ADANI- l'lephantin the ..

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

ADANI- l'lephantin the ..

Postby pinkeye » 13 Jun 2019, 23:40

:sad :stop :stop :stop :sad :tweed :tweed

My surprise is no one else has commented on this.!

What a fucking ………………… (add your own adjective.....) fucking disaster. Not to worry. We'll all likely be dead before the truth comes out.

Because you are all either idiot children, or old cranky creaky smart arses who think you know best. HUH. YOU won't pay for that.. your children etc .. WILL.

Ha ha stick it up your arse.. I had a great time so fuck yous all. T
HAT'S the current Australian public view.
The great stinking unwashed masses have spoken, and they WANT their streaming, and their Pool. They WANT the newest car... / UTE.. UTE UTE :roll :roll :roll

pathetic.. they think the biggest coal mine ever proposed OR allowed in Australia, and likely the whole of the Sthn Hemisphere, or perhaps the world...!!! is great.!

You know why ?? 'cos all they care about is themselves.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Re: ADANI- l'lephantin the ..

Postby HBS Guy » 14 Jun 2019, 00:01

And just 100 jobs will result.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby mothra » 14 Jun 2019, 00:51

This jus ripped my heart out.

I read today that the Wangan and Jagalingou people are going to take their case to The Hague but i can't find a source for it anywhere.

Not that it will do any good ... but the symbolism is important.
mothra
Duck

Postby pinkeye » 14 Jun 2019, 02:19

I think that is the only recourse now. It may come down to our oldest peoples to do what they always have... and look after the land as best they can. They understood, and UNDERSTAND Australia better than any corporate fool could ever do.. and we ignore them at our peril. :sad

Lets face it.. Australia has leapt back about 50 years in time.
I don't GET IT.!

How fucking bloody-minded can you get.!!! Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.!! :purple :OMG
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby johnsmith » 14 Jun 2019, 17:48

as long as the govt doesn't put a solitary cent in towards it, let them lose their money
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby pinkeye » 15 Jun 2019, 21:40

All about money.

Now that the previously untouched Galilee Basin has been opened up to Adani, there are at least another 6 or 7 Mine proposals in process. China wants in, Rhinehart wants in.. it's a scrap now.. and the mongrels win.

No, no .. Nth Qld wins nothing out of this in the long run.. Queensland is so backward... rednecks in business rip off their customers, shonks run Councils, and corrupt local government make heaps out of private contractors. From the top to the bottom, Queensland SUCKS.

Sorry Anna.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby Julia » 18 Jun 2019, 08:51

ADANI what a magnificent achievement for Australia and what a kick in the face for the LUNATIC EXTREMIST GREENIES!!!!

In hushed tones Dave documents the demise of the endangered Pala Chook.

Mrs Pala Chook solves the black throated finch problem

How Labor lost its way and the election in ADANI

ADANI makes the schoolboy get nervous

Just think how Bob Brown's idiotic leading of a foaming at the mouth LUNATIC EXTREMIST GREENIES up into ADANI territory and upsetting the locals succeeded in getting Labor shoved into the garbage bin and shamed Pala Chook into approving ADANI.

You would almost think Bob brown was working for ScoMo!!!!
Julia
Pitbull terrier

Postby hatty » 18 Jun 2019, 11:48

The Adani mine and rail project to abbott point terminal has made me sick to the stomach from the get go........

both major parties have been in favour of it.......... pricks.

no major bank will fund it. deutsche bank and barclay's wouldn't touch it with shit on a stick such is their financial, and PR concerns....

Unesco have already put the reef on their endangered list.......

and yet......... it just fucking sailed through....... like all those coal laden ships will through whats left of one of the 7 natural wonders on earth.

So the reef is fucked, the great artesian basin will be drained and contaminated....... just so india can burn more coal further fucking the planet, and a handful of simple, bogans have a job and their new overlords get more minted.

FFS!!
hatty
Cheetah

Postby hatty » 18 Jun 2019, 11:50

Here is an etching i made in 2014:

Then there was trouble # 1

fuck polotics!

anyone who actually is impressed or happy with this (julia and QLD) has no moral compass whatsoever.

our kids are going to love the employment options when everything is under the fucking ocean
hatty
Cheetah

Postby Julia » 18 Jun 2019, 15:19

How little the Lefties actually understand about anything.

But happily try to dictate what other parts of Australia should do while sitting on their armchairs waving their arms around.

The people of Nth Qld want ADANI to proceed to create lots of jobs and generally boost commerce in their area.

India now has access to clean Australian coal.

The next big event in Nth Qld is the first HELE clean coal power station which the govt is funding as a preliminary investigation right now.

Australia is finally chucking the LUNATIC EXTREMIST GREENIES into the garbage tin where they belong.
Julia
Pitbull terrier

Postby Julia » 18 Jun 2019, 16:01

Six more coal mines very likely near ADANI.

Australia is really breaking free of the LUNATIC EXTREMIST GREENIES' death grip.

A new HELE clean coal power station in Nth Qld delivering endless cheap power will really show Australia has trampled the LUNATIC EXTREMIST GREENIES into the dust.

Adani could be 'ice-breaker' for six more proposed Galilee Basin mines, resources body says
By Jemima Burt Updated 12 Jun 2019, 7:39am

PHOTO: Ian Macfarlane from Queensland Resources Council says Adani is "the ice-breaker" for the Galilee Basin. (AAP: Lukas Coch)

A decision on the Adani groundwater management plan is set down for tomorrow with environmentalists saying if the Queensland Government gives the green light it will set a precedent for six other mines also planned for the region and allow Adani to break ground within weeks.

Key points:
There have been six other mine project proposals put before the Federal Department of Environment and Energy
Resources council says the projects following Adani will "have a much easier run"
In the nine years since its inception, Adani has significantly scaled back the estimated coal output for the mine
The Queensland Resources Council (QRC) said the other projects would have a "much easier run" if the rail line was already established and the environmental approvals had been cleared.

QRC chief executive Ian Macfarlane said Adani was "actually the ice-breaker that will lay down those baselines and will provide the infrastructure".

"What's going to happen with the groundwater application and its potential approval is that any further applicants will have not only the infrastructure to get the coal out because the railway line will be there," he said.

"They'll also have a baseline of where they can work from in terms of both the black-throated finch, the groundwater and then thirdly, the general environmental conditions they have to adhere to as part of opening a new basin.

Read all about it here

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06-12/adani-approval-could-be-galilee-basin-ice-breaker/11194510
Julia
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 18 Jun 2019, 21:02

A HELE power station is neither high efficiency nor low emitting.

The Adani mine is not yet operating and still has hurdles to clear: Adani International has to find $2Bn to send to Adani Australia.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 18 Jun 2019, 21:05

AGW is real and those coal mines will make it worse as well as endanger the GBR.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 18 Jun 2019, 22:28

Itisn't over yet. Our overlords think so.. I'm not so sure... WELL actually its fucked... and I despise anyone who thinks its a good idea. Like ffs, YOU get something out of it..?

So the HARM far outweighs any BENEFIT... in the real world, BUT it goes through anyway.

Truly this country, and the small majority of the population that allowed this to happen, are FUCKING MORONS.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby Julia » 19 Jun 2019, 08:35

For the last 200 years or so everyone was quite happy to get cheap power from coal but now suddenly a steadily decreasing minority reckon that is no good.

The renewable experiment has been a failure as it just doesn't work.

For industry to survive here in Australia cheap reliable power is absolutely essential.

But now everybody knows that the evil Greenies want to close down ALL industry in Australia by crippling the power supply as they pursue their ideological UN AGENDA 2030 One World Govt nightmare.

Why should Australia paralyze its economy to achieve nothing while the rest of the world happily takes our work and then sells what was our Australian made goods back to us ?

India will use coal from anywhere in the world but Australia has the best coal in the world so why shouldn't we sell it to them ?

The Great Barrier Reef is quite OK with some normal whitening and is very long and actually consists of several reefs.

And how valid is the Greenies' Climate Change SCAM ? Well Labor found out the hard way when they tried it on and the voters shoved them into the garbage bag.

Mrs Pala Chook was shamed into approving ADANI after Qld voters said they wanted it and dumped Labor into the rubbish tin.
Julia
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Jun 2019, 08:45

AGW is solid science with tons of empirical data behind it. That politicians, fossil fuel interests and their useful idiots like you profess not to believe in AGW does not alter the case that AGW is happening.

The GBR—Great Barrier Reef—is under extreme pressure and mining and burning coal and sending lots more ships through it will not help it. If we lose the reef we will lose more jobs than the automated mines will offer. 100 permanent Adani jobs!

The mines will use groundwater so say goodbye to the GAB—Great Artesian Basin—and the beef cattle industry in the parts of Qld/NT/NSW/SA the GAB waters.

Oh yeah, great news.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Jun 2019, 08:50

Nobody denies that fossil fuels have helped us advance living standards. But they come at a cost: coal and oil burned and the emissions dumped free of charge into the atmosphere. Well, there is now 46% more CO2 in the atmosphere than there was in 1880. And that is warming the world melting the four main ice sheets—Arctic sea ice, Greenland, Himalayan and Antarctic landbased ice sheets. The warming is also seeing pests spread into new areas: weeds, insects that are disease vectors and disease. Much more CO2 and the food value of plants will be less and the competition with weeds more severe.

So those that mine and those that burn should pay a fee to pollute. That will see clean energy sources be developed, more energy efficiency embraced and so on, less fossil fuels burned.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Julia » 19 Jun 2019, 09:02

The futility and absurdity of the uninformed indoctrinated Sensible Labor mind.

Fortunately many thousands of normal straight Australians now are well aware after Alan Jones on 2GB explained it all to them that the Greenies' GLOBAL WARMING is a HOAX and the Greenies' CLIMATE CHANGE is a SCAM.

Just look at the simple facts:-

The Global Warming HOAX was abandoned after a few years when there was no Global Warming and then hastily renamed the CLIMATE CHANGE SCAM by the UN shysters.

After a few more years when there is no sign of any CLIMATE CHANGE SCAM the UN shysters will rename the CLIMATE CHANGE SCAM to something like the ATMOSPHERIC ACTION SHAM.

Go back to when the Club of Rome fabricated the Global Warming HOAX whose express purpose was to transfer wealth from rich to poor nations using the CARBON TAX SCAM. It had nothing whatsoever to do with climate.

The GLOBAL WARMING and carbon dioxide HOAX was invented as a scare campaign to suck in the gullibles of which there are still a few about.
Julia
Pitbull terrier

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Jun 2019, 09:30

Shut the fuck up idiot!

I talked of science, empirical evidence. I knew you had no hope of understanding that. A sensible person in that case would ask questions to find out more. You clearly are not sensible. The question then becomes: do you add value to this board and the answer does appear to be “No!”

So stop with the idiotic lying propaganda. If you don’t know science or politics then maybe post in the cooking thread about cooking. Assuming you can cook.

DROP THE PROPAGANDA SHIT!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Jun 2019, 09:49

Now let us look into the matter of AGW. Here is a graph showing global temperatures—the globe has clearly been warming:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Jun 2019, 09:52

Backtracking a bit, you lied about fewer people believing in AGW. Actually, polls show MORE people are aware of AGW than ever.

Now, we see temps have warmed. “It’s the sun!” cry the more deluded people like YouLiar. If so, please explain this graph
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Jun 2019, 09:53

So, ask me any sensible question about the science of AGW. No more propaganda!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Julia » 19 Jun 2019, 11:00

Well you certainly get emotional about it.

But can you explain why there was a sudden change of the name GLOBAL WARMING to CLIMATE CHANGE ?

I'll tell you why, because there was NO GLOBAL WARMING OCCURRING.

Now NASA is predicting a possible ICE AGE. I can supply a very recent ref but you should already know about it.
Julia
Pitbull terrier

Postby DonDeeHippy » 19 Jun 2019, 11:18

Julia wrote:Well you certainly get emotional about it.

But can you explain why there was a sudden change of the name GLOBAL WARMING to CLIMATE CHANGE ?

I'll tell you why, because there was NO GLOBAL WARMING OCCURRING.

Now NASA is predicting a possible ICE AGE. I can supply a very recent ref but you should already know about it.

Yes it's the 2nd hoax by the UN to explain why the earth isn't heating up, first global warming then Ice age, meanwhile the earth keeps spinning, just like the UN does :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby HBS Guy » 19 Jun 2019, 11:28

Julia wrote:How little the Lefties actually understand about anything.

But happily try to dictate what other parts of Australia should do while sitting on their armchairs waving their arms around.

The people of Nth Qld want ADANI to proceed to create lots of jobs and generally boost commerce in their area.

India now has access to clean Australian coal.

The next big event in Nth Qld is the first HELE clean coal power station which the govt is funding as a preliminary investigation right now.

Australia is finally chucking the LUNATIC EXTREMIST GREENIES into the garbage tin where they belong.

Lots of jobs? The construction will be done by Adani Indian employees and the mine will employ 100 people. If it destroys the GBR than Qld will lose tens of thousands of jobs.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Next

Return to Politics