Wars

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls.

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: Wars

Postby johnsmith » 15 Jun 2019, 15:15

SethBullock wrote:No matter what Trump does or doesn’t do, our Democrats will hate it.

whereas the republicans were full of praise for obama :c :c
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

spamone: Animal

Postby Squire » 15 Jun 2019, 23:02

johnsmith wrote:
SethBullock wrote:No matter what Trump does or doesn’t do, our Democrats will hate it.

whereas the republicans were full of praise for obama :c :c

The GOP publicly, brazenly, and blatantly professed after the 2008 election, that they would oppose every initiative by Obama. The GOP whines when the Democrats oppose anything that Trump wants.
Squire
Cheetah

Postby SethBullock » 16 Jun 2019, 06:00

The difference, guys, is that Republicans opposed Obama on principle. Our current crop of Democrats opposes Trump because they hate him. He could find the secret to staying young forever, and they would oppose it.
“I shall pass through this world but once. Any good that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” - Stephen Grellet
SethBullock
Warthog

Postby DonDeeHippy » 16 Jun 2019, 06:51

SethBullock wrote:The difference, guys, is that Republicans opposed Obama on principle. Our current crop of Democrats opposes Trump because they hate him. He could find the secret to staying young forever, and they would oppose it.

Ohh poor innocent Trump, he never did or said anything bad to the Democrats either,,, they are just cruel....

Considering how respectful the republicans where to Obama they should be ashamed :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby DonDeeHippy » 16 Jun 2019, 06:54

Het Seth you haven't commented on the USA's take on the boat sinking in Iran and how it's been played out... :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby Squire » 16 Jun 2019, 08:45

SethBullock wrote:The difference, guys, is that Republicans opposed Obama on principle. Our current crop of Democrats opposes Trump because they hate him. He could find the secret to staying young forever, and they would oppose it.

That is BS. The GOP hated Obama and still does. They are 100% aligned behind Donald Trump hate speech against Obama.

In fact, hate is all the GOP has as policy.
Squire
Cheetah

Postby johnsmith » 16 Jun 2019, 10:40

what a load of poppy cock.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby SethBullock » 03 Jul 2019, 12:10

Is There A Connection?

I was just scanning Political Forum and saw a thread on an interesting theory.

Yesterday, Russia reported that 14 submarine sailors died as a result of a fire on board their sub.

Today, Vice President Pence was on board Air Force 2 about to take off to give a speech in New Hampshire when the flight was abruptly cancelled, and he returned to the White House. The White House has not said why this was done, only saying that it was not a health issue, and not a national security threat.

“Something came up that required the @VP to remain in Washington, DC. It’s no cause for alarm,” spokeswoman Alyssa Farah wrote on Twitter.

Perhaps there was an unresolved security threat to the Vice President in New Hampshire (my theory).

But some are opining that the troubles aboard the Russian sub might have been the result of an "incident", not a fire.

The two events happened very close in time to each other.

What do you guys think?

Seth
“I shall pass through this world but once. Any good that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” - Stephen Grellet
SethBullock
Warthog

Postby mothra » 03 Jul 2019, 14:56

SethBullock wrote:Is There A Connection?

Yesterday, Russia reported that 14 submarine sailors died as a result of a fire on board their sub.

Today, Vice President Pence was on board Air Force 2 about to take off to give a speech in New Hampshire when the flight was abruptly cancelled, and he returned to the White House. The White House has not said why this was done, only saying that it was not a health issue, and not a national security threat.

“Something came up that required the @VP to remain in Washington, DC. It’s no cause for alarm,” spokeswoman Alyssa Farah wrote on Twitter.

Perhaps there was an unresolved security threat to the Vice President in New Hampshire (my theory).

But some are opining that the troubles aboard the Russian sub might have been the result of an "incident", not a fire.

What do you guys think?

Seth

I think you're drawing a long bow.

Who do you propose is behind it and why, uncharacteristically, are they being covered for?
mothra
Duck

Postby HBS Guy » 03 Jul 2019, 18:24

If there was a national security incident neither Trumpy or Pence would have been in the White House.

My guess is Trumpy had a panic attack over some trivial crap and demanded Pence come back to hold his hand.

I remind viewers that immediately after the 9/11 attacks Bush and Cheney were out of Washington.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby SethBullock » 03 Jul 2019, 23:02

mothra wrote:
SethBullock wrote:Is There A Connection?

What do you guys think?

Seth

I think you're drawing a long bow.

Who do you propose is behind it and why, uncharacteristically, are they being covered for?

"Drawing a long bow" = "theory is far fetched" ?

Yeah, I think the idea that there was a U.S.-Russia "incident" is far fetched, most likely. For now, I'm going with the theory that law enforcement discovered something that caused them to worry about the VP's security. A White House spokesman said that they may be able to say more in "a couple of weeks."
SethBullock
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 04 Jul 2019, 06:01

Nah, I stick to my theory.

In a couple of weeks—the incident will be forgotten and no explanation issued.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby DonDeeHippy » 04 Jul 2019, 06:36

I realized I have never even seen the vice president mentioned, this is the first time I've ever even seen his name.
I think he has gotten sick of it of no one knowing who he is and went and turned into Rambo , taught those Russians a lesson or 2 :rofl
DonDeeHippy
Jaguar

Postby SethBullock » 04 Jul 2019, 07:18

DonDeeHippy wrote:I realized I have never even seen the vice president mentioned, this is the first time I've ever even seen his name.
I think he has gotten sick of it of no one knowing who he is and went and turned into Rambo , taught those Russians a lesson or 2 :rofl

AWESOME theory!!
SethBullock
Warthog

Postby SethBullock » 01 Aug 2019, 13:51

SethBullock
Warthog

Postby Aussie » 01 Aug 2019, 14:40

How many here ever heard of our Emu War? Not me until I was mercilessly hammered with it at the Yank Forum.

Link.

Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby johnsmith » 01 Aug 2019, 18:44

Aussie wrote:How many here ever heard of our Emu War? Not me until I was mercilessly hammered with it at the Yank Forum.

Link.

i knew if it. It had my wife in stitches when she found out about it shortly after she moved here
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby SethBullock » 12 Sep 2019, 10:31

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

Just feet away from Mrs Bradshaw and equally keen not to be seen by the hijackers using a seat-back telephone was Todd Beamer, 32, an accounts manager from New Jersey. Married with two sons, he had decided not to call his pregnant wife, Lisa, because he did not want to worry her with bad news.

Instead, he telephoned the switchboard of GTE-Verizon, which provides the seat-back telephone service on United Airlines flights. The first person he spoke to was the operator but she became too traumatised to continue when she realised what was happening.

Lisa Jefferson, a supervisor, took over: nothing in her training manual or her 18 years in the job had prepared her for the next 15 minutes. "When I took over the call there was a gentleman on the phone, very calm, soft spoken. I introduced myself to him as Mrs Jefferson. 'I understand this plane is being hijacked? Could you please give me detailed information as to what's going on?'," she said.

"He told me that there were three people that had taken over the plane, two with knives and one with a bomb strapped around his waist with a red belt. The two with knives had locked themselves into the cockpit. They had ordered everyone to sit down."

Mrs Jefferson said that Mr Beamer had been talking from a seat at the back of the plane. "The hijacker with the bomb pulled the curtain to first class so they couldn't see what was going on. But he did see two people lying on the floor of first class. He couldn't tell if they were dead or alive. The flight attendant told him she was pretty sure it was the pilot and co-pilot.

"I told him if he thought his life would be in jeopardy from being on the line with me, to just put the phone down, but try not to hang up, just leave the line on so I could at least hear what was going on. And he said he was fine.

"He was very free to talk and he was calm all the way through our conversation. He asked me: did I know what they wanted? Did they want money or ransom or what? I told him that I really didn't know. I didn't have a clue what they wanted."

Mrs Jefferson said she did not tell him about the other hijackings of three planes, neither did he mention them. "I didn't tell him because I didn't want him to get upset, excited or lose control and I still felt that they had hope."

By midway through the call, the FBI was listening in and the pressure on Mrs Jefferson was growing. "I asked him his name. He told me: 'Todd Beamer from Cranbury, New Jersey.' And at that point his voice went up a little bit because he said: 'We are going down. No, wait. We are coming back up. We're turning around, we're going north. We are going north. At this point, I don't know where we are going. I don't know. I really don't know. Oh, Jesus, please help us.'

"Then he told me: 'In case I don't make it through this, would you please do me a favour and call my wife and my family, and let them know how much I love them.' He told me he had two boys, David and Andrew. Then he said his wife was also expecting."

As they discussed his family, the plane was being flown erratically. "You could tell in his voice that he was very nervous but he was calm. And he just made a holler: 'Oh, God.' Then he said: 'Lisa.'

"I had not given him my name because I introduced myself as Mrs Jefferson. And I responded by saying: 'Yes.' And he said: 'Oh, that's my wife's name.' And I told him, 'Oh, and that's my name, too, Todd.' " Then Mr Beamer again made Mrs Jefferson promise to call his wife in the event that "I don't make it".

"I promised him I would do that. When the plane was flying erratically, he thought he had lost conversation with me. And he was hollering in the phone: 'Lisa, Lisa.' And I said: 'I am still here, Todd. I'm not going anywhere, I'll be here as long as you will.' " .....

Todