Get over it: Americans are allowed to have guns!

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Get over it: Americans are allowed to have guns!

Postby Bongalong » 07 Feb 2019, 11:05

The losers who attack Americans for being allowed to have a gun just don't like America.
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3270
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Get over it: Americans are allowed to have guns!

Postby greggerypeccary » 07 Feb 2019, 11:46

Hard to like a place where people take guns to church, and sleep with them by their beds.
User avatar
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 4406
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: Get over it: Americans are allowed to have guns!

Postby Bongalong » 07 Feb 2019, 12:09

greggerypeccary wrote:Hard to like a place where people take guns to church, and sleep with them by their beds.

Good onya greg: no one gives a fuck what you think mate!
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3270
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Get over it: Americans are allowed to have guns!

Postby SethBullock » 07 Feb 2019, 12:44

And yet I remember the story Mothra posted a while back that I just found appalling. It was the story of a woman who stabbed a man to death who was her rapist. And his mode of intimidation was that if she didn't submit, he would rape her juvenile daughter, if I remember correctly. Once he was dead, she dragged his body from a vehicle and dumped it somewhere along side a road.

If I remember correctly, she got 2 years, the judge saying she had disrespected his effing corpse.

And I thought to myself, "Who gives a shit about his effing corpse?" And I thought to myself that the true motive for the sentence was that your establishment doesn't really like your citizens to defend themselves or their families, and this horse shit about his corpse was just an excuse to punish her for having the temerity to actually defend herself and her daughter, instead of being a submissive victim.

And there's the difference between Australia and the U.S.

Your government takes away your guns, your pocket knives, and outlaws even pepper spray and tells you to just be helpless and leave your security to us. And if you absolutely have to kill, and we can't imprison you for it as we'd like to, we'll damn sure find some way to punish you. Can't have the people getting too uppity about their own self-defense, now can we?

They prefer you to be a helpless victim rather than having sovereignty over your safety and the protection of your family.

I don't want to live like that.

As for that corpse that woman left along side the road, the final line in this scene is what I think of his effing corpse ....

"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
User avatar
SethBullock
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2325
Joined: 22 Oct 2018, 12:37
Location: Oregon, USA
spamone: Animal

Re: Get over it: Americans are allowed to have guns!

Postby Aussie » 07 Feb 2019, 12:50

Yes...that charge of 'interfering with a corpse' (we've had it for ages) is silly. Dead is dead and as you so eloquently put it....who gives an eff about a cadaver. Yes it is disrespectful, but hardly a criminal act.
User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
 
Posts: 8910
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 17:25

Re: Get over it: Americans are allowed to have guns!

Postby hatty » 07 Feb 2019, 12:53

firearms cause way more harm than they prevent

/closethrread
User avatar
hatty
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1268
Joined: 30 Apr 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Get over it: Americans are allowed to have guns!

Postby Texan » 07 Feb 2019, 13:24

hatty wrote:firearms cause way more harm than they prevent

/closethrread

Firearms are here to stay. Do you trust your government more than honest, law abiding people? China is growing crops in Australia. Does China expect you to export the crops to them or do you benefit from the crops grown in your country? What would happen if the US took their guns and went home and sealed their borders? I don't know Australia - China relations, but are they encroaching on your country? I'm not telling you this is the case, I'm asking because I am curious. It seems that your resources aren't as plentiful as you'd like with fresh water and crops and all.

How many millions trusted their government in the 20th century only to be starved or slaughtered after they were disarmed by their government? Until recently, Chinese families were only permitted to have 1 child. How many girl babies were butchered so that they could have a son? Would an armed Chinese population have permitted this abuse of freedom? At least they don't have to worry about sleeping with a gun on their bedside table. Some friends of mine adopted a Chinese baby with a cleft palate because she would have been killed otherwise. She is a beautiful 10 year old now and has a beautiful East Texas accent. Her father is a retired military chaplain.

How many innocent people are saved by the use of guns? Most of those people are never noticed or added to the "gun death studies".

You do what you want in Australia and I'll wish you the best. I don't expect you to like guns or America and I don't expect you to visit here. I'll welcome you if you do come, but you do you and I'll do me. That's all I want. I'm only here because I am curious how other people live and speaking the same language makes that convenient to learn. If I'm meddling too much, I apologize and I will leave.
Texan
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1185
Joined: 21 Oct 2018, 13:38
spamone: Animal

Re: Get over it: Americans are allowed to have guns!

Postby greggerypeccary » 07 Feb 2019, 13:30

Texan wrote:
hatty wrote: If I'm meddling too much, I apologize and I will leave.


No, don't leave.

The input provided from you and Seth is very interesting, and enlightening.
User avatar
greggerypeccary
Warthog
 
Posts: 4406
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 14:52
spamone: Animal

Re: Get over it: Americans are allowed to have guns!

Postby Bongalong » 07 Feb 2019, 13:44

SethBullock wrote:And yet I remember the story Mothra posted a while back that I just found appalling. It was the story of a woman who stabbed a man to death who was her rapist. And his mode of intimidation was that if she didn't submit, he would rape her juvenile daughter, if I remember correctly. Once he was dead, she dragged his body from a vehicle and dumped it somewhere along side a road.

If I remember correctly, she got 2 years, the judge saying she had disrespected his effing corpse.

And I thought to myself, "Who gives a shit about his effing corpse?" And I thought to myself that the true motive for the sentence was that your establishment doesn't really like your citizens to defend themselves or their families, and this horse shit about his corpse was just an excuse to punish her for having the temerity to actually defend herself and her daughter, instead of being a submissive victim.

And there's the difference between Australia and the U.S.

Your government takes away your guns, your pocket knives, and outlaws even pepper spray and tells you to just be helpless and leave your security to us. And if you absolutely have to kill, and we can't imprison you for it as we'd like to, we'll damn sure find some way to punish you. Can't have the people getting too uppity about their own self-defense, now can we?

They prefer you to be a helpless victim rather than having sovereignty over your safety and the protection of your family.

I don't want to live like that.

As for that corpse that woman left along side the road, the final line in this scene is what I think of his effing corpse ....


It's to discourage anarchy! THE POLICE ARE THERE AND IF YOU DON'T USE THE LAW THEN YOU ARE AN ANARCHIST!

TOO MANY WOMEN SLEEP WITH CRIMINALS AND GET IN TOO DEEP... THEN THEY COMPLAIN ABOUT SOME OF THE CHOICES THEY MADE!
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3270
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Get over it: Americans are allowed to have guns!

Postby Bongalong » 07 Feb 2019, 13:45

hatty wrote:firearms cause way more harm than they prevent

/closethrread

LOL, HATTY PUT THE STUPID FOOT DOWN :bike :bike :bike :bike :bike :roll
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3270
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Get over it: Americans are allowed to have guns!

Postby SethBullock » 07 Feb 2019, 14:15

hatty wrote:firearms cause way more harm than they prevent

/closethrread


You can't know that, Hatty. It is impossible to know what firearms ownership prevents because it prevents it. There are many anecdotal incidents where someone with a firearm wards off or discourages a crime. But there is no uniform reporting of these events like there is for crimes. So, for example, let's say someone tries to break into my home right now as I'm sitting here typing this. I grab my gun and scare him off.

This will be reported as an attempted burglary. But there is zero mechanism to track the fact that I, as an armed citizen, stopped him while armed with a gun.

Let's say my attempt to scare him off fails, and I have to shoot. The police come and investigate. It is a clear-cut case of self-defense. The police do not arrest me, and they do not recommend charges against me, and the District Attorney agrees. Guess what? This gets reported as a burglary or attempted robbery or whatever applies, but not an assault or homicide with a firearm. The burglary or attempted robbery will be cataloged into the data system, but not the shooting.

We know that these incidents of self-defense happen every day in this country, but we have no way of knowing how many.

I'll tell you a true story. One time when my son was a little boy I took him to a river to do a little bank fishing. No one else was there ... until. We were just fishing when two young men in their 20s approached us. I took note of the jailhouse tattoos on their arms, unkempt appearance, and the inappropriateness of approaching a man and his little boy for no reason. They tried to start a conversation, but it was clear to me they weren't interested in the small talk. I remember the way one of them looked at me, sizing me up. I had a .38 revolver in a holster in my waistband under my shirt. I had heard enough of their bs at that point and just faced them and told them to have a nice day.

Decision time. They looked at me for a few seconds. I stared back, and I could see the wheels turning in their heads.

"Can we take him? What if he has a gun? He doesn't look like he's afraid of us."

A few more moments of tension, and then they turned and left.

They read me correctly and made the right choice, and they never saw the gun, and I never mentioned it. But, to this day, I honestly believe that the possibility that I was armed was a big factor in their choice.

I can't prove it. It will never get put into a computerized system that will count it.

So really, we don't know what firearms ownership prevents or stops.
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
User avatar
SethBullock
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2325
Joined: 22 Oct 2018, 12:37
Location: Oregon, USA
spamone: Animal

Re: Get over it: Americans are allowed to have guns!

Postby Aussie » 07 Feb 2019, 14:26

If I'm meddling too much, I apologize and I will leave.


Muck in and 'meddle' as much as you like Texan. We dish it out and we are alleged to be able to take it.

:beer
User avatar
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs
 
Posts: 8910
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 17:25

Re: Get over it: Americans are allowed to have guns!

