Trump says enough is enough

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Trump says enough is enough

Postby Sprintcyclist » 09 May 2019, 23:40

Sprintcyclist
Jaguar
 
Posts: 1680
Joined: 16 Jul 2018, 07:14
spamone: Animal

Re: Trump says enough is enough

Postby pinkeye » 10 May 2019, 22:03

couldn't GIVE A RAT'S ARSE.! :b
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Warthog
 
Posts: 3495
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Trump says enough is enough

Postby HBS Guy » 10 May 2019, 22:25

Trumpy is a disgusting person who will do great damage to the US.
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 52385
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: Trump says enough is enough

Postby SethBullock » 10 May 2019, 23:09

But he's not Hillary "WW3" Clinton.
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
User avatar
SethBullock
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2016
Joined: 22 Oct 2018, 12:37
Location: Oregon, USA
spamone: Animal

Re: Trump says enough is enough

Postby pinkeye » 11 May 2019, 00:05

SethBullock wrote:But he's not Hillary "WW3" Clinton.


Haven't you worked it out yet Seth.? Hillary Clinton has NEVER been the bogey monster , here in Oz. The nasty lady under the bed texting away,,?? Give a fuck. :roll
That is so much crap. You are projecting your former views on the future that never occurred .. :roll It DIDN'T HAPPEN, whatever your fearful imagination conjured up. It was and is a DEAD END. Why even mention her name..? Hmm? What for.. That is past news FYI.

FFS!!! You have more important concerns than that ... :roll Jeezus.. never so blind as those who will not see.
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Warthog
 
Posts: 3495
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Trump says enough is enough

Postby SethBullock » 11 May 2019, 02:49

Guess I struck a nerve.

Whatever else you can say about Trump, he has not engaged us in any new wars.

He has sought, at great political risk, to make peace with North Korea.

He is also attempting to find a peaceful solution in Afghanistan. I do not think it's possible, but a peaceful solution would be preferable over endless war.

He has not deepened our involvement in Syria, as Clinton would have. He desires to get us out of there.

I don't care for the guy's personal style, but the alternative would have been a disaster of epic proportions.
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
User avatar
SethBullock
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2016
Joined: 22 Oct 2018, 12:37
Location: Oregon, USA
spamone: Animal

Re: Trump says enough is enough

Postby Dax » 11 May 2019, 06:10

SethBullock wrote:Guess I struck a nerve.

Whatever else you can say about Trump, he has not engaged us in any new wars.

He has sought, at great political risk, to make peace with North Korea.

He is also attempting to find a peaceful solution in Afghanistan. I do not think it's possible, but a peaceful solution would be preferable over endless war.

He has not deepened our involvement in Syria, as Clinton would have. He desires to get us out of there.

I don't care for the guy's personal style, but the alternative would have been a disaster of epic proportions.


That's just fantasy land talk, you have no idea what clinton would have done, because it didn't happen. Scaremongering is typical of those that can't see beyond their crazed ideological mindset, Clinton is a idiot and just as corrupt as the Rump, but in different ways. Rumps only aim is to shore up his business interests and fracture US society, he's doing a great job of doing that, whilst do nothing about you all killing each other off.

Wouldn't matter who was elected, the USA's fate is set in stone, as is most other countries and the rumps achieving it faster than anyone else would. You just cant see it yet because your blind to reality and can only see delusion.
User avatar
Dax
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1274
Joined: 12 Apr 2017, 11:15
spamone: Animal

Re: Trump says enough is enough

Postby DonDeeHippy » 11 May 2019, 06:45

hey Seth (and Texan too :Hi ) seen lots of views about trump not giving his tax details... What's your opinion and do you think California has the right to demand them to be in the Ballot ?
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 1510
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Trump says enough is enough

Postby SethBullock » 11 May 2019, 07:23

Don, Trump is the POTUS, but he is, first and foremost, an American citizen. Becoming a POTUS does not require the sacrifice of any of the rights that all U.S. citizens enjoy.

There is no law that says a presidential candidate or a president must make his tax returns public. Those records are confidential, just as they are for every citizen.

Also, right now, there are absolutely no accusations that there is anything wrong with his returns. There never has been. If anything were wrong with his returns, those returns are sitting in the very hands that would investigate that - the Internal Revenue Service. But nobody, either before or after his election, is claiming that there is something wrong with his returns.

So all this clamor for his tax returns is motivated out of a morbid curiosity and pure, unadulterated politics. What the Democrats want to do is to paw through his returns, looking for things about them that may embarrass him.

As such, there is no overriding public interest (curiosity and desire to harm someone politically are not legitimate public interests) that justifies forcing Trump to release those records. And, it's against the law. The law protects the privacy of every U.S. citizen from this sort of morbid, malicious interest in their private financial affairs. And if Trump's tax returns were to be forced into public, then we would all be diminished, for it would mean that they could do it to anybody for any reason.

As far as California goes, I am not an elections lawyer, and so I don't know if what they're talking about is legal. But I do know this ... If California succeeds at doing this, any state can place any requirement on any candidate that they do something they don't want to do, and that they have a right not to do, to get on the ballot.

Can you imagine? The next thing you know, a state will demand that a female candidate hand over all of her medical records so they see if she's ever had boob job, a face lift, or an abortion. That's the road these Democrats in California are paving.

Finally, if California succeeds at keeping Trump off the ballot, it will make no difference in the outcome of the election. Zero.

Seth
Last edited by SethBullock on 11 May 2019, 09:41, edited 1 time in total.
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
User avatar
SethBullock
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2016
Joined: 22 Oct 2018, 12:37
Location: Oregon, USA
spamone: Animal

Re: Trump says enough is enough

Postby SethBullock » 11 May 2019, 07:33

Dax wrote:That's just fantasy land talk, you have no idea what clinton would have done,


Bullshit.

She had a record of starting wars and leaving a trail of death and destruction on foreign people's who were not even a threat to the U.S.

And, because she said what she would do. Such as trying to put air space over Syria off limits to the Russians. That would have meant war. She never backed off that intention, and she repeated it often.

War with Russia. And for what??
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
User avatar
SethBullock
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2016
Joined: 22 Oct 2018, 12:37
Location: Oregon, USA
spamone: Animal

Re: Trump says enough is enough

Postby DonDeeHippy » 11 May 2019, 08:15

SethBullock wrote:Don, Trump is the POTUS, but he is, first and foremost, an American citizen. Becoming a POTUS does not require the sacrifice of any of the rights that all U.S. citizens enjoy.

There is no law that says a presidential candidate or a president must make his tax returns public. Those records are confidential, just as they are for every citizen.

Also, right now, there are absolutely no accusations that there is anything wrong with his returns. There never has been. If anything were wrong with his returns, those returns are sitting in the very hands that would investigate that - the Internal Revenue Service. But nobody, either before or after his election, is claiming that there is something wrong with his returns.

So all this clamor for his tax returns is motivated out of a morbid curiosity and pure, unadulterated politics. What the Democrats want to do is to paw through his returns, looking for things about them that may embarrass him.

As such, there is no overriding public interest (curiosity and desire to harm someone politically are not a legitimate public interests) that justifies forcing Trump to release those records. And, it's against the law. The law protects the privacy of every U.S. citizen from this sort of morbid, malicious interest in their private financial affairs. And if Trump's tax returns were to be forced into public, then we would all be diminished, for it would mean that they could do it to anybody for any reason.

As far as California goes, I am not an elections lawyer, and so I don't know if what they're talking about is legal. But I do know this ... If California succeeds at doing this, any state can place any requirement on any candidate that they do something they don't want to do, and that they have a right not to do, to get on the ballot.

Can you imagine? The next thing you know, a state will demand that a female candidate hand over all of her medical records so they see if she's ever had boob job, a face lift, or an abortion. That's the road these Democrats in California are paving.

Finally, if California succeeds at keeping Trump off the ballot, it will make no difference in the outcome of the election. Zero.

Seth

Thanks for that Seth, very well put. I can see it's really no one business and merely political fodder. :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 1510
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Re: Trump says enough is enough

Postby johnsmith » 11 May 2019, 08:37

SethBullock wrote:There is no law that says a presidential candidate or a president must make his tax returns public. Those records are confidential, just as they are for every citizen.


