ALP and Gough

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

ALP and Gough

Postby Chuck » 16 May 2019, 15:07

Labor is making a tactical mistake if they try to use GW as promotional tool.

If the young one's are concerned of the price of house spiralling. They need to talk to someone who lived during that era before voting.

Housing prices went astronomical high during his time in power. Many wives worked for quite a few years for nothing's trying to save decent deposit.

In those day the unaffordable house was the combination of the price of the property and the extreme interest rate -serviced predominantly on one income - compared today’s high property prices and extremely low interest rate.

All the chattels to fit out the house was expense compared to today’s prices. One had to basically buy one item at a time to fit out house etc

Chuck
Chuck
Chihuahua
 
Posts: 71
Joined: 11 May 2019, 19:39
spamone: Animal

Re: ALP and Gough

Postby HBS Guy » 16 May 2019, 15:25

Unemployment rate up to 5.2% from 5.0%.

Wages are flat, thanks to the Libs.
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 51534
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 15:37

Re: ALP and Gough

Postby Chuck » 16 May 2019, 18:41

HBS Guy wrote:Unemployment rate up to 5.2% from 5.0%.

Wages are flat, thanks to the Libs.


There wasn’t any restrictions on Labor State's increasing the wages of the Public Servants or hiring more people on short term contract. This would have put pressure on the private sector and initiate the dribble down theory’s to increase wages.

So Labor are just as guilty of keeping the wages flat.

All Labor State's have been guilty of keeping wages low, except for the Unions pressure that they consider essential services.

Chuck
Chuck
Chihuahua
 
Posts: 71
Joined: 11 May 2019, 19:39
spamone: Animal

Re: ALP and Gough

Postby johnsmith » 16 May 2019, 19:03

Chuck wrote:Labor is making a tactical mistake if they try to use GW as promotional tool.

If the young one's are concerned of the price of house spiralling. They need to talk to someone who lived during that era before voting.

Housing prices went astronomical high during his time in power. Many wives worked for quite a few years for nothing's trying to save decent deposit.

In those day the unaffordable house was the combination of the price of the property and the extreme interest rate -serviced predominantly on one income - compared today’s high property prices and extremely low interest rate.

All the chattels to fit out the house was expense compared to today’s prices. One had to basically buy one item at a time to fit out house etc

Chuck


have you got anything other than your opinion to support any of that?

Housing costs (either mortgage repayments or rent) used to account for 1/4 of someone salary based on the average salary, these days it accounts for about 60% of an average salary .. and even worse if you're in any of the big cities.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 8160
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: ALP and Gough

Postby Chuck » 16 May 2019, 20:12

johnsmith wrote:
Chuck wrote:Labor is making a tactical mistake if they try to use GW as promotional tool.

If the young one's are concerned of the price of house spiralling. They need to talk to someone who lived during that era before voting.

Housing prices went astronomical high during his time in power. Many wives worked for quite a few years for nothing's trying to save decent deposit.

In those day the unaffordable house was the combination of the price of the property and the extreme interest rate -serviced predominantly on one income - compared today’s high property prices and extremely low interest rate.

All the chattels to fit out the house was expense compared to today’s prices. One had to basically buy one item at a time to fit out house etc

Chuck


have you got anything other than your opinion to support any of that?

Housing costs (either mortgage repayments or rent) used to account for 1/4 of someone salary based on the average salary, these days it accounts for about 60% of an average salary .. and even worse if you're in any of the big cities.


If ur an old fart and not young person, u should kno the facts or research the internet - Emojis seem to suggest ur Internet skills

As an example a simple plastic lamp shade cost 10% of my wage.

Generally it is 60% of two incomes these days for lowly paid families.

Too many people are crying poor, because of their life style choice.

U use exclusion on people’s luck to justify their assets and greed to entitlement.

Yet, u want to punish people who acted as responsible citizens who purchased property where they could actually afford and not where they had a desire to live. Many sacrificed their young life style to minimise being a burden on the taxpayer.

Too many two income families with kids are simply acting as spoilt brats, who leech more money out of our tax coffer then they contribute. It has been confirmed by a Uni survey and research of tax records.

Chuck
Chuck
Chihuahua
 
Posts: 71
Joined: 11 May 2019, 19:39
spamone: Animal

Re: ALP and Gough

Postby johnsmith » 16 May 2019, 20:59

so you've nothing other than your misguided opinion to back your arguments then?

Just as I thought :rofl :rofl

you shouldn't use the word 'fact' in your comments when all you have is opinion.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 8160
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: ALP and Gough

Postby Chuck » 16 May 2019, 23:09

Loan Scandal.
During 1975, the Whitlam Government endured the "Overseas Loans Affair", the story of efforts by the Minister for Minerals and Energy, Rex Connor, Treasurer Dr. Jim Cairns, and others, to raise an overseas loan of $4 billion.

The loan was sought not from the traditional American and European sources, but from the Middle East, which was awash with “petrodollars”, following the quadrupling of oil prices in 1973 and 1974.

Wracked by economic difficulties and the political impact of the Loans Affair scandal, the Whitlam Government was vulnerable throughout 1975.

Some media reports: Whitlam was the worst Prime Minister Australia had seen, he was economically damaging, that he set up the culture of entitlement especially for health and university education, that he created the mentality of the dole bludger and so on.

Housing inflation
Annual median house prices ($) - capital cities
Year Sydney Melbourne
1972. 23,700. 15,000
1977. 39,200. 37,000

65%. 146%. Increase in 5 years under GW Labor

Sex Scandal
From Wikipedia.
Cairns was then Deputy Prime Minister and Treasurer in the Whitlam government.
The attraction soon became sexual, although whether and when their relationship became a sexual one remained a matter of controversy until 2002 when it was confirmed as such by Cairns.

Chuck
Chuck
Chihuahua
 
Posts: 71
Joined: 11 May 2019, 19:39
spamone: Animal

Re: ALP and Gough

Postby johnsmith » 17 May 2019, 17:22

Chuck wrote:Loan Scandal.
During 1975, the Whitlam Government endured the "Overseas Loans Affair", the story of efforts by the Minister for Minerals and Energy, Rex Connor, Treasurer Dr. Jim Cairns, and others, to raise an overseas loan of $4 billion.

The loan was sought not from the traditional American and European sources, but from the Middle East, which was awash with “petrodollars”, following the quadrupling of oil prices in 1973 and 1974.

Wracked by economic difficulties and the political impact of the Loans Affair scandal, the Whitlam Government was vulnerable throughout 1975.

Some media reports: Whitlam was the worst Prime Minister Australia had seen, he was economically damaging, that he set up the culture of entitlement especially for health and university education, that he created the mentality of the dole bludger and so on.

Housing inflation
Annual median house prices ($) - capital cities
Year Sydney Melbourne
1972. 23,700. 15,000
1977. 39,200. 37,000

65%. 146%. Increase in 5 years under GW Labor

Sex Scandal
From Wikipedia.
Cairns was then Deputy Prime Minister and Treasurer in the Whitlam government.
The attraction soon became sexual, although whether and when their relationship became a sexual one remained a matter of controversy until 2002 when it was confirmed as such by Cairns.

Chuck


where did you pull those numbers from? And why medium and not average? :roll
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 8160
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: ALP and Gough

Postby Chuck » 17 May 2019, 19:12

johnsmith wrote:
Chuck wrote:Loan Scandal.
During 1975, the Whitlam Government endured the "Overseas Loans Affair", the story of efforts by the Minister for Minerals and Energy, Rex Connor, Treasurer Dr. Jim Cairns, and others, to raise an overseas loan of $4 billion.

The loan was sought not from the traditional American and European sources, but from the Middle East, which was awash with “petrodollars”, following the quadrupling of oil prices in 1973 and 1974.

Wracked by economic difficulties and the political impact of the Loans Affair scandal, the Whitlam Government was vulnerable throughout 1975.

Some media reports: Whitlam was the worst Prime Minister Australia had seen, he was economically damaging, that he set up the culture of entitlement especially for health and university education, that he created the mentality of the dole bludger and so on.

Housing inflation
Annual median house prices ($) - capital cities
Year Sydney Melbourne
1972. 23,700. 15,000
1977. 39,200. 37,000

65%. 146%. Increase in 5 years under GW Labor

Sex Scandal
From Wikipedia.
Cairns was then Deputy Prime Minister and Treasurer in the Whitlam government.
The attraction soon became sexual, although whether and when their relationship became a sexual one remained a matter of controversy until 2002 when it was confirmed as such by Cairns.

Chuck

where did you pull those numbers from? And why medium and not average? :roll


Emoji man, get off ur lazy arse!

The taxpayers already spoon feed u with certain payments. The least u can do is search the Internet.

Chuck
Chuck
Chihuahua
 
Posts: 71
Joined: 11 May 2019, 19:39
spamone: Animal

Re: ALP and Gough

Postby johnsmith » 17 May 2019, 19:22

sorry dopey, but it's up to you to provide sources for your figures. That's how this works, a lack of a source usually means you're making shit up.

You must think all people are as stupid as you to take your word for anything. :rofl :rofl
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 8160
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: ALP and Gough

Postby Chuck » 17 May 2019, 19:29

johnsmith wrote:sorry dopey, but it's up to you to provide sources for your figures. That's how this works, a lack of a source usually means you're making shit up.

You must think all people are as stupid as you to take your word for anything. :rofl :rofl


What feeble excuse from a typical punce, who can’t think for themselves.

For a twit like u, simply enter the heading of the table and see what u come up with!

Chuck
Chuck
Chihuahua
 
Posts: 71
Joined: 11 May 2019, 19:39
spamone: Animal

Re: ALP and Gough

Postby Chuck » 17 May 2019, 19:37

johnsmith wrote:sorry dopey, but it's up to you to provide sources for your figures. That's how this works, a lack of a source usually means you're making shit up.

You must think all people are as stupid as you to take your word for anything. :rofl :rofl


Sorry, my previous post was inappropriate to a fellow poster.

Ur actually a F..wit

Chuck
Chuck
Chihuahua
 
Posts: 71
Joined: 11 May 2019, 19:39
spamone: Animal

Re: ALP and Gough

Postby johnsmith » 17 May 2019, 19:41

Chuck wrote:
johnsmith wrote:sorry dopey, but it's up to you to provide sources for your figures. That's how this works, a lack of a source usually means you're making shit up.

You must think all people are as stupid as you to take your word for anything. :rofl :rofl


What feeble excuse from a typical punce, who can’t think for themselves.

For a twit like u, simply enter the heading of the table and see what u come up with!

Chuck



it's basic forum etiquette to provide your source you fool. You'll find that if you stop pulling numbers out of your arse, it won't be an issue.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 8160
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 22:39
spamone: Animal

Re: ALP and Gough

Postby Chuck » 17 May 2019, 20:58

johnsmith wrote:
Chuck wrote:
johnsmith wrote:sorry dopey, but it's up to you to provide sources for your figures. That's how this works, a lack of a source usually means you're making shit up.

You must think all people are as stupid as you to take your word for anything. :rofl :rofl


What feeble excuse from a typical punce, who can’t think for themselves.

For a twit like u, simply enter the heading of the table and see what u come up with!

Chuck



it's basic forum etiquette to provide your source you fool. You'll find that if you stop pulling numbers out of your arse, it won't be an issue.


Do u kno the meaning of etiquette?

Chuck
Chuck
Chihuahua
 
Posts: 71
Joined: 11 May 2019, 19:39
spamone: Animal


Return to Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron