AFP RAID ABC HQ and The Sunday Telegraph.

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: AFP RAID ABC HQ and The Sunday Telegraph.

Postby pinkeye » 07 Jun 2019, 21:15

Sprintcyclist wrote:the AFP are doing their job.

Noone is above their reach. Pollies, journos, abusive biased mods.


You want that Scooter..?/really//??
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Warthog
 
Posts: 3905
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

Re: AFP RAID ABC HQ and The Sunday Telegraph.

Postby pinkeye » 07 Jun 2019, 21:16

chris155au wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:I think Peter Dutton should be in prison.


Hear hear! Keeping people who have committed no crime in indefinite detention is a breach of human rights and fucking cruel, espaecially as 60,000 ASs have flown in on dodgy temporary work permits and overstayed. Not deterring nothing.


So I guess Chris Bowen should also be in prison for when he was Immigration Minister.



IRRELEVANT QUESTION. ( nothing new :yak yak ) T
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Warthog
 
Posts: 3905
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

Re: AFP RAID ABC HQ and The Sunday Telegraph.

Postby pinkeye » 07 Jun 2019, 21:21

johnsmith wrote:It's ridiculous that journos now have to fear jail for writing stories that may be politically inconvenient ... Dutton won't be happy until we're a fascist state.



YES well.. I guess they snuck up on us , yeah.. BS.
:roll because? …

look around.. understand the News..?
it's not UNTIL....

WE ARE THAT thing.. THAT IS NOW. Our government reflects that. Don't tell me you don't see that.!
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Warthog
 
Posts: 3905
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

Re: AFP RAID ABC HQ and The Sunday Telegraph.

Postby Bongalong » 08 Jun 2019, 12:16

chris155au wrote:
johnsmith wrote:It's ridiculous that journos now have to fear jail for writing stories that may be politically inconvenient ... Dutton won't be happy until we're a fascist state.


So I suppose you think that all of Labor ALSO won't be happy until we're a fascist state? I mean, considering they voted for
all of the same legislation and didn't repeal the laws that were used in this investigation during their 6 years in office.

Chris has never heard of 'abuse of the law' and why laws change in the first place, lol!

He must have what's commonly knows among idiot kept children as 'business acumen' yet only the smarter ones know: you first need the skills to put on any type of show.

Look how embarrassed the cops are.... they know it's a fucking fraud and they are being made to eat the shite lol :bgrin It's an embarrassment to all of us as a once proud clever country who knowingly saddled it's kids with the worst technology available after a once in a century mining boom and THE WORLD IS TRULY LAUGHING BECAUSE THEY ALL KNOW THE STATE OF OUR HOUSING CRISIS AND HOW BEREFY OF HEART AND SOUL WE ACTUALLY ARE.

GO OVERSEAS AND AUSTRALIANS JUST GET HATED ON FOR BEING STUCK UP PRETEND BOGANS AND THAT PROVED TO BE FOR VERY REAL REASONS ALL THESE YEARS.... :rofl
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3084
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: AFP RAID ABC HQ and The Sunday Telegraph.

Postby Squire » 08 Jun 2019, 12:32

Thankfully for journalists, the AFP are a bunch of bungling incompetent clowns who wouldn't have a job if donut-munching was not a credential.
User avatar
Squire
mountain lion
 
Posts: 932
Joined: 19 Aug 2016, 10:35
spamone: Animal

Re: AFP RAID ABC HQ and The Sunday Telegraph.

Postby Sprintcyclist » 08 Jun 2019, 16:38

Sprintcyclist wrote:

I think Peter Dutton should be more proactive and thorough in protecting Australia.
Sprintcyclist
Jaguar
 
Posts: 1680
Joined: 16 Jul 2018, 07:14
spamone: Animal

Re: AFP RAID ABC HQ and The Sunday Telegraph.

Postby HBS Guy » 08 Jun 2019, 16:46

I wish you either stop posting extremism or fuck off, Sprint.
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 53169
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: AFP RAID ABC HQ and The Sunday Telegraph.

Postby Aussie » 08 Jun 2019, 16:49

HBS Guy wrote:I wish you either stop posting extremism or fuck off, Sprint.


Stuffed if I can see how or why that comment by Mr Cyclist was 'extreme.'
User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
 
Posts: 8695
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 17:25

Re: AFP RAID ABC HQ and The Sunday Telegraph.

Postby HBS Guy » 08 Jun 2019, 16:59

No, you want Dutton to wear the swastika armband in public?

Journos get raided by the Keystone Kops aka the AFP because Herr Dutton wanted to suppress journalistic freedom and Sprint says the cunt should be more proactive and you don’t see the extremism? Really?
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 53169
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: AFP RAID ABC HQ and The Sunday Telegraph.

Postby HBS Guy » 08 Jun 2019, 16:59

No, you want Dutton to wear the swastika armband in public?

Journos get raided by the Keystone Kops aka the AFP because Herr Dutton wanted to suppress journalistic freedom and Sprint says the cunt should be more proactive and you don’t see the extremism? Really?
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 53169
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: AFP RAID ABC HQ and The Sunday Telegraph.

Postby Aussie » 08 Jun 2019, 17:03

HBS Guy wrote:No, you want Dutton to wear the swastika armband in public?

Journos get raided by the Keystone Kops aka the AFP because Herr Dutton wanted to suppress journalistic freedom and Sprint says the cunt should be more proactive and you don’t see the extremism? Really?


I think you are reading more into it than might have been intended. Maybe Mr Cyclist was hoping that he'd get more active on visa overstays.....who knows.
User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
 
Posts: 8695
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 17:25

Re: AFP RAID ABC HQ and The Sunday Telegraph.

Postby Aussie » 08 Jun 2019, 17:07

I have to admit that on occasions in the past I have posted that I was not happy that the 4th Estate got away with publishing stuff while not naming their source. Many schmedia outlets publish defamatory material and hide behind a source they refuse to disclose....so for that reason, I tend to doubt them. I have a view that whistle blowers need protection, sure, but not anonymity or immunity from legal repercussions.
User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
 
Posts: 8695
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 17:25

Re: AFP RAID ABC HQ and The Sunday Telegraph.

Postby Aussie » 08 Jun 2019, 17:40

Aussie wrote:I have to admit that on occasions in the past I have posted that I was not happy that the 4th Estate got away with publishing stuff while not naming their source. Many schmedia outlets publish defamatory material and hide behind a source they refuse to disclose....so for that reason, I tend to doubt them. I have a view that whistle blowers need protection, sure, but not anonymity or immunity from legal repercussions.


I need to refine that.

If they blow a whistle on any Government misdeed.....while I want them named, I demand that...IF they have been truthful, that they are completely immune from any prosecution and if required, go under witness protection for the duration, life if necessary.
User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
 
Posts: 8695
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 17:25

Re: AFP RAID ABC HQ and The Sunday Telegraph.

Postby Sprintcyclist » 08 Jun 2019, 17:50

HBS Guy wrote:No, you want Dutton to wear the swastika armband in public?

Journos get raided by the Keystone Kops aka the AFP because Herr Dutton wanted to suppress journalistic freedom and Sprint says the cunt should be more proactive and you don’t see the extremism? Really?


All these words show biased not befitting of a mod.

try reading that with the abusive words removed
Sprintcyclist
Jaguar
 
Posts: 1680
Joined: 16 Jul 2018, 07:14
spamone: Animal

Re: AFP RAID ABC HQ and The Sunday Telegraph.

Postby chris155au » 08 Jun 2019, 18:05

HBS Guy wrote:I reread one account: https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/national/2019/06/05/abc-raid-david-mcbride/

It was the Afghan files. Got confused with something else I guess.


So what was it that you thought they were going to release but pulled?
chris155au
mountain lion
 
Posts: 785
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 20:05
spamone: Animal

Re: AFP RAID ABC HQ and The Sunday Telegraph.

Postby chris155au » 08 Jun 2019, 18:14

Bongalong wrote:
Chris has never heard of 'abuse of the law' and why laws change in the first place, lol!


Oh, has the legal case between the ABC and AFP been concluded? When did that happen?

He must have what's commonly knows among idiot kept children as 'business acumen' yet only the smarter ones know: you first need the skills to put on any type of show.


That's a poorly constructed sentence, so I have to think that it has the potential to make sense. Although, what's more likely is that it's just utter meaningless nonsense, no matter how well constructed it can be made.

Look how embarrassed the cops are....


Have they expressed embarrassment? Or are you just making shit up?

:bgrin It's an embarrassment to all of us as a once proud clever country who knowingly saddled it's kids with the worst technology available


What technology are you referring to?

GO OVERSEAS AND AUSTRALIANS JUST GET HATED ON FOR BEING STUCK UP PRETEND BOGANS AND THAT PROVED TO BE FOR VERY REAL REASONS ALL THESE YEARS.... :rofl


What is a "pretend bogan?"
chris155au
mountain lion
 
Posts: 785
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 20:05
spamone: Animal

Re: AFP RAID ABC HQ and The Sunday Telegraph.

Postby chris155au » 08 Jun 2019, 18:16

Squire wrote: the AFP are a bunch of bungling incompetent clowns who wouldn't have a job if donut-munching was not a credential.


Do you have the competence to be able to justify that even remotely?
chris155au
mountain lion
 
Posts: 785
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 20:05
spamone: Animal

Re: AFP RAID ABC HQ and The Sunday Telegraph.

