Forcing Moves... lol

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: Forcing Moves... lol

Postby HBS Guy » 07 Jul 2019, 08:58

I am OK for now. Mum gets 2 supervised showers a week. At 98 Mum can’t last much longer tho likely will see 100.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 07 Jul 2019, 09:05

You're a good man monk. :hlo
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 07 Jul 2019, 09:10

I just hope she passes in her sleep before the dementia has robbed her of her personality, her sense of self.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 07 Jul 2019, 09:15

HBS Guy wrote:I just hope she passes in her sleep before the dementia has robbed her of her personality, her sense of self.

I think in many cases they'll know when their time has come.

My grandfather woke up one morning, washed and cleaned himself, put on his best suit (which had my grandmother thinking he'd finally lost the plot as they had no plans to go anywhere that day) kissed her on her forehead and said goodbye. Then sat in his armchair and fell asleep, never to awaken again.

Of course, dementia was never an issue with him
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby HBS Guy » 07 Jul 2019, 12:43

My Opa, at some family gathering in Holland said he was going upstairs for a nap. Never woke up. Aged 92 or so. Worked his whole life as waiter, even in retirement he was called on to serve the Dutch Queen when she came to Delft—silver service!
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 07 Jul 2019, 22:53

HBS Guy wrote:I just hope she passes in her sleep before the dementia has robbed her of her personality, her sense of self.

well if she is still able to function at 98, despite dementia, she's doing amazingly well. Still, there is free assistance available for her, and OK perhaps the redtape isn't worth it. I know tho, when I was v concerned about my Mum, I was able to arrange home assistance for her, even tho we lived so far apart. Of course, in her own proud way, she'd try her best to clean up BEFORE the home help arrived. It was worth trying tho.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 07 Jul 2019, 22:53

well if she is still able to function at 98, despite dementia, she's doing amazingly well. Still, there is free assistance available for her, and OK perhaps the redtape isn't worth it. I know tho, when I was v concerned about my Mum, I was able to arrange home assistance for her, even tho we lived so far apart. Of course, in her own proud way, she'd try her best to clean up BEFORE the home help arrived. It was worth trying tho.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 08 Jul 2019, 12:33

HBS Guy wrote:I am OK for now. Mum gets 2 supervised showers a week. At 98 Mum can’t last much longer tho likely will see 100.

My Nan just washed/sponged herself down in a chair- very independent.

She had a shower rail and plastic matts in the shower but in the end she just found it easier to sit down and keep it simple.
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 08 Jul 2019, 12:35

johnsmith wrote:

I think in many cases they'll know when their time has come.

My grandfather woke up one morning, washed and cleaned himself, put on his best suit (which had my grandmother thinking he'd finally lost the plot as they had no plans to go anywhere that day) kissed her on her forehead and said goodbye. Then sat in his armchair and fell asleep, never to awaken again.

Of course, dementia was never an issue with him

Amazing !
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Previous

Return to Politics