Is there any law that says a president must make his birth certificate public?
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 8526
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Trump says enough is enough

Postby Sprintcyclist » 11 May 2019, 09:05

SethBullock wrote:
Dax wrote:That's just fantasy land talk, you have no idea what clinton would have done,


Bullshit.

She had a record of starting wars and leaving a trail of death and destruction on foreign people's who were not even a threat to the U.S.

And, because she said what she would do. Such as trying to put air space over Syria off limits to the Russians. That would have meant war. She never backed off that intention, and she repeated it often.

War with Russia. And for what??


yes.

Hillary and Putin hate each other.
Sprintcyclist
Jaguar
 
Posts: 1680
Joined: 16 Jul 2018, 07:14
spamone: Animal

Re: Trump says enough is enough

Postby SethBullock » 11 May 2019, 09:51

johnsmith wrote:
SethBullock wrote:There is no law that says a presidential candidate or a president must make his tax returns public. Those records are confidential, just as they are for every citizen.


Is there any law that says a president must make his birth certificate public?


No.

I suppose that somewhere in the process some authority must certify that a potential president is a citizen and is 35 years of age, which would mean showing a birth certificate to someone in the position to certify it. But to make the birth certificate public? No.
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
User avatar
SethBullock
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2016
Joined: 22 Oct 2018, 12:37
Location: Oregon, USA
spamone: Animal

Re: Trump says enough is enough

Postby Dax » 11 May 2019, 10:52

SethBullock wrote:
Dax wrote:That's just fantasy land talk, you have no idea what clinton would have done,


Bullshit.

She had a record of starting wars and leaving a trail of death and destruction on foreign people's who were not even a threat to the U.S.

And, because she said what she would do. Such as trying to put air space over Syria off limits to the Russians. That would have meant war. She never backed off that intention, and she repeated it often.

War with Russia. And for what??


So when was H. Clinton president so she could start wars, must have slipped my memory or was asleep during that time. Your bias a prejudice is showing again, as for the rump, he's a typical bullying coward with no credibility or worth for a decent US future. But it's understandable fools support him, as do fools support clinton. Fools support fools, that's a historical fact and one we see regularly as clones always think the fools are the right people to be their saviour. Just look at how they all flock to the fools of religion who only rip them off or abuse them, funny how the clones always get it wrong throughout history. Then again cannon fodder is cannon fodder and that's all clones are, economic and warmongering cannon fodder for their ideological masters of nothing.
User avatar
Dax
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1274
Joined: 12 Apr 2017, 11:15
spamone: Animal

Re: Trump says enough is enough

Postby johnsmith » 11 May 2019, 16:33

SethBullock wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
SethBullock wrote:There is no law that says a presidential candidate or a president must make his tax returns public. Those records are confidential, just as they are for every citizen.


Is there any law that says a president must make his birth certificate public?


No.

I suppose that somewhere in the process some authority must certify that a potential president is a citizen and is 35 years of age, which would mean showing a birth certificate to someone in the position to certify it. But to make the birth certificate public? No.



you should have told thrumpy that years ago :roll :roll
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 8526
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Trump says enough is enough

Postby pinkeye » 11 May 2019, 23:01

Dax wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
Dax wrote:That's just fantasy land talk, you have no idea what clinton would have done,


Bullshit.

She had a record of starting wars and leaving a trail of death and destruction on foreign people's who were not even a threat to the U.S.

And, because she said what she would do. Such as trying to put air space over Syria off limits to the Russians. That would have meant war. She never backed off that intention, and she repeated it often.

War with Russia. And for what??


So when was H. Clinton president so she could start wars, must have slipped my memory or was asleep during that time. Your bias a prejudice is showing again, as for the rump, he's a typical bullying coward with no credibility or worth for a decent US future. But it's understandable fools support him, as do fools support clinton. Fools support fools, that's a historical fact and one we see regularly as clones always think the fools are the right people to be their saviour. Just look at how they all flock to the fools of religion who only rip them off or abuse them, funny how the clones always get it wrong throughout history. Then again cannon fodder is cannon fodder and that's all clones are, economic and warmongering cannon fodder for their ideological masters of nothing.



Truly reality is fractured.
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Warthog
 
Posts: 3495
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Trump says enough is enough

Postby SethBullock » 12 May 2019, 00:01

johnsmith wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
SethBullock wrote:There is no law that says a presidential candidate or a president must make his tax returns public. Those records are confidential, just as they are for every citizen.


Is there any law that says a president must make his birth certificate public?


No.

I suppose that somewhere in the process some authority must certify that a potential president is a citizen and is 35 years of age, which would mean showing a birth certificate to someone in the position to certify it. But to make the birth certificate public? No.



you should have told thrumpy that years ago :roll :roll


It may interest you to know that the first people to question Barack Obama's birth place were members of the 2008 Clinton campaign. They started the birth question of Barack Obama. Oh so typically, it was a nameless Clinton underling in the campaign who started it in a public way, not Hillary. And it points at a characteristic that was ever so true of Clinton and which is so opposite of Trump.

Trump, as we know, makes many off-the-cuff statements. Some have been pretty outrageous, some said without knowing the facts, some with no consideration of their political ramifications, often times not caring if they are misinterpreted or used against him later. Criminy, the man will go to a rally with a 30 minute long speech prepared and stand their for 2 hours talking. Hell, he's ad libbing the other hour and a half. Lol, I sometimes feel sorry for his staff. Some, like Sarah Sanders, are real troopers. He'll make some gaff, and the next day she's being asked about it in the White House briefing. He has at times publicly disagreed with cabinet heads. Some have resigned; some have been fired. Trump often "thinks out loud" as well, casting doubt upon the direction a decision is headed. His attitude seems to be, "Yeah, I said that. Yeah, I did that. Like it or don't."

Clinton, on the other hand, was the master at not being accountable for anything.

I clearly remember that she voted for the Authorization to Use Military Force against Iraq in 2003, and later, when the war ran into problems, and her vote became a political liability, she said she didn't really mean her vote was to actually use military force. That was classic Clinton.

The whole reason for the private server was to avoid accountability, and it was the reason she had the hard drive erased.

Everything she said publicly was carefully vetted, often leaving wiggle room for deniability and "clarification". It was canned talking points, bathed in political correctness, and presented with this mask of sincerity and moral authority. And below her was a mafia-like staff who stood ready to do a lot of awfully dirty work while deliberately protecting her from accountability. They were very, very loyal, I'll say that for them. Clinton, however, was the architect - the one who hired her staff, the one who set the expectations. Everybody knew that they had to be cutthroat actors on her behalf, while never leaving any trail of dirty dealings that could lead back to her personally.

A good example of that is that we still don't really know who, personally, started the narrative that the Benghazi attack was just a riot that got out of hand by crazy Muslims over a YouTube movie. That was a lie that Hillary parroted, but nobody knows specifically where it originated. Typical. I can't prove it, but in my heart of hearts, I know who said "Yes" to that, and I know why.

But she let her arrogance get the best of her when she set up the server thinking it would never get discovered. It was only through the Benghazi investigations in Congress that word of it slipped out, at which time she went into crisis mode, ordering that its contents were erased. Some 30,000 emails! It is telling that her computer tech obeyed that order without hesitation. There was no pang of conscience, no care that he was erasing history that belonged to the American people. But predictable. People of conscience are not the kinds of people she would ever have work for her. Only people with blind loyalty.

So this is what we could have expected as the type of president she would have been. Secretive, evasive, bobbing and weaving against accountability, always placing image and politics above truth in the order of importance, with a staff of hardened, cynical, vicious true believers standing ready to erase any evidence of failure and to fall on their swords if necessary to protect her.

Trump is far from perfect. I have almost grown tired of prefacing my support of him with my words of disapproval of things he has said or done. But I do think he is very transparent. We know what he is thinking on almost everything because, invariably, he just blurts it out at some point. Of course, there are some down sides to that, but I much prefer it.

Sure, Trump questioned Obama's place of birth. But he owns that. Just don't forget who started it, and who will never admit it.

Seth
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
User avatar
SethBullock
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2016
Joined: 22 Oct 2018, 12:37
Location: Oregon, USA
spamone: Animal

Re: Trump says enough is enough

Postby SethBullock » 12 May 2019, 00:25

Dax wrote:So when was H. Clinton president so she could start wars, must have slipped my memory or was asleep during that time.


She was Senator Clinton when she voted for the war against Iraq in 2003.

She was Secretary of State when we went to war against Libya, and she fully supported it. Speaking of the Libyan leader ...



When it all went bad in Benghazi, she went right into her lying mode, and when the lie was no longer viable, she blamed the "fog of war". Another lie. She knew from the beginning.



She was also I strong voice for our arming and training Syrian rebels. Not surprising because she has never seen a war she didn't support.

Candidate Clinton often repeated her intention to put Syrian airspace off limits to Russian aircraft so as to protect the Syrian rebels. How do you do that? By threatening to shoot them down and to shoot them down. How do you think that would have worked out?

We are all fortunate that she lost the election. I'll take Trump's warts and faults over a war with Russia any day of the week.
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
User avatar
SethBullock
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2016
Joined: 22 Oct 2018, 12:37
Location: Oregon, USA
spamone: Animal

Re: Trump says enough is enough

Postby Texan » 12 May 2019, 02:30

I'm having trouble seeing links on this site on this computer, but I heard parts of the speech(I think). I had no problems with it. It all goes back to doing what's in the best interest for the AMERICAN people. Whether it's military alliances, foreign trade, or border security, Trump is all about what is best for HIS people. He can work towards American interests and still not be unfair to other countries.

I've always said that we should enact tariffs that are equal to whatever they charge to import our goods. Zero tariffs is best, but we can't afford to let China or anybody else take advantage of us. China has not let the US export our cars to China without China doing a joint manufacturing in China of our products. Meanwhile, they steal our technology and engineering. Their fighter jets are almost direct copies of American jets. They make and sell copycat Iphones in China. We can't afford this and it's not in the best interests of most of the world to let China get wealthy in this way.

Mexico has taken advantage of the US for decades. Their biggest "industry" is sending illegals to America so that they can send money back to Mexico to boost their economy. It's now bigger than Mexico's state ran oil company. Only now that Trump gives "credible" threats to Mexico, do they show any cooperation on controlling immigration from other countries (the caravans)

You may not like right wing politics or Trumps bluster and history of "living large", but he seems to be acting in America's best interest and that's good for everybody in the free world.
Govern wisely, and as little as possible.
President Sam Houston
User avatar
Texan
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1133
Joined: 21 Oct 2018, 13:38
Location: Ellis County
spamone: Animal

Re: Trump says enough is enough

Postby pinkeye » 12 May 2019, 04:52

No, he doesn't work like that.

He knows how powerful lies are, (given his history :roll ) and that is all he does. YOU may think his words are important but , really, it is what he DOES that matters.

Blame all the other people you like, but Trump is solely responsible . Your economy will show how effective his 'views' / opinions are as a template for living, in America. Takes more than a couple of years for the reality to bite.

Of course, it is very difficult to decipher the media representations of what is actually happening.

He (Trump) has been extremely secretive.. despite your observation that 'we always know …. he blurts it out....' In fact he says nothing of value. NOW it seems some of his tax returns have come to light..?? Seems he is happy to run millions/billions in debt... he hasn't even paid tax in the US, from the VERY LITTLE info that has come from this. This is your wonderful president.??


if THIS PERSON can be seen as some sort of saviour, you guys are in DEEP DEEP shit.
sleeping is good for you
User avatar
pinkeye
Warthog
 
Posts: 3495
Joined: 01 Oct 2017, 20:59
spamone: Animal

Re: Trump says enough is enough

Postby SethBullock » 12 May 2019, 05:41

pinkeye wrote:No, he doesn't work like that.

He knows how powerful lies are, (given his history :roll ) and that is all he does. YOU may think his words are important but , really, it is what he DOES that matters.

Blame all the other people you like, but Trump is solely responsible . Your economy will show how effective his 'views' / opinions are as a template for living, in America. Takes more than a couple of years for the reality to bite.

Of course, it is very difficult to decipher the media representations of what is actually happening.

He (Trump) has been extremely secretive.. despite your observation that 'we always know …. he blurts it out....' In fact he says nothing of value. NOW it seems some of his tax returns have come to light..?? Seems he is happy to run millions/billions in debt... he hasn't
even paid tax in the US, from the VERY LITTLE info that has come from this. This is your wonderful president.??


if THIS PERSON can be seen as some sort of saviour, you guys are in DEEP DEEP shit.


Pinkeye, I agree that it is what he DOES that matters.

Our economy will, inevitably, have its ups and downs.

A good businessman takes every legal tax break.

I wouldn’t characterize any politician as a savior. But I want the U.S. to withdraw from these damn wars, and Hillary never would have done that. She was instead agitating for an air war with Russia.
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
User avatar
SethBullock
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2016
Joined: 22 Oct 2018, 12:37
Location: Oregon, USA
spamone: Animal

Re: Trump says enough is enough

Postby Dax » 12 May 2019, 09:11

SethBullock wrote:
Dax wrote:So when was H. Clinton president so she could start wars, must have slipped my memory or was asleep during that time.


She was Senator Clinton when she voted for the war against Iraq in 2003.

She was Secretary of State when we went to war against Libya, and she fully supported it. Speaking of the Libyan leader ...



When it all went bad in Benghazi, she went right into her lying mode, and when the lie was no longer viable, she blamed the "fog of war". Another lie. She knew from the beginning.



She was also I strong voice for our arming and training Syrian rebels. Not surprising because she has never seen a war she didn't support.

Candidate Clinton often repeated her intention to put Syrian airspace off limits to Russian aircraft so as to protect the Syrian rebels. How do you do that? By threatening to shoot them down and to shoot them down. How do you think that would have worked out?

We are all fortunate that she lost the election. I'll take Trump's warts and faults over a war with Russia any day of the week.


Hllarious, who was president and held power in 2003 and ordered the war, none other than republican GW Bush, fully supported by the republicans in both houses who voted for it. You are really funny, trying to change facts of history to make out your side had nothing to do with what they actually did and trying to blame the other side when they had no power.

Both iraq wars were instigated by republican presidents, both bushes and as for how things work out for the USA, you haven't won a war since ww2 and yet you've instigated wars and invaded under republicans and democrats many many times in that time frame. Yet failed every time and you still fail to win anything, just create more damage and disaster.

The Rump is leading your country down the road to oblivion as a world power, he has alienated all US allies, including Aus and his non policies are destroying the US economy. It won't be long before his egocentric deluded insanity fractures your country and divides it along racial and economic lines, creating another internal war which will allow US opponents to bring the US down. This will be bad for the planet, but will release the biggest technological and munitions war the planet has ever seen. The Rump will make the worst decisions you can think of and the planet will suffer as he goes head to head with russia and china and makes cowardly decisions.
User avatar
Dax
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1274
Joined: 12 Apr 2017, 11:15
spamone: Animal

Re: Trump says enough is enough

Postby HBS Guy » 12 May 2019, 11:07

He is populist to keep his base onside, doesn’t care if journalists get attacked. His crap about vaccinations is all part of that.

As to his tariff hikes on Chinese goods, Americans will pay the price on Chinese and other countries exports to the US. His one on ones with Kim just enhanced Kim’s prestige.
User avatar
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia
 
Posts: 52385
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 14:37

Re: Trump says enough is enough

Postby SethBullock » 12 May 2019, 14:42

HBS Guy wrote:He is populist to keep his base onside, doesn’t care if journalists get attacked. His crap about vaccinations is all part of that.

As to his tariff hikes on Chinese goods, Americans will pay the price on Chinese and other countries exports to the US. His one on ones with Kim just enhanced Kim’s prestige.


Monk, I don't care if Americans pay the price on Chinese crap goods. Buying their goods makes us complicit in being slave owners.

On North Korea, I don't know if Trump's efforts will be successful. Let's hope so. If not, nobody can say he didn't try.
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
User avatar
SethBullock
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2016
Joined: 22 Oct 2018, 12:37
Location: Oregon, USA
spamone: Animal

Next

Return to Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest

cron