Get over it: Americans are allowed to have guns!

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: Get over it: Americans are allowed to have guns!

Postby pinkeye » 22 Apr 2019, 23:46

[quote="Dax" etc

To the topic. America is not and never will be Australia. We have a different history, different geographic situations, and different roles on the world stage. America has the 2A for a reason and you aren’t going to change that.[/quote]

You know much more about it than I do, and I respect your opinion, except in relation to ME. :bgrin The good old Us of A seems to be living in the Wild wild West. Where guns were the only LAW.

Things might not be that fantastic here, BUT, ..............

Actually it reminds me of an old Robert Heinlein novel... can't remember the name... but everyone on the planet were required to have guns, ( with some exemptions? ) and once a year there was a Lottery, where gunslingers could nominate to duel to the death with their enemy . Winner takes a big prize. And society had all sorts of Rules .. hmmm[/quote]

It matters not what you I or the yanks think, it's the facts that count and sadly the yanks are in complete denial, as are the PC crowd. The yanks keep trying to put Aus in the same basket as their society and the PC crowd want to put us there as well. They are desperate to distance themselves and their cops from the never ending slaughter and denial they live in with their insane gun culture, But the facts always reveal the truth.

The US cops are so corrupt and gun crazy, in the investigation of the murder of the Aus lady, about 20 cops refused to speak to prosecutors and those that have, changed their stories and are fully supporting their murdering colleague, if they don't then they will see themselves in the same position. But if they stonewall the investigation and it fails, then they have the freedom to continue with their slaughter of innocent and unarmed people.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... acher.html

"Around 20 Minneapolis cops refused to speak to investigators probing the death of an unarmed woman who was shot dead by a police colleague, prosecutors have claimed.

The murder trial of Mohamed Noor, the officer accused of killing Justine Ruszczyk Damond in 2017, has also heard how a senior cop turned off her body camera when talking to Noor moments after the shooting.

In addition, police allegedly discussed withholding evidence with their union officials and had to be compelled to testify by a grand jury.

The evidence has raised fears of a 'blue wall of silence' put up to protect a fellow police officer."

These yanks also claim Aus is very much like the USA, but Aus is classed as the safest country on the planet for women and if you'd travelled as much as I have, you'd fully understand what that is the case. Yet we have all these PC "Me too" nutters complain it's not safe here, bet none of them have been overseas outside the tourist trails to see what life is really like for women around the globe, compared to Aus.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... women.html

"Australia has been ranked the safest country in the world for women for the second year running.

The list, which was compiled from data from consultancy New World Wealth, showed major European cities such as London and Paris had become less safe for women over the past few years.

Female safety was one of the best ways to gauge a country's long-term wealth growth potential, the report said."[/quote]

Interesting, and good to hear. :thumb
Long way to go before the world view will become more balanced.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

spamone: Animal

Postby Bongalong » 23 Apr 2019, 10:51

johnsmith wrote:stay of the drugs bong ... either that or learn to read english

You're just some up yourself promoter of mass immigration to lower everyones wage buddy! That's the game you have to play...

:bike :bike
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Bongalong » 23 Apr 2019, 10:53

Lol, pinkeye is complaining about domestic violence everyday yet comes up with a report that says Australia actually hasn't got that much of a problem afterall.... f'n women :roll

(...off their f'n faces lol) :bike :bike
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby Dax » 23 Apr 2019, 11:55

Bongalong wrote:Lol, pinkeye is complaining about domestic violence everyday yet comes up with a report that says Australia actually hasn't got that much of a problem afterall.... f'n women :roll

You need to read a bit more, that report was from me and she was quoting it.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby Bongalong » 23 Apr 2019, 12:01

Dax wrote:
Bongalong wrote:Lol, pinkeye is complaining about domestic violence everyday yet comes up with a report that says Australia actually hasn't got that much of a problem afterall.... f'n women :roll

You need to read a bit more, that report was from me and she was quoting it.

Lol... I just work here :bgrin
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog

Postby hatty » 26 Apr 2019, 15:50

Bongalong wrote:
johnsmith wrote:
Bongalong wrote:He did say it was extremely rare... did you miss that bit?

He also said this load of bollocks

In this county he would be tried for murder straight away and get no support from the police force or colleagues and it wouldn't happen here, because our cops are trained to protect and help the public, not shoot them on sight, as in the US.

pay particular attention to the bit where he says 'tried for murder straight away' and ' no support from the police force or colleagues'

Dax wrote:
Those with primitive infantile minds, don't read they just look for some reason to attack and always fail miserably.

there was no attack you moron ... although I can understand why you would feel so threatened so as to call it an attack. Your primitive little ego can't stand it when someone shows you are wrong, can it? :giggle

The only way you can reconcile it with yourself is to pretend you are been attacked .... all whilst continuing to ignore the evidence

you dopey bastard

So, now you're saying two wrongs make a right?

Lol, if the lord of the internet chat sites mr johnny smith isn't better than that then the internet has lost its right to exist :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

"DAD!! do two wrongs make a right!?"

......."yes lisa two wrongd mke a right" :roll

happy friday everyone!
hatty
Cheetah

Postby Texan » 12 May 2019, 10:48

I sold a gun to a complete stranger today. My wife bought a pistol that didn't suit her. I could fire it just fine and it worked perfectly, but she had frequent failures to eject.(Springfield Arms M&P .380 EZ) We decided that it was due to her limp wristing when shooting. She decided that she wanted to sell the gun and I had no need for it. We were at the gun counter in a large farming supply chain store (Atwoods). A man overheard us talking about the gun with the clerk at the gun counter and offered to buy the gun. We agreed on a price and he promised to show me his Texas License To Carry. I left my wife to browse in the store and retrieved the gun from home. The 3 of us met in the parking lot. I let him inspect the gun. He showed me his LTC and gave me the cash and we went our separate ways. No government involvement and perfectly legal in Texas.

His LTC is legal proof that he is a resident of Texas, has been background checked, is not overdue on any taxes, alimony, or child support payments, has never been convicted of a felony, has never been committed to an asylum, has never been dishonorably discharged from the military, and never been convicted of domestic abuse. It goes well above the requirements of the law and I will always demand either an LTC, police or judicial credentials, or a military ID. All of those prove to me that the person has been checked out thoroughly. Otherwise, I will complete the sale through a Federal Firearm Licensed dealer, where the proper background checks will be performed unless it's to a friend whom I have known for years and trust.

I thought you might find it interesting how private gun sales work in most American states. This was my first gun sale to a stranger. I've bought from and traded with friends and given guns to family members.
Texan
Cheetah

Postby SethBullock » 13 May 2019, 10:51

Texan wrote:I sold a gun to a complete stranger today. My wife bought a pistol that didn't suit her. I could fire it just fine and it worked perfectly, but she had frequent failures to eject.(Springfield Arms M&P .380 EZ) We decided that it was due to her limp wristing when shooting. She decided that she wanted to sell the gun and I had no need for it. We were at the gun counter in a large farming supply chain store (Atwoods). A man overheard us talking about the gun with the clerk at the gun counter and offered to buy the gun. We agreed on a price and he promised to show me his Texas License To Carry. I left my wife to browse in the store and retrieved the gun from home. The 3 of us met in the parking lot. I let him inspect the gun. He showed me his LTC and gave me the cash and we went our separate ways. No government involvement and perfectly legal in Texas.

His LTC is legal proof that he is a resident of Texas, has been background checked, is not overdue on any taxes, alimony, or child support payments, has never been convicted of a felony, has never been committed to an asylum, has never been dishonorably discharged from the military, and never been convicted of domestic abuse. It goes well above the requirements of the law and I will always demand either an LTC, police or judicial credentials, or a military ID. All of those prove to me that the person has been checked out thoroughly. Otherwise, I will complete the sale through a Federal Firearm Licensed dealer, where the proper background checks will be performed unless it's to a friend whom I have known for years and trust.

I thought you might find it interesting how private gun sales work in most American states. This was my first gun sale to a stranger. I've bought from and traded with friends and given guns to family members.

She might have better luck with a Glock 42, Texan. I have one. Very good little gun.

I knew right away that she was limp wristing it when you said it worked fine for you. Failure to eject is the classic sign of limp wristing.

But not all guns are as sensitive to limp wristing as others, so I would give the Glock a look.

Seth
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby Texan » 13 May 2019, 11:15

SethBullock wrote:
Texan wrote:I sold a gun to a complete stranger today. My wife bought a pistol that didn't suit her. I could fire it just fine and it worked perfectly, but she had frequent failures to eject.(Springfield Arms M&P .380 EZ) We decided that it was due to her limp wristing when shooting. She decided that she wanted to sell the gun and I had no need for it. We were at the gun counter in a large farming supply chain store (Atwoods). A man overheard us talking about the gun with the clerk at the gun counter and offered to buy the gun. We agreed on a price and he promised to show me his Texas License To Carry. I left my wife to browse in the store and retrieved the gun from home. The 3 of us met in the parking lot. I let him inspect the gun. He showed me his LTC and gave me the cash and we went our separate ways. No government involvement and perfectly legal in Texas.

She might have better luck with a Glock 42, Texan. I have one. Very good little gun.

I knew right away that she was limp wristing it when you said it worked fine for you. Failure to eject is the classic sign of limp wristing.

But not all guns are as sensitive to limp wristing as others, so I would give the Glock a look.

Seth

She wants a manual thumb safety. She has also gravitated towards capacity. She seems pretty happy with her Ruger Security 9 or her Bersa Thunder .380+. Both work well for her, but I'm sure she'll want another soon. You know what they say about women and changing their minds.
Texan
Cheetah

Postby SethBullock » 16 May 2019, 11:33

Texan wrote:
SethBullock wrote:

Seth

She wants a manual thumb safety. She has also gravitated towards capacity. She seems pretty happy with her Ruger Security 9 or her Bersa Thunder .380+. Both work well for her, but I'm sure she'll want another soon. You know what they say about women and changing their minds.

You know, Texan, if she wants a manual safety, and she likes .380, a super safe and high quality choice would be a Walther PPK/S.

I owned one once, and now I regret ever selling it. But back in the day, when I had a mortgage and was raising two kids, if I wanted a gun, I had to sell a gun. This is not the case now, but it was then.

Right now, my Glock 42 fits the bill for a small, light .380. But if I still had my PPK/S ... That was a really nice little pistol and very, very safe to carry.

SethBullock
Jaguar

Postby Dax » 01 Jun 2019, 11:16

Tome for an update as the yanks slaughter more of their number in another mass shooting, The below link appeared in the NYT and is an excellent representation of the facts, which are constantly denied by the gun crazed nutters in the USA. It provides excellent statistics and views of the bizarre situation and the difference between US states and other countries, which no amount of denial and deception can cover up.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... tings.html.

"There has been another mass shooting, this one in Virginia Beach, where at least 11 people were killed. This essay originally ran in 2017, after a shooting in Texas church killed 26 people, but the issue is still tragically relevant — and will remain so until America tightens its gun safety policies.

America Has More Guns
Than Any Other Country

The first step is to understand the scale of the challenge America faces: The U.S. has more than 300 million guns – roughly one for every citizen – and stands out as well for its gun death rates. At the other extreme, Japan has less than one gun per 100 people, and typically fewer than 10 gun deaths a year in the entire country."

You'll have to go to the link as there are graphs which give comparisons which show the true extent of the insanity that grips the yanks.
Dax
Cheetah

Postby Dax » 01 Jun 2019, 17:32

"#GenerationLockdown: Two Australians shake up America with viral anti-gun ad"

"On a quiet afternoon somewhere in America, a couple of dozen employees gathered for an all-staff meeting."

"Today, we're going to be learning what to do in the event of an active shooter," the boss said to the fidgeting group.

"We've brought in a special guest. She's an expert on this."

"The expert was Kayleigh, an 11-year-old girl with blonde hair and blue overalls.

Two Australians helped create an anti-gun violence video in the US
The video for March For Our Lives has been viewed more than 50 million times
There were 103 school shootings in the US in 2018"

This is a real eye opener and shows what little kids have to go through daily when at school, that no one has a clue what the outcome for them psychologically will be and it can only instil fear, confusion and a feeling that revolves around getting shot.

How any sane sensible person can commit their kids and grand kids to this form o terror, is beyond me. But it does show the true psychological state of the USA

103 school shootings last year, that's close to one every 3 days, that's the highest rate on the planet by miles, it doesn't even happen in the most violent countries on the planet. Then again the most violent country on the planet, may be the USA
Dax
Cheetah

Postby DreamRyderX » 02 Jun 2019, 16:28

The slaughter of over 20 children in Newtown, Connecticut didn't cause Americans to relinquish any of their Constitutional Freedoms or Liberties, as polls still say that the US Constitution.....especially the 2nd Amendment..... is still alive & strong.

These incidents will, as usual, evaporate within a short passage of time, & life will go on.

Most Americans aren't as knee-jerk as some to pass worthless, feel nice, legislation that wont get guns out of the hands of criminals, & only harass & restrict law abiding American Gun Owners from exercising their Constitutionally protected Rights.

I said before, the only answer is harsher punishment for criminals that use firearms in the commission of a crime, better diagnosis of mental conditions, & more education.

Harsher punishment for criminals that use firearms in the commission of a crime, matter-in-factly they have been getting harsher, but I suggest they need to get way harsher........Like, mandatory 25 years to life for the first crime committed using a firearm.

Even if they are first time offenders, & never been in trouble with the law before......Use a firearm in the commission of a crime, any crime...... mandatory 25 years to life.....25 years the minimum.

Second offense.....Life, without the option of parole........mandatory sentences.....Judges have no options/discretions in sentencing whatsoever, no mitigating circumstances, no plea bargains, no excuses...............period.

Never water yerself down just because someone might not be able ta handle ya at "190 Proof"
DreamRyderX
Pitbull terrier

Postby Aussie » 02 Jun 2019, 17:00

Most Americans aren't as knee-jerk as some to pass worthless, feel nice, legislation that wont get guns out of the hands of criminals, & only harass & restrict law abiding American Gun Owners from exercising their Constitutionally protected Rights.

That addresses the symptom not the cause. These massacres are not being done by 'criminals.' It is the ordinary American Joe Blow who is shooting people (including kids at school) down.
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Americans aren't permitted, we have a RIGHT to own guns!

Postby DreamRyderX » 02 Jun 2019, 17:44

Aussie wrote:

That addresses the symptom not the cause. These massacres are not being done by 'criminals.' It is the ordinary American Joe Blow who is shooting people (including kids at school) down.

These massacres are not being done by 'criminals.

So, senselessly shooting/murdering someone is not a "criminal activity" in your neck of the woods?????!

◆ Attempting to murder is criminal.
◆ A felon owning a firearm is criminal.
◆ Shooting people indiscriminately is criminal.
◆ Using firearms in a criminal manner is absolutely illegal.

1. Americans will not be giving up their RIGHT to Keep & Bear Arms for Self-Defense (among other less important reasons like sports, or deer hunting) any time soon.

2. There will be no confiscations any time soon either, so get that idea out of yer system. With over 90% of all the 350,000,000 firearms in civilian hands being unregistered, there is no way that even if you think that Americans will give them up freely, where would you look? Cant go door to door, that's a sure way to get shot at, & besides it's unconstitutional....the Fourth Amendment says so, it says you need more than just a suspicion that a criminal act is taking place, the police have to know for sure & convince a judge prior to any search or possible seizure, on a case by case basis.

3. If ordered by government to flat-out turn over their firearms to authorities, Americans would flat-out refuse.....it has been estimated by well over 70%.

So faced with the above, how would you go about disarming Americans of their cherished firearms, without bloodshed?

Last edited by DreamRyderX on 02 Jun 2019, 20:01, edited 1 time in total.
Never water yerself down just because someone might not be able ta handle ya at "190 Proof"
DreamRyderX
Pitbull terrier

Postby johnsmith » 02 Jun 2019, 19:51

DreamRyderX wrote:So, senselessly shooting/murdering someone is not a "criminal activity" in your neck of the woods??

so your suggestion is to not do anything until after they've shot someone? :thumb
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Americans aren't permitted, we have a RIGHT to own guns!

Postby DreamRyderX » 02 Jun 2019, 20:23

johnsmith wrote:
DreamRyderX wrote:So, senselessly shooting/murdering someone is not a "criminal activity" in your neck of the woods??

so your suggestion is to not do anything until after they've shot someone? :thumb

100% incorrect......knee-jerk reactions are when the American legislators, feeling that they must "immediately do something", attempt to make new American laws that simply will do nothing to stop criminals from accessing firearms, & committing these heinous crimes.

Legislatures will never be able to legislate sanity, nor ban insanity.

In America the authorities (law enforcement) have to redouble their efforts to enforce the gun laws already on the books, & if anything make punishment for breaking those laws so horrifying, that they actually have the intended deterrent effect.

DreamRyderX
Pitbull terrier

Re: Americans aren't permitted, we have a RIGHT to own guns!

Postby Aussie » 02 Jun 2019, 22:57

DreamRyderX wrote:
Aussie wrote:

So, senselessly shooting/murdering someone is not a "criminal activity" in your neck of the woods?????!

I guess you did not notice the quotation marks around the word 'criminals.'

1. Americans will not be giving up their RIGHT to Keep & Bear Arms for Self-Defense (among other less important reasons like sports, or deer hunting) any time soon.

I agree.....but they will, eventually...after whatever their tolerance levels for kids being slaughtered at school is reached and exceeded.

2. There will be no confiscations any time soon either, so get that idea out of yer system. With over 90% of all the 350,000,000 firearms in civilian hands being unregistered, there is no way that even if you think that Americans will give them up freely, where would you look? Cant go door to door, that's a sure way to get shot at, & besides it's unconstitutional....the Fourth Amendment says so, it says you need more than just a suspicion that a criminal act is taking place, the police have to know for sure & convince a judge prior to any search or possible seizure, on a case by case basis.

It can only happen if the 2nd Amendment is nuked....and that is not a simple task.

3. If ordered by government to flat-out turn over their firearms to authorities, Americans would flat-out refuse.....it has been estimated by well over 70%.

Even after the Constitution was changed via due Referendum process?

So faced with the above, how would you go about disarming Americans of their cherished firearms, without bloodshed?

First....via Referendum, the 2nd Amendment is nuked. I would then expect that those who have been holding the Constitution near and dear will continue to do so and respect the Constitution. Otherwise, as I have been saying all day on a US Forum....they can man the ramparts at the Alamo with Charlton Heston (assuming he is still alive) and they can pointlessly and yet heroically yell at Santa Anna......'Over my cold dead hands.' He replied..'Okay' and history repeats.
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby pinkeye » 03 Jun 2019, 00:37

Indeed.

No way they'll allow the 2nd Amendment to be nuked. The ONE single thing yanks have got to feel good about is .. they can own a gun, unlike most other people in the world, but just like every other yank. Wild West people.. Wild West..!!

I really think it's going to take the absolute breakdown of law and order ( not far off eh? )
and chaos ruling ( not far off eh?)

a complete rupture that cannot be denied
before anything will change.. and frankly
not for the better

chaos will rule for a long long time.

the USA is ROOTED.

Its people are crazier than most.
Glory glory gory gone
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Warthog

Postby Texan » 03 Jun 2019, 03:02

If the US is ever neutered, the whole world will be rooted.
Texan
Cheetah

Postby HBS Guy » 03 Jun 2019, 04:07

Yws, americans are allowed to have guns and it is too late to do anything, but, fuck—

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06-01/two-australians-made-a-viral-gun-control-video/11118340

Reading, writing, arithmetic—and hiding from a shooter.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Dax » 03 Jun 2019, 05:37

Texan wrote:If the US is ever neutered, the whole world will be rooted.

That's what the romans, greeks, god cult and many other authoritarian ideological societies have said in the past, but the world is still functioning. For some strange reason all ideologies think their insane beliefs and deranged violent ways of life are the only ones capable of surviving and maintaining power, yet the historical facts are the opposite and the USA is on the way out and it will happen internally. The catalyst for the collapse is the Rump, who has to be the dumbest, most ignorant and unintelligent racist elitist they have ever elected and also gun crazy.

When a society has to train its school kids for an inevitable gun slaughtering attack on them, all it will do is create fear, bedlam and total paranoia for the rest of their lives. Every heard of PTSD, well that's what just about all US kids are growing up with, because they have no idea when they will become the next collateral damage, so their parents can puff their chests out and prance round with their guns. Claiming everyone has the right to be armed just in case their own government turns against them, pretty insane reasoning when you really look at it from a sane perspective.

Doesn't say much for their intelligence of the average American citizen does it, in fact it just proves how really insane those who believe in a non existent god really are and why the USA is rapidly losing friends and allies. The USA may think it's all powerful, but the USA is useless without its allies and when you the put your right to have guns for everyone, against the right for your children to grow up in a reasonably safe environment, you truly have lost the plot big time.

Even back in the days of the wild west, a mass school shooting was extremely rare, In fact I can't find one before the middle of the last century. But today, it's as common as toast and much more deadly.

To the idiot who claims more stringent laws and punishments will solve the problem, the USA has the most stringent laws on the planet, yet the slackest gun laws. The USA has the highest rate of incarceration, has the highest gun ownership rates, the highest gun deaths on the planet and off course, no country comes near it for mass gun slaughter, especially when it comes to kids.

The claim it's not the guns but the person behind the gun, is relatively true, but that doesn't say much for the psychological state or intelligence of the people, when gun crimes and deaths along with mass slaughter is on the rise daily and yet you all just say we demand our right for anyone to carry loaded guns anywhere anytime and we are proud of it. :grn
Dax
Cheetah

Re: Americans aren't permitted, we have a RIGHT to own guns!

Postby DreamRyderX » 03 Jun 2019, 12:06

Aussie wrote:
DreamRyderX wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I guess you did not notice the quotation marks around the word 'criminals.'

I agree.....but they will, eventually...after whatever their tolerance levels for kids being slaughtered at school is reached and exceeded.

It can only happen if the 2nd Amendment is nuked....and that is not a simple task.

First....via Referendum, the 2nd Amendment is nuked. I would then expect that those who have been holding the Constitution near and dear will continue to do so and respect the Constitution. Otherwise, as I have been saying all day on a US Forum....they can man the ramparts at the Alamo with Charlton Heston (assuming he is still alive) and they can pointlessly and yet heroically yell at Santa Anna......'Over my cold dead hands.' He replied..'Okay' and history repeats.

Your last point first......you don't seem to know/understand how much the American People truly revere (our)their Constitution.

It's embedded in (our)their DNA.............

JFYI, if you haven't already guessed, I'm proudly a "True to the Red, White, & Blue" American. Image Image Image

Every leader, every elected official at all levels of government, every member of the military, every law enforcement officer, & every judge across America swears an oath with one thing in common above all else.......they swear to "preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States" ..... First & Foremost... "preserve, protect and defend the Constitution" not the Country, nor it's flag, nor it's government, nor any of it's leaders.....they swear to first & foremost preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America.

Sheriffs are the highest Law Enforcement Officials in the USA. They are more powerful than any Police Officer in any city within America. They are the US Local Law Enforcement outside of most big city urban areas. Sheriffs are elected directly by the people, & with their deputies far outnumber any US Metropolitan Police Department.

Sheriffs all across America, besides being avid gun enthusiasts themselves, are on record that they take their Solemn Oaths of Office very seriously, especially when it comes to defending the US Constitution, of which the Second Amendment is a vital component, & as such they are on record that they will not enforce any new Gun Control Laws they feel are in direct contradiction to the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

"Massacres", as you call them, of school children, though being rare, are very serious & gut wrenching events in America. Yes, Americans grieve, but they do not, & will not surrender their Freedoms & Liberties to the evil that took those lives from them. That said, even a few weeks after the worse such event (until the next), the American People & their communities eventually finished their mourning, dusted themselves off so to speak, & got back to living life as Americans.....the past is to be remembered & not forgotten........after all, they have their lives to live. They didn't relinquish any of their Constitutional Freedoms or Liberties..........The 2nd Amendment (the Right that protects all other Rights) ..... is still alive & strong.

The Second Amendment recognizes, affirms, & protects the Fundamental & Natural Right of all citizens of a free country to defend themselves in the best manner available.

Brother, did you say a freekin' mouthful !!!!

Process to Amend the US Constitution:

Someone, a Congressman, a Senator, any citizen, proposes an amendment to the US Constitution.

Individually, each House of Congress (The US House of Representatives & the US Senate) must agree to debate, & then vote on the Amendment.

Each House must pass the Amendment by a two-thirds (2/3) Super-Majority vote. (435 US Representatives of the US House times 2/3 equals 290 Representatives) & (100 US Senators times 2/3 equals 67 Senators).

If Successful in the US Congress then the proposed Amendment gets sent to the 50 individual States, where it requires 3/4 of all the States (50 times 3/4 equals 38 States) to Ratify the new Amendment.

At the State level it is either done within the individual State's Legislatures, or if mandated by the individual State's Constitution, it must be sent to the Citizens of that State to vote on the proposed Amendment. Usually the entire States ratification process is limited Seven (7) years.

If that's successfully accomplished, the new Amendment is entered into the US Constitution.

History:

There are 27 Amendments to the Constitution.

Approximately 11,770 measures have been proposed to amend the US Constitution from 1789 through January 3, 2019.....over the span of 230 years.

Since 1789, Congress has sent only 33 proposed Constitutional amendments to the States for ratification. Of these, only 27 have been ratified.

That would have to mean well over 11,700 proposed Amendments to the US Constitution could not be agreed to by a Super-Majority of Congress. :OMG

The first 10 Amendments ratified by the States, to become part of their US Constitution (the Peoples Document), were/are called "The Bill of Rights" the Rights of the American People.

So, in over 230 years, only 27 Amendments (17 if you don't include the American People's Bill of Rights) made it through the entire process successfully.

And BTW only one (1) Constitutional Amendment has ever been enacted to repeal another - "Nuked" as you call it - & never has a repeal of a Right of the People ever been even suggested for ratification by the American People. :read

The 21st Amendment, ratified in 1933, repealed the 18th Amendment, ratified in 1919, which had instituted Prohibition.
:beer

Respectfully, ".......no simple task......" might be considered somewhat of an understatement me thinks.

See the previous for the precise procedure & history of the same.......

Yes, even then.........We like our guns.......Americans, & their ancestors, have had guns for hundreds of years, & their guns have served them well, in peace & at war.....during quiet times, & in times of great danger & peril .... ImageImageImage

Last edited by DreamRyderX on 03 Jun 2019, 12:29, edited 1 time in total.
DreamRyderX
Pitbull terrier

Postby SethBullock » 03 Jun 2019, 12:26

Hey there from Oregon, DreamRyderX.

Where are ya from?

Seth

SethBullock
Jaguar

Americans aren't permitted, we have a RIGHT to guns!

Postby DreamRyderX » 03 Jun 2019, 12:34

SethBullock wrote:Hey there from Oregon, DreamRyderX.

Where are ya from?

Seth

Image Originally, Brooklyn, N.Y. Image

Pleased ta meet yer acquaintance Seth ....... Image

Big freekin' trees up that a way!!! Image
DreamRyderX
Pitbull terrier

PreviousNext

Return to Politics