The Mexican Border:

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: The Mexican Border:

Postby greggerypeccary » 12 Jun 2019, 06:55

Dax wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Dax wrote:Now that's a perfect reason why society is falling apart, the PC crowd blame men for everything...

I've never seen that.

That's because you come straight out of a comic book:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIjqKzhmNic[/youtube]

Who are the "PC crowd"?

Do you have examples of them blaming men for everything?

Maybe you should do a bit of reading the media articles by women and the comments here by the women. Just about every media article by a woman today is attacking men, the women here attack then constantly and yet they deny that, then try to claim they didn't or were pushing buttons, That's a pathetic excuse and reveals how inadequate they are and knowledge less, to dumb and fearful to educate themselves in reality and not just their pathetic blame game.

Why are you so reluctant to provide examples?
greggerypeccary
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Postby Dax » 12 Jun 2019, 09:45

greggerypeccary wrote:
Dax wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Dax wrote:Now that's a perfect reason why society is falling apart, the PC crowd blame men for everything...

I've never seen that.

That's because you come straight out of a comic book:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIjqKzhmNic[/youtube]

Who are the "PC crowd"?

Do you have examples of them blaming men for everything?

Maybe you should do a bit of reading the media articles by women and the comments here by the women. Just about every media article by a woman today is attacking men, the women here attack then constantly and yet they deny that, then try to claim they didn't or were pushing buttons, That's a pathetic excuse and reveals how inadequate they are and knowledge less, to dumb and fearful to educate themselves in reality and not just their pathetic blame game.

Why are you so reluctant to provide examples?

Not going to do your research for you, if you're to ignorant in denial or fearful of doing your own research, stiff shit. I already have the information and done the research, it's clear you haven't, but you're a good point of amusement, for a clone.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby greggerypeccary » 12 Jun 2019, 09:56

Dax wrote:
Not going to do your research for you ...

It's not my research - it's your proof.

You made a claim, and now the onus is on you to provide evidence to support that claim.

Your refusal to do so confirms you were lying.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Texan » 12 Jun 2019, 10:03

I'm working in border towns this week at remote cable company distribution sites. Some are in neighborhoods and others are in empty pastures near the border. I'm worried about the snakes more than anything else.

It's kind of odd driving up to the immigration checkpoints on all of the Northbound highways. They have dogs patrolling the nearby grounds and lots of guns. I don't like being stopped and questioned without reasonable suspicion, but I do like seeing them be proactive with illegal immigration. They don't ask for any ID. They ask if I'm a US citizen and look into my vehicle to see if I'm smuggling illegals or anything else blatantly illegal. 5 seconds later, I'm on my way. A hispanic coworker of mine gets a little more scrutiny, but I speak more Spanish than him. His redneck accent says it all after about 15 seconds of talking with the officer.
Govern wisely, and as little as possible.
President Sam Houston
Texan
Cheetah

Postby Dax » 12 Jun 2019, 10:19

greggerypeccary wrote:
Dax wrote:

You made a claim, and now the onus is on you to provide evidence to support that claim.

Only on your simple mind drop kick. :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Dax
Cheetah

Postby greggerypeccary » 12 Jun 2019, 10:43

Dax wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Dax wrote:

No.

That's how the real world works.

Someone makes a claim, it's then their responsibility to provided the evidence to support that claim.

If they can't, it shows that the claim wasn't true.

You've demonstrated this wonderfully.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Dax » 12 Jun 2019, 11:05

greggerypeccary wrote:
Dax wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Dax wrote:

No.

Someone makes a claim, it's then their responsibility to provided the evidence to support that claim.

Grow up if possible, the claim I made is viewable to any who read the media around the globe and understand the real world, not your fantasy land world of urban squalor and PC correctness.

You have no idea what the real world consists of, that's blatantly clear. To really understand it you have to observe, travel, experience, read and analyse. All you've probably got is urban and tourist trail experience in life, so you know nothing other than what your PC masters program you with.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby greggerypeccary » 12 Jun 2019, 11:15

Dax wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Dax wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Dax wrote:

No.

Grow up if possible, the claim I made is viewable to any who read the media around the globe and understand the real world ...

Yet, you can't find a single example.

Oh dear.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 12 Jun 2019, 15:32

greggerypeccary wrote:
Dax wrote:

Greggy thinks he knows what method is lol :roll
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Jaguar

Postby Bongalong » 12 Jun 2019, 15:33

greggerypeccary wrote:
Dax wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Dax wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Dax wrote:

No.

Grow up if possible, the claim I made is viewable to any who read the media around the globe and understand the real world ...

Yet, you can't find a single example.

Oh dear.

Greggy thinks saying "oh dear" is method lol :hush :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Jaguar

Postby Bongalong » 12 Jun 2019, 15:36

greggerypeccary wrote:
Dax wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Dax wrote:

No.

.. greggy thinks he understands universal protocol! :rofl
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 12 Jun 2019, 19:48

SethBullock wrote:US makes deal with Mexico on tariffs, immigration, Trump announces

The U.S. has reached an agreement with Mexico that heads off the start of tariffs on Monday, President Trump said in Friday night tweets.

"I am pleased to inform you that The United States of America has reached a signed agreement with Mexico. The Tariffs scheduled to be implemented by the U.S. on Monday, against Mexico, are hereby indefinitely suspended," he said. "Mexico, in turn, has agreed to take strong measures to....stem the tide of Migration through Mexico, and to our Southern Border. This is being done to greatly reduce, or eliminate, Illegal Immigration coming from Mexico and into the United States. Details of the agreement will be released shortly by the State Department. Thank you!"

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-mak ... -announces

and once again the orange douche bag is foud to be lying

While Trump touts illusory deal, Mexico tells inconvenient truths

Since Friday afternoon, Donald Trump has made three related boasts about his policy toward Mexico. The first is that the president successfully forced our neighbors to impose dramatic new curbs on immigrants, thanks entirely to his tariffs threat. The second is that Mexico “agreed to immediately begin buying large quantities of agricultural product” from American farmers.

And the third is that the bilateral agreement includes secret benefits that Trump isn’t yet prepared to divulge to the public.

It quickly became obvious that the first claim is wrong, because the steps Mexico is taking were agreed to months ago. The second claim was also quickly debunked on a variety of levels, including the fact that there’s nothing in the agreement about agricultural purchases.

As for the Republican’s assurances about secret elements of the agreement, it wasn’t long before Mexican officials conceded they haven’t the foggiest idea what Trump was talking about.

The Mexican foreign minister said Monday that no secret immigration deal existed between his country and the United States, directly contradicting President Trump’s claim on Twitter that a “fully signed and documented” agreement would soon be revealed.

Speaking with reporters, Mexican Foreign Secretary Marcelo Ebrard held up a copy of the signed agreement and pointed to its provisions. Debunking the American president’s odd rhetoric, Ebrard said, “There is no other thing beyond what I have just explained.”

For good measure, the Mexican leader also made clear that Trump’s claim about “buying large quantities of agricultural product” is also untrue.

A reporter asked Trump yesterday why Mexico is denying the existence of a secret deal, if that side deal is real.

“I don’t think they’ll be denying it very long,” he replied.

It’s a curious posture: Trump, whose strained relationship with reality is well documented, insists the secret deal is real, but he can’t tell us what’s in it, when he’ll talk about it, or why the other party in the purported deal seems wholly unaware of it.

Last week, Trump made up a quote from NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg, who soon after made clear that he never said what Trump claimed he said. The incident served as a reminder of a rule the American president occasionally forgets: if he’s going to lie, he should avoid falsehoods that real people can easily discredit.

The Mexico “deal” offers notes in the same key: if Trump is going to make up details about a bilateral agreement, he really ought to avoid inventions that the other country can disprove.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/while-trump-touts-illusory-deal-mexico-tells-inconvenient-truths
:grn :grn

sorry Seth, Tex ... i know you guys were so hopeful, but you're being hoodwinked
:sad :sad
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Bongalong » 12 Jun 2019, 20:08

Lol, John doesn't know anything about selling product lol :bike :bike :bike :bike

The bloke all over the internet selling mass immigration pretends to be saint.

:roll
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 12 Jun 2019, 22:08

Dax wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

I've never seen that.

Mate..? you are seriously all in a lather about nothing. You guys are fucking incredibly blind... and fearful. :bgrin

I mean, what have you got to be afraid about..? THEY.. which I gather is WOMEN generally, are out to get you. !!? :roll :bgrin

See you are soeasy.. I could spend time setting you up.. but ,, I have better things to do with my time.

Dax? Bongalong? Your fears are basically, unfounded.

WHY don't we get back to the topic..? Yeah?

I still want a reply from Tex or Seth , about what they'd do if Venezualan refugees appeared at the border.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 12 Jun 2019, 22:17

I suppose I am being unfair here.
Tex and Seth are the products of their culture.
I guess I understand it is unreasonable to expect them to see what a complete disaster Trump is, not just for America, but the world.

It's unreasonable because they have thrown in everything they have, to support Trump, whether they realise it or not.
The world is on the CUSP people.
I think most people who support Trump are poorly educated. They never had the benefit of a wider perspective.
Seth and Tex..? you do the best you can from a ........................
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby Texan » 13 Jun 2019, 01:33

pinkeye wrote:I suppose I am being unfair here.
Tex and Seth are the products of their culture.
I guess I understand it is unreasonable to expect them to see what a complete disaster Trump is, not just for America, but the world.

It's unreasonable because they have thrown in everything they have, to support Trump, whether they realise it or not.
The world is on the CUSP people.
I think most people who support Trump are poorly educated. They never had the benefit of a wider perspective.
Seth and Tex..? you do the best you can from a ........................

....place that the whole world wants to be?
President Sam Houston
Texan
Cheetah

Postby pinkeye » 13 Jun 2019, 03:28

you think...?

Not the whole world my friend, just those who believe in what the US used to stand for. Your poor, your downtrodden... aren't wanted anymore.
And frankly, only people looking to benefit their lives want to go to the US.
Or talented people who want to get rich in music or movies. eg Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban. You welcome and fete folks like that yeah ??

All those people below your border, have been told how wonderful the US is. ( WAS) I guess it takes time for such a huge change in a formerly progressive nation, to sink in to the psyche of people who look to you for help and succour. That is now JUST a story. But they are still the same people you used to welcome.

I don't want to live in the US. I admit ( :roll ) when I was a kid, the US was the bee's knees, the cat's whiskers, the duck's nuts..... but as I matured I saw the truth. I really wish the US was still the great nation it was....

BUT

it isn't anymore. It is a country run by a wannabe dictator, a sick puppy, and you all would kiss his arse.

It's a worry. But hey I don't live there, thank fuck.!!
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 13 Jun 2019, 03:31

you think...?
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby Texan » 13 Jun 2019, 04:14

America is still the land of freedom and opportunity. The problem is that we have become too generous and offer more than opportunity. The world’s poor are rushing here for the freebies and we can’t afford to support them all. That “tired, poor, and hungry “ line is something the French put on the Statue of Liberty. We have always demanded that people come here legally and be disease free and willing to work to assimilate to American culture. The law is ignored, our services overwhelmed, and Americans are tired of it. You are starting to learn this in your larger cities.
President Sam Houston
Texan
Cheetah

Postby pinkeye » 13 Jun 2019, 04:33

Texan wrote:America is still the land of freedom and opportunity. The problem is that we have become too generous and offer more than opportunity. The world’s poor are rushing here for the freebies and we can’t afford to support them all. That “tired, poor, and hungry “ line is something the French put on the Statue of Liberty. We have always demanded that people come here legally and be disease free and willing to work to assimilate to American culture. The law is ignored, our services overwhelmed, and Americans are tired of it. You are starting to learn this in your larger cities.

Well then, what does your Constitution say about people fleeing oppression.? Or your Bill of Rights?

Could you please advise..? Because your LAW must be based on the premises therein, yeah?
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 13 Jun 2019, 04:40

Oh, and much as I think your avatar, your granddaughter, is a real cutey, I think the photo should be removed...
I understand you are proud of her BUT

I'd never display my grandchild to the unwholesome gaze of the internet.

I feel UNCOMFORTABLE, whenever I pay attention to it.

Please, find something else..? Too many sickos in the world... :jump

:sad :sad :sad :sad
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby SethBullock » 13 Jun 2019, 04:57

I like the picture.

I don’t live in fear of the internet, and I don’t think Texan does either.
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby Texan » 13 Jun 2019, 05:02

pinkeye wrote:
Texan wrote:America is still the land of freedom and opportunity. The problem is that we have become too generous and offer more than opportunity. The world’s poor are rushing here for the freebies and we can’t afford to support them all. That “tired, poor, and hungry “ line is something the French put on the Statue of Liberty. We have always demanded that people come here legally and be disease free and willing to work to assimilate to American culture. The law is ignored, our services overwhelmed, and Americans are tired of it. You are starting to learn this in your larger cities.

Well then, what does your Constitution say about people fleeing oppression.? Or your Bill of Rights?

Could you please advise..? Because your LAW must be based on the premises therein, yeah?

They don’t say anything about people fleeing oppression. The Constitution is the basis for American law and provides a declaration of our rights, but it provides no mandate to enforce these rights world wide. Our borders are sovereign and those who ignore that have no right to stay here. You are suggesting anarchy.
President Sam Houston
Texan
Cheetah

Postby Texan » 13 Jun 2019, 05:15

SethBullock wrote:I like the picture.

I don’t live in fear of the internet, and I don’t think Texan does either.

Maybe conjunctivitis would like to see my EDC instead. Emma is beautiful and would make a lovely avatar.
President Sam Houston
Texan
Cheetah

PreviousNext

Return to Politics