Postby SethBullock » 07 Feb 2019, 14:33

Texan wrote:
hatty wrote:firearms cause way more harm than they prevent

/closethrread

Firearms are here to stay. Do you trust your government more than honest, law abiding people? China is growing crops in Australia. Does China expect you to export the crops to them or do you benefit from the crops grown in your country? What would happen if the US took their guns and went home and sealed their borders? I don't know Australia - China relations, but are they encroaching on your country? I'm not telling you this is the case, I'm asking because I am curious. It seems that your resources aren't as plentiful as you'd like with fresh water and crops and all.

How many millions trusted their government in the 20th century only to be starved or slaughtered after they were disarmed by their government? Until recently, Chinese families were only permitted to have 1 child. How many girl babies were butchered so that they could have a son? Would an armed Chinese population have permitted this abuse of freedom? At least they don't have to worry about sleeping with a gun on their bedside table. Some friends of mine adopted a Chinese baby with a cleft palate because she would have been killed otherwise. She is a beautiful 10 year old now and has a beautiful East Texas accent. Her father is a retired military chaplain.

How many innocent people are saved by the use of guns? Most of those people are never noticed or added to the "gun death studies".

You do what you want in Australia and I'll wish you the best. I don't expect you to like guns or America and I don't expect you to visit here. I'll welcome you if you do come, but you do you and I'll do me. That's all I want. I'm only here because I am curious how other people live and speaking the same language makes that convenient to learn. If I'm meddling too much, I apologize and I will leave.


Oh, no you don't, Mister! You're not leaving me alone in this foxhole!

foxhole2 (2).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"At least he's not Hillary" - Hatty

"There's only one solution: MORE guns!" - greggerypeccary

... "mr know it all" - Bongalong
User avatar
SethBullock
Jaguar
 
Posts: 2325
Joined: 22 Oct 2018, 12:37
Location: Oregon, USA
spamone: Animal

Re: Get over it: Americans are allowed to have guns!

Postby johnsmith » 07 Feb 2019, 15:44

SethBullock wrote:You can't know that, Hatty. It is impossible to know what firearms ownership prevents because it prevents it.


we know what it doesn't prevent ............. mass shootings :roll :roll


Texan wrote: If I'm meddling too much, I apologize and I will leave.


and leave us alone with Seth as the USA's sole representative? :WTF :WTF :WTF
Don't you care about your country? :giggle
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 9266
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Get over it: Americans are allowed to have guns!

Postby Bongalong » 07 Feb 2019, 15:55

Mass shootings are a product of access to firearms: lol, we all know that!

My thread title still stands!

John and loser incorporated simply hate Americans!! :zzzz
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3270
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Get over it: Americans are allowed to have guns!

Postby Auggie » 07 Feb 2019, 15:56

And do you suppose which is a better society? One where people need guns, or one where people don't??
Apart from chattel slavery, Jim Crow, John C Calhoun, the Robber Barons, the Civil War, George Wallace, segregation, Ronald Reagan, violent crime, serial killers and Donald Trump, what makes America the shittest nation on earth?
Auggie
Pain in the Butt
 
Posts: 2303
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 17:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Get over it: Americans are allowed to have guns!

Postby johnsmith » 07 Feb 2019, 15:59

Bongalong wrote:Mass shootings are a product of access to firearms: lol, we all know that!

My thread title still stands!

John and loser incorporated simply hate Americans!! :zzzz


you should be grateful we don't have guns. You would have shot yourself ages ago if we did.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
User avatar
johnsmith
Mastodon
 
Posts: 9266
Joined: 25 Sep 2017, 21:39
spamone: Animal

Re: Get over it: Americans are allowed to have guns!

Postby Bongalong » 07 Feb 2019, 16:03

Auggie wrote:And do you suppose which is a better society? One where people need guns, or one where people don't??

You'd be seeking a qualitative statement engendered by a colourfully biased question: how do we measure the accuracy of such a thing ESPECIALLY given the circumstance?

You, bruther: can't--> because you're a full of shite c***!
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3270
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Get over it: Americans are allowed to have guns!

Postby Auggie » 07 Feb 2019, 16:04

Bongalong wrote:
Auggie wrote:And do you suppose which is a better society? One where people need guns, or one where people don't??

You'd be seeking a qualitative statement engendered by a colourfully biased question: how do we measure the accuracy of such a thing ESPECIALLY given the circumstance?

You, bruther: can't--> because you're a full of shite c***!


Very easy: look at crime rates, and quality of life indices.
Apart from chattel slavery, Jim Crow, John C Calhoun, the Robber Barons, the Civil War, George Wallace, segregation, Ronald Reagan, violent crime, serial killers and Donald Trump, what makes America the shittest nation on earth?
Auggie
Pain in the Butt
 
Posts: 2303
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 17:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Get over it: Americans are allowed to have guns!

