My nbn

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: My nbn

Postby johnsmith » 12 May 2019, 12:18

yeah, they upgraded the tower because they were worried they'd lose your $500 a year in subscriptions :clap :clap :clap

keep believing that you twit.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

spamone: Animal

Postby pinkeye » 12 May 2019, 21:36

yeah it's true. I've tried over some yrs now to get further compensation, but despite spending hrs and hrs and hrs and hrs and hrs on the phone... I have now got nothing left. I'm about ready to go back to the stone age ….
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby Dax » 13 May 2019, 06:21

pinkeye wrote:yeah it's true. I've tried over some yrs now to get further compensation, but despite spending hrs and hrs and hrs and hrs and hrs on the phone... I have now got nothing left. I'm about ready to go back to the stone age ….

It's how you go about it that counts, when you use a small cheap provider, they can't afford to lose customers and have the time to investigate your problems. If I have a problem they are on to it as soon as I contact them and that would go for all their customers I believe. as they have very few negative posts on their whirlpool thread, when telstra and others have never ending complaints. NBN, is extremely sensitive to bad publicity so when challenged and threatened with legal action, they always find the time to suddenly fix things they have avoided for ages. That goes for all big companies, they will avoid doing anything until it looks like bad publicity and will cost them.

That's the way big business works, that reality is viewable daily in the media, someone complains and nothing is done for months or years, then that company is challenged by the media or taken to task with legal threats and suddenly they take action. It was the ombudsman that got me a refund, which by the way is the law. You have the legal right to leave your provider if they are not providing the service you pay for and you have the legal right to demand compensation for not getting that service, which is prescribed in law. Contact the communication ombudsman to get some action and find yourself a decent provider, there are a few around that are cheap and provide a good service. Same goes for phones, big companies rip you off and the smaller providers give you service.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby HBS Guy » 13 May 2019, 10:32

Is wireless broadband impossible for you, Pinky? Not NBN wireless.

What I have is not flash, 12:1 but it is stable and workable. I went on it because my landline was unworkable even for voice. Now with the german copper running down the street now I could switch to FTTN but not gonna. If you have more than one phone point you need to remove the other points. That will boost your speed and reliability. When Labor is govt approach your MP/Labor Senator etc and ask about the inhouse wiring checking/fixing that Shorten promised.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby HBS Guy » 14 May 2019, 15:20

Reality for 61 percent of services.

Over six in ten Australian consumers see “estimated” download speeds on broadband of less than 24Mbps, new numbers show.

https://www.itnews.com.au/news/australias-broadband-speeds-concentrated-under-24mbps-525104
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Bongalong » 14 May 2019, 15:24

HBS Guy wrote:
Reality for 61 percent of services.

Over six in ten Australian consumers see “estimated” download speeds on broadband of less than 24Mbps, new numbers show.

https://www.itnews.com.au/news/australias-broadband-speeds-concentrated-under-24mbps-525104

Lol, doesn't even get a guernsey in the election campaign: that's how much both sides of politics care about the kids kids kids and Australias future in the Chinese Century we actually built and the parents got a paper profit from.... you deserve credit for atleast sticking up for the kids big guy!

:beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 14 May 2019, 16:17

Libs can’t say anything and Labor dare not get wedged “splashing billions around, can’t trust Labor with money” so I am not surprised at this.

The NBN will be rescued but it will take some time.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Bongalong » 14 May 2019, 18:18

HBS Guy wrote:Libs can’t say anything and Labor dare not get wedged “splashing billions around, can’t trust Labor with money” so I am not surprised at this.

The NBN will be rescued but it will take some time.

Dood, it's an election winner so why isn't it being used?

THAT'S ALL I'M SAYING BRO!
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 14 May 2019, 18:35

If Labor criticises the NBN, say the FTTN rubbish, the Libs would be screaming in the Merde-och rags that Labor are going to spend $90Bn, etc etc.

It SHOULD be an election issue but it is nearly finished and spending even more on it has to be handled carefully.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby pinkeye » 14 May 2019, 21:17

Very sad indeed.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 15 May 2019, 12:30

Damage is done, but it will be fixed.