Enough is enough Team USA

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Enough is enough Team USA

Postby Aussie » 01 Jun 2019, 15:58

Come on. Fair dinkum. Enough of this slaughter!

Link.

A disgruntled US public utilities employee "indiscriminately" opened fire at a local government building in Virginia Beach on Friday afternoon, killing 12 people and wounding at least six others before he was killed himself, the city's police chief has said.
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Re: Enough is enough Team USA

Postby johnsmith » 01 Jun 2019, 16:10

more guns will fix it :beer
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

spamone: Animal

Postby Texan » 04 Jun 2019, 08:06

Cops kill far more people in America than mass shootings. Should we ban them also?
Govern wisely, and as little as possible.
President Sam Houston
Texan
Cheetah

Postby DonDeeHippy » 04 Jun 2019, 08:37

Texan wrote:Cops kill far more people in America than mass shootings. Should we ban them also?

you do realize that isn't something to be proud of..... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Cheetah

Postby greggerypeccary » 04 Jun 2019, 09:26

greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 04 Jun 2019, 14:38

Greg hates America :roll
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Jaguar

Postby DreamRyderX » 05 Jun 2019, 17:09

DonDeeHippy wrote:
Texan wrote:Cops kill far more people in America than mass shootings. Should we ban them also?

The Texan was quoting a "fact", & not taking pride in the statistic as you allude.

Here's another "fact". Criminals, when interviewed in prison, say that on the street, when in the commission of a crime, they have more fear about coming up against a citizen with a gun than a cop.

The "fact" is that more criminals are shot & killed by citizens than are killed by cops......

Are Americans "proud" of that statistic......While Americans have so much to be "proud" of, I doubt if pride actually crosses his/her mind, but when a citizen feels that their life is threatened, & they decide to fire upon the criminal (which more than 90% of the time it is way before the cops arrive) the criminal comes up at the short end of the stick.

The pride that the American Citizen would feel would be from living in a Great Country like the the United States of America, where having the Legal/Constitutional Right to Defend one's life with the weapon that best suits their needs, is something they would be absolutely "proud" of.

The unfortunate outcome for the criminal, now that's all on the criminal, because if the criminal didn't initiate the attack, they wouldn't be laying on that icy cold slab in the morgue riddled with bullets.

I once read somewhere that it is less than 1% of all killings by American Citizens after being criminally attacked, after the shooting claiming self-defense for shooting the criminal who attacked them, less than 1% actually sees any charges laid upon them, & of those charged for something, less than 1% of those receive any sort of conviction in court.

Now, that's Justice! Image

The US Constitution is not an instrument for the US Government to restrain the American People,
it is an instrument for the American People to restrain the US Government.
-- Patrick Henry
DreamRyderX
Chihuahua

Postby Sprintcyclist » 05 Jun 2019, 17:41

DreamRyderX wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:

The Texan was quoting a "fact", & not taking pride in the statistic as you allude.

Here's another "fact". Criminals, when interviewed in prison, say that on the street, when in the commission of a crime, they have more fear about coming up against a citizen with a gun than a cop.

The "fact" is that more criminals are shot & killed by citizens than are killed by cops......

Are Americans "proud" of that statistic......While Americans have so much to be "proud" of, I doubt if pride actually crosses his/her mind, but when a citizen feels that their life is threatened, & they decide to fire upon the criminal (which more than 90% of the time it is way before the cops arrive) the criminal comes up at the short end of the stick.

The pride that the American Citizen would feel would be from living in a Great Country like the the United States of America, where having the Legal/Constitutional Right to Defend one's life with the weapon that best suits their needs, is something they would be absolutely "proud" of.

The unfortunate outcome for the criminal, now that's all on the criminal, because if the criminal didn't initiate the attack, they wouldn't be laying on that icy cold slab in the morgue riddled with bullets.

I once read somewhere that it is less than 1% of all killings by American Citizens after being criminally attacked, after the shooting claiming self-defense for shooting the criminal who attacked them, less than 1% actually sees any charges laid upon them, & of those charged for something, less than 1% of those receive any sort of conviction in court.

Now, that's Justice! Image

I love America
Sprintcyclist
Jaguar

Postby Bongalong » 05 Jun 2019, 17:59

America has its place... people like greg are just old and listen to strange music and are jealous of a place with shitloads more importance than their own!

Greg is a propaganda merchant!

Go the internet :bike :bike :yak yak :roll :yak yak :roll :zzzz

:bgrin
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Jaguar

Postby Texan » 05 Jun 2019, 20:28

DonDeeHippy wrote:

Where did I say that made me proud?
Govern wisely, and as little as possible.
President Sam Houston
Texan
Cheetah

Postby Bongalong » 06 Jun 2019, 20:10

Texan wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:

Greg likes to start rumours and destroy peoples reputations.... he listens to boring music and it's all he's got!

:bike :bike
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Jaguar

Postby greggerypeccary » 06 Jun 2019, 20:17

Bongalong wrote:
Texan wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:

Greg likes to start rumours and destroy peoples reputations.... he listens to boring music and it's all he's got!

What does this have to do with me? ???????
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 06 Jun 2019, 21:39

Nice bit of hypocrisy from the orange douchebag:

URANIUM MINING NEAR GRAND CANYON? Just over a year after taking credit for an Obama-era effort to protect land near the Grand Canyon from uranium and other hard rock mining, the Trump administration is voicing opposition to legislation that would permanently safeguard the same area. [HuffPost]
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby DonDeeHippy » 07 Jun 2019, 07:51

greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
Texan wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:

What does this have to do with me? ???????

you know what you did greggy
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Cheetah

Return to Politics