Postby Bongalong » 07 Feb 2019, 16:05

johnsmith wrote:
Bongalong wrote:Mass shootings are a product of access to firearms: lol, we all know that!

My thread title still stands!

John and loser incorporated simply hate Americans!! :zzzz


you should be grateful we don't have guns. You would have shot yourself ages ago if we did.

How would you know something like that?

:bike :bike

Go on johnny boy: put your skills on show doggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg :Hi
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3270
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Get over it: Americans are allowed to have guns!

Postby Texan » 07 Feb 2019, 16:06

Bongalong wrote:Mass shootings are a product of access to firearms: lol, we all know that!

My thread title still stands!

John and loser incorporated simply hate Americans!! :zzzz

Just look at all of the police stations and gun shows that are shot up. Oh, wait...... Lots of gun access there.
Texan
Cheetah
 
Posts: 1185
Joined: 21 Oct 2018, 13:38
spamone: Animal

Re: Get over it: Americans are allowed to have guns!

Postby Bongalong » 07 Feb 2019, 16:08

Auggie wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
Auggie wrote:And do you suppose which is a better society? One where people need guns, or one where people don't??

You'd be seeking a qualitative statement engendered by a colourfully biased question: how do we measure the accuracy of such a thing ESPECIALLY given the circumstance?

You, bruther: can't--> because you're a full of shite c***!


Very easy: look at crime rates, and quality of life indices.

Brah, you can't even answer whether a better society saves the worlds ass every now and again because you are a completely off your face cunt head!

Go back to s***** dickk mate :beer
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3270
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Get over it: Americans are allowed to have guns!

Postby Auggie » 07 Feb 2019, 16:11

Bongalong wrote:
Auggie wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
Auggie wrote:And do you suppose which is a better society? One where people need guns, or one where people don't??

You'd be seeking a qualitative statement engendered by a colourfully biased question: how do we measure the accuracy of such a thing ESPECIALLY given the circumstance?

You, bruther: can't--> because you're a full of shite c***!


Very easy: look at crime rates, and quality of life indices.

Brah, you can't even answer whether a better society saves the worlds ass every now and again because you are a completely off your face cunt head!

Go back to s***** dickk mate :beer


Let's say I was born bigger and much taller than you, and I had good genes. I could beat you up very easily, and I did so. Should I be given special credit for doing so? Am I exceptional or did my genes and good fortunate simply help me to beat you up?
Apart from chattel slavery, Jim Crow, John C Calhoun, the Robber Barons, the Civil War, George Wallace, segregation, Ronald Reagan, violent crime, serial killers and Donald Trump, what makes America the shittest nation on earth?
Auggie
Pain in the Butt
 
Posts: 2303
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 17:05
spamone: Animal

Re: Get over it: Americans are allowed to have guns!

Postby Bongalong » 07 Feb 2019, 16:15

Auggie wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
Auggie wrote:
Bongalong wrote:
Auggie wrote:And do you suppose which is a better society? One where people need guns, or one where people don't??

You'd be seeking a qualitative statement engendered by a colourfully biased question: how do we measure the accuracy of such a thing ESPECIALLY given the circumstance?

You, bruther: can't--> because you're a full of shite c***!


Very easy: look at crime rates, and quality of life indices.

Brah, you can't even answer whether a better society saves the worlds ass every now and again because you are a completely off your face cunt head!

Go back to s***** dickk mate :beer


Let's say I was born bigger and much taller than you, and I had good genes. I could beat you up very easily, and I did so. Should I be given special credit for doing so? Am I exceptional or did my genes and good fortunate simply help me to beat you up?

Go back to your kung fu classes mate: where they are made to pretend to accept you!

:gsp
"Oi!"
Bongalong
Warthog
 
Posts: 3270
Joined: 25 Jun 2018, 11:48
spamone: Animal

Re: Get over it: Americans are allowed to have guns!

Postby DonDeeHippy » 07 Feb 2019, 16:39

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estimated ... by_country
Usa No1 then Australia comes in 50th out of 230 countries, so percentage wise Australia has more gun than 180 other countries... we have more guns now than when the strict gun laws came in...…. We r not unarmed and if u want a gun u can get one... It's just not a easy thing to do ( which I think it should be )
so if u happen to lead your life with fear u can get a gun and leave it ((locked in a secure container ) by your bed, no one is stopping u...…..
SO your idea that Australia is unarmed is wrong

What is really revealing and I think is tragic is the amount of registered guns and estimated unregistered guns in each country...
Usa registered 1,073,743 unregistered392,273,257
Australia registered 3,158,795 unregistered 414,205
so according to that Australia has 3 times the registered firearms than the USA and USA has about 15 times the population....
no wonder your afraid to goto church without a gun in your pocket..... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
User avatar
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar
 
Posts: 1862
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 20:18
spamone: Animal

Next

Return to Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests