ASSANGE

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

ASSANGE

Postby pinkeye » 03 Jun 2019, 00:45

I think the UK has done the right thing by locking him up.. hopefully he will receive some care , not more harm.
At least he's not in Quantanamo.

fuck fuck FUCK......... THIS MAN NEEDS ALL OUR SUPPORT.

I CAN'T BELIEVE NO-ONE IS TALKING ABOUT HIM HERE.

This man stands for all of us, you understand.? Why aren't we arguing about the horrendous process his life had become..? He has done ALL OF US a massive service, and we owe him a duty of care. Why don't you care about it.?

WHY has the Australian government been so unhelpful.? Why?

Ask yourself, and you know the answer. So this is what happens in what is in truth.. post.. 1984.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Re: ASSANGE

Postby mothra » 03 Jun 2019, 02:40

It's just a shame that our freedom fighter has to be such a piece of shit.

I strongly believe that he have no cause to answer to the US but he's a very long way from a good man.
mothra
Duck

Postby Dax » 03 Jun 2019, 05:49

My opinion of Assange is, he's a fuckwit who had the opportunity to do good for the planet, but his ego got carried away and he thought he was untouchable elitisit. Our government should have taken him back long ago but both side of parliament are to gutless to stand up to the yanks. Aus could have locked him up for a short time so he got the message, that he neds to pull his head in, but egocentric elitists never listen to reason, they think they are above it. He is so stupid, he's already spent years in self inflicted jail and there will be more to come I expect, but our Government should not let hi be take to the USA, which is my opinions is a worse place to be charge and incarcerated on the planet.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby johnsmith » 03 Jun 2019, 15:47

Dax wrote:My opinion of Assange is, he's a fuckwit who had the opportunity to do good for the planet, but his ego got carried away and he thought he was untouchable elitisit.

one of the few times I agree wholeheartedly with Dax.

I disagree about preventing him being sent to the USA. He knew he was breaking US laws when he released the information, but did so to feed his ego. It's time to pay the piper.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Aussie » 03 Jun 2019, 16:13

johnsmith wrote:
Dax wrote:My opinion of Assange is, he's a fuckwit who had the opportunity to do good for the planet, but his ego got carried away and he thought he was untouchable elitisit.

I disagree about preventing him being sent to the USA. He knew he was breaking US laws when he released the information, but did so to feed his ego. It's time to pay the piper.

Extradition is not a given....and there is no doubt that Assange is his own worst nightmare. He definitely has a delusional Messiah complex. If he gets extradited, then they are the cards he has to play. Contrary to what he believes, he is not special or outside the Law.
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby pinkeye » 04 Jun 2019, 03:17

Like I said.. he is lucky he is currently under the LAW of the UK.

He may not appeal to you , individually, as a likeable person... GAF. OOOh you don't like him… :roll

Bigger issues are at stake.

What he did was outstanding. He had the courage... no-one else had the commitment, except Manning.

Condemn him at your peril.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby Dax » 04 Jun 2019, 06:00

pinkeye wrote:Like I said.. he is lucky he is currently under the LAW of the UK.

He may not appeal to you , individually, as a likeable person... GAF. OOOh you don't like him… :roll

Bigger issues are at stake.

What he did was outstanding. He had the courage... no-one else had the commitment, except Manning.

Condemn him at your peril.

There are better ways to do things than how Assange went about it, he went for the notoriety, when he should have went for the anonymous under the table approach and that would have kept him relatively safe. I also don't believe the USA should be able to enforce their laws on anyone outside their country, unless the supposed crime was committed within the USA. Why should one countries laws be acceptable enforceable worldwide when many others don't agree with the. That means Russia china sudan should be able to charge anyone who they claim has committed a crime against their countries laws when living on the other side of the planet. Makes no logical sense to me and smells of elitism and state bullying. Stuff the yanks they are becoming worse and worse by the day.

The Swedes won't extradite him because the women have withdrawn their complaints and it's only the female justice minister who is pursuing it.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby pinkeye » 04 Jun 2019, 21:57

so you are understanding how important the treatment of Julian Assange IS.

It is critical ….. to personal freedoms , to journalistic freedoms, to whistleblower freedoms.. AND it has implications right across our culture.

