to bring the party lol :roll
More rambling from a person of questionable mental state!
Chuck

JM: Can both of you keep the abuse and insults down please? Or take it to the Sand Pit.
Chuck
Pitbull terrier

Postby DreamRyderX » 13 Jul 2019, 17:21

..........................................New Zealand Experience Further Proves
......................Registration Facilitates Confiscations

...............Image

Source: NRA-ILA
Firearms registration facilitates firearms confiscation. This fact has been demonstrated in recent weeks, as the New Zealand authorities have lamented that the country does not have a firearms registry to assist them in their gun confiscation efforts.

Following a high-profile shooting in Christchurch, the New Zealand government enacted the Arms (Prohibited Firearms, Magazines, and Parts) Amendment Act 2019. The legislation prohibited the sale and civilian possession of all centerfire semi-automatic rifles. Further, the bill banned semi-automatic and pump-action shotguns “that are capable of holding more than 5 cartridges commensurate with that firearm’s chamber size” or capable of accepting a detachable magazine. All detachable centerfire rifle magazines were also prohibited.

Otherwise law-abiding individuals found in unlawful possession of a newly-prohibited firearm face up to five years in prison. Those found in possession of a newly-prohibited magazine face up to two years imprisonment.

In order to enforce the new firearms prohibitions, New Zealand has undertaken an Australian-style confiscatory “buy-back” program that will run from June 20 through December 20. The use of the term “buy-back” is improper, as the government never owned the firearms it seeks to confiscate.

During the amnesty, owners will be forced to turn over their firearms to the government for fixed compensation. New Zealand police have announced a calendar of “local collection events” where gun owners can relinquish their property. Further, police have asked previously law abiding gun owners to use an online portal to notify law enforcement of their prohibited firearms. The government has published a confiscation price list based on make/model and condition of the firearm. Curious U.S. gun owners should note that as of July 3, 2019 the New Zealand dollar was worth approximately $0.67.

In order to possess most rifles and shotguns in New Zealand an individual is required to obtain a firearms license. However, the country does not require all rifles and shotguns to be registered. Pistols and firearms categorized as “military-style semiautomatics” (MSSAs) are subject to registration.

[For more information on New Zealand firearms law, readers are encouraged to visit the Library of Congress website]

This has created a policy dilemma for New Zealand’s gun control advocates. Without knowing how many newly-prohibited firearms are in the country or who owns them, there is no effective way for the anti-gun officials to enforce their ham-handed edicts.

Complaining that the lack of a registry would hamper enforcement, New Zealand Police Association President Chris Cahill told the press in May, “We really have no idea how many of these firearms are out there in New Zealand… Which really points to how bad our firearms legislation has been, that we have let this get out of control.”

Gun Control NZ co-founder Philippa Yasbek admitted that the lack of a registry will make the firearms confiscation plan she supports difficult. Yasbek was quoted by the Washington Post as stating, “These weapons are unlikely to be confiscated by police because they don’t know of their existence… These will become black-market weapons if their owners choose not to comply with the law and become criminals instead.” However, Yasbek and her anti-gun cohorts don’t plan to make this mistake again. At present. Gun Control NZ is advocating for a registry of all firearms and ammunition sales.

Without knowing how many firearms they might need to forcibly purchase, the New Zealand government has allocated NZ$208 million ($139.5 million) to the confiscation scheme. Some pro-gun advocates have placed the necessary funding at closer to NZ$500 million ($335 million).

Even with the massive sum allocated to the confiscation effort, it appears that the fixed compensation prices will not entice many gun owners. Council of Licenced Firearms Owners spokeswoman Nicole McKee told the New Zealand Herald that "Some of the offered prices for higher-end firearms are well out of kilter. We're talking thousands of dollars." Mckee went on to add, “The Government kept saying they weren't going to rip us off. They said they would pay full value. They're not, and 250,000 [firearms licence holders] are starting to feel ripped off.” Gun store owner David Tipple was quoted by the paper as calling some of the offered prices “horrible robbery.” New Zealand MP Christopher Bishop was quoted by Radio New Zealand as stating, “Because we're asking thousands of people to turn up to these mass collection events and hand over their firearms to the police and if they don't believe they're getting a fair price people simply won't do it… That will undermine the whole intent of the buyback scheme itself."

