Page 2 of 2

Re: alp force detention center to reopen

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2019, 20:06
by greggerypeccary
johnsmith wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Sprintcyclist wrote:do you think those entering with fake documents should be returned in the next flight?


Depends.

If they have fake documents, but are genuine refugees, they should NOT be sent home.



only 2% are genuine ... of 10500 , only 200 odd are genuine. The other 10300 should be sent back.


Sure.

But if a genuine refugee has fake documents, they should stay.

I'd make fake documents too, if I was fleeing persecution, war, or natural disaster.

Re: alp force detention center to reopen

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2019, 20:07
by johnsmith
greggerypeccary wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Sprintcyclist wrote:do you think those entering with fake documents should be returned in the next flight?


Depends.

If they have fake documents, but are genuine refugees, they should NOT be sent home.



only 2% are genuine ... of 10500 , only 200 odd are genuine. The other 10300 should be sent back.


Sure.

But if a genuine refugee has fake documents, they should stay.

I'd make fake documents too, if I was fleeing persecution, war, or natural disaster.


:bgrin
johnsmith wrote:We should only accept genuine asylum seekers.

Re: alp force detention center to reopen

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2019, 20:09
by greggerypeccary
johnsmith wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Sprintcyclist wrote:do you think those entering with fake documents should be returned in the next flight?


Depends.

If they have fake documents, but are genuine refugees, they should NOT be sent home.



only 2% are genuine ... of 10500 , only 200 odd are genuine. The other 10300 should be sent back.


Sure.

But if a genuine refugee has fake documents, they should stay.

I'd make fake documents too, if I was fleeing persecution, war, or natural disaster.


:bgrin
johnsmith wrote:We should only accept genuine asylum seekers.


You can be a genuine refugee and have fake documents.

Re: alp force detention center to reopen

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2019, 21:51
by Miranda
What I would like to know is which, morally corrupt, political party started this cruel and inhumane policy?

I wonder how those who voted for such a party defend such a vile 'out of site, out of mind' mentality? Shame on those who voted for the party who started this! They should have denied their party, there vote, in protest.

Re: alp force detention center to reopen

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2019, 22:22
by pinkeye
greggerypeccary wrote:
mantra wrote:As much as I dislike Morrison generally - his scare tactics could work.


I dare say they will work.

And, if a boat "accidentally" slips past Border Patrol and makes it to Australia before the election, it could very well have a major affect on the outcome.


Oooh matey … you got that nailed.

This whole scam makes me sick.

Re: alp force detention center to reopen

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2019, 22:26
by pinkeye
greggerypeccary wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
SethBullock wrote:So I take it that, by a narrow margin, Australians support these measures to protect their borders.

I also find this interesting ... "Mr Morrison refused to detail the extra resources being poured into Australia's border protection, saying: "This parliament has already tipped its hand enough to the people smugglers."

"Extra resources" usually means "money". How does a Prime Minister pour extra resources into something and refuse to detail it? It's the people's money, isn't it? As should be abundantly clear by now from our own "wall" controversy in the U.S., Congress appropriates money for things openly. The only exceptions are top secret programs related to defense.

Your President has to keep certain matters of security details secret! It's the same in every country!!


Sure, but border security is law enforcement which is pretty transparent in this country. And I don't get how your PM can "pour extra resources" into something. In this country, "resources" (money) have to be approved by Congress. If our president wants "extra" resources, Congress has to pass a law authorizing the money.


We have a very, very corrupt PM and government.

I'm not joking.



:sad No he isn't joking. Scott Morrison, the de-facto PM at the moment , speaks so much garbage, I see the face, I turn it off. The whole thing needs GUTTING.

Election due soon. BRING IT ON.

Re: alp force detention center to reopen

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2019, 15:01
by johnsmith
greggerypeccary wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Sprintcyclist wrote:do you think those entering with fake documents should be returned in the next flight?


Depends.

If they have fake documents, but are genuine refugees, they should NOT be sent home.



only 2% are genuine ... of 10500 , only 200 odd are genuine. The other 10300 should be sent back.


Sure.

But if a genuine refugee has fake documents, they should stay.

I'd make fake documents too, if I was fleeing persecution, war, or natural disaster.


:bgrin
johnsmith wrote:We should only accept genuine asylum seekers.


You can be a genuine refugee and have fake documents.


I know!

Re: alp force detention center to reopen

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2019, 10:25
by HBS Guy
The reason for reopening the Christmass Is detention centre is nothing to do with an influx of BOATS! The Libs know damn well that 64,000 illegals have arrived by plane in the last 4 years.

No, it will allow the bastards to move the refugees and asylum seekers on Manus and Nauru to be moved to Christmass Is out of reach of the Medevac Bill.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/national/2019/02/13/pm-reopen-christmas-island-detention/

Parallels there with Trumpy’s wall. Block one hole, another will be found. Some useful aid in Central American countries, trade agreements etc might be much more useful.

The Australian Army used a translator in Afghanistan. You can imagine what the Taliban would do to him if he stayed in the country, yet when he fled and landed in Australia he was refused entry. That is the behavior of someone so party-political that human considerations don’t occur to them.

Re: alp force detention center to reopen

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2019, 10:31
by greggerypeccary
HBS Guy wrote:The reason for reopening the Christmass Is detention centre is nothing to do with an influx of BOATS! The Libs know damn well that 64,000 illegals have arrived by plane in the last 4 years.

No, it will allow the bastards to move the refugees and asylum seekers on Manus and Nauru to be moved to Christmass Is out of reach of the Medevac Bill.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/national/2019/02/13/pm-reopen-christmas-island-detention/

Parallels there with Trumpy’s wall. Block one hole, another will be found. Some useful aid in Central American countries, trade agreements etc might be much more useful.

The Australian Army used a translator in Afghanistan. You can imagine what the Taliban would do to him if he stayed in the country, yet when he fled and landed in Australia he was refused entry. That is the behavior of someone so party-political that human considerations don’t occur to them.


They'll do anything to make sure people die waiting for resettlement.

Re: alp force detention center to reopen

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2019, 10:37
by HBS Guy
For party-political reasons, give the Libs a way to win elections.

Re: alp force detention center to reopen

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2019, 14:18
by greggerypeccary

Re: alp force detention center to reopen

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2019, 15:17
by johnsmith
HBS Guy wrote:The reason for reopening the Christmass Is detention centre is nothing to do with an influx of BOATS! The Libs know damn well that 64,000 illegals have arrived by plane in the last 4 years.

No, it will allow the bastards to move the refugees and asylum seekers on Manus and Nauru to be moved to Christmass Is out of reach of the Medevac Bill.


I think it's more than that. I think they did it to entice people smugglers to try for xmas Island.

Re: alp force detention center to reopen

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2019, 15:20
by Sprintcyclist
Derryn Hinch voted to let the illegals in here, then said he never considered they would reopen christmas island.

Well, he was found wanting.

Re: alp force detention center to reopen

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2019, 15:22
by johnsmith
Sprintcyclist wrote:Derryn Hinch voted to let the illegals in here, then said he never considered they would reopen christmas island.

Well, he was found wanting.


can you explain why they reopened it? :roll

Re: alp force detention center to reopen

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2019, 15:26
by greggerypeccary
Sprintcyclist wrote:Derryn Hinch voted to let the illegals in here, then said he never considered they would reopen christmas island.

Well, he was found wanting.


The people who remain on Manus and Nauru are refugees.

since when was it it illegal to be a refugee?

I'm curious.

Re: alp force detention center to reopen

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2019, 15:30
by Aussie
Sprintcyclist wrote:Derryn Hinch voted to let the illegals in here, then said he never considered they would reopen christmas island.

Well, he was found wanting.


He needs to ask Morrison why that was done.