Sure, he could have acted otherwise.. but he did what he did, and THAT is what we need to deal with. Do you want to curtail the rights of individuals to act..? Like .. he didn't set off bombs, or slaughter innocents. Quite the opposite.

He exposed murderers and liars and corrupt people... this should NEVER be condemned.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby mothra » 05 Jun 2019, 00:46

Aussie wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

Extradition is not a given....and there is no doubt that Assange is his own worst nightmare. He definitely has a delusional Messiah complex. If he gets extradited, then they are the cards he has to play. Contrary to what he believes, he is not special or outside the Law.

But for his extraordinary arrogance and total disregard for women, he would have simply had the STD tests in Sweden after having sex with an unconscious woman without protection and sabotaging the condom with another, bragging about how he desired to impregnate as many women as possible.

Then Sweden never would have pressed charges .. they only did it to force him to comply with an order he get tested.

And he wouldn't have allowed Wikileaks and associated internet bodies to publish the names, photos and personal information of these women so they are now in fear for their lives.

And he wouldn't have used Wikileaks to demonise feminism, the only bastion of the left not all the way behind him.

He is reprehensible.

But still, he must be fought for.

Breaks my heart .... but i will fight for him,.
mothra
Duck

Postby pinkeye » 05 Jun 2019, 05:03

Yes
I make no comment about him as a person .
I do know he must not be given to the US.

I think I should go to bed.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby Dax » 05 Jun 2019, 06:05

pinkeye wrote:so you are understanding how important the treatment of Julian Assange IS.

It is critical ….. to personal freedoms , to journalistic freedoms, to whistleblower freedoms.. AND it has implications right across our culture.

Sure, he could have acted otherwise.. but he did what he did, and THAT is what we need to deal with. Do you want to curtail the rights of individuals to act..? Like .. he didn't set off bombs, or slaughter innocents. Quite the opposite.

He exposed murderers and liars and corrupt people... this should NEVER be condemned.

Totally agree with what he did, but not the way he did it and not condemming him in any way, he did that with his arrogance and egoism. Just talking about facts, which most seem to want to avoid.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby pinkeye » 05 Jun 2019, 22:48

Well this Assange Matter... bleeds well into what Dutton has had the AFP do , over the last couple of days. And, also something about Tax Officers checking out YOUR Facebook... ?? +
Just the start, my friends.

so .. this is what the Australian people want..the vote says so./….. this is what we have got...

a typical cop attitude, I might add, from Dutton.
Qld copper no less... oh they taught them well back in the day....
SO our journalists are now suspects...!!+
They are guilty... of something...!! !?? :jump
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 06 Jun 2019, 09:17

No whistleblower protection now.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 08 Jun 2019, 03:07

so obvious.. the direction we are taking here in Australia. :sad :sad :sad
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby Dax » 08 Jun 2019, 09:53

Well you all vote for the religious right, which encompasses both liberal, labor and the greens, so you get what you vote for. We will never have freedom of speech, open government or a safe peaceful country whilst you idiots keep voting for the status quo. All you're doing is digging you own freedom graves.

The libs are going to introduce legislation which makes religions untouchable and it has the backing of the labs, greens and others, all religious nutters. Talk about committing social suicide, welcome to the new world of religious and ideological suppression you've all imposed upon yourselves.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby Sprintcyclist » 08 Jun 2019, 19:10

he is a crim
Sprintcyclist
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 08 Jun 2019, 19:11

Sprintcyclist wrote:he is a crim

were not talking about scomo, the topic is assange

:jump
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby pinkeye » 09 Jun 2019, 00:31

Dax wrote:Well you all vote for the religious right, which encompasses both liberal, labor and the greens, so you get what you vote for. We will never have freedom of speech, open government or a safe peaceful country whilst you idiots keep voting for the status quo. All you're doing is digging you own freedom graves.

The libs are going to introduce legislation which makes religions untouchable and it has the backing of the labs, greens and others, all religious nutters. Talk about committing social suicide, welcome to the new world of religious and ideological suppression you've all imposed upon yourselves.

Uh Dax.?/?. NOTHING NEW about it. As you so stoutly remind us , in nearly every post.

hey I don't disagree with you.. nor do I expect a miracle to make everything good.

My ex and I were talking the other day.. he lives on a Mt. and he was saying ( he is very unwell) he just wants to live to see the end of the world. :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Return to Politics