Labor buying votes from Govt Pensioners

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Labor buying votes from Govt Pensioners

Postby Chuck » 14 May 2019, 18:04

Labor politicians are redefining what constitutes 'wealth', by giving franking credit as cash refund to part pensioners.

So you could live in a million dollar property and receive $1 in a pension and be entitled to a franking credit cash refund.
Yet others who live in a working class suburb with low property value but having being frugal being denied a measly $5,000 as cash refund.

My recollection is that Keating's Imputation credit legislation denied people on a govt. pension to claim anything if they were below the tax threshold.

It appears Bill Shorten isn’t interested in fixing the so called budget issue, by gifting these pensioners, for their votes.

He rather cause division amongst retirees to get into power!

Chuck
Chuck
Chihuahua

spamone: Animal

Re: Labor buying votes from Govt Pensioners

Postby HBS Guy » 14 May 2019, 19:36

You have lots of things muddled there.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby johnsmith » 14 May 2019, 20:24

Chuck wrote:So you could live in a million dollar property and receive $1 in a pension and be entitled to a franking credit cash refund.

I doubt anyone ever got a $1 in pension. If you can't get the basics right, what hope is there for the rest?
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Chuck » 14 May 2019, 20:43

If you can get at least $1 in govt. pension, ur entitled to subsidies pharmaceutical prescription and entitled to many state govt allowance for electricity etc.

So many people rearrange or manipulate their material and financial assets to gain at least $1 dollar in pension.

Now Shorten, is giving the wealthy property owners the frank credit cash refund and denying them to the poorer valued property retirees owners who own a few shares and earn less then $18,200.

Chuck
Chuck
Chihuahua

Postby johnsmith » 14 May 2019, 20:49

Chuck wrote: ur entitled to subsidies pharmaceutical prescription and entitled to many state govt allowance for electricity etc

you can get that even without a pension

Chuck wrote:Now Shorten, is giving the wealthy property owners the frank credit cash refund and denying them to the poorer valued property retirees owners who own a few shares and earn less then $18,200.

depends on what you consider 'wealthy property'. If you're in Sydney or Melbourne and your property is worth only one million, you're probably doing poorly.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby pinkeye » 15 May 2019, 01:41

No CHUCK.
Get it right for fucks sake.
Imputation credits were only ever designed to offset a tax balance due to be paid in a financial yr. And only where the income from those dividends attracted tax. No tax owed? no credit.applied. FAIR.!! ... The company already paid the tax, so the imputed credits were so that a taxpayer owning shares didn't pay tax again. It was OFFSET, by the franking credits.
No tax due..? No imputation credits apply.

So, since Howard changed the original rules, Australia has been doing ridiculously, what no other country does, and that is gift people who own shares a refund, when they are not entitled to one. It was a vote buyer for Howard, but now it is just BAD.

Do you understand.? Chuck?
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby pinkeye » 15 May 2019, 01:42

Chuck wrote:Labor politicians are redefining what constitutes 'wealth', by giving franking credit as cash refund to part pensioners.

So you could live in a million dollar property and receive $1 in a pension and be entitled to a franking credit cash refund.
Yet others who live in a working class suburb with low property value but having being frugal being denied a measly $5,000 as cash refund.

My recollection is that Keating's Imputation credit legislation denied people on a govt. pension to claim anything if they were below the tax threshold.

It appears Bill Shorten isn’t interested in fixing the so called budget issue, by gifting these pensioners, for their votes.

He rather cause division amongst retirees to get into power!

Chuck

Well CHUCK.. you are wrong. Try harder yeah?
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby Dax » 15 May 2019, 11:03

pinkeye wrote:No CHUCK.
Get it right for fucks sake.
Imputation credits were only ever designed to offset a tax balance due to be paid in a financial yr. And only where the income from those dividends attracted tax. No tax owed? no credit.applied. FAIR.!! ... The company already paid the tax, so the imputed credits were so that a taxpayer owning shares didn't pay tax again. It was OFFSET, by the franking credits.
No tax due..? No imputation credits apply.

So, since Howard changed the original rules, Australia has been doing ridiculously, what no other country does, and that is gift people who own shares a refund, when they are not entitled to one. It was a vote buyer for Howard, but now it is just BAD.

Do you understand.? Chuck?

Don't think you do, far from it. To buy the votes of pensioners, you need to raise the aged pension, which should be the minimum wage. The opposite to what politicians and idiots claiming, raising the aged pension to the minimum wage, would cost a lot of money, but that money would go back into the economy and be spread round the country. Currently it's the aged who travel and spend money in rural areas. the young just waste it in urban squalor. Keeping pensioners in poverty would be ok, if the same rules applied to politicians and senior bureaucrats who are ripping the system off.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby Chuck » 15 May 2019, 16:03

johnsmith wrote:[depends on what you consider 'wealthy property'. If you're in Sydney or Melbourne and your property is worth only one million, you're probably doing poorly.

So u have joined the bandwagon of redefining the word 'WEALTHY'.

It still an asset that can be monetised to aid fixing the budget problem!

BS and CB should simply force u to relocate and pay ur dues to the taxman.

It’s simple the same as a Council or State Govt. resuming property for the benefit of the community.

Chuck
Chuck
Chihuahua

Postby johnsmith » 15 May 2019, 18:02

Chuck wrote:So u have joined the bandwagon of redefining the word 'WEALTHY'.

why did you leave 'property' of the end of that? Dishonest little bugger aren't you?

Chuck wrote:It still an asset that can be monetised to aid fixing the budget problem!

Do you know what it costs to rent a house in Sydney or Melbourne? .. and strop pretending you care about the budget ... you only joined here to whinge about the franking credits. Let me guess, anything goes to fix the budget as long as it doesn't affect you, right?

Chuck wrote:BS and CB should simply force u to relocate and pay ur dues to the taxman.

that's such a ridiculous idea.

Chuck wrote:It’s simple the same as a Council or State Govt. resuming property for the benefit of the community.

i bet you even call labor and their supporters 'communists' :grn
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Chuck » 15 May 2019, 18:46

John Smith said "Do you know what it costs to rent a house in Sydney or Melbourne? .. and strop pretending you care about the budget ... you only joined here to whinge about the franking credits.

Let me guess, anything goes to fix the budget as long as it doesn't affect you, right?"

Aren’t u using the same logic to protect ur interest - u have a preference to duck shove the burden on others.

Simply, said we shouldn’t be discriminated by exclusive legislation within the retirement group.
Especially, when Keating franking credit mantra also excluded people on a govt. pension.

Don’t tell me your problems! Yours a life style choice and everyone should be burden to fix the budget.

U appear to having trouble understanding what constitutes being wealthy.

Wouldn’t surprise me that ur total wealth is more then my!

Chuck

Chuck
Chuck
Chihuahua

Postby HBS Guy » 15 May 2019, 18:47

Chuck, like Dax, is rapidly becoming a “don’t bother to read.”
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Chuck » 15 May 2019, 19:21

HBS Guy wrote:Chuck, like Dax, is rapidly becoming a “don’t bother to read.”

I challenge u to prove that my comments are crap.

Or is this the typical dumb arse or brainwashed Labor voter tactic! Admitting incompetence in putting forward valid points.

Just to stir up a bit more, this is the first that I've vote against my local Labor member because of the snivelling BS and arrogant CB.

I my area, the majority of my former unionist work colleagues have disclosed that they have voted against Labor.
Many have voted for the radical minor parties!

Many are hoping that at a minimum, that Labor doesn’t get control of the Senate.

The rank and file unionists think Labor stink, which is contrary to the belief of the Union leaders and ACTU.

Chuck
Chuck
Chihuahua

Postby johnsmith » 15 May 2019, 19:42

Chuck wrote:John Smith said "Do you know what it costs to rent a house in Sydney or Melbourne? .. and strop pretending you care about the budget ... you only joined here to whinge about the franking credits.

Let me guess, anything goes to fix the budget as long as it doesn't affect you, right?"

Aren’t u using the same logic to protect ur interest - u have a preference to duck shove the burden on others.

Simply, said we shouldn’t be discriminated by exclusive legislation within the retirement group.
Especially, when Keating franking credit mantra also excluded people on a govt. pension.

Don’t tell me your problems! Yours a life style choice and everyone should be burden to fix the budget.

Chuck

Chuck

I neither lose nor gain anything with any of labors policies, so my 'interests' aren't an issue here one way or the other. Labor announced thos policy 2 years ago so if you get caught short with it, it's your own damn fault. At least you have the comfort of knowing that if worse comes to worse, you have the pension to fall back on. You claim you own your house. A pension is plenty for you if that's the case.

I don't get anything from the govt. even though I am probably entitled, so my 'lifestyle' has nothing to do with it.

People getting back refunds for tax they didn't pay, is nothing short of a scam. It should never have happened and it was never part of the original policy when franking credits were introduced. It already costs our budget more than the total amount spent of welfare. It is estimated that by 2030, it will cost the budget $50B per annum if it's allowed to continue. Why should everyone else pay for your 'lifestyle choice''? Govt. is there to provide a safety net for those that need it, not a lifestyle choice for retirees.

Also, what you deem 'wealth' is subjective. It depends a lot on where you are. If you're in a small town in Tassie, a $1m house will buy you a mansion. In Sydney, it buys you a very basic house. Most pensioners in these 'million dollar homes' you go on about have been living there for an awful long time. They weren't million dollar homes when they bought them. Their families and friends are typically in the same area ... you want to forcibly move them to the bush just so you can continue to get your franking credits? Just how selfish are you?

And my wealth is irrelevant. I own my house because I paid for it. I also pay my taxes so that when I retire, if needed, I will have the safety net of a pension to see me through. I have absolutely no desire to see that threatened because you want a refund for something you never paid. Do you even know what a refund is?
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Aussie » 15 May 2019, 19:54

I my area, the majority of my former unionist work colleagues have disclosed that they have voted against Labor.
Many have voted for the radical minor parties!

Many are hoping that at a minimum, that Labor doesn’t get control of the Senate.

The rank and file unionists think Labor stink, which is contrary to the belief of the Union leaders and ACTU.

Chuck

I believe you Chuck, I really do.

Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby pinkeye » 16 May 2019, 02:46

johnsmith wrote:
Chuck wrote:John Smith said "Do you know what it costs to rent a house in Sydney or Melbourne? .. and strop pretending you care about the budget ... you only joined here to whinge about the franking credits.

Chuck

Chuck

I neither lose nor gain anything with any of labors policies, so my 'interests' aren't an issue here one way or the other. Labor announced thos policy 2 years ago so if you get caught short with it, it's your own damn fault. At least you have the comfort of knowing that if worse comes to worse, you have the pension to fall back on. You claim you own your house. A pension is plenty for you if that's the case.

I don't get anything from the govt. even though I am probably entitled, so my 'lifestyle' has nothing to do with it.

People getting back refunds for tax they didn't pay, is nothing short of a scam. It should never have happened and it was never part of the original policy when franking credits were introduced. It already costs our budget more than the total amount spent of welfare. It is estimated that by 2030, it will cost the budget $50B per annum if it's allowed to continue. Why should everyone else pay for your 'lifestyle choice''? Govt. is there to provide a safety net for those that need it, not a lifestyle choice for retirees.

Also, what you deem 'wealth' is subjective. It depends a lot on where you are. If you're in a small town in Tassie, a $1m house will buy you a mansion. In Sydney, it buys you a very basic house. Most pensioners in these 'million dollar homes' you go on about have been living there for an awful long time. They weren't million dollar homes when they bought them. Their families and friends are typically in the same area ... you want to forcibly move them to the bush just so you can continue to get your franking credits? Just how selfish are you?

And my wealth is irrelevant. I own my house because I paid for it. I also pay my taxes so that when I retire, if needed, I will have the safety net of a pension to see me through. I have absolutely no desire to see that threatened because you want a refund for something you never paid. Do you even know what a refund is?

Thank you JS.

This particular issue is poorly understood in the electorates.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby Chuck » 16 May 2019, 13:15

johnsmith wrote:I neither lose nor gain anything with any of labors policies, so my 'interests' aren't an issue here one way or the other. Labor announced thos policy 2 years ago so if you get caught short with it, it's your own damn fault.

Wrong, once again! BS didn’t stick to the original announcement that he made 2 years ago. if he had I wouldn’t be carrying on about the loss of FC.
Keating excluded all pensioners receiving the FC if their income was below the tax threshold.
Prior to Labor increasing the tax threshold to $18,200, some pensioners were possibly paying tax from their share investment.

The increase in the threshold had nothing to do with being generous to the people. But, It had to do with the processing cost to the tax dept. It turned out to be cheaper to increase the threshold then deal with millions of tax return.

He modified his announcement to buy votes, simple as that!

johnsmith wrote:I don't get anything from the govt. even though I am probably entitled, so my 'lifestyle' has nothing to do with it.
I’m arguing for other's, as this proposal doesn’t affect me.

The Treasury dept. defines the imputation credit as a withholding tax, as one of it design motives was to act as an incentive for company's to pay more tax then they needed too. Previous company's would ensure they had a losses which still allowed them to pay unfranked credit. This is my understanding from what I’ve read.

johnsmith wrote: Also, what you deem 'wealth' is subjective. It depends a lot on where you are. If you're in a small town in Tassie, a $1m house will buy you a mansion. ..... In Sydney,.... Most pensioners in these 'million dollar homes' you go on aboutw have been living there for an awful long time. They weren't million dollar homes when they bought them. Their families and friends are typically in the same area ... you want to forcibly move them to the bush just so you can continue to get your franking credits? Just how selfish are you?

Some toff in Toorak would claim that they are poor, if wealth was a subjective excuse accepted by Centrelink or the tax dept. The property has a certain value and the numerical figure classify what is being wealthy.

I'm materially poor but other's have deemed me to be wealthy. You could sell your million dollar property and I can upgrade to higher valued property and be reclassified as poor.

Like I've mentioned before, I live in a working class area which is 45 K's from the city centre. As u mentioned, why should we move, my wife loves living here and refuse to move.

Like u it’s a life style choice.

As I mentioned previously, Council's and State's can force u out of ur home for the benefit of the community. They expect u to view it as a positive move.

Instead of placing mental and financial duress on retirees, the simple solution is to give every retiree the pension.
Deem it as assessable income for tax purposes if you income is over the pension upper limit, simply pay the tax.

Chuck
Chuck
Chihuahua

Postby Dax » 16 May 2019, 17:45

Chuck wrote:Instead of placing mental and financial duress on retirees, the simple solution is to give every retiree the pension.
Deem it as assessable income for tax purposes if you income is over the pension upper limit, simply pay the tax.
Chuck

You really don't have a clue do you, the current aged pension should be raise to the minimum wage, negative gearing and franking abolished. Giving every aged retired person a pension, then expecting them to pay it back would result in a monstrous amount of time and to paper work. Then you have money sitting in the system allowing the banks to make more money whilst the real needy get left behind again.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby Chuck » 16 May 2019, 18:17

Dax wrote:You really don't have a clue do you, the current aged pension should be raise to the minimum wage, negative gearing and franking abolished.

BS ain't listening too u.
He is prepared to buy votes from the franking credits - from those that shouldn’t be entitled to it.

U mustn’t be aware what happened to the rental market when Keating got rid of NG.
He had to concede and re-introduce NG.

Dax wrote:Giving every aged retired person a pension, then expecting them to pay it back would result in a monstrous amount of time and to paper work. Then you have money sitting in the system allowing the banks to make more money whilst the real needy get left behind again.

U must consider Australian's are dumber then the people of NZ and UK when it comes to all retirees receiving the pension.

It would be the same as the current simple 1 page application form to receive the franking credit cash refund.

Same concept will apply if u income is below the upper limit of ur pension entitlement. No forms will need to be filled out.

Before calling people clueless, do a bit more research.

Chuck
Chuck
Chihuahua

Postby johnsmith » 16 May 2019, 19:10

Chuck wrote:Wrong, once again! BS didn’t stick to the original announcement that he made 2 years ago. if he had I wouldn’t be carrying on about the loss of FC.

the only difference to that announced 2 years ago is that he exempted pensioners. For anyone not on a pension, nothing changed from the policy announced 2 years ago. If anyone gets caught, it's their own fault for not being proactive ... it's not like it wasn't obvious labor was likely to win the election 2 years ago :roll

Chuck wrote:Prior to Labor increasing the tax threshold to $18,200, some pensioners were possibly paying tax from their share investment.

tax free threshold should go up to about $40k. It's ridiculous setting it so low

Chuck wrote:I’m arguing for other's, as this proposal doesn’t affect me.

your argument is flawed.

Chuck wrote:He modified his announcement to buy votes, simple as that!

gee, who ever heard of a politician trying to get people to vote for them ... what'll they think of next?

Chuck wrote:Like I've mentioned before, I live in a working class area which is 45 K's from the city centre. As u mentioned, why should we move, my wife loves living here and refuse to move.

Like u it’s a life style choice.

lifestyle choice my arse.
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Chuck » 16 May 2019, 19:42

Chuck wrote:
Dax wrote:You really don't have a clue do you, the current aged pension should be raise to the minimum wage, negative gearing and franking abolished.

He is prepared to buy votes from the franking credits - from those that shouldn’t be entitled to it.

U mustn’t be aware what happened to the rental market when Keating got rid of NG.

Dax wrote:Giving every aged retired person a pension, then expecting them to pay it back would result in a monstrous amount of time and to paper work. Then you have money sitting in the system allowing the banks to make more money whilst the real needy get left behind again.

U must consider Australian's are dumber then the people of NZ and UK when it comes to all retirees receiving the pension.

It would be the same as the current simple 1 page application form to receive the franking credit cash refund.

Same concept will apply if u income is below the upper limit of ur pension entitlement. No forms will need to be filled out.

Chuck

Sounds like u are prepared to swindle people for ur advantages in any manner!

A simple solution would be to put a limit of what the FC cash refund could be received - $10 grand as an example. Such a simple solution, yet Labor chooses to cause division amongst retirees.

Labor adherents, should force the Labor pollies, to stick to Keating's intention - an argument that is used to justify the elimination of cash refund.

I noticed that u never responded to my suggestion about instigating an up limit for NG. Are u, or have interested in buying two investment properties?

Chuck
Chuck
Chihuahua

Postby Dax » 16 May 2019, 20:33

Chuck wrote:

Chuck

I've owned rental properties since the 1960's and my company owns a lot, as far as keating is concerned, he was one of the worst ministers and leaders ever. Like most clones, you're listening to the propaganda when it's the reality you should be looking at and if you're not in the game, them you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

The rental problem is because of negative gearing, especially overseas owners, they advertise their properties for rent, offering a prohibitive rent or they never interview anyone and then claim everything, That's the problem, and you will find those politicians with more than 2 houses, do that a lot as does senior bureaucrats and they brag about it. Negative gearing only really benefits the rich, those that own one home and rent it out, if they get less of a return than their payouts, they are doing it wrong. Why should the average tax payer prop them up, if they're too bloody incompetent to run their own affairs.

The real facts are, if NG is cut out there will be a huge increase in available rental properties and because competition will rise, prices will drop. Our properties are always tenanted, because we base our rents on affordability and percentage of yearly tenancy. Places like motels may have a tenancy rate 100% of 10-30% of the year, this means you have to have higher prices to compensate for the lack of income for at least 70% of the year and to cover all rooms. Same goes for houses, have people in them 100% of the time and you don't have to compensate for any shortfall in occupancy.

These corrupt politicians have homes that they their partners or trust own, so they live there free when in parliament, then claim NG for all their non loses for the year. Anyone claiming that's fair is brain dead. It's the same with all those huge office towers that sit empty. developers build them for negative gearing and nothing else because they know there is no market for offices and they also know their is a limited market for extremely expensive miniature apartments. They survive by NG and getting Aus tax payers to provide their profit growth, all they have to do is build, advertise, then sit back and let the Aus taxpayer feed their bank balance.

You're demanding we support financially major corporations and billionaires profit growth, when we should be supporting our own people. The only way to do that, is to open up more rental accommodation and drop prices. To do that, you have to take away the incentive to NG and have a truly open and free market. To get that you need real competition and you will never get that if you;re going to prop up those that rort the system and those that abuse it, there is no hope of the rental market offering more places and lower prices.

Only real competition can do that and corporations rich elites, are only interested in profit growth. I know, our company seeks profit growth, but we do it by improving services, operations, opening up more markets and in the case of our accommodation, long term reliable tenants.

Negative gearing, does the opposite and that's why we have the situation we have, irrelevant to whether one or two little people may be effected. Look at all the empty shops, to expensive to rent and in reality the owners should be going backwards, but finance part of it, then negative gear. The property costs them nothing, they have no outlays other than essential maintenance and the valuations increase. So they are making a profit out of our tax money, learn the facts, which people rarely do before jumping on the propaganda bandwagon.

If people learnt the real facts, there would none of these parties and brain dead ideological clones in power.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby Chuck » 16 May 2019, 21:22

Dax wrote:
Chuck wrote:

Chuck

I've owned rental properties since the 1960's and my company owns a lot, as far as keating is concerned, he was one of the worst ministers and leaders ever. Like most clones, you're listening to the propaganda when it's the reality you should be looking at and if you're not in the game, them you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

The rental problem is because of negative gearing, especially overseas owners, they advertise their properties for rent, offering a prohibitive rent or they never interview anyone and then claim everything, That's the problem, and you will find those politicians with more than 2 houses, do that a lot as does senior bureaucrats and they brag about it. Negative gearing only really benefits the rich, those that own one home and rent it out, if they get less of a return than their payouts, they are doing it wrong. Why should the average tax payer prop them up, if they're too bloody incompetent to run their own affairs.

The real facts are, if NG is cut out there will be a huge increase in available rental properties and because competition will rise, prices will drop. Our properties are always tenanted, because we base our rents on affordability and percentage of yearly tenancy. Places like motels may have a tenancy rate 100% of 10-30% of the year, this means you have to have higher prices to compensate for the lack of income for at least 70% of the year and to cover all rooms. Same goes for houses, have people in them 100% of the time and you don't have to compensate for any shortfall in occupancy.

These corrupt politicians have homes that they their partners or trust own, so they live there free when in parliament, then claim NG for all their non loses for the year. Anyone claiming that's fair is brain dead. It's the same with all those huge office towers that sit empty. developers build them for negative gearing and nothing else because they know there is no market for offices and they also know their is a limited market for extremely expensive miniature apartments. They survive by NG and getting Aus tax payers to provide their profit growth, all they have to do is build, advertise, then sit back and let the Aus taxpayer feed their bank balance.

You're demanding we support financially major corporations and billionaires profit growth, when we should be supporting our own people. The only way to do that, is to open up more rental accommodation and drop prices. To do that, you have to take away the incentive to NG and have a truly open and free market. To get that you need real competition and you will never get that if you;re going to prop up those that rort the system and those that abuse it, there is no hope of the rental market offering more places and lower prices.

Only real competition can do that and corporations rich elites, are only interested in profit growth. I know, our company seeks profit growth, but we do it by improving services, operations, opening up more markets and in the case of our accommodation, long term reliable tenants.

Negative gearing, does the opposite and that's why we have the situation we have, irrelevant to whether one or two little people may be effected. Look at all the empty shops, to expensive to rent and in reality the owners should be going backwards, but finance part of it, then negative gear. The property costs them nothing, they have no outlays other than essential maintenance and the valuations increase. So they are making a profit out of our tax money, learn the facts, which people rarely do before jumping on the propaganda bandwagon.

If people learnt the real facts, there would none of these parties and brain dead ideological clones in power.

So removing NG would improve ur business outcomes! U want to remove the mum's and dad's investors from participating in this area - many may not be able to afford the purchase of new investments properties.

Since u been in the market since the 60's, you would be able to recall the replacement of NG by Keating with the
'4% depreciation on investment properties'
The failure of this investment strategy forced Keating to revert back to NG to replenish the housing stock.

I agree with curbing of property to foreign buyers.

Hopefully, this may convince u that I'm not the average yoboo that post on this web site.

Out of the 3 Labor politician that u mentioned Keating was the brainiest and made BH look good.
BH used to appear in the news media to accept the glory when the desired outcome was achieved, even when he was the ACTU chief.

Chuck
Chuck
Chihuahua

Postby pinkeye » 16 May 2019, 22:25

Chuck wrote:

Chuck

OH REALLY? OK show us..which other country in the world refunds tax credits in the form of franking credits....… to people who don't pay tax. !!

Come on .. you are welcome to show where this happens anywhere else. Good LUCK.

It was a vote buyer for Howard, and we now PAY thru the nose for it. Dream on.. it is not fair....
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby Chuck » 16 May 2019, 23:19

pinkeye wrote:
Chuck wrote:

Chuck

OH REALLY? OK show us..which other country in the world refunds tax credits in the form of franking credits....… to people who don't pay tax. !!

Come on .. you are welcome to show where this happens anywhere else. Good LUCK.

It was a vote buyer for Howard, and we now PAY thru the nose for it. Dream on.. it is not fair....

What u not grasping is that Bill Shorten will still pay FC refunds to an elite group of non-tax paying pensioners.

Get ur head around that and then we will continue the argument on ur last comments. Otherwise, it’s futile discussing it with u!

Chuck
Chuck
Chihuahua

Next

Return to Politics