Why is the United States a shit-hole?

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: Why is the United States a shit-hole?

Postby SethBullock » 05 Jul 2019, 10:59

hatty wrote:i just miss cracker nite.......

but good question miranda..........

seth?

From Wiki ...

"Independence Day (colloquial: the Fourth of July) is a federal holiday in the United States commemorating the Declaration of Independence of the United States, on July 4, 1776. The Continental Congress declared that the thirteen American colonies were no longer subject (and subordinate) to the monarch of Britain and were now united, free, and independent states.[1] The Congress had voted to secede two days earlier, on July 2, but it was not declared until July 4.[1]"

"From the outset, Americans celebrated independence on July 4, the date shown on the much-publicized Declaration of Independence, rather than on July 2, the date the resolution of independence was approved in a closed session of Congress.[8]"
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
SethBullock
Jaguar

spamone: Animal

Postby Miranda » 05 Jul 2019, 11:19

That just tells me that Wiki doesn’t know either.

Surely an American, with a wealth of American history, taught via American schools, would know?
Miranda
Pitbull terrier

Postby SethBullock » 05 Jul 2019, 11:55

Miranda wrote:That just tells me that Wiki doesn’t know either.

Surely an American, with a wealth of American history, taught via American schools, would know?

What difference does it make?
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby Bongalong » 05 Jul 2019, 12:05

SethBullock wrote:

Girl Power :roll
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby hatty » 05 Jul 2019, 12:09

maybe that wikipedia isn't all that reliable?

shit i could write that i scored for brasil in the world cup final on wiki.
hatty
mountain lion

Postby Bongalong » 05 Jul 2019, 12:23

hatty wrote:maybe that wikipedia isn't all that reliable?

So why don't ya? :roll
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Miranda » 05 Jul 2019, 12:34

Bongalong wrote:
SethBullock wrote:

Girl Power :roll

It only matters to history. Does history matter to Americans,or, do you not want the truth getting in the way of a good story.
Miranda
Pitbull terrier

Postby hatty » 05 Jul 2019, 12:38

Bongalong wrote:

cause no one would believe it :oops

there is enough fake news on the internet
hatty
mountain lion

Postby Bongalong » 05 Jul 2019, 12:50

hatty wrote:
Bongalong wrote:

No shit dickhead! It's like you pretend you know stuff mate lol :bgrin
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby hatty » 05 Jul 2019, 13:04

Bongalong wrote:
hatty wrote:
Bongalong wrote:

No shit dickhead! It's like you pretend you know stuff mate lol :bgrin

haha drah called me a dickhead........ happy friday drah
hatty
mountain lion

Postby HBS Guy » 05 Jul 2019, 13:30

SethBullock wrote:Picture taken from a vista a couple miles from my house.

Yamhill County 2 (2).png

Nice!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 05 Jul 2019, 13:36

Auggie wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:Nope. WAY overdue to get rid of the Brit royalty. FFS effective independence was 118 years ago!

You guys need a break-up letter too.

And yet, our Constitutional Monarchy has a better standard of living than your Republic.

Isn't ironic, don't you think?

Let the current huge tax cut work its way and we too will neglect our aged, unemployed, health, education and infrastructure too. We do not have the horror of regular mass shootings is the main difference.

Neoliberalism is the curse that eats democracies and economies. Not that much difference.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 05 Jul 2019, 13:39

Auggie wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:Nope. WAY overdue to get rid of the Brit royalty. FFS effective independence was 118 years ago!

I think you're missing the point - that what has contributed to the success of our country has been the institutions of our government, which the Monarchy is a large part of.

An old bitch on the other side of the world has no part in our democracy. Time to do away with the remnants of it. The US is the oldest democracy, BTW.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby DreamRyderX » 05 Jul 2019, 15:09

HBS Guy wrote:
Auggie wrote:

I think you're missing the point - that what has contributed to the success of our country has been the institutions of our government, which the Monarchy is a large part of.

An old bitch on the other side of the world has no part in our democracy. Time to do away with the remnants of it. The US is the oldest democracy, BTW.

Those that reference America as a Democracy, even Americans, are incorrect......unless they mean "America's Brand of Democracy".

All kidding aside, the American Founding Fathers held Democracy in contempt. They loathed Democracy, that's why they chose to create America as a Republic.....A Constitutional Republic, loosely based on a few Democratic principals.

Plato wrote in The Republic, “And so tyranny naturally arises out of democracy.”

The Founding Fathers despised democracies. They desired democratic principles, but not a democracy. As Plato decrees above, a democracy can easily be commandeered to establish a totalitarian state. The Founders inherently understood this, and wholly rejected forming a democracy.

The US Constitution is not an instrument for the US Government to restrain the American People,
it is an instrument for the American People to restrain the US Government.
-- Patrick Henry
DreamRyderX
Jack Russell

Postby Bongalong » 05 Jul 2019, 15:20

DreamRyderX wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:
Auggie wrote:

Those that reference America as a Democracy, even Americans, are incorrect......unless they mean "America's Brand of Democracy".

All kidding aside, the American Founding Fathers held Democracy in contempt. They loathed Democracy, that's why they chose to create America as a Republic.....A Constitutional Republic, loosely based on a few Democratic principals.

Plato wrote in The Republic, “And so tyranny naturally arises out of democracy.”

The Founding Fathers despised democracies. They desired democratic principles, but not a democracy. As Plato decrees above, a democracy can easily be commandeered to establish a totalitarian state. The Founders inherently understood this, and wholly rejected forming a democracy.

Nietszche reckoned that the basic fallacy of democracy was that it thought it could choose a leader... someone else on this forum thought that democracy didn't work in large groups but I can't remember who said it!
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby johnsmith » 05 Jul 2019, 15:30

SethBullock wrote:

these days everyone breaks up by text :gup :gup
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Bongalong » 05 Jul 2019, 15:31

johnsmith wrote:
SethBullock wrote:

these days everyone breaks up by text :gup :gup

No they don't: it never sticks !! :rofl
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Auggie » 05 Jul 2019, 18:17

HBS Guy wrote:
Auggie wrote:

You do realise that the Monarchy creates a 'dictatorship-proof' system of government. It's impossible to have an autocratic government under this system.
Apart from chattel slavery, Jim Crow, John C Calhoun, the Robber Barons, the Civil War, George Wallace, segregation, Ronald Reagan, violent crime, serial killers and Donald Trump, what makes America the shittest nation on earth?
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby HBS Guy » 05 Jul 2019, 19:36

Crap.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby DonDeeHippy » 06 Jul 2019, 06:43

HBS Guy wrote:
Auggie wrote:

What is the world's oldest democracy? The term democracy, which means “rule by the people,” was coined by the Greeks of ancient Athens to describe their city-state's system of self-rule, which reached its golden age around 430 B.C. under the skilled orator and politician Pericles

http://www.oldest.org/politics/democracies/

Just Like the Yanks to think they have to best the oldest of everything... just like their world championship baseball with only them in it.... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Previous

Return to Politics