Get over it: Americans are allowed to have guns!

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: Get over it: Americans are allowed to have guns!

Postby Texan » 09 Jul 2019, 04:02

A direct democracy is mob rule. If you get a majority vote, you rule. The constitutional republic contains guarantees of individual freedoms that are not susceptible to mob rule without the supermajority required to change the constitution.

Benjamin Franklin has been credited with this quote.“Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.”

It illustrates the dangers of mob rule. What happens when the poorest 51% decide to take everything from the other 49%? Nobody has incentive to work and everybody suffers. What happens when a majority denies basic human rights to the minority? A direct democracy is only fair for the majority.
Govern wisely, and as little as possible.
President Sam Houston
Texan
Cheetah

spamone: Animal

Postby DonDeeHippy » 09 Jul 2019, 07:47

pinkeye wrote:Umm didn't you just admit America is NOT a democracy?

so ? your post(below)

The right to his opinion is part & parcel to his unalienable Natural Right to Free Speech........it has nothing to do with Democracy. Democracy is nothing more than a political system......merely a form/type of government.

America's Founding Fathers incorporated a few principals of Democracy into the new American government, but America is not a Democracy, it is a Constitutional Republic.......The American Founding Fathers wanted nothing to do with instituting a Democracy....they despised Democracy!

.BTW, the above unalienable Right, the unalienable Natural Right to Free Speech.....is protected in the First Amendment of the United States Constitution.........it even protects "Hate Speech" (except for fighting words) for that matter (link) .......show me how many Democracies, you know of, that would do that...………...

MAKES SENSE.!!!! :Hi :roll :bgrin

Actually I agree with free speech, the government should not be able to put you in jail for your words, but if you make untrue statements or inflammatory statements about a person or organization they can take you to court and get you for slander.... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby DonDeeHippy » 09 Jul 2019, 07:52

Texan wrote:A direct democracy is mob rule. If you get a majority vote, you rule. The constitutional republic contains guarantees of individual freedoms that are not susceptible to mob rule without the supermajority required to change the constitution.

Benjamin Franklin has been credited with this quote.“Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.”

It illustrates the dangers of mob rule. What happens when the poorest 51% decide to take everything from the other 49%? Nobody has incentive to work and everybody suffers. What happens when a majority denies basic human rights to the minority? A direct democracy is only fair for the majority.

you have the problem of the 1% deciding what the 99% will do and your politicians looks after their constituency which is big business, they are the ones after all paying them (same as us in Aus unfortunately) ... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby Texan » 09 Jul 2019, 08:43

DonDeeHippy wrote:
Texan wrote:A direct democracy is mob rule. If you get a majority vote, you rule. The constitutional republic contains guarantees of individual freedoms that are not susceptible to mob rule without the supermajority required to change the constitution.

you have the problem of the 1% deciding what the 99% will do and your politicians looks after their constituency which is big business, they are the ones after all paying them (same as us in Aus unfortunately) ... :purple

You think only 1% owns guns and/or believes in the 2A in America? My church hosts concealed carry licensing classes for the members. Out of the 10 houses on my street, I know of 9 people licensed to carry a gun in public, including a cop and 5 veterans. I only know of 1 house that is unarmed. There are a couple of houses I don't know about. Do you really think the "gun lobby" is that huge? Do you think the gun lobby is buying votes? Americans have the right to keep and bear arms and they are more than willing to take on the responsibility. If you don't like it, stay away.

Edit: Sorry. I just realized your comment was in general and not specifically about guns.
President Sam Houston
Texan
Cheetah

Postby DonDeeHippy » 09 Jul 2019, 08:49

Texan wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:

You think only 1% owns guns and/or believes in the 2A in America? My church hosts concealed carry licensing classes for the members. Out of the 10 houses on my street, I know of 9 people licensed to carry a gun in public, including a cop and 5 veterans. I only know of 1 house that is unarmed. There are a couple of houses I don't know about. Do you really think the "gun lobby" is that huge? Do you think the gun lobby is buying votes? Americans have the right to keep and bear arms and they are more than willing to take on the responsibility. If you don't like it, stay away.

Edit: Sorry. I just realized your comment was in general and not specifically about guns.

hah it's ok I only just read you last line and had to delete a bunch of stuff :beer
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby Bongalong » 09 Jul 2019, 16:44

"A direct democracy is mob rule": I'm not entirely sure that is correct???!!!????

It's certainly referencing Nietzcshes problems with democracy but whether the quote came before or after I don't know?!?
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby DreamRyderX » 09 Jul 2019, 18:23

Bongalong wrote:"A direct democracy is mob rule": I'm not entirely sure that is correct???!!!????

It's certainly referencing Nietzcshes problems with democracy but whether the quote came before or after I don't know?!?

Mobocracy........50%+1 = will of the majority, & total domination of the majority over the minority.

Without laws, the Minority have no rights in a pure, direct Democracy....a Mobocracy.....

The US Constitution is not an instrument for the US Government to restrain the American People,
it is an instrument for the American People to restrain the US Government.
-- Patrick Henry
DreamRyderX
Jack Russell

Postby pinkeye » 10 Jul 2019, 00:18

Yes indeed. You would be in a particularly good place to observe this
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby Texan » 10 Jul 2019, 05:44

pinkeye wrote:

Yes indeed. You would be in a particularly good place to observe this

To provide a Texas example, there are 491 amendments to the Texas Constitution because it only requires a 2/3 majority in both houses of Congress. Texas used to have a massive Democrat majority for over 100 years. Recently, Republicans have enjoyed a huge majority of 2/3 at times. It's a riot waiting to happen. They should require at least a 3/4 majority in each house and a 2/3 majority vote by the public on a ballot initiative. There is too much extremism and people wanting to change or even get rid of their constitution for mostly political reasons. It shouldn't be easy.

I'm curious. Were there specific individual rights being denied here or was that a general referral?
President Sam Houston
Texan
Cheetah

Postby hatty » 10 Jul 2019, 09:27

human rights? ....... getting shot?

school teachers given encouragement to do weapons training to mop up the mess created by too many fucking weapons....

absurd........ no...... pathetic.

still no mention of all the free dead kids.... convenient.

the NRA can jerk off with their cold dead hands and suck-off their beloved weapons.

i just hope they leave the safety off.

imbeciles.

but also smart....... because they are getting rich as fuck thanks to the death and misery
hatty
mountain lion

Get over it: Americans have a RIGHT to Guns!

Postby DreamRyderX » 10 Jul 2019, 12:13

hatty wrote:human rights? ....... getting shot?

school teachers given encouragement to do weapons training to mop up the mess created by too many fucking weapons....

absurd........ no...... pathetic.

still no mention of all the free dead kids.... convenient.

the NRA can jerk off with their cold dead hands and suck-off their beloved weapons.

i just hope they leave the safety off.

imbeciles.

but also smart....... because they are getting rich as fuck thanks to the death and misery
......................................................................................................................ImageImageImage

When all is said & done, absolutely nothing will change, & Hatty will still have no ability whatsoever to change or affect one iota of American gun policy.......Americans will retain all Gun Rights, & they will never repeal the Second Amendment, simply meaning , teachers will be allowed to carry firearms in schools to protect their students, & the "....Right to Keep & Bear Arms...." will continue to be the "Law of the Land" long after all our bones have turned to dust. Image

God Bless America...God Bless the NRA...

.........................................................Image

The US Constitution is not an instrument for the US Government to restrain the American People,
-- Patrick Henry
DreamRyderX
Jack Russell

Postby hatty » 10 Jul 2019, 12:47

just keep ignoring the body count ryder.

all the free dead people.

i don't give a fuck about your inexplicable boner for guns.

shoot each other all you want.

you know....... just remove yourselves from the gene pool.

just sucks if it happens someone close to you....... maybe the broken egg..... toddler?

oh wait it won't because you chose to live here...... and continue to stupidly deny that firearms CONTROL actually works

yee fucking ha!!

natural selection y'all
hatty
mountain lion

Americans have a CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to Guns!

Postby DreamRyderX » 10 Jul 2019, 12:53

hatty wrote:just keep ignoring the body count ryder.

just sucks if it happens someone close to you....... maybe the broken egg..... toddler?

oh wait it won't because you chose to live here...... and deny that firearms CONTROL actually works

yee fucking ha!!

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

Last edited by DreamRyderX on 10 Jul 2019, 14:06, edited 1 time in total.
-- Patrick Henry
DreamRyderX
Jack Russell

Postby Bongalong » 10 Jul 2019, 13:26

DreamRyderX wrote:

oh wait it won't because you chose to live here...... and deny that firearms CONTROL actually works

yee fucking ha!!

Lies, Damned Lies and Statistics: but I somehow suspect/don't think you care about the rules of general conversation!
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby DreamRyderX » 10 Jul 2019, 13:44

Bongalong wrote:
DreamRyderX wrote:

yee fucking ha!!

Lies, Damned Lies and Statistics: but I somehow suspect/don't think you care about the rules of general conversation!

Awwwww.......you seem to have a little problem with statistics.......especially those you can't disprove. Image

As I've said it before, I'll gladly say it again Bongo......you have a RIGHT to your PERSONAL OPINIONS........And I, as an American, respect your right to express them, & not only that, I respectfully disagree with many of them...... Image
Last edited by DreamRyderX on 10 Jul 2019, 14:05, edited 2 times in total.
-- Patrick Henry
DreamRyderX
Jack Russell

Postby DonDeeHippy » 10 Jul 2019, 13:47

Lets look at this silly meme, because its gang related it has nothing to do with Americans... I'm pretty sure the gang deaths are in the USA.
10560 homicides a year

ok if you want to ignore gang death for some strange reason.. then there are 8448 gang deaths

that leaves 2112 homicides..... not 1712 :huh

for a meme starting with "Let's do some math" it makes me wonder if any of it's true...….. :oops

ok now the chances of dying by a gun...… 32,000 deaths and 350,000,000 people.
so that is .00109 % not .0000102% as the "Lets do the math" person forgot that a percent is 1/100th of a amount... again crappy maths,
this same person that put this together is to be trusted on anything he says.... I don't think so

Now every statistic ive seen has been on amount of deaths per 100,000 people
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... death_rate
this is for homicides per 100,000
AUstralia equals .18
USA equals 4.46

now if by some magic the guy that made this crappy meme is right and take away 80% for gangs
then

USA equals .892
still 5 times more likely to be murdered in America with a gun than in Aus.….

:purple
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by DonDeeHippy on 10 Jul 2019, 13:58, edited 2 times in total.
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby hatty » 10 Jul 2019, 13:49

DreamRyderX wrote:

yee fucking ha!!

ooooooohhhhh only 32,000 deaths? thats ok then

maths...... gun victims are not numbers

they are fucking people.

and let's do some maths on how god created earth in 7 days and snuggles up to all the dead gun victim children. lust like your priests.... show me the maths on how many dead people are snug in the arms of the silky long hared white dude from Palestine..... oh wait you can't.

iI there was a GOD which there isn't

i doubt that he/she would bless america let alone the fucking cunty NRA.

give me the math to prove otherwise..... i shall wait in anticipation
hatty
mountain lion

Postby DreamRyderX » 10 Jul 2019, 14:01

hatty wrote:
DreamRyderX wrote:

yee fucking ha!!

they are fucking people.

and let's do some maths on how god created earth in 7 days and snuggles up to all the dead gun victim children. lust like your priests.... show me the maths on how many dead people are snug in the arms of the silky long hared white dude from Palestine..... oh wait you can't.

iI their was a god which three isn't

give me the math to prove otherwise..... i shall wait in anticipation

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

You having absolutely no control over an American's Right to Keep & Bear Arms must really frost yer cookies, mate! Image

Don't burst an artery over it fella............just accept it as something out of yer control......can't ban everythin' ya don't like, mate..... Image

..............................Image

-- Patrick Henry
DreamRyderX
Jack Russell

Postby hatty » 10 Jul 2019, 14:09

i'm doing nothing of the sort.

america's cock extensions burst enough arteries....... and thats just in their own country....... not even considering the innocent people they have murdered overseas.

keep on trying to justify the 32,000 dead people in america though dickhead

i cant' wait to hear that
Last edited by hatty on 10 Jul 2019, 14:12, edited 1 time in total.
hatty
mountain lion

Re: Americans have a CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to Guns!

Postby Bongalong » 10 Jul 2019, 14:10

DreamRyderX wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
DreamRyderX wrote:

yee fucking ha!!

Awwwww.......you seem to have a little problem with statistics.......especially those you can't disprove. Image

As I've said it before, I'll gladly say it again Bongo......you have a RIGHT to your PERSONAL OPINIONS........And I, as an American, respect your right to express them, & not only that, I respectfully disagree with many of them...... Image

I, like most Australians with a brain, avoid houses that fly flags of any description lol :Hi
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby DreamRyderX » 10 Jul 2019, 14:23

DonDeeHippy wrote:Lets look at this silly meme, because its gang related it has nothing to do with Americans... I'm pretty sure the gang deaths are in the USA.
10560 homicides a year

ok if you want to ignore gang death for some strange reason.. then there are 8448 gang deaths

for a meme starting with "Let's do some math" it makes me wonder if any of it's true...….. :oops

so that is .00109 % not .0000102% as the "Lets do the math" person forgot that a percent is 1/100th of a amount... again crappy maths,
this same person that put this together is to be trusted on anything he says.... I don't think so

AUstralia equals .18
USA equals 4.46

now if by some magic the guy that made this crappy meme is right and take away 80% for gangs
then

USA equals .892

That's fine.....I happen to live in Australia.....mate, but when I go back now & then I'll keep yer amazing stats in mind.....as I slip on my PX4...... Image
Last edited by DreamRyderX on 10 Jul 2019, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.
-- Patrick Henry
DreamRyderX
Jack Russell

Postby DonDeeHippy » 10 Jul 2019, 15:17

DreamRyderX wrote:
DonDeeHippy wrote:Lets look at this silly meme, because its gang related it has nothing to do with Americans... I'm pretty sure the gang deaths are in the USA.
10560 homicides a year

AUstralia equals .18
USA equals 4.46

then

USA equals .892

That's fine.....I happen to live in Australia.....mate, but when I go back now & then I'll keep yer amazing stats in mind.....as I slip on my PX4...... Image

be careful :purple because the mem says 3% of deaths are accidents , don't slip as you slip on the gun.....
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby DreamRyderX » 10 Jul 2019, 15:31

hatty wrote:i'm doing nothing of the sort.

america's cock extensions burst enough arteries....... and thats just in their own country....... not even considering the innocent people they have murdered overseas.

keep on trying to justify the 32,000 dead people in america though dickhead

i cant' wait to hear that

Awwww.......that bothers you a lot.......don't it......Image

Being 60 to 65% are self-inflicted, one on one suicides.....where the user got 100% satisfaction from his/her weapon .....the firearm performed as intended, that drops the number to only 19,000 or so.

Without wasting time rationalizing any more stats to your satisfaction, personally I don't know anyone (any American) that stays awake nights pondering those deaths. It's the "Price of Freedom".....bought & paid for by the generations of brave Americans who paid the ultimate price to keep us all FREE!

The suicides, the gang on gang shootouts, the criminals who deserved to be shot because they made very bad decisions in life, & finally accidents are just that, accidents.....taken all into account......I can & will comfortably live with those numbers, as most Americans can probably do the same, & when all is said & done.....double....even triple those numbers, most all of us wouldn't even think once, much less than twice, about trading off our Right to Self-Defense....the Right to defend our loved ones & friends, to please some bleedin' heart Progressive Anti-gunners..........
No Way!!!

America, for the Americans........we have the only opinions that matters on this subject.....all non-Americans have a valid right to their opinions, but they don't, & never will, affect policy when it comes to an American's Rights......period.

ImageImageImage

Last edited by DreamRyderX on 10 Jul 2019, 15:45, edited 1 time in total.
-- Patrick Henry
DreamRyderX
Jack Russell

Postby DreamRyderX » 10 Jul 2019, 15:39

DonDeeHippy wrote:.........be careful :purple because the mem says 3% of deaths are accidents , don't slip as you slip on the gun.....

Well, if that happens .... that's life......I'm sure the Good Lord would have had His reasons.....I wouldn't mind......you know the thing about death & taxes.....it gets ya either way.....it will happen to us all one way or another.....if it's by gun, better that than suffering with cancer! Image
-- Patrick Henry
DreamRyderX
Jack Russell

Postby pinkeye » 10 Jul 2019, 23:44

hatty wrote:

they are fucking people.

iI there was a GOD which there isn't

give me the math to prove otherwise..... i shall wait in anticipation[/quote]

Good post.. I agree. the crims have the guns.. and that means... MOST of US citizens are basically, at their core, crims and killers.

Am I right, or what.?

What else..? God-fearing Americans have no fear in killing other people. This is NOT what being a christian means.

Gosh, maybe Tex and Seth are NOT religious.!!
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

PreviousNext

Return to Politics