A clever tool against racism

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: A clever tool against racism

Postby HBS Guy » 12 Jun 2019, 14:38

Yeah, that too.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Bongalong » 12 Jun 2019, 14:40

HBS Guy wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:People learn racism tho, it is not something we are born with. So the racists/homophobes/misogynists etc on OzPol do egg each other on. So non-racism can also be taught.

i THINK RACISM IS DEFINITELY TAUGHT, YES, BUT I THINK YOU ARE IGNORANT AS TO HOW INGRAINED IT IS AND WHOSE FAULT IT IS.

OVER-SIMPLICITY IS JUST OVER-SIMPLICITY.

Maybe simlistic.

But racism is taught so tolerance can be taught.

Yeh, but the nature versus nature debate is rarely clear cut!
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Jaguar

spamone: Animal

Postby HBS Guy » 12 Jun 2019, 14:40

I never said it was and admitted it was simplistic.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Bongalong » 12 Jun 2019, 14:49

HBS Guy wrote:I never said it was and admitted it was simplistic.

Fair enough. We lead by example and are led by example so it's not like you're flat out wrong about anything.

...it's just that it's a bit of natural reaction to others/outsiders is all I was saying. Fear and Paranoia abound and chinese whispers don't help....

I was talking to my aboriginal mate this morning after we all had a drink last night and we got talking about that sort of stuff and he seemed to be saying that blacks have a reason to be racist whereas as white fellas don't... they think they know everything some of them but they don't! Thus reconcilitation is very difficult because nobody can agree on the friggin' basics... such is life!

Therefore not much conversation can take place without shedloads of tolerance on both sides....
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 12 Jun 2019, 14:52

mothra wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:If Dax would drop all the god nutters/idealogues nonsense and post sensibly I am sure he would have interesting things to say.

That's tedious beyond compare but what sticks in my craw is him perpetually telling everyone else that they know nothing, only he does.

he knows how to talk shit better than anyone else I know, I'll certainly give him that :roll
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Previous

Return to Politics