The Mexican Border:

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: The Mexican Border:

Postby Bongalong » 09 Jun 2019, 16:02

SethBullock wrote:
Aussie wrote:It seems that all it took to get Trump off the hook was for Mexico to say that they'll send 6000 troops to its southern border.

:bgrin

Well we will soon see the content of the agreement. The Mexican government has placed their commitment in writing and signed to it. Their credibility is now on the line, officially. We will soon see. If the flow of illegals is stopped, we have a partner. If it doesn't, if they renege, they sacrifice their own credibility as a government. It will be easy to tell which outcome comes to pass.

There is a very real line of thought that says some Mexicans want the wall because it would make the Government stand up and actually do something about what has been officially recognised as a problem.... this manoeuvre from Trump is a very very big win because in the same way it makes the Mexican government acknowledgement the gravity of the issues in play.... I've got family in Mexico and shite is real down there mate - but of course you know that.

My cousin came and she's a cop... she wouldn't ever live there but it was a beautiful place for a wedding. I don't know why the vultures were circling us in the infinity pool but we were drinking copious amounts and probably look a bit rough... :tweed :tweed :tweed :tweed

:beer
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Jaguar

spamone: Animal

Postby Bongalong » 09 Jun 2019, 16:04

SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
Aussie wrote:It seems that all it took to get Trump off the hook was for Mexico to say that they'll send 6000 troops to its southern border.

:bgrin

Well we will soon see the content of the agreement. The Mexican government has placed their commitment in writing and signed to it. Their credibility is now on the line, officially. We will soon see. If the flow of illegals is stopped, we have a partner. If it doesn't, if they renege, they sacrifice their own credibility as a government. It will be easy to tell which outcome comes to pass.

Does using the incorrect term "illegals" help you sleep at night?

It makes a distinction between legal immigration, which I support, and illegally sneaking into the country which I don't support.

Are you ever going to answer the question I asked you earlier in this thread?

Greg asks all the questions around here: just ask monk!
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Jaguar

Postby Bongalong » 09 Jun 2019, 16:07

johnsmith wrote:
SethBullock wrote: The Mexican government has placed their commitment in writing and signed to it. Their credibility is now on the line, officially

Much like the US's credibility after they signed that pesky UN convention on refugees :grn

Are you saying two wrongs make a right?

You're about as dodgy as those vegans in the city pretending humans are herbivores.
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Jaguar

Postby Bongalong » 09 Jun 2019, 16:15

pinkeye wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
pinkeye wrote:
Texan wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Texan wrote:I hope the wall is built with the tariff money. I’d relocate thousands of alligators into the Rio Grande as well. Illegal immigration is a plague.

You don't seem to have any problem with the millions of illegal immigrants in your country who arrived by plane.

Why is that?

Of course I do, but we need laws and enforcement to make them leave. I would take away all government services.(school, welfare, licensing, etc...) Medical care would be restricted to emergency care and they would be deported upon discharge. Any illegal encountering a police officer would be immediately deported. Their family can go with them if they will show up. I would levy huge fines for knowingly hiring an illegal and stiff prison time for identity fraud. Illegals do that a lot to get jobs.

Of course, I'm not in charge and Trump can only do so much without Congress.

So.. the BIGGEST GROWTH businesses will be Prisons, and the like. You can SAY one thing, but you CAN'T DO IT.
I understand people are already crowded into small spaces,, standing room only... BAD SHIT happening to HUMAN BEINGS.. your call..

But consider my point.

YOU THE US cannot do much about this. Helping these people would go a long way to saving your country. otherwise...? u r fucked. AND..? U deserve it....

Just like what will happen to Australia. The flow cannot be contained, whatever your big boss tells you.

Just a matter of time...this on-going policy of detention ..
of Us Vs Them
is doomed, right along with the society that created it.

Just like here.... we''ve been feasting on the fat of the land.. profligate useless corrupt

so YES.. we will pay the price of our arrogance and the apparent entitlement we have to lay waste to anything that takes our fancy.. sometimes .. just for fun. :sad

Pinkeye, your illegal immigration problem is nothing like ours is, thanks to the gigantic moat you have around your country. We've had over 600,000 illegals cross the border in the past 3 months.

If your country had the same problem, with the same numbers, I don't think your tone and tenor would be so self-righteous and condescending when speaking about our problem in the U.S.

See, nothing self-righteous about it. proportionally we probably easily stack up to you guys..
I'm just stating some truths that people don't want to hear.

We. as a nation only exist from 1901. So we are not especially unshakeable rocks of history for the human species.. likely we'll crash and burn, JUST LIKE all others before us. We think we have some higher ground..? Garbage, Just another turn of the page people.

And we'll ALL be gone and forgotten.
AND GOOD FUCKING RIDDANCE,,, every other creature on earth will say.

..and you honestly think a woman should be in charge of the worlds largest arsenal of Nuclear Weapons :tweed
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Jaguar

Postby Bongalong » 09 Jun 2019, 16:21

SethBullock wrote:Congress has done NOTHING about this problem for decades other than play politics and dither. U.S. presidents haven’t been any better. All of them collectively have done absolutely nothing. ZERO.

Think about that when you pan Trump for reaching this agreement.

And I’ll tell you another thing. If Hillary Clinton had been elected, and she had reached this agreement with Mexico, the mainstream media would be praising her 24/7 and probably talking about a Nobel Peace Prize.

But you should hear CNN. Negative, negative, negative.

Like I say: this is a massive coup for Trump!

I think this secures his second term, I honestly think it's that important because the whole Mexican border thing was his central theme... it was what MAGA was all about!

Trump is a winner... he told Americans they would get sick of winning so much if he became President and Greggy the idiot told another political forum he would leave if Trump won and he still hasn't left.... they kicked me off for rubbing his face in it!

Lol, victory is sweet my bruther: I THINK THE WORLD SEES TRUMP AS A TRUE GENIUS IN GETTING MEXICO TO FUCKING ACCEPT THEY HAVE DEEP DEEP PROBLEMS AND THEY NEED TO GET THEIR SHITE TOGETHER BECAUSE NOBODY IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD THINKS MEXICO IS PARADISE. (ALTHOUGH IT IS QUITE LOVELY IF YOU DON'T GET OFF THE BEATEN TRACK i MUST ADMIT.)
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Jaguar

Postby Sprintcyclist » 09 Jun 2019, 19:08

SethBullock wrote:Congress has done NOTHING about this problem for decades other than play politics and dither. U.S. presidents haven’t been any better. All of them collectively have done absolutely nothing. ZERO.

Think about that when you pan Trump for reaching this agreement.

And I’ll tell you another thing. If Hillary Clinton had been elected, and she had reached this agreement with Mexico, the mainstream media would be praising her 24/7 and probably talking about a Nobel Peace Prize.

But you should hear CNN. Negative, negative, negative.

Entirely so.
Obama was given a nobel award for things he was going to do ............

I kid you not
Sprintcyclist
Jaguar

Postby Sprintcyclist » 09 Jun 2019, 19:11

And of course NOT a word here from the bulling lefty crew.

You people are total losers.
Stone cold dead losers.
Sprintcyclist
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 09 Jun 2019, 20:00

Sprintcyclist wrote:And of course NOT a word here from the bulling lefty crew.

You people are total losers.
Stone cold dead losers.

you can't read can you?
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby HBS Guy » 09 Jun 2019, 20:21

As to securing a second term—not if he keeps fucking up the economy.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Bongalong » 10 Jun 2019, 15:34

HBS Guy wrote:As to securing a second term—not if he keeps fucking up the economy.

You don't even know what fucking up the economy means!

:bike :bike
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 10 Jun 2019, 21:29

I remember asking Tex or Seth what they'd do if 500/5000 Venezualan homeless arrived at their border seeking asylum.

I don't know if I ever got a reply.. but .. or perhaps I should say SO... I'll ask again ... would you grant them asylum.?
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 10 Jun 2019, 21:36

So.. the BIGGEST GROWTH businesses will be Prisons, and the like. You can SAY one thing, but you CAN'T DO IT.
I understand people are already crowded into small spaces,, standing room only... BAD SHIT happening to HUMAN BEINGS.. your call..

But consider my point.

YOU THE US cannot do much about this. Helping these people would go a long way to saving your country. otherwise...? u r fucked. AND..? U deserve it....

Just like what will happen to Australia. The flow cannot be contained, whatever your big boss tells you.

of Us Vs Them

Just like here.... we''ve been feasting on the fat of the land.. profligate useless corrupt

so YES.. we will pay the price of our arrogance and the apparent entitlement we have to lay waste to anything that takes our fancy.. sometimes .. just for fun. :sad[/quote]

Pinkeye, your illegal immigration problem is nothing like ours is, thanks to the gigantic moat you have around your country. We've had over 600,000 illegals cross the border in the past 3 months.

If your country had the same problem, with the same numbers, I don't think your tone and tenor would be so self-righteous and condescending when speaking about our problem in the U.S.[/quote]

See, nothing self-righteous about it. proportionally we probably easily stack up to you guys..

We. as a nation only exist from 1901. So we are not especially unshakeable rocks of history for the human species.. likely we'll crash and burn, JUST LIKE all others before us. We think we have some higher ground..? Garbage, Just another turn of the page people.

AND GOOD FUCKING RIDDANCE,,, every other creature on earth will say.[/quote]

..and you honestly think a woman should be in charge of the worlds largest arsenal of Nuclear Weapons :tweed [/quote]

Absolutely. LOOK where MEN have gotten us.!!
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 11 Jun 2019, 13:57

pinkeye wrote:So.. the BIGGEST GROWTH businesses will be Prisons, and the like. You can SAY one thing, but you CAN'T DO IT.

But consider my point.

of Us Vs Them

so YES.. we will pay the price of our arrogance and the apparent entitlement we have to lay waste to anything that takes our fancy.. sometimes .. just for fun. :sad

If your country had the same problem, with the same numbers, I don't think your tone and tenor would be so self-righteous and condescending when speaking about our problem in the U.S.[/quote]

AND GOOD FUCKING RIDDANCE,,, every other creature on earth will say.[/quote]

..and you honestly think a woman should be in charge of the worlds largest arsenal of Nuclear Weapons :tweed [/quote]

Absolutely. LOOK where MEN have gotten us.!![/quote]
Yeh, to a place where women no longer die en masse in childbirth ya f'n ungrateful c***! :rofl
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Jaguar

Postby Dax » 11 Jun 2019, 14:22

pinkeye wrote:..and you honestly think a woman should be in charge of the worlds largest arsenal of Nuclear Weapons :tweed

Absolutely. LOOK where MEN have gotten us.!![/quote]

Now that's a perfect reason why society is falling apart, the PC crowd blame men for everything, when women are just as much to blame. Your statements shows how little you know about history, women have done just as many abominable things as men, you conveniently forget there have been just as many female leaders as men throughout history and they have been just as barbaric and deranged as the men.

You also conveniently forget it is men who have suffered the most in conflict assault and abuse, compared to women, men are 10 times more likely to suffer an assault and when it comes to wars, it's the women who sit at home whilst their men get slaughtered and collateral damage, effects males just as much as it effects females.

All this blame game stupidity is only making matters worse, it's just another sign of the growing collapse of world societies and all the fools are blaming each other, just another piece of evidence of the sociological war of attrition sweeping the planet and building up to the destruction of ideological humanity.

The PC crowd because they are so failed and inadequate in life, want to destroy society by tearing it apart. More people they scream, more open borders, men are to blame for everything and it's women who should be running the show. But one look at the female leaders of today, is no recommendation whatsoever, they are no different to the male leaders. Then we can look at the state of our children, cotton wool junk food addicts, obese, unhealthy, incapable of reading, writing legibly and useless except for taking stupid egocentric selfies and watching their phones and who brought them up, women.

Look at our jails, the majority of criminals come from single parented families, run by a woman and that's a fact in all supposed developed countries.

Yep, women have it all together. :rofl :rofl :rofl
Last edited by Dax on 11 Jun 2019, 14:30, edited 1 time in total.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby greggerypeccary » 11 Jun 2019, 14:27

Dax wrote:Now that's a perfect reason why society is falling apart, the PC crowd blame men for everything...

I've never seen that.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Dax » 11 Jun 2019, 14:33

greggerypeccary wrote:
Dax wrote:Now that's a perfect reason why society is falling apart, the PC crowd blame men for everything...

I've never seen that.

Maybe you should start reading and being involved in life, then you may get a real picture of the PC idiocy. But then again you support their insanity of open borders and freedom to change societies to suit the economic invaders, at others expense.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby greggerypeccary » 11 Jun 2019, 14:40

Dax wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

I've never seen that.

Maybe you should start reading and being involved in life, then you may get a real picture of the PC idiocy. But then again you support their insanity of open borders and freedom to change societies to suit the economic invaders, at others expense.

Give me some examples.

And, who exactly are the "PC crowd"?
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 11 Jun 2019, 14:53

greggerypeccary wrote:

I've never seen that.

That's because you come straight out of a comic book:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIjqKzhmNic[/youtube]
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Jaguar

Postby greggerypeccary » 11 Jun 2019, 14:57

Bongalong wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

I've never seen that.

Who are the "PC crowd"?

Do you have examples of them blaming men for everything?
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 11 Jun 2019, 14:59

greggerypeccary wrote:
Dax wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

I've never seen that.

Give me some examples.

You are the pc crowd... the only good thing you've done is stand up against copper internet around the necks of the kids of this country- which is highly commendable of course- but, in the end, who wouldn't stand up against total insanity!??!
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Jaguar

Postby Bongalong » 11 Jun 2019, 15:00

greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

I've never seen that.

Who are the "PC crowd"?

Examples wholly consist of so called "male feminists"!

:rofl
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Jaguar

Postby greggerypeccary » 11 Jun 2019, 15:28

Bongalong wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Dax wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

I've never seen that.

Give me some examples.

You are the pc crowd...

I don't blame men for everything.

So, it appears Dax was wrong (again).
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 11 Jun 2019, 15:35

greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Dax wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

I've never seen that.

Give me some examples.

You are the pc crowd...

I don't blame men for everything.

So, it appears Dax was wrong (again).

Well, you aren't a male feminist then are you buddy: congratulations! (Do you want a golf clap?)
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 11 Jun 2019, 23:00

greggerypeccary wrote:

I've never seen that.

Me either :rofl

You know? I just couldn't resist pushing a couple of HUGE buttons.... :rofl :rofl
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby Dax » 12 Jun 2019, 05:06

greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

I've never seen that.

Who are the "PC crowd"?

Maybe you should do a bit of reading the media articles by women and the comments here by the women. Just about every media article by a woman today is attacking men, the women here attack then constantly and yet they deny that, then try to claim they didn't or were pushing buttons, That's a pathetic excuse and reveals how inadequate they are and knowledge less, to dumb and fearful to educate themselves in reality and not just their pathetic blame game.
Dax
Cheetah

PreviousNext

Return to Politics