The Mexican Border:

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

The Mexican Border:

Postby Bongalong » 31 May 2019, 18:03

“On June 10th, the United States will impose a 5% Tariff on all goods coming into our Country from Mexico, until such time as illegal migrants coming through Mexico, and into our Country, STOP. The Tariff will gradually increase until the Illegal Immigration problem is remedied,” he wrote, “at which time the Tariffs will be removed.”

Mexico’s president, Andrés Manuel López Obrador, responded with a two-page letter to Trump on Thursday night.

“The Statue of Liberty is not an empty symbol,” he said.

“With all due respect, even though you have the right to say it, ‘make America great again’ is a fallacy because, until the end of times, and beyond national borders, universal justice and fraternity should prevail,” he wrote.

source: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... -migration
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Jaguar

spamone: Animal

Re: The Mexican Border:

Postby johnsmith » 31 May 2019, 19:41

watch the US economy tank :grn :grn :grn
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Bongalong » 04 Jun 2019, 12:51

johnsmith wrote:watch the US economy tank :grn :grn :grn

You're off your head buddy! Mexico can do nothing without America!
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Jaguar

Postby greggerypeccary » 04 Jun 2019, 13:00

greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 04 Jun 2019, 14:34

greggerypeccary wrote:Image

Wow, what does that mean? :roll
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Jaguar

Postby greggerypeccary » 04 Jun 2019, 14:37

Bongalong wrote:

It means that Donald Trump is a fucking idiot and a lying hypocrite.

That would hardly come as a surprise to anyone, though.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby SethBullock » 05 Jun 2019, 05:07

greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:

I think it means that trade with Mexico is fine, but that the Mexicans have to help us with illegal immigration from their narco sta ... I mean, country.
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby Texan » 05 Jun 2019, 06:02

I hope the wall is built with the tariff money. I’d relocate thousands of alligators into the Rio Grande as well. Illegal immigration is a plague.
Govern wisely, and as little as possible.
President Sam Houston
Texan
Cheetah

Postby greggerypeccary » 05 Jun 2019, 06:53

Texan wrote:I hope the wall is built with the tariff money. I’d relocate thousands of alligators into the Rio Grande as well. Illegal immigration is a plague.

You don't seem to have any problem with the millions of illegal immigrants in your country who arrived by plane.

Why is that?
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby greggerypeccary » 05 Jun 2019, 06:54

SethBullock wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:

I think it means that trade with Mexico is fine...

Some of them, I assume, are good people.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Texan » 05 Jun 2019, 09:22

greggerypeccary wrote:
Texan wrote:I hope the wall is built with the tariff money. I’d relocate thousands of alligators into the Rio Grande as well. Illegal immigration is a plague.

You don't seem to have any problem with the millions of illegal immigrants in your country who arrived by plane.

Why is that?

Of course I do, but we need laws and enforcement to make them leave. I would take away all government services.(school, welfare, licensing, etc...) Medical care would be restricted to emergency care and they would be deported upon discharge. Any illegal encountering a police officer would be immediately deported. Their family can go with them if they will show up. I would levy huge fines for knowingly hiring an illegal and stiff prison time for identity fraud. Illegals do that a lot to get jobs.

Of course, I'm not in charge and Trump can only do so much without Congress.
President Sam Houston
Texan
Cheetah

Postby greggerypeccary » 05 Jun 2019, 09:28

Texan wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

Why is that?

Of course I do, but we need laws and enforcement to make them leave. I would take away all government services.(school, welfare, licensing, etc...) Medical care would be restricted to emergency care and they would be deported upon discharge. Any illegal encountering a police officer would be immediately deported. Their family can go with them if they will show up. I would levy huge fines for knowingly hiring an illegal and stiff prison time for identity fraud. Illegals do that a lot to get jobs.

Trump has a history of knowingly employing illegal immigrants.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 05 Jun 2019, 13:02

Texan wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

Why is that?

Texan, you're talking to a country who has done this issue to death and we've had ten prime ministers in ten years as a result<!obvious sarcasm>. The Indonesians- who are the fourth most populace in the world behind America,... and 90% of them are muslim, feel it is their birthright to overtake Australia. So don't worry,... maybe we haven't got a land border with Mexico but compared to our measly population the fear is actually very very very real among the voting population... as you will observe by looking back at the not too distant history of Australian politics.... that is if you cared to you would see it stick out like dogs-balls as the number one issue.

You could argue it shouldn't be the number one issue as greg is trying to... but the facts are it is *after 9-11!

*See, the truth is: even I voted for John Howard twice after 9-11 and every single person on this forum knows I hate him and his party... but I voted for world stability in the governance sense and he happened to be the man in the job when it happened and I thought he deserved the confidence of the people ..... THAT, MY FRIEND, IS EXACTLY HOW THE SHITE WENT DOWN IN AUSTRALIA :Hi
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Jaguar

Postby greggerypeccary » 05 Jun 2019, 13:11

greggerypeccary wrote:
Texan wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

Why is that?

Trump has a history of knowingly employing illegal immigrants.

This doesn't bother you?

Trump hires illegal immigrants.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby greggerypeccary » 05 Jun 2019, 13:37

"President Trump’s family business has employed undocumented workers more broadly than it was previously believed, with multiple workers losing their jobs last month at a Trump golf club in southern New Jersey.

"The club in Pine Hill, N.J., known as the Trump National Golf Club Philadelphia, was the third Trump property where undocumented workers have been fired since The New York Times reported in December that the Trump club in Bedminster, N.J., for years employed immigrants who were in the country unlawfully."

Undocumented Workers Lose Their Jobs at Yet Another Trump Property: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/01/us/trump-workers-fired.html
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby greggerypeccary » 05 Jun 2019, 14:03

greggerypeccary wrote:"President Trump’s family business has employed undocumented workers more broadly than it was previously believed, with multiple workers losing their jobs last month at a Trump golf club in southern New Jersey.

"The club in Pine Hill, N.J., known as the Trump National Golf Club Philadelphia, was the third Trump property where undocumented workers have been fired since The New York Times reported in December that the Trump club in Bedminster, N.J., for years employed immigrants who were in the country unlawfully."

Undocumented Workers Lose Their Jobs at Yet Another Trump Property: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/01/us/trump-workers-fired.html

That's happening now.

What was Trump doing a few years back?

"In 1980, under pressure to begin construction on what would become his signature project, Donald J. Trump employed a crew of 200 undocumented Polish workers who worked in 12-hour shifts, without gloves, hard hats or masks, to demolish the Bonwit Teller building on Fifth Avenue, where the 58-story, golden-hued Trump Tower now stands.

"The workers were paid as little as $4 an hour for their dangerous labor, less than half the union wage, if they got paid at all."

Trump Paid Over $1 Million in Labor Settlement, Documents Reveal: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/27/nyregion/trump-tower-illegal-immigrant-workers-union-settlement.html

Why do you people continue to support this lying scumbag?
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby DreamRyderX » 05 Jun 2019, 15:47

Bongalong wrote:..
“On June 10th, the United States will impose a 5% Tariff on all goods coming into our Country from Mexico, until such time as illegal migrants coming through Mexico, and into our Country, STOP. The Tariff will gradually increase until the Illegal Immigration problem is remedied,” he wrote, “at which time the Tariffs will be removed.”

Mexico’s president, Andrés Manuel López Obrador, responded with a two-page letter to Trump on Thursday night.

“The Statue of Liberty is not an empty symbol,” he said.

“With all due respect, even though you have the right to say it, ‘make America great again’ is a fallacy because, until the end of times, and beyond national borders, universal justice and fraternity should prevail,” he wrote.

source: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... -migration

If that doesn't get Mexico's attention, putting a tax of 5% to 10% on every dollar being transferred from the USA (by migrants or illegals for that matter) to Mexico, Central America, & South America will make their re-fried bean chompin' jaws drop!

The mechanism is there, & the President just has to sign the order. The suckin' sound those transfers hear will be the sound of their transfer value dropping by 5% - 10%, & America's tax take surgin' by millions atop of millions each month! Image

..........................................................Image
The US Constitution is not an instrument for the US Government to restrain the American People,
it is an instrument for the American People to restrain the US Government.
-- Patrick Henry
DreamRyderX
Chihuahua

Postby Bongalong » 05 Jun 2019, 16:07

Greg is so jealous of America... :roll
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Jaguar

Postby greggerypeccary » 05 Jun 2019, 19:43

Bongalong wrote:Greg is so jealous of America... :roll

Yeah.

I wish I had an alleged child rapist with an IQ in single digits as MY President.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Texan » 05 Jun 2019, 23:35

greggerypeccary wrote:

Yeah.

I wish I had an alleged child rapist with an IQ in single digits as MY President.

Allegations are very easy to make. A 2 year legal anal exam didn’t turn up anything. Could you survive that? I don’t think most people could. You will be really upset when his accusers get the same and get different results.
President Sam Houston
Texan
Cheetah

Postby greggerypeccary » 06 Jun 2019, 07:07

Texan wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

Yeah.

Allegations are very easy to make. A 2 year legal anal exam didn’t turn up anything. Could you survive that? I don’t think most people could. You will be really upset when his accusers get the same and get different results.

Would you leave someone accused of rape (whose best friend is a convicted sex offender) alone with your kids, or grand kids?

I'm curious.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Texan » 06 Jun 2019, 07:24

greggerypeccary wrote:
Texan wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

Yeah.

Would you leave someone accused of rape (whose best friend is a convicted sex offender) alone with your kids, or grand kids?

I'm curious.

I wouldn't let any politician near my kids or grandkids?
President Sam Houston
Texan
Cheetah

Postby greggerypeccary » 06 Jun 2019, 08:11

Texan wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Texan wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

Yeah.

I'm curious.

I wouldn't let any politician near my kids or grandkids?

Especially not one accused of child rape.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 06 Jun 2019, 19:54

Allegations are, after all, very easy for a propaganda artist on the internet to make!

:bgrin
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Jaguar

Postby greggerypeccary » 06 Jun 2019, 20:16

Bongalong wrote:Allegations are, after all, very easy for a propaganda artist on the internet to make!

:bgrin

I have never accused Donald Trump of being a child rapist.

Never, ever.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Next

Return to Politics