Postby chris155au » 08 Jun 2019, 18:17

HBS Guy wrote:I wish you either stop posting extremism or fuck off, Sprint.

Did he post extremism in this thread?
chris155au
mountain lion
 
Posts: 785
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 20:05
spamone: Animal

Re: AFP RAID ABC HQ and The Sunday Telegraph.

Postby chris155au » 08 Jun 2019, 18:18

HBS Guy wrote:No, you want Dutton to wear the swastika armband in public?

Journos get raided by the Keystone Kops aka the AFP because Herr Dutton wanted to suppress journalistic freedom and Sprint says the cunt should be more proactive and you don’t see the extremism? Really?


How do you know that the order came from Dutton?
chris155au
mountain lion
 
Posts: 785
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 20:05
spamone: Animal

Re: AFP RAID ABC HQ and The Sunday Telegraph.

Postby chris155au » 08 Jun 2019, 18:22

Aussie wrote:I have to admit that on occasions in the past I have posted that I was not happy that the 4th Estate got away with publishing stuff while not naming their source. Many schmedia outlets publish defamatory material and hide behind a source they refuse to disclose....so for that reason, I tend to doubt them. I have a view that whistle blowers need protection, sure, but not anonymity or immunity from legal repercussions.


I need to refine that.


Sounds more like a reversal than a refinement. Above, you say that whistle blowers shouldn't have immunity from legal repercussions, and below, you say that you demand that they are completely immune from any prosecution.

Aussie wrote:If they blow a whistle on any Government misdeed.....while I want them named, I demand that...IF they have been truthful, that they are completely immune from any prosecution and if required, go under witness protection for the duration, life if necessary.
chris155au
mountain lion
 
Posts: 785
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 20:05
spamone: Animal

Re: AFP RAID ABC HQ and The Sunday Telegraph.

Postby Aussie » 08 Jun 2019, 18:27

chris155au wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:No, you want Dutton to wear the swastika armband in public?

Journos get raided by the Keystone Kops aka the AFP because Herr Dutton wanted to suppress journalistic freedom and Sprint says the cunt should be more proactive and you don’t see the extremism? Really?


How do you know that the order came from Dutton?


Did he say it did come from Dutton?

In any event, I say that the AFP raids no-one (especially the ABC) without the Minister (Dutton) knowing.
User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
 
Posts: 8695
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 17:25

Re: AFP RAID ABC HQ and The Sunday Telegraph.

Postby Aussie » 08 Jun 2019, 18:28

chris155au wrote:
Aussie wrote:I have to admit that on occasions in the past I have posted that I was not happy that the 4th Estate got away with publishing stuff while not naming their source. Many schmedia outlets publish defamatory material and hide behind a source they refuse to disclose....so for that reason, I tend to doubt them. I have a view that whistle blowers need protection, sure, but not anonymity or immunity from legal repercussions.


I need to refine that.


Sounds more like a reversal than a refinement. Above, you say that whistle blowers shouldn't have immunity from legal repercussions, and below, you say that you demand that they are completely immune from any prosecution.

Aussie wrote:If they blow a whistle on any Government misdeed.....while I want them named, I demand that...IF they have been truthful, that they are completely immune from any prosecution and if required, go under witness protection for the duration, life if necessary.


Yes.
User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
 
Posts: 8695
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 17:25

Re: AFP RAID ABC HQ and The Sunday Telegraph.

Postby Sprintcyclist » 08 Jun 2019, 19:03

chris155au wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:I wish you either stop posting extremism or fuck off, Sprint.

Did he post extremism in this thread?


if it is not what HBS says, it is extreme.

Test that theory
Sprintcyclist
Jaguar
 
Posts: 1680
Joined: 16 Jul 2018, 07:14
spamone: Animal

Re: AFP RAID ABC HQ and The Sunday Telegraph.

Postby Aussie » 08 Jun 2019, 19:16

Sprintcyclist wrote:
chris155au wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:I wish you either stop posting extremism or fuck off, Sprint.

Did he post extremism in this thread?


if it is not what HBS says, it is extreme.

Test that theory


Don't be a smart arse Mr Sprint. Don't.
User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
 
Posts: 8695
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 17:25

Re: AFP RAID ABC HQ and The Sunday Telegraph.

Postby chris155au » 08 Jun 2019, 19:58

Aussie wrote:
Did he say it did come from Dutton?


Well, he said:

"Journos get raided by the Keystone Kops aka the AFP BECAUSE Herr Dutton..."


What do you suppose he means by that.

In any event, I say that the AFP raids no-one (especially the ABC) without the Minister (Dutton) knowing.


I would say that's highly likely. So they TELL Dutton what they're doing. How is that Dutton ordering it?
chris155au
mountain lion
 
Posts: 785
Joined: 18 Oct 2018, 20:05
spamone: Animal

PreviousNext

Return to Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests