Get over it: Americans are allowed to have guns!

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: Get over it: Americans are allowed to have guns!

Postby Dax » 10 Apr 2019, 15:23

[quote=]"SethBullock" So I take it bolt action rifles are permitted. Is that right? What about shotguns? Are any handguns permitted?[/quote]

We have bolt action and lever action rifles, single action shotguns and also lever action. There are many hand gun clubs, that's what my club is, we have semi auto pistols and revolvers which have to fit into a category of use that we indulge in. Our club has silhouettes, paper target, western action and service pistol sections which covers all pistol sport shooting. I have a carry licence because of my security licence, yet never carried the relevant pistols more than a couple of times.
Dax
Cheetah

spamone: Animal

Postby Texan » 11 Apr 2019, 03:29

Texan
Cheetah

Postby SethBullock » 11 Apr 2019, 05:58

Dax wrote:We have bolt action and lever action rifles, single action shotguns and also lever action. There are many hand gun clubs, that's what my club is, we have semi auto pistols and revolvers which have to fit into a category of use that we indulge in. Our club has silhouettes, paper target, western action and service pistol sections which covers all pistol sport shooting. I have a carry licence because of my security licence, yet never carried the relevant pistols more than a couple of times.

Do you own multiple guns?
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby Dax » 11 Apr 2019, 06:31

SethBullock wrote:
Dax wrote:We have bolt action and lever action rifles, single action shotguns and also lever action. There are many hand gun clubs, that's what my club is, we have semi auto pistols and revolvers which have to fit into a category of use that we indulge in. Our club has silhouettes, paper target, western action and service pistol sections which covers all pistol sport shooting. I have a carry licence because of my security licence, yet never carried the relevant pistols more than a couple of times.

Yes as do most licensed shooters.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby hatty » 11 Apr 2019, 09:04

Texan wrote:Just don’t get caught defending yourself.

from an emo kid with a fucking gun? that he killed his parents to get hold of

guns guns more guns is the answer

the more bullets flying around the safer you are!
hatty
Cheetah

Postby greggerypeccary » 11 Apr 2019, 09:10

hatty wrote:

Yes.

That's truly what many Americans believe.

According to a poll by NBC News and the Wall Street Journal, 58 percent of Americans agree with the statement that “gun ownership does more to increase safety by allowing law-abiding citizens to protect themselves.

Unbelievable.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Texan » 11 Apr 2019, 10:46

greggerypeccary wrote:
hatty wrote:

Yes.

According to a poll by NBC News and the Wall Street Journal, 58 percent of Americans agree with the statement that “gun ownership does more to increase safety by allowing law-abiding citizens to protect themselves.

Unbelievable.

Believe it or not, some people are competent and able to safely possess guns without a nanny state.
Texan
Cheetah

Postby greggerypeccary » 11 Apr 2019, 10:48

Texan wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
hatty wrote:

Yes.

Unbelievable.

Believe it or not, some people are competent and able to safely possess guns without a nanny state.

Oh, I believe it.

I also believe all the data which proves that owning a gun in the US doesn't make you safer.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby SethBullock » 11 Apr 2019, 10:48

hatty wrote:guns guns more guns is the answer

greggerypeccary wrote:
Yes.

Oh you guys .... :roll

greggerypeccary wrote:According to a poll by NBC News and the Wall Street Journal, 58 percent of Americans agree with the statement that “gun ownership does more to increase safety by allowing law-abiding citizens to protect themselves.

In my state, we passed the "shall issue" concealed carry law in 1989. Before that law, whether or not a person could carry a concealed weapon was purely up to the local sheriff in whose jurisdiction you lived. The 1989 law provided that if a person passed a background check and took a safety/familiarization class, the sheriff had to issue the permit to carry. In 1989 the murder rate in my state was 4.8/100,000. Today, it is 2.5.

The thing is, you can only count the number of incidents that occur. What you can't count are all the incidents that don't occur. But criminals in this state have to be wary because there are a lot of law-abiding citizens carrying concealed weapons who are out and about, including women, and many people who don't have concealed carry permits do have firearms for home defense in their homes. If you're a criminal thinking about pulling a street robbery, or a carjacking, or a home invasion, or a rape, you're taking a tremendous risk. And they know it too.
Last edited by SethBullock on 11 Apr 2019, 11:26, edited 1 time in total.

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby Bongalong » 11 Apr 2019, 11:24

greggerypeccary wrote:
Texan wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
hatty wrote:

Yes.

Unbelievable.

Oh, I believe it.

I also believe all the data which proves that owning a gun in the US doesn't make you safer.

That data shows your statement only to be true if you're black!

You forgot to mention that bit for some reason......
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby greggerypeccary » 11 Apr 2019, 11:25

Bongalong wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
Texan wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:
hatty wrote:

Yes.

Unbelievable.

Oh, I believe it.

That data shows your statement only to be true if you're black!

You forgot to mention that bit for some reason......

Ah, no ... :?
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 11 Apr 2019, 11:26

greggerypeccary wrote:

Ah, yes it does : that is the truth you can't face! :gsp :gsp
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby greggerypeccary » 11 Apr 2019, 11:28

Bongalong wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

The onus is on you to prove your claim.

Over to you ...
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 11 Apr 2019, 11:32

greggerypeccary wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
greggerypeccary wrote:

The onus is on you to prove your claim.

Over to you ...

No it's not!

The world at large knows blacks do all the gun crime in America...all except apparently you greggy because you think you are holier than everyone else hey buddy :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

**** IS THAT WHY EVERYONE HATES POOR LITTLE DOGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGY DOGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GREG: THE MAN WITH NO HONOUR :rofl ????? :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby SethBullock » 11 Apr 2019, 12:10

Bong, blacks don't do all the gun crime in America. They do a disproportionate amount of it, but not all of it.

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby Bongalong » 11 Apr 2019, 12:13

SethBullock wrote:Bong, blacks don't do all the gun crime in America. They do a disproportionate amount of it, but not all of it.

Enough said.... :roll
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby hatty » 11 Apr 2019, 13:58

so maybe make it harder for DA BLACKS emo's and white
supremacists to get hold of a firearm before they commit the crimes

it's called fucking gun control

it's what this discussion is about.......

until someone started throwing around racist generalisations
Last edited by hatty on 11 Apr 2019, 14:04, edited 1 time in total.
hatty
Cheetah

Postby Bongalong » 11 Apr 2019, 14:03

hatty wrote:so maybe make it harder fo DA BLACKS to get hold of a firearm before they commit the crimes

it's called fucking gun control......

what this discussion is about.

Maybe you're right... or maybe make it harder for blacks to talk shite on the radio to their black bruthers about blowing each other to kingdom come?

Maybe make it harder for blacks to talk shite about biatches all apparently being biatches on the radio, let alone MTV let alone giving them prime time television acting jobs after they spent decades doing exactly that and worse i.e. talking about killing cops as the title of their album.

You're not the only person with an opinon ya f'n weirdo!!

:rofl
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby hatty » 11 Apr 2019, 14:07

Bongalong wrote:
hatty wrote:so maybe make it harder fo DA BLACKS to get hold of a firearm before they commit the crimes

Maybe you're right... or maybe make it harder for blacks to talk shite on the radio to their black bruthers about blowing each other to kingdom come?

Maybe make it harder for blacks to talk shite about biatches all apparently being biatches on the radio, let alone MTV let alone giving them prime time television acting jobs after they spent decades doing exactly that and worse i.e. talking about killing cops as the title of their album.

and my opinion is that it would be harder to shoot a civilian ....or cop (and a cop would be less trigger happy if it wasn't for all the fucking weapons...... you know...... what this fucking thread is actually about
hatty
Cheetah

Postby Bongalong » 11 Apr 2019, 14:32

hatty wrote:
Bongalong wrote:

and my opinion is that it would be harder to shoot a civilian ....or cop (and a cop would be less trigger happy if it wasn't for all the fucking weapons...... you know...... what this fucking thread is actually about

Yes, but the thing is the thread i started acknowledged that Americans are allowed to have guns....

:stay
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby greggerypeccary » 11 Apr 2019, 14:44

Bongalong wrote:
hatty wrote:
Bongalong wrote:

Yes, but the thing is the thread i started acknowledged that Americans are allowed to have guns....

And the sky is blue.
greggerypeccary
Warthog

Postby hatty » 11 Apr 2019, 14:52

Bongalong wrote:
hatty wrote:
Bongalong wrote:

quote me when i said they were not
hatty
Cheetah

Postby SethBullock » 12 Apr 2019, 02:59

Dax wrote:
SethBullock wrote:

Do you believe law-abiding peaceful citizens should be allowed to own guns?

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby DonDeeHippy » 12 Apr 2019, 05:33

SethBullock wrote:
Dax wrote:
SethBullock wrote:

yes I think we all believe that …. but we believe guns should be accounted for and registered, how about you Seth ? :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby Dax » 12 Apr 2019, 05:55

SethBullock wrote:
Dax wrote:
SethBullock wrote:

If they have a legitimate reason to own and use a gun then yes, just to own a gun, no there's no need in a country like ours. Gun owners have to fit into certain categories here, like hunting and then you have to prove you have somewhere to hunt and the permission of the owner of the land to hunt. Farmers, for controlling feral animals and putting injured animals down. Sporting shooters, members of a registered shooting club and security operators. Other than that, no one should have access to a gun.

All gun owners have to have their gun security at home inspected regularly, plus there are other storage requirements you must address to keep your guns.
Dax
Cheetah

PreviousNext

Return to Politics