Get over it: Americans are allowed to have guns!

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: Get over it: Americans are allowed to have guns!

Postby pinkeye » 23 Apr 2019, 00:46

[quote="Dax" etc

To the topic. America is not and never will be Australia. We have a different history, different geographic situations, and different roles on the world stage. America has the 2A for a reason and you aren’t going to change that.[/quote]

You know much more about it than I do, and I respect your opinion, except in relation to ME. :bgrin The good old Us of A seems to be living in the Wild wild West. Where guns were the only LAW.

Things might not be that fantastic here, BUT, ..............

Actually it reminds me of an old Robert Heinlein novel... can't remember the name... but everyone on the planet were required to have guns, ( with some exemptions? ) and once a year there was a Lottery, where gunslingers could nominate to duel to the death with their enemy . Winner takes a big prize. And society had all sorts of Rules .. hmmm[/quote]

It matters not what you I or the yanks think, it's the facts that count and sadly the yanks are in complete denial, as are the PC crowd. The yanks keep trying to put Aus in the same basket as their society and the PC crowd want to put us there as well. They are desperate to distance themselves and their cops from the never ending slaughter and denial they live in with their insane gun culture, But the facts always reveal the truth.

The US cops are so corrupt and gun crazy, in the investigation of the murder of the Aus lady, about 20 cops refused to speak to prosecutors and those that have, changed their stories and are fully supporting their murdering colleague, if they don't then they will see themselves in the same position. But if they stonewall the investigation and it fails, then they have the freedom to continue with their slaughter of innocent and unarmed people.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... acher.html

"Around 20 Minneapolis cops refused to speak to investigators probing the death of an unarmed woman who was shot dead by a police colleague, prosecutors have claimed.

The murder trial of Mohamed Noor, the officer accused of killing Justine Ruszczyk Damond in 2017, has also heard how a senior cop turned off her body camera when talking to Noor moments after the shooting.

In addition, police allegedly discussed withholding evidence with their union officials and had to be compelled to testify by a grand jury.

The evidence has raised fears of a 'blue wall of silence' put up to protect a fellow police officer."

These yanks also claim Aus is very much like the USA, but Aus is classed as the safest country on the planet for women and if you'd travelled as much as I have, you'd fully understand what that is the case. Yet we have all these PC "Me too" nutters complain it's not safe here, bet none of them have been overseas outside the tourist trails to see what life is really like for women around the globe, compared to Aus.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... women.html

"Australia has been ranked the safest country in the world for women for the second year running.

The list, which was compiled from data from consultancy New World Wealth, showed major European cities such as London and Paris had become less safe for women over the past few years.

Female safety was one of the best ways to gauge a country's long-term wealth growth potential, the report said."[/quote]

Interesting, and good to hear. :thumb
Long way to go before the world view will become more balanced.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Postby Bongalong » 23 Apr 2019, 11:51

johnsmith wrote:stay of the drugs bong ... either that or learn to read english

You're just some up yourself promoter of mass immigration to lower everyones wage buddy! That's the game you have to play...

:bike :bike
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Jaguar

Postby Bongalong » 23 Apr 2019, 11:53

Lol, pinkeye is complaining about domestic violence everyday yet comes up with a report that says Australia actually hasn't got that much of a problem afterall.... f'n women :roll

(...off their f'n faces lol) :bike :bike
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Jaguar

Postby Dax » 23 Apr 2019, 12:55

Bongalong wrote:Lol, pinkeye is complaining about domestic violence everyday yet comes up with a report that says Australia actually hasn't got that much of a problem afterall.... f'n women :roll

You need to read a bit more, that report was from me and she was quoting it.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby Bongalong » 23 Apr 2019, 13:01

Dax wrote:
Bongalong wrote:Lol, pinkeye is complaining about domestic violence everyday yet comes up with a report that says Australia actually hasn't got that much of a problem afterall.... f'n women :roll

You need to read a bit more, that report was from me and she was quoting it.

Lol... I just work here :bgrin
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Jaguar

Postby hatty » 26 Apr 2019, 16:50

Bongalong wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Bongalong wrote:He did say it was extremely rare... did you miss that bit?

He also said this load of bollocks

In this county he would be tried for murder straight away and get no support from the police force or colleagues and it wouldn't happen here, because our cops are trained to protect and help the public, not shoot them on sight, as in the US.

pay particular attention to the bit where he says 'tried for murder straight away' and ' no support from the police force or colleagues'

Dax wrote:
Those with primitive infantile minds, don't read they just look for some reason to attack and always fail miserably.

there was no attack you moron ... although I can understand why you would feel so threatened so as to call it an attack. Your primitive little ego can't stand it when someone shows you are wrong, can it? :giggle

The only way you can reconcile it with yourself is to pretend you are been attacked .... all whilst continuing to ignore the evidence

you dopey bastard

So, now you're saying two wrongs make a right?

Lol, if the lord of the internet chat sites mr johnny smith isn't better than that then the internet has lost its right to exist :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

"DAD!! do two wrongs make a right!?"

......."yes lisa two wrongd mke a right" :roll

happy friday everyone!
hatty
mountain lion

Postby Texan » 12 May 2019, 11:48

I sold a gun to a complete stranger today. My wife bought a pistol that didn't suit her. I could fire it just fine and it worked perfectly, but she had frequent failures to eject.(Springfield Arms M&P .380 EZ) We decided that it was due to her limp wristing when shooting. She decided that she wanted to sell the gun and I had no need for it. We were at the gun counter in a large farming supply chain store (Atwoods). A man overheard us talking about the gun with the clerk at the gun counter and offered to buy the gun. We agreed on a price and he promised to show me his Texas License To Carry. I left my wife to browse in the store and retrieved the gun from home. The 3 of us met in the parking lot. I let him inspect the gun. He showed me his LTC and gave me the cash and we went our separate ways. No government involvement and perfectly legal in Texas.

His LTC is legal proof that he is a resident of Texas, has been background checked, is not overdue on any taxes, alimony, or child support payments, has never been convicted of a felony, has never been committed to an asylum, has never been dishonorably discharged from the military, and never been convicted of domestic abuse. It goes well above the requirements of the law and I will always demand either an LTC, police or judicial credentials, or a military ID. All of those prove to me that the person has been checked out thoroughly. Otherwise, I will complete the sale through a Federal Firearm Licensed dealer, where the proper background checks will be performed unless it's to a friend whom I have known for years and trust.

I thought you might find it interesting how private gun sales work in most American states. This was my first gun sale to a stranger. I've bought from and traded with friends and given guns to family members.
Govern wisely, and as little as possible.
President Sam Houston
Texan
mountain lion

Postby SethBullock » 13 May 2019, 11:51

Texan wrote:I sold a gun to a complete stranger today. My wife bought a pistol that didn't suit her. I could fire it just fine and it worked perfectly, but she had frequent failures to eject.(Springfield Arms M&P .380 EZ) We decided that it was due to her limp wristing when shooting. She decided that she wanted to sell the gun and I had no need for it. We were at the gun counter in a large farming supply chain store (Atwoods). A man overheard us talking about the gun with the clerk at the gun counter and offered to buy the gun. We agreed on a price and he promised to show me his Texas License To Carry. I left my wife to browse in the store and retrieved the gun from home. The 3 of us met in the parking lot. I let him inspect the gun. He showed me his LTC and gave me the cash and we went our separate ways. No government involvement and perfectly legal in Texas.

His LTC is legal proof that he is a resident of Texas, has been background checked, is not overdue on any taxes, alimony, or child support payments, has never been convicted of a felony, has never been committed to an asylum, has never been dishonorably discharged from the military, and never been convicted of domestic abuse. It goes well above the requirements of the law and I will always demand either an LTC, police or judicial credentials, or a military ID. All of those prove to me that the person has been checked out thoroughly. Otherwise, I will complete the sale through a Federal Firearm Licensed dealer, where the proper background checks will be performed unless it's to a friend whom I have known for years and trust.

I thought you might find it interesting how private gun sales work in most American states. This was my first gun sale to a stranger. I've bought from and traded with friends and given guns to family members.

She might have better luck with a Glock 42, Texan. I have one. Very good little gun.

I knew right away that she was limp wristing it when you said it worked fine for you. Failure to eject is the classic sign of limp wristing.

But not all guns are as sensitive to limp wristing as others, so I would give the Glock a look.

Seth
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary
SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby Texan » 13 May 2019, 12:15

SethBullock wrote:
Texan wrote:I sold a gun to a complete stranger today. My wife bought a pistol that didn't suit her. I could fire it just fine and it worked perfectly, but she had frequent failures to eject.(Springfield Arms M&P .380 EZ) We decided that it was due to her limp wristing when shooting. She decided that she wanted to sell the gun and I had no need for it. We were at the gun counter in a large farming supply chain store (Atwoods). A man overheard us talking about the gun with the clerk at the gun counter and offered to buy the gun. We agreed on a price and he promised to show me his Texas License To Carry. I left my wife to browse in the store and retrieved the gun from home. The 3 of us met in the parking lot. I let him inspect the gun. He showed me his LTC and gave me the cash and we went our separate ways. No government involvement and perfectly legal in Texas.

She might have better luck with a Glock 42, Texan. I have one. Very good little gun.

I knew right away that she was limp wristing it when you said it worked fine for you. Failure to eject is the classic sign of limp wristing.

But not all guns are as sensitive to limp wristing as others, so I would give the Glock a look.

Seth

She wants a manual thumb safety. She has also gravitated towards capacity. She seems pretty happy with her Ruger Security 9 or her Bersa Thunder .380+. Both work well for her, but I'm sure she'll want another soon. You know what they say about women and changing their minds.
Govern wisely, and as little as possible.
President Sam Houston
Texan
mountain lion

Postby SethBullock » 16 May 2019, 12:33

Texan wrote:
SethBullock wrote:

Seth

She wants a manual thumb safety. She has also gravitated towards capacity. She seems pretty happy with her Ruger Security 9 or her Bersa Thunder .380+. Both work well for her, but I'm sure she'll want another soon. You know what they say about women and changing their minds.

You know, Texan, if she wants a manual safety, and she likes .380, a super safe and high quality choice would be a Walther PPK/S.

I owned one once, and now I regret ever selling it. But back in the day, when I had a mortgage and was raising two kids, if I wanted a gun, I had to sell a gun. This is not the case now, but it was then.

Right now, my Glock 42 fits the bill for a small, light .380. But if I still had my PPK/S ... That was a really nice little pistol and very, very safe to carry.
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary
SethBullock
Jaguar

Previous

Return to Politics