Why is the United States a shit-hole?

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: Why is the United States a shit-hole?

Postby johnsmith » 02 Jul 2019, 15:34

Bongalong wrote:
SethBullock wrote:In this country, flying the flag is just a way of showing love and respect.

That's great: it's just not our tradition! We go to Anzac Day and remember the fallen soldiers and that's it: sporting events the flag comes out but that's about it. They sing the anthem at Grand Finals etc... That's about it :bike

But once thing is a dead set certainty in Australia: we respect those who fell at war... that's why so many people are pissed at immigration because these people don't respect the values our war dead fought for. They all get like a $100, 000 dollars as soon as they get settled in Australia. Of course they need ahouse with that so that pushes up the price of houses and decreases everyones wages... and they don't give a shite about our culture. The Muslims have all got their separate school which of course turns into enclaves when they get to adulthood: atleast the Chinese, Italians and Vietnamese mixed with us like normal human beings.... atleast as kids anyway.

every single thing you wrote in that statement is a load of rubbish
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 02 Jul 2019, 15:50

Part of the reason the US and the UK are shitholes is that these were countries at the forefront of introducing neoliberalism.

Neoliberalism is Robin Hood in reverse: it takes from the poor, the sick, the students etc etc and gives to the already obscenely rich. Trumpy’s tax cuts are one such move. Like here, Costello’s many tax cuts for the rich forever paid when a once in a lifetime boom is happening means that to get anywhere near a surplus programs like education, social welfare (people who will never work again being put on NewStart instead of the invalid support pension, NewStart never being increased relative to average wages etc) and other savage cuts to try and get a pretend, mingy little surplus.

The US with its low minimum wage sees the results of this first—people living in trailer (caravan) parks. I saw a lot of slinging off at people living in “doublewides” on the rat chat (home brewing chat.)

In England fifteen years of “austerity” (only for the poor, the rich are going gamgbusters!) saw 30,000 die when the “Beast from the East” hit. If people had been left alone hardly any death toll.

Need to separate and remove neoliberalism from liberalism, from capitalism. All three countries must do this. Trumpys and Johnsons and scummos do not help. Here we will see within 10 years a HUGE shortfall in generation capacity. The US will not be far behind us, I think.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Bongalong » 02 Jul 2019, 16:04

johnsmith wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
SethBullock wrote:In this country, flying the flag is just a way of showing love and respect.

That's great: it's just not our tradition! We go to Anzac Day and remember the fallen soldiers and that's it: sporting events the flag comes out but that's about it. They sing the anthem at Grand Finals etc... That's about it :bike

But once thing is a dead set certainty in Australia: we respect those who fell at war... that's why so many people are pissed at immigration because these people don't respect the values our war dead fought for. They all get like a $100, 000 dollars as soon as they get settled in Australia. Of course they need ahouse with that so that pushes up the price of houses and decreases everyones wages... and they don't give a shite about our culture. The Muslims have all got their separate school which of course turns into enclaves when they get to adulthood: atleast the Chinese, Italians and Vietnamese mixed with us like normal human beings.... atleast as kids anyway.

F you're a loser mate! :bike
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby johnsmith » 02 Jul 2019, 16:29

Bongalong wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Bongalong wrote:

a loser who can spot a load of rubbish from a mile away
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby DonDeeHippy » 02 Jul 2019, 17:17

Texan wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:
Texan wrote:
mothra wrote:
Texan wrote:
hatty wrote:the US is a laughing stock.

and as such wish to do what they always do and start another pointless fucking war.

(more money for the NRA and Bell helicopters)

war is good for industry as no one wants to buy their shit cars anymore.

plus i've heard on these boards that they make the best weapons to sell so they sell them to the saudis and brag about it.

WAR! it's fan fucking tastic!

i just hope they don't drag us into it again.

Laugh all you want. I can't hear you.

Bell Helicopter, Texas Instruments, Raytheon, Grumman, and Lockheed Martin are good customers of mine.

We keep the best weapons for ourselves.

War sucks, even if you win.

If you don't want to join us in war, then don't. Personally, I'd like to close down most foreign bases and bring some troops and weapons systems home. The EU would have a conniption if we brought home our missile defenses and our fighters. Trump has a pretty good record of keeping us out of war and not bowing to foreign leaders. If he were president when I was in the military, I might have stayed in to retirement. I think my son might just do that.

And this beats at the heart of precisely what is wrong with America. You're utter obsession with conflict, at the total expense of your own people.

I was trying to explain this to my son last night; that what America actually intended when it started out was pretty great. Freedom of the (white) individual, opportunity, autonomy etc.

Where it went so horribly wrong is that you built absolutely no social infrastructure into it.

Well, if you ever did, you got so scared of communists that you got rid of it.

Instead you spend all of you money on being more powerful than everyone else and tell each other that makes you better. And so convinced are you of this, you keep telling everyone else too. Unnervingly often by blowing them up.

It doesn't.

All your money on war. Children malnourished and denied medical care. People dying outside of hospitals. People dying for lack of medical care freely available in most other westernised countries. Killing weach other in the streets. Homelessness. Incredible poverty. Whole cities fallen into despair from neglect. Crime through the roof. Absolutely farcical economic division.

But you've got some really nice planes. You keep showing us.

Freedom comes from responsibility and self reliance. Nobody is responsible for my well being but myself. If I choose to be homeless and beg for money, then you wouldn't owe me a thing. Any hard times I receive would be my fault and my fault alone. Over my lifetime, I've given $100k to charity and well over another $100k for taxes. I'm still making payments on my house. I can't afford to feed and house the entire world that is sneaking over our borders and stealing from my government. I don't even owe anything to those of the US who are too lazy to work. They are taking from my kids and they can do without. We have people on welfare who are 4th or 5th generation welfare recipients. I'm all for helping the disabled, but not the lazy or those here illegally.

I think the biggest thing you are missing is that your Government has stolen off of you and every fellow citizen (same as Australia)...
Look at a country like Norway, 1 Trillion Dollars in front (with only 5 million people), Free medical, free education and good welfare all around, proportion to their population they take in the same amount of Immigrants...
Your government and business have turned a blind eye to Illegal immigrants for decades.. they love the cheep labour.. It's only become a problem since Trump wanted to build a political wall.
If your government where serious about getting rid of Illegal immigrants it would of started measures decades ago... Hell you can employ one and not get in trouble....If they made it so if someone is caught employing a illegal they go to jail things would change very quickly...

When you think about it why would anyone cross the border into America if they knew they couldn't get a job? As it is now , you where saying your dad had a hard time because all the competition where using Illegal's…
When your President has quite happily used illegals on his workforce for years why would he bring in laws to stop it now... :purple

Illegal immigration has been a problem here for my entire adult life. I've lost 3 friends to the crimes of illegal aliens. 2 of them in 1986 and another in 1993. In 1995, I almost lost my son to meningitis because the ER was full of illegals who used the EMERGENCY room to get treated for the sniffles. His fever was 106.(41+C) They get free education and once they have an anchor baby, they get welfare. They work off the books so they can still claim welfare and they don't get car insurance so I have to get extra insurance to cover me when they cause wrecks. A friend of mine was left stranded on the side of the highway in downtown Dallas after an illegal crashed into his car and ran away. Illegals and Mexican cartels bring drugs. Don't tell me that it's just now a problem.

Then why don't they send Employers to jail if they hire them and police it... I'm sorry for the hardships you have encountered but it doesn't sound like Business and the Government are really doing anything about the problem and haven't done anything for decades....

Tell me have you or your friends ever used cheep illegal labour ? I hear they do house keeping, gardening and lots of menial jobs for businesses a lot....

If you find any of your friends do it, do you go at them guns blazing (figuratively) about how they are being responsible for your countries problems....

Do you actively make sure illegal labour doesn't happen in your neighbourhood, or is it someone else's problem...

With friends dead and even your own son getting affected I'm sure you do a lot to make sure your neighbourhood doesn't encourage this behaviour.. :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby SethBullock » 02 Jul 2019, 23:45

DonDeeHippy wrote:Then why don't they send Employers to jail if they hire them and police it... I'm sorry for the hardships you have encountered but it doesn't sound like Business and the Government are really doing anything about the problem and haven't done anything for decades....

You're right that they haven't done anything about it for decades. That's one of the reasons Trump got elected.

DonDeeHippy wrote:Tell me have you or your friends ever used cheep illegal labour ? I hear they do house keeping, gardening and lots of menial jobs for businesses a lot....

I employ a yard service and a house cleaning service. Both are reputable companies, and I seriously doubt that either one knowingly employs illegal immigrants. But as their client, there is no way I can know if any of their employees are illegal with 100% surety. These services are not cheap, and I am certain that these workers who come to my house are earning considerably above minimum wage.
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby Texan » 03 Jul 2019, 01:39

I take care of my yard, do my own home and car maintenance, and I rarely hire anybody for anything. I don’t check the credentials of people my neighbors hire. I’ve always had sons to help and my dad is very handy and knowledgeable as a retired carpenter.
Texan
Cheetah

Postby DonDeeHippy » 03 Jul 2019, 07:07

Wouldn't it be better to make it illegal to hire anyone without a green card , the wall wont solve the people that are already in your country... Also set up stations where those that shouldn't be there are processed and deported or made legal.... This will solve your existing problems and pretty much stop more coming, after all going to a country where you cant find work isn't very attractive...
Maybe it's because the USA will collapse if all the Illegal immigrants that work are stopped...
Almost every movie and TV show you see about America (I know is highly distorted) shows illegals working, usually the house staff, gardeners ,restaurant staff, cleaners, Put these Business's and Families in Jail if they hire a person that isn't allowed to work.
No work you will find the crossings will be the other way ……. :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby SethBullock » 03 Jul 2019, 07:29

DonDeeHippy wrote:Wouldn't it be better to make it illegal to hire anyone without a green card , the wall wont solve the people that are already in your country... Also set up stations where those that shouldn't be there are processed and deported or made legal.... This will solve your existing problems and pretty much stop more coming, after all going to a country where you cant find work isn't very attractive...
Maybe it's because the USA will collapse if all the Illegal immigrants that work are stopped...
Almost every movie and TV show you see about America (I know is highly distorted) shows illegals working, usually the house staff, gardeners ,restaurant staff, cleaners, Put these Business's and Families in Jail if they hire a person that isn't allowed to work.

Stop! You're making too much sense.

The thing is, Don, that if sensible people sat down around a table and bargained a bit, the entire framework for an effective immigration system could be settled upon in less than an hour, I'd say.

But, that's too much to ask from our Congress ...

Just one thing to correct you on, OK?

The U.S. doesn't mind issuing work visas to Mexican and South American citizens. All they have to do is come in legally. We don't need illegal border crossers to get work done in the U.S. that needs to get done. We can take as many as we need, legally.

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby DonDeeHippy » 03 Jul 2019, 07:54

SethBullock wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:Wouldn't it be better to make it illegal to hire anyone without a green card , the wall wont solve the people that are already in your country... Also set up stations where those that shouldn't be there are processed and deported or made legal.... This will solve your existing problems and pretty much stop more coming, after all going to a country where you cant find work isn't very attractive...

Stop! You're making too much sense.

The thing is, Don, that if sensible people sat down around a table and bargained a bit, the entire framework for an effective immigration system could be settled upon in less than an hour, I'd say.

But, that's too much to ask from our Congress ...

Just one thing to correct you on, OK?

The U.S. doesn't mind issuing work visas to Mexican and South American citizens. All they have to do is come in legally. We don't need illegal border crossers to get work done in the U.S. that needs to get done. We can take as many as we need, legally.

Is that a Green card ? Or is that a more permanent thing ?
But you don't as a nation, it's much cheaper to exploit the illegal Immigrants... I'm sure those that have working visas would legally have to be paid more and have rights under your government..... :purple
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby greggerypeccary » 03 Jul 2019, 10:12

SethBullock wrote:We don't need illegal border crossers to get work done in the U.S. that needs to get done.

