Labor buying votes from Govt Pensioners

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: Labor buying votes from Govt Pensioners

Postby pinkeye » 16 May 2019, 23:35

what special group? of pensioners are specifically exempted by Shorten ( bearing in mind he isn't the PM)

No seriously... which special group of pensioners will get this refund anyway.?

You don't make sense.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Postby Chuck » 17 May 2019, 12:05

pinkeye wrote:what special group? of pensioners are specifically exempted by Shorten ( bearing in mind he isn't the PM)

No seriously... which special group of pensioners will get this refund anyway.?

You don't make sense.

Am I trying to convince a ball bearing or a brick wall!

Labor's original proposal was that any retiree, whether self-funded or on a govt pension would be denied a FC credit cash refund if they didn’t pay tax.

Due to the backlash by the pensioners lobbyists group(special group), Labor relented and now they will be entitled to a cash refund.

There no such thing as not paying ' double taxation' for certain group of investors on shares. It was merely Keating's psychology manipulation of the masses.

Any person with a bit of nouse, would kno that once u utilised the imputation credit to offset against ur tax obligation, u may need to pay additional tax on ur share investment. So the tax on your shares is paid by the company and on top of that as the owner.

As I pointed out in another post about the concept of imputation credit. Its aim was to encourage company's to contribute more to the tax coffer. Especially when there no compulsion for them to do so. Previously, with proper capital management, they could minimise their contribution to the taxman and still be able to pay unfranked dividends.

I’m not arguing for my own benefit as I am entitled to my measly $4000 cash refund. What is abhorrent is the divisive and discriminative nature being implemented midstream by Labor.

The Labor party since the Keating era, has become a slow motion Coalition party!

Chuck
Chuck
Jack Russell

Postby Dax » 17 May 2019, 16:51

Chuck wrote:
Dax wrote:You really don't have a clue do you, the current aged pension should be raise to the minimum wage, negative gearing and franking abolished.

BS ain't listening too u.
He is prepared to buy votes from the franking credits - from those that shouldn’t be entitled to it.

U mustn’t be aware what happened to the rental market when Keating got rid of NG.
He had to concede and re-introduce NG.

Dax wrote:Giving every aged retired person a pension, then expecting them to pay it back would result in a monstrous amount of time and to paper work. Then you have money sitting in the system allowing the banks to make more money whilst the real needy get left behind again.

U must consider Australian's are dumber then the people of NZ and UK when it comes to all retirees receiving the pension.

It would be the same as the current simple 1 page application form to receive the franking credit cash refund.

Same concept will apply if u income is below the upper limit of ur pension entitlement. No forms will need to be filled out.

Before calling people clueless, do a bit more research.

Chuck

Of course you're not listening to me and the truth, you never listen to anyone but your ego. My loife has been one of research, that;s why I got to where I am, proper research and not bullshit or empty hope because you may lose a couple of dollars, you're not entitled to.

It's really simple. if you don't pay any tax, you're not entitled to a refund of the nothing you paid. That makes no economic or logical sense, that would mean, as I pay no tax now, I should get a payment for my investments which is absolutely stupid as those who can afford to have extra homes etc, can also afford to pay for them without the people forking out.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby Chuck » 17 May 2019, 18:06

Dax wrote:
Chuck wrote:
Dax wrote:You really don't have a clue do you, the current aged pension should be raise to the minimum wage, negative gearing and franking abolished.

He is prepared to buy votes from the franking credits - from those that shouldn’t be entitled to it.

U mustn’t be aware what happened to the rental market when Keating got rid of NG.

Dax wrote:Giving every aged retired person a pension, then expecting them to pay it back would result in a monstrous amount of time and to paper work. Then you have money sitting in the system allowing the banks to make more money whilst the real needy get left behind again.

U must consider Australian's are dumber then the people of NZ and UK when it comes to all retirees receiving the pension.

It would be the same as the current simple 1 page application form to receive the franking credit cash refund.

Same concept will apply if u income is below the upper limit of ur pension entitlement. No forms will need to be filled out.

Chuck

Of course you're not listening to me and the truth, you never listen to anyone but your ego. My loife has been one of research, that;s why I got to where I am, proper research and not bullshit or empty hope because you may lose a couple of dollars, you're not entitled to.

It's really simple. if you don't pay any tax, you're not entitled to a refund of the nothing you paid. That makes no economic or logical sense, that would mean, as I pay no tax now, I should get a payment for my investments which is absolutely stupid as those who can afford to have extra homes etc, can also afford to pay for them without the people forking out.

I thought u would be better informed!

I don’t pay any tax as a self-funded retiree and am still entitled to a measly cash refund of about $4 grand, from my hobby investment in the share market.

Pls look up the ALP web site for amendments done, to buy the govt pensioners votes.
Just to give u a clue why I’m entitled to a cash refund. I’m an ex-service man who is sufferings from certain conditions.
To the idiots on this web site, it hasn’t anything to do with PSTD

I need to have a hobby to put up with my missus. I also have develop an interest how small shareholders can minimising the excess of CEO and the Board of Directors.

The initial Labor proposal would have disallowed me from receiving the cash refund - but BS need to buy votes from the receiver of a part govt pension- has exempted me from his initial denial.

Pls inform me if I have misinterpreted their web site.

Chuck
Chuck
Jack Russell

Postby pinkeye » 17 May 2019, 19:57

you can believe what you like.

The one fact clear is
IF YOU DO NOT PERSONALLY pay income tax, YOU are not entitled to any refund.

That is the crux of the matter.
If you DO..? get this gift,, you are taking from coffers, money you really aren't entitled to. Billions of dollars out of the common fund for health and welfare. (And I do NOT mean welfare in any pejorative form)

Now, through various mechanisms, you may have an indirect investment in shares, but that is 'indirect'. YOU don't get to claim a tax rebate as a refund if you don't personally pay tax.

You refer to a measly $4000 tax you've been getting, .. as a refund.. At least I think that is what you are saying, and as it's so measly you are owning engaging in this for others. :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bike :bike :bike
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby Chuck » 17 May 2019, 20:59

pinkeye wrote:you can believe what you like.

The one fact clear is
IF YOU DO NOT PERSONALLY pay income tax, YOU are not entitled to any refund.

That is the crux of the matter.
If you DO..? get this gift,, you are taking from coffers, money you really aren't entitled to. Billions of dollars out of the common fund for health and welfare. (And I do NOT mean welfare in any pejorative form)

Now, through various mechanisms, you may have an indirect investment in shares, but that is 'indirect'. YOU don't get to claim a tax rebate as a refund if you don't personally pay tax.

You refer to a measly $4000 tax you've been getting, .. as a refund.. At least I think that is what you are saying, and as it's so measly you are owning engaging in this for others. :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin :bike :bike :bike

Have u at least looked at the newer Labor web site which gives me the right to get the cash refund?
I gave u two simple clues, I SFed and ex-military.

Do me the courtesy by looking at the website and then tell me that I’ve misunderstood their intentions.

I’ve been known to misread things and my wife has a go at me regularly.

Cheers,
Chuck
Chuck
Jack Russell

Postby pinkeye » 17 May 2019, 21:53

sorry Chuck..
I do not look at websites/links/whatever. I refuse to get sucked into the current spin.

Too much information is worse than not enough, in respect of the ability to comprehend the message.

I just know what I am saying is the crux of it, from my personal experience,

AND LISTEN to your WIFE.! :thumb
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby Dax » 18 May 2019, 05:30

Chuck wrote:
Dax wrote:
Chuck wrote:

Chuck

I thought u would be better informed!

I don’t pay any tax as a self-funded retiree and am still entitled to a measly cash refund of about $4 grand, from my hobby investment in the share market.

Pls look up the ALP web site for amendments done, to buy the govt pensioners votes.
Just to give u a clue why I’m entitled to a cash refund. I’m an ex-service man who is sufferings from certain conditions.
To the idiots on this web site, it hasn’t anything to do with PSTD

I need to have a hobby to put up with my missus. I also have develop an interest how small shareholders can minimising the excess of CEO and the Board of Directors.

The initial Labor proposal would have disallowed me from receiving the cash refund - but BS need to buy votes from the receiver of a part govt pension- has exempted me from his initial denial.

Pls inform me if I have misinterpreted their web site.

Chuck

Think you've misinterpreted life, what has your life style have to do with getting free money from the people, when you've done nothing to deserve it. You think you're the only one who is a veteran and suffers from their experience, is self funded and doesn't deserves a free hand out, grow up and stop moaning. Get a life and stop blaming everyone else for your inadequacy. What you call a measly amount, could be helping some one who has not had the opportunities to become self funded and needs the help, you're just a selfish prick.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby johnsmith » 18 May 2019, 08:16

Chuck wrote:I don’t pay any tax as a self-funded retiree and am still entitled to a measly cash refund of about $4 grand, from my hobby investment in the share market.

so you don't pay tax, but you feel entitled to a tax refund? Refund for what? You haven't paid anything you fool.

And you have the hide to call others free loaders

one of the few times I agree with Dax in that you are just a selfish prick.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Chuck » 18 May 2019, 10:54

johnsmith wrote:
Chuck wrote:I don’t pay any tax as a self-funded retiree and am still entitled to a measly cash refund of about $4 grand, from my hobby investment in the share market.

so you don't pay tax, but you feel entitled to a tax refund? Refund for what? You haven't paid anything you fool.

And you have the hide to call others free loaders

one of the few times I agree with Dax in that you are just a selfish prick.

No more selfish than the wealthy property owners on a part pension, who can still have a reasonable share portfolio and get the cash refund. BS conceded to their demands, what a snowflake.

If Labor stuck to it original intention on the issue of FC, it would be fairer to all retirees.

Chuck
Chuck
Jack Russell

Postby HBS Guy » 18 May 2019, 10:59

Need to be on a fair wicket to have enough shares for a cash refund.

If the scheme had to be massaged a bit so be it—Bill IS trying to win an election and doing that with a swag of released policies. Libs have no policies.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Chuck » 18 May 2019, 11:20

HBS Guy wrote:Need to be on a fair wicket to have enough shares for a cash refund.

Not so! Some folks may have more sense than others and retained the few shares that they inherited or through an employee scheme.

Would u concede that could be a possibility?

Chuck
Chuck
Jack Russell

Postby johnsmith » 18 May 2019, 12:50

HBS Guy wrote:No more selfish than the wealthy property owners on a part pension, who can still have a reasonable share portfolio and get the cash refund. BS conceded to their demands, what a snowflake.

are they the imaginary ones in your head?
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Chuck » 18 May 2019, 14:05

johnsmith wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:No more selfish than the wealthy property owners on a part pension, who can still have a reasonable share portfolio and get the cash refund. BS conceded to their demands, what a snowflake.

That is mentioned by a number of professional commentators who are more knowledgeable then both of us
Chuck
Jack Russell

Postby johnsmith » 18 May 2019, 14:24

Chuck wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

That is mentioned by a number of professional commentators who are more knowledgeable then both of us

so it was the ones in your head. I thought as much.
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Chuck » 18 May 2019, 17:36

pinkeye wrote:sorry Chuck..
I do not look at websites/links/whatever. I refuse to get sucked into the current spin.

Too much information is worse than not enough, in respect of the ability to comprehend the message.

I just know what I am saying is the crux of it, from my personal experience,

AND LISTEN to your WIFE.! :thumb

I was expecting a reply from u in regards 'acts as a withholding tax' which means it appears as being a withholding tax.

Give the posters on this site a more in-depth explanation about the benefits of FC from a company point of view and not the shareholders side.

They may then have a better understanding why it was an encouragement for companies to move away from making an intentional loss and still being able to pay out unfranked dividends.

I’m trying to understand all this sort of stuff which was initially a hobby and now I have developed a greater interest in this area.
I would love to get more knowledge on how to circumvent the excess of a company's remuneration policy.

U may be the person that can act as an advisor to me for the next shareholder's meeting

U have disappointed me in not answering back about Keating's introductions of the '4% depreciation on investment property' as a replacement for NG. Then the need for Keating to reintroduce NG because of the failure of the depreciation legislation increasing rental stock

I noticed that BH must have advised BS to target a select group, and keep badgering the community that those 'rich bastards' - remember the pilot strike.

All Unionists should be aware that this person set the foundation stone for the downward spiral of the Union movement.

Previously, no Coalition govt. was ever game enough to enlist the military in breaking up a strike.
It set the precedent for Howard to enlist former military personnel to act as mercenaries to break the Maritime Union strike.

I’m dribbling more, because the vino is making my mind to wander.

Chuck
Chuck
Jack Russell

Previous

Return to Politics