BS and his Hospitals and Schools

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

BS and his Hospitals and Schools

Postby Chuck » 15 May 2019, 19:08

Can some explain to me how the Labor party can dictate to a State to build schools and hospitals?

My limited knowledge is that the Federal govt allocates funds to the State's and they decide how it is spent.

Or am I correct in deducing that it is another deceptive campaign advertisement.

Cheers, Chuckle
Chuck
Feral cat

spamone: Animal

Re: BS and his Hospitals and Schools

Postby johnsmith » 15 May 2019, 19:12

Feds can set terms to the funding. If the states want it, they have to accept the terms. Otherwise they have the option of saying no thankyou and miss out on the money ...

but then they'd need to explain that to their constituents at the next state election.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Re: BS and his Hospitals and Schools

Postby Chuck » 15 May 2019, 19:32

johnsmith wrote:Feds can set terms to the funding. If the states want it, they have to accept the terms. Otherwise they have the option of saying no thankyou and miss out on the money ...

but then they'd need to explain that to their constituents at the next state election.

You would have heard about short term memory.

Chuck
Chuck
Feral cat

Return to Politics