Trump says enough is enough

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: Trump says enough is enough

Postby SethBullock » 16 May 2019, 12:27

... but at least Hillary would use "not rude" words as our young people died for nothing. Yay! :clap
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary
SethBullock
Jaguar

spamone: Animal

Postby Sprintcyclist » 16 May 2019, 13:33

SethBullock wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:I think the idiot in the White House wants war with Iran!

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/world/2019/05/15/middle-east-sabotage-deployment/

he can't ... seth says he's anti war

I don't think Trump is in favor of wars of choice.

I think Trump will not hesitate to defend the country, but I don't think he believes in being the world's policeman, and I don't think he likes wars of choice.

Had Hillary been elected, by now we'd be in a shooting war with Russia in Syria.

Yes, trump has pulled US troops out of war zones
Sprintcyclist
Cheetah

Postby Dax » 16 May 2019, 17:51

Name a country that the Rump has pulled all the troops out of since he become president and then look at this and other places you will find he has done nothing of the sort, just bragged about it, which is nothing new he brags all the time, then does nothing or the opposite.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-s ... irst-24502
"Less than two months into his presidency, Trump ordered hundreds more troops into Syria to assist the SDF in its battle against ISIS, especially in Raqqa. Almost immediately U.S.-NATO ally Turkey protested the effort, Syria condemned the intrusion into their country, and Russia cautioned against it."
Dax
Cheetah

Postby johnsmith » 16 May 2019, 19:14

SethBullock wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/world/2019/05/15/middle-east-sabotage-deployment/

I think Trump will not hesitate to defend the country, but I don't think he believes in being the world's policeman, and I don't think he likes wars of choice.

Had Hillary been elected, by now we'd be in a shooting war with Russia in Syria.

sorry Seth, but that's rubbish. Iran is not a threat to the USA .... nor is it likely to be any time soon
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby SethBullock » 17 May 2019, 00:29

Dax wrote:Name a country that the Rump has pulled all the troops out of since he become president and then look at this and other places you will find he has done nothing of the sort, just bragged about it, which is nothing new he brags all the time, then does nothing or the opposite.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-s ... irst-24502
"Less than two months into his presidency, Trump ordered hundreds more troops into Syria to assist the SDF in its battle against ISIS, especially in Raqqa. Almost immediately U.S.-NATO ally Turkey protested the effort, Syria condemned the intrusion into their country, and Russia cautioned against it."

The war against ISIS in Iraq and Syria was already underway when Trump took office. He told the American people that he would defeat ISIS before he was elected, and he did it. For obvious reasons, this was was necessary. He has stated that he wants to withdraw from Syria. An impediment to that withdrawal is the question of the Syrian Kurds. Do we abandon them and leave them to the Syrian government, Russia, and Turkey?

The U.S. is presently in negotiations with the taliban in an effort to find a peaceful solution to Afghanistan. I do not believe those negotiations will be successful, but at least they are trying. Drone strikes against taliban and AQ targets in Pakistan have trailed off to zero in 2019. There have been only 12 since Trump took office. By contrast, there were around 400 such strikes during the Obama administration.

He has not engaged us in any new wars, nor does he seem eager to.

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby SethBullock » 17 May 2019, 00:50

johnsmith wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
johnsmith wrote:

sorry Seth, but that's rubbish. Iran is not a threat to the USA .... nor is it likely to be any time soon

No, Iran is not a threat to the U.S. in the sense of being able to take us on directly or to somehow threaten the homeland in a conventional manner. I agree with that.

We do not know at this time what the intelligence community turned up recently that ratcheted up tension, but I sense that the crisis (whatever it was) has past.

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby johnsmith » 17 May 2019, 17:10

SethBullock wrote:We do not know at this time what the intelligence community turned up recently that ratcheted up tension, but I sense that the crisis (whatever it was) has past.

More WMD's perhaps? :grn :grn
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Dax » 17 May 2019, 17:43

This article gives the real truth, https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 12911.html

"The Trump administration is reportedly considering a plan to send up to 120,000 troops to the Middle East if Iran attacks US forces or accelerates its work on nuclear weapons."
Dax
Cheetah

Previous

Return to Politics