You might want to tell that to your President.

He has a very long history of employing illegal immigrants.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby hatty » 04 Jul 2019, 10:12

happy 4th of July our american friends......

/serious!!

at least you kids still get to let off fireworks!!

silver lining and all that
hatty
Cheetah

Postby DonDeeHippy » 04 Jul 2019, 10:33

I remember 4th of July as a kid, used to be able to buy themed boxes full of different exploding stuff, plus just the 50-100 firecrackers all joined together.... I remember always trying to hide a few for a rainy day to keep the fun alive for the year.... :purple
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby hatty » 04 Jul 2019, 10:37

DonDeeHippy wrote:I remember 4th of July as a kid, used to be able to buy themed boxes full of different exploding stuff, plus just the 50-100 firecrackers all joined together.... I remember always trying to hide a few for a rainy day to keep the fun alive for the year.... :purple

hahaha..... me too!

i miss that
hatty
Cheetah

Postby DonDeeHippy » 04 Jul 2019, 10:41

hatty wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:I remember 4th of July as a kid, used to be able to buy themed boxes full of different exploding stuff, plus just the 50-100 firecrackers all joined together.... I remember always trying to hide a few for a rainy day to keep the fun alive for the year.... :purple

hahaha..... me too!

i miss that

I was very disappointed to find the guy fawks day here had banned fireworks..... so what's a few missing fingers and eyes in the scheme of things ?
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby hatty » 04 Jul 2019, 10:58

haha.... bonfire night is now not a thing in the UK......?

damn shame
hatty
Cheetah

Postby HBS Guy » 04 Jul 2019, 11:23

In Holland the Christmass trees are piled up in intersections on New Years Eve and the pile set on fire. In some neighborhoods you were likely to find a small car had been in the middle of the heap.

Yeah, Guy Fawkes should have been kept—bit of a rite of male passage, being allowed to do more and more lighting of fireworks each year. Now the rite of passage is to get drunk and kill oneself in a car accident.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Dax » 04 Jul 2019, 11:49

Tom thumbs were the crackers all joined together, nothing like lighting a string of tom thumbs beside some one and watching them move fast.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby Bongalong » 04 Jul 2019, 11:50

LOL :rofl :WTF :WTF :WTF :WTF :WTF :rofl :rofl : That's why they get paid so little--> because it already is illegal....

:tweed :tweed :tweed :tweed :tweed :rofl
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 04 Jul 2019, 11:56

johnsmith wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Bongalong wrote:

a loser who can spot a load of rubbish from a mile away

Lol, you're a loser who can't examine your own culture because you're too ashamed of it :Hi
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby DonDeeHippy » 04 Jul 2019, 12:06

Bongalong wrote:

LOL :rofl :WTF :WTF :WTF :WTF :WTF :rofl :rofl : That's why they get paid so little--> because it already is illegal....

yes that's right Bongy, the problem is it's not illegal to hire them, if they started putting people in jail for hiring these people then the problem would be much less.... :purple
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby Bongalong » 04 Jul 2019, 12:16

DonDeeHippy wrote:
Bongalong wrote:

yes that's right Bongy, the problem is it's not illegal to hire them, if they started putting people in jail for hiring these people then the problem would be much less.... :purple

So why have a Green Card process if it's not needed?
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby SethBullock » 04 Jul 2019, 13:30

hatty wrote:happy 4th of July our american friends......

/serious!!

Thanks, Hatty

July 4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby hatty » 04 Jul 2019, 13:44

SethBullock wrote:
hatty wrote:happy 4th of July our american friends......

/serious!!

Thanks, Hatty

July 4.jpg

at the risk of infuriating DRAH i was hoping england would win in the semi........... however..... good luck in the final!

/world cup has been awesome!

/soccer tragic :rain
hatty
Cheetah

Postby johnsmith » 04 Jul 2019, 17:23

Happy 4th July yankees

:thumb :thumb :thumb
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

PreviousNext

Return to Politics