There were at least 15 links within the above article, which would further aid the reader to comprehend the subject matter, but unfortunately if I tried to link them here I was unable......presented with repeated 403 permission denials........it seems that linking within a quote is frowned upon in this forum.

My suggestion is that you click on the source link (in Blue) at the start of the post's quote so to see the original article with all pertinent links......Sorry for the inconvenience, but unless the boards software is updated, this phpBB® Forum Software problem/bug can't be overcome.

Never water yerself down just because someone might not be able ta handle ya at "190 Proof"
DreamRyderX
Pitbull terrier

Postby DonDeeHippy » 14 Jul 2019, 07:43

I don't see the problem, civilians don't need semi automatics... Gun registry means gun owners have to be accountable for their dangerous weapons...... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby Texan » 14 Jul 2019, 08:01

DonDeeHippy wrote:I don't see the problem, civilians don't need semi automatics... Gun registry means gun owners have to be accountable for their dangerous weapons...... :purple

If a criminal gang ever decides to break into your house, you may think differently and gun registry is usually a precursor to gun confiscation. It's the government roadmap to controlling their subjects. It's your call, just like I get to make my call with my government.

Ever been hog hunting? When you shoot one, the rest scatter and you don't want to be in their path unarmed. They can weigh over 500 lbs and they will charge you.(300 kg?) Most hunters want a .300 or larger semiauto for followup shots. They are not a native species and they breed like rabbits and do $400M in property damage every year in Texas alone. All year is open season to shoot them on site without any kind of license. We have made an industry out of hog hunting. We have guided hunts, hunt from helicopter with full auto rifles, and we even blow them up with tannerite. Look up Texas hog hunting on youtube. My wife's niece ran into a 300 lb hog with her truck and totalled the truck. The hog died also.

Will you go after revolvers next?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzHG-ibZaKM
Texan
Cheetah

Postby DreamRyderX » 14 Jul 2019, 09:14

Texan wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:I don't see the problem, civilians don't need semi automatics... Gun registry means gun owners have to be accountable for their dangerous weapons...... :purple

If a criminal gang ever decides to break into your house, you may think differently and gun registry is usually a precursor to gun confiscation. It's the government roadmap to controlling their subjects. It's your call, just like I get to make my call with my government.

Ever been hog hunting? When you shoot one, the rest scatter and you don't want to be in their path unarmed. They can weigh over 500 lbs and they will charge you.(300 kg?) Most hunters want a .300 or larger semiauto for followup shots. They are not a native species and they breed like rabbits and do $400M in property damage every year in Texas alone. All year is open season to shoot them on site without any kind of license. We have made an industry out of hog hunting. We have guided hunts, hunt from helicopter with full auto rifles, and we even blow them up with tannerite. Look up Texas hog hunting on youtube. My wife's niece ran into a 300 lb hog with her truck and totalled the truck. The hog died also.

SPOT ON!!! Texan Image

Living here in Australia for as long as I have I've noticed one thing, when it comes to guns, many (far from all thank God) of the Australian People are very naive. The government, & their media lapdogs have thoroughly brainwashed so many.......the further left you go, the more gullible they become to the "Progressive" propaganda. It's ok for the police & the government to have automatic, & semiautomatic weapons, but Citizens ...no way!!! Theycan't be "permitted" such weapons, they aren't trustworthy!

When asked, if there was one thing I dearly missed after I moved here, it was I always liked having the Right to make up my own mind. Among other things I liked deciding what firearms I wanted to own, without having to give anyone a reason why I want to own them as a prerequisite to being "allowed" to have what & how many.

I decided what's best for me & mine, not the government.

Being reduced to begging for "permission" is not my cup of tea.

Here owning a firearm is a "benefit & a privilege"........ Benefits & Privileges may work for convicts & prisoners, but not free men in a free country!!!

Patrick Henry once said, & I absolutely agree 125%

"....Give me Liberty, or give me death!"

The government are the very last people I would ever want knowing anything about me........especially what firearms I own, & where I keep them!

PS.......Love those 8 & 16 shot revolver record(s) in yer video!!!

If people here catch wind of that.....geeez Louise!!!

Last edited by DreamRyderX on 14 Jul 2019, 09:27, edited 1 time in total.
Never water yerself down just because someone might not be able ta handle ya at "190 Proof"
DreamRyderX
Pitbull terrier

Postby DonDeeHippy » 14 Jul 2019, 09:27

Texan wrote:

you can have a gun in your house to defend yourself both in Australia and New Zealand, so I don't know what point your making..... Again civilians don't need military semi automatics ...
As for your "its the government path to control", I think that's just a excuse for not having to be accountable for a dangerous weapon.
It's been 25 years and Australian citizens rights have not changed in any way.... Do you think we should give them another 25 years or 100 to see if your right....
Remember no mater the excuses there are 32,000 gun deaths a year in USA

Yes Pigs are a major feral animal here as well and there are hundreds if not thousands of full time hunters of Boar ,they get a bounty on them, they never have used semi automatic guns to kill them (well not the professionals) they use dogs a lot, I'm friends with a 72 year old man that still takes his dogs out and kills the boars with a knife although he takes a gun with him.
It's so big here most gas stations have about 4-5 different pig killing mags, my favourite is Bores and Bikini's :purple

edit found this wonderful link, notice most are with dogs.

http://www.sportingshooter.com.au/bacon-busters/babes-and-boars
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby DreamRyderX » 14 Jul 2019, 10:39

DonDeeHippy wrote:you can have a gun in your house to defend yourself both in Australia and New Zealand........

ImageAre you absolutely sure about this Don?

If you got a link I'd really appreciate it...... Image Image

DreamRyderX
Pitbull terrier

Postby Dax » 14 Jul 2019, 11:00

DonDeeHippy wrote:
Texan wrote:

you can have a gun in your house to defend yourself both in Australia and New Zealand, so I don't know what point your making..... Again civilians don't need military semi automatics ...
As for your "its the government path to control", I think that's just a excuse for not having to be accountable for a dangerous weapon.
It's been 25 years and Australian citizens rights have not changed in any way.... Do you think we should give them another 25 years or 100 to see if your right....

Yes Pigs are a major feral animal here as well and there are hundreds if not thousands of full time hunters of Boar ,they get a bounty on them, they never have used semi automatic guns to kill them (well not the professionals) they use dogs a lot, I'm friends with a 72 year old man that still takes his dogs out and kills the boars with a knife although he takes a gun with him.
It's so big here most gas stations have about 4-5 different pig killing mags, my favourite is Bores and Bikini's :purple

Which state allows you to keep a gun in your house for self defence, I know of none.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby DreamRyderX » 14 Jul 2019, 11:11

Dax wrote:
..........Which state allows you to keep a gun in your house for self defence, I know of none.........

Image I was under the same understanding, that's why I asked for clarification, with supporting corroboration if available. Image
DreamRyderX
Pitbull terrier

Postby Texan » 14 Jul 2019, 14:11

DonDeeHippy wrote:
Texan wrote:

25 years ago, were you allowed to defend your home in Australia without much hassle from the law? It seems now as if you have to find out what weapon criminals have and how many of them there are before you can respond with the appropriate force in your own home. If someone is breaking into your home, you should be able to assume the worst and respond with the greatest force you have. If you hear a noise in the night and grab your kids cricket bat and find an unarmed intruder, do you have to ditch the bat and go hand to hand?

I can grab my gun of choice and choose how I respond as soon as I identify that my target is not a family member. I can scare him away, order him to the ground, or shoot him immediately. I have options, even if there are multiple invaders. The law declares that my home is mine to defend from intruders. If they don't want to die, don't break into my house.
Texan
Cheetah

Postby johnsmith » 14 Jul 2019, 16:33

DonDeeHippy wrote:edit found this wonderful link, notice most are with dogs.

damn ... i might have to take up pig hunting. :hot
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby DreamRyderX » 14 Jul 2019, 18:34

Texan wrote:25 years ago, were you allowed to defend your home in Australia without much hassle from the law? It seems now as if you have to find out what weapon criminals have and how many of them there are before you can respond with the appropriate force in your own home. If someone is breaking into your home, you should be able to assume the worst and respond with the greatest force you have. If you hear a noise in the night and grab your kids cricket bat and find an unarmed intruder, do you have to ditch the bat and go hand to hand?

I can grab my gun of choice and choose how I respond as soon as I identify that my target is not a family member. I can scare him away, order him to the ground, or shoot him immediately. I have options, even if there are multiple invaders. The law declares that my home is mine to defend from intruders. If they don't want to die, don't break into my house.

That's what I love about Gun Laws like Texas has........the law is heavily weighted on the side of the law-abiding citizen, beset upon by an unwelcome intruder/attacker. The option to use force is on the gun owning citizen's side, who decides what level of force they can use.

Source: WFFA
Texas' castle doctrine, or castle law, protects you from legal troubles if you are ever placed in a situation where you have to use force or deadly force to protect yourself against an intruder who poses a threat......

......."The castle doctrine is something Texas has in place so if anyone unlawfully enters your home or vehicle, especially forcefully, you have the right to use deadly force," Garcia said. "And the law is going to assume you had the right to do so.".......

From what I gleaned, you are not required to retreat, & you have the authority to stand your ground.

Also, you do not have any requirement to determine the level of threat, limiting you to respond in kind.

If the intruder forcefully makes entry, deadly force is, as you note, your legal option, & the choice is solely yours......the law assumes you are justified the moment the intruder enters your dwelling.

Nice to know the Texas Law has your back, & is on your side, rather than being your legal adversary, where they would force you to prove, at your expense, that your use of deadly force was justified.

As I see it the Criminal is being justly held completely accountable for his/her unlawful decision,
& it could cost them their life. Image

DreamRyderX
Pitbull terrier

Postby DonDeeHippy » 15 Jul 2019, 07:00

Dax wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:
Texan wrote:

Which state allows you to keep a gun in your house for self defence, I know of none.

well let me rephrase that anyone can have a gun in their house in Australia if they want to bother to get a licence. If they happen to use it for self defence, I suppose that's up to them :purple
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby DonDeeHippy » 15 Jul 2019, 07:23

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-01/ ... d/10853652
The question of what legally qualifies as self-defence when intruders enter your property was recently at the centre of a high-profile case in the NT Supreme Court.
A jury last week found Top End identity Michael Denigan not guilty of unlawfully causing serious harm.
The charge stemmed from a night in February 2017 when Mr Denigan shot a man in the leg on his rural Darwin property.

"You can certainly detain someone who's invading your home or your business, but you can't cause grievous harm or kill them — it's got to be reasonable force.
"But in some situations, if the person's armed or there's an imminent threat to your life or your family's life, then you can exercise a more lethal level of force."
Police say property theft and home invasion are some of the most common crimes in the NT but advise against keeping a weapon in the home for protection.
They say they offer this advice because intruders may grab the weapon and use it themselves.

So yes you cant get a gun in Australia for self defence... you can get it for sport shooting, so anyone can join a gun club and have a riffle, as this article points out if you use that "sport rifle" to defend your house and shoot someone then your still within the law and not a criminal doing so.
I love how the police say, don't use a gun for self defence because it's against the law, they say it's because the perp might take it off you... makes you wonder...
I for one think it's a good idea for the average person to be part of a gun club, for the care, use and respect of their rifle....

I did some searching and in the last 25 years the new laws have been around no one has gone to jail defending their house with a gun.....of course my searching skills could just be crap.

It would be interesting to see in the last 25 years how many people have been shot from home invasions to see if it's really the problem gun lovers say it is..
:purple :bike
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby Bongalong » 15 Jul 2019, 14:19

DreamRyderX wrote:
Dax wrote:
..........Which state allows you to keep a gun in your house for self defence, I know of none.........

Image I was under the same understanding, that's why I asked for clarification, with supporting corroboration if available. Image

Done (aka DUN :bgrin ) Dee doesn't do shite(aka DOO-DOO :tweed :tweed :Hi :bgrin )... :Hi
Last edited by Bongalong on 15 Jul 2019, 14:24, edited 1 time in total.
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 15 Jul 2019, 14:23

DonDeeHippy wrote:https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-01/home-invasion-self-defence-law-explained/10853652
The question of what legally qualifies as self-defence when intruders enter your property was recently at the centre of a high-profile case in the NT Supreme Court.
A jury last week found Top End identity Michael Denigan not guilty of unlawfully causing serious harm.
The charge stemmed from a night in February 2017 when Mr Denigan shot a man in the leg on his rural Darwin property.

"You can certainly detain someone who's invading your home or your business, but you can't cause grievous harm or kill them — it's got to be reasonable force.
"But in some situations, if the person's armed or there's an imminent threat to your life or your family's life, then you can exercise a more lethal level of force."
Police say property theft and home invasion are some of the most common crimes in the NT but advise against keeping a weapon in the home for protection.
They say they offer this advice because intruders may grab the weapon and use it themselves.

So yes you cant get a gun in Australia for self defence... you can get it for sport shooting, so anyone can join a gun club and have a riffle, as this article points out if you use that "sport rifle" to defend your house and shoot someone then your still within the law and not a criminal doing so.
I love how the police say, don't use a gun for self defence because it's against the law, they say it's because the perp might take it off you... makes you wonder...
I for one think it's a good idea for the average person to be part of a gun club, for the care, use and respect of their rifle....

I did some searching and in the last 25 years the new laws have been around no one has gone to jail defending their house with a gun.....of course my searching skills could just be crap.

It would be interesting to see in the last 25 years how many people have been shot from home invasions to see if it's really the problem gun lovers say it is..
:purple :bike

It's basic martial arts philosphy to tell the student to never pick up a weapon or the attacker may take it off you and use it against you... so the ball becomes in your court and that is why it becomes, in the end, so philosophical!

It's your choice in the end!
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby DreamRyderX » 21 Jul 2019, 09:23

.................Noncompliance Kneecaps New Zealand's Gun Control Scheme

..................Image

Source: REASON
Once again, responding to a horrendous crime by inflicting knee-jerk, authoritarian restrictions on innocent people proves to be an ineffective means of convincing people to obey. Specifically, New Zealand's government—which also stepped up censorship and domestic surveillance after bloody attacks on two Christchurch mosques earlier this year—is running into stiff resistance to new gun rules from firearms owners who are slow to surrender now-prohibited weapons and will probably never turn them in.

Officials should have seen it coming.

"Police are anticipating a number of people with banned firearms in their possession won't surrender them," Stuff reported at the end of May, based on internal government documents.

As of last week, only around 700 weapons had been turned over. There are an estimated 1.5 million guns—with an unknown number subject to the new prohibition on semiautomatic firearms—in the country overall.

Traditionally relaxed in its approach to firearms regulation, and enjoying a low crime rate, New Zealand has no firearms registration rule. That means authorities have no easy way of knowing what guns are in circulation or who owns them.

"These weapons are unlikely to be confiscated by police because they don't know of their existence," Philippa Yasbek of Gun Control NZ admitted. "These will become black-market weapons if their owners choose not to comply with the law and become criminals instead."

Yasbek's organization advocates registering all guns in private hands. But that won't help with gathering guns already in the possession of owners appalled by the government's attack on the rights of innocent people—government attacks, it's worth noting, that come in response to the crimes of one man who explicitly anticipated just such a response.

"I chose firearms for the affect it would have on social discourse," the killer wrote in a document he released to explain his crimes. "The gun owners of New Zealand are a beaten, miserable bunch of baby boomers, who have long since given up the fight. When was the last time they won increased rights? Their loss was inevitable. I just accelerated things a bit."

Politicians fulfilled the murderer's predictions with panic-driven legislation.

That gun owners would, in large numbers, defy restrictions should have been anticipated by anybody who knows the history of government attempts to disarm their subjects—or who just glanced across the Tasman Sea to Australia.

"In Australia it is estimated that only about 20% of all banned self-loading rifles have been given up to the authorities," wrote Franz Csaszar, professor of criminology at the University of Vienna, after Australia's 1996 compensated confiscation of firearms following a mass murder in Port Arthur, Tasmania. Csaszar put the number of illegally retained arms in Australia at between two and five million.

"Many members of the community still possess grey-market firearms because they did not surrender these during the 1996–97 gun buyback," the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission conceded in a 2016 report. "The Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission continues to conservatively estimate that there are more than 260,000 firearms in the illicit firearms market."

Just as Australian police named "outlaw motorcycle gangs, Middle Eastern organised crime groups, and other groups engaged in trafficking illicit commodities such as drugs" as beneficiaries of the prohibition-fueled black market in firearms, underground organizations are similarly poised to prosper in New Zealand. Gangs in the island nation announced very loudly after the new legislation was introduced that they wouldn't be surrendering their own weapons.

"Will gangs get rid of their weapons? No," one prominent gang leader told Stuff. "Because of who we are, we can't guarantee our own safety."

So Kiwis who actually do comply with the confiscation scheme will put themselves at a disadvantage relative to violent gangs that don't intend to obey.

They would also be putting themselves at a disadvantage relative to the government, which is retaining its own weapons despite a distinct lack of competence (in April, a police station provided one-stop, discount gun shopping for an enterprising burglar) and intends to further squeeze the country's liberty. Even before the latest law has been fully implemented, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern is planning more gun legislation, including registration. Additionally, the Security Intelligence Service stepped up domestic spying after the mosque attacks and saw a big boost in its funding courtesy of the latest budget.

Arguably, defiant gun owners are just being realistic in seeing little to gain by obeying restrictive laws that have their greatest impact on those who pose no threat to their neighbors.

Fulfilling internal police expectations, some Kiwis openly boast of defying the law—especially with compensation rates set well below the value of the firearms that are supposed to be surrendered. The low turn-in numbers suggest they're matching words with action.

And who can claim to be surprised? By refusing to comply with restrictions, New Zealand gun owners are just following in the footsteps of their counterparts in Australia, Europe, and the United States. In each of these places, and many more besides, gun owners ignored laws, kept their property out of sight, and frustrated efforts to disarm them.

If New Zealand's political class had looked to the history of gun control efforts they would have seen that they were walking a well-trodden path that leads to a dead end. But then again, if they had enough foresight to know that ill-considered restrictions on personal liberty are usually counterproductive and often breed rebellion, they probably wouldn't have gone into government.

Non-Compliance is a defiantly effective means of Nullification! Image......ImageImageImage

...................................................Image

DreamRyderX
Pitbull terrier

Postby Dax » 21 Jul 2019, 13:45

Listen drop kick, the same thing happened in Aus when they first brought in the gun laws. It's understandable that many law abiding people would get pissed off at having their guns taken away from them, that's human nature. Since that time they have had gun amnesties where you can drop off your illegal weapons with no repercussions from the law and every time they have an amnesty, they get any more guns handed in.

It'll be the same in NZ, once people realise just keeping a certain gun may bring the law down on them, when they can't use it legally anywhere and the chances of them having to use it, diminish as time goes on. So they will hand them in over time, kiwi's are pretty smart people, unlike yanks, so they come round over time. In the USA, it's just more guns more guns more guns and we will solve the problem. How's that working for you :rofl .
Dax
Cheetah

Postby Texan » 21 Jul 2019, 14:00

Dax wrote:Listen drop kick, the same thing happened in Aus when they first brought in the gun laws. It's understandable that many law abiding people would get pissed off at having their guns taken away from them, that's human nature. Since that time they have had gun amnesties where you can drop off your illegal weapons with no repercussions from the law and every time they have an amnesty, they get any more guns handed in.

It'll be the same in NZ, once people realise just keeping a certain gun may bring the law down on them, when they can't use it legally anywhere and the chances of them having to use it, diminish as time goes on. So they will hand them in over time, kiwi's are pretty smart people, unlike yanks, so they come round over time. In the USA, it's just more guns more guns more guns and we will solve the problem. How's that working for you :rofl .

Works fine for me.

Good joke that's been going around for years:

I made a traffic stop on an elderly lady the other day for speeding on U.S. 166 Eastbound at Mile Marker 73 just East of Sedan, KS. I asked for her driver’s license, registration, and proof of insurance. The lady took out the required information and handed it to me. In with the cards I was somewhat surprised (due to her advanced age) to see she had a conceal carry permit. I looked at her and ask if she had a weapon in her possession at this time.
She responded that she indeed had a .45 automatic in her glove box. Something — body language, or the way she said it — made me want to ask if she had any other firearms. She did admit to also having a 9mm Glock in her center console. Now I had to ask one more time if that was all. She responded once again that she did have just one more, a .38 special in her purse. I then asked her what was she so afraid of.

She looked me right in the eye and said, “Not a damn thing!”
Texan
Cheetah

PreviousNext

Return to Politics