Why is the United States a shit-hole?

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Postby Auggie » 28 Jun 2019, 22:26

For e.g. they have the murder rates of any developed nation in the world.

They have the highest rates of poverty. Inner cities are rife with desolate neighbourhoods. Nutrition and food quality is so poor.

Why is this the case?

Why is a America a shit-hole?
Apart from chattel slavery, Jim Crow, John C Calhoun, the Robber Barons, the Civil War, George Wallace, segregation, Ronald Reagan, violent crime, serial killers and Donald Trump, what makes America the shittest nation on earth?
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

spamone: Animal

Re: Why is the United States a shit-hole?

Postby Miranda » 29 Jun 2019, 01:18

What are you talking about? Trump made America great again and will keep it that way. :jump
Miranda
Pitbull terrier

Postby Bongalong » 29 Jun 2019, 02:45

Where is the quantitative argument ?
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 29 Jun 2019, 05:53

Too many guns.

Too much religion

Too litigious
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Texan » 29 Jun 2019, 07:30

It's a shithole for those who are too lazy to work, to stupid to avoid drugs or responsibilities they can't afford, or too selfish to respect the rights and property of others. I'm doing great, just like all of my friends.
Texan
Cheetah

Postby johnsmith » 29 Jun 2019, 07:42

Texan wrote:It's a shithole for those who are too lazy to work, to stupid to avoid drugs or responsibilities they can't afford, or too selfish to respect the rights and property of others. I'm doing great, just like all of my friends.

and yet you have to avoid certain areas for your own safety or carry a gun to go there.

Sounds awesome :thumb
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Texan » 29 Jun 2019, 07:51

johnsmith wrote:
Texan wrote:It's a shithole for those who are too lazy to work, to stupid to avoid drugs or responsibilities they can't afford, or too selfish to respect the rights and property of others. I'm doing great, just like all of my friends.

and yet you have to avoid certain areas for your own safety or carry a gun to go there.

I've worked in 33 states in their worst cities at night without a gun and I've never been beat up or robbed. Must not be too bad.

Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Austin, Chicago, Philadelphia, Indianapolis, Baltimore, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Oakland, Albequerque, Denver, Kansas City, St. Louis, Tampa, Orlando, Washington DC.................. I've even worked in Mexico, but I won't be going back.
Texan
Cheetah

Postby johnsmith » 29 Jun 2019, 07:58

Texan wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

I've worked in 33 states in their worst cities at night without a gun and I've never been beat up or robbed. Must not be too bad.

Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Austin, Chicago, Philadelphia, Indianapolis, Baltimore, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Oakland, Albequerque, Denver, Kansas City, St. Louis, Tampa, Orlando, Washington DC.................. I've even worked in Mexico, but I won't be going back.

yet the other day you were telling us you won't go into cinemas or restaurants that don't allow concealed carry
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Texan » 29 Jun 2019, 08:03

johnsmith wrote:
Texan wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

yet the other day you were telling us you won't go into cinemas or restaurants that don't allow concealed carry

It's not because I'm afraid. It's because I don't support their opinion of my 2A rights. I respect their private property rights and take my business elsewhere.
Texan
Cheetah

Postby greggerypeccary » 29 Jun 2019, 08:59

HBS Guy wrote:Too many guns.

Too much religion

Too litigious

Yes, agreed.

And this isn't helping:

greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Dax » 29 Jun 2019, 10:00

Texan wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Texan wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

It's not because I'm afraid. It's because I don't support their opinion of my 2A rights. I respect their private property rights and take my business elsewhere.

What other sensible sane reason is there to carry a gun, if you aren't shit scared to go anywhere without one. Makes no sense whatsoever and lacks any form of rational logic.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby Auggie » 29 Jun 2019, 12:07

So, how do you explain the high homicides rates in America? In cities like St Louis, Los Angeles, Baltimore, etc.?
Apart from chattel slavery, Jim Crow, John C Calhoun, the Robber Barons, the Civil War, George Wallace, segregation, Ronald Reagan, violent crime, serial killers and Donald Trump, what makes America the shittest nation on earth?
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby Bongalong » 29 Jun 2019, 12:30

Auggie wrote:

So, how do you explain the high homicides rates in America? In cities like St Louis, Los Angeles, Baltimore, etc.?

Drugs and gangs.
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Auggie » 29 Jun 2019, 13:20

Bongalong wrote:
Auggie wrote:

Drugs and gangs.

Next question: why are there so many drugs and gangs?
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby Bongalong » 29 Jun 2019, 13:49

Because people are economically struggling.
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Auggie » 29 Jun 2019, 13:54

Bongalong wrote:Because people are economically struggling.

Thank you. Which is why you support Bernie Sanders.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby Bongalong » 29 Jun 2019, 14:01

Auggie wrote:
Bongalong wrote:Because people are economically struggling.

Thank you. Which is why you support Bernie Sanders.

You're a fruitcake mate! Sorry, you're a shithole ...
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby johnsmith » 29 Jun 2019, 14:13

Texan wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Texan wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

the last time you said that it was because you didn't think it was safe

don't get me wrong, I don't agree with the premise of the thread title. Sure there are things in the US that in my humble opinion could be changed, but there are also many positives about the US.
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Dax » 29 Jun 2019, 14:17

When I first went to the USA back in the late 1960's, it was a great place, pretty safe and even the cops were pretty cool. Over the years it has changed to now, so dangerous and bizarre, not worth going there at all. The coops are aggro, gun crazy and all seem on some form or medication which goes for the majority of yanks and if you think we have fat people here, that is nothing the USA, obesity to them is a sign of a good healthy yank. :rofl

It's cities are collapsing, everything is old, run down and the food is the most disgusting on the planet. Just about everything is deep fried, loaded with diaries, salt sugars, just junk and bloody awful to eat. Their beer is the pits, tastes crap and extremely watery.

Mind you today a large proportion of Aus food is no different but yanks take pleasure in making their food as greasy and uneatable as possible.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby Miranda » 29 Jun 2019, 14:58

Who cares? Not I.

It’s a foreign country with foreign customs. It’s like trying to rationalise between broccoli and cauliflower-related but different.

Anything said about America from our Americans members should be treated as biased given that they are proudly patriotic with a propensity to brag. Read the posts from Texan as proof...
Miranda
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 29 Jun 2019, 15:42

We are all proud of our birth country or country of choice—and inclined to overlook its faults.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Miranda » 29 Jun 2019, 15:50

HBS Guy wrote:We are all proud of our birth country or country of choice—and inclined to overlook its faults.

I’m not! I’m most familiar with my birth country, but I’m not patriotic.
Miranda
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 29 Jun 2019, 16:03

I am proud to be an Australian—I chose Australia—but would never fly the flag or do any ra ra nonsense. Especially now bogans fly the flag on their cars, yuck.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Bongalong » 29 Jun 2019, 17:39

Miranda wrote:Who cares? Not I.

It’s a foreign country with foreign customs. It’s like trying to rationalise between broccoli and cauliflower-related but different.

Anything said about America from our Americans members should be treated as biased given that they are proudly patriotic with a propensity to brag. Read the posts from Texan as proof...

Miranda is full of shitttttt...
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 29 Jun 2019, 17:41

HBS Guy wrote:I am proud to be an Australian—I chose Australia—but would never fly the flag or do any ra ra nonsense. Especially now bogans fly the flag on their cars, yuck.

Get a room lol :Hi
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Next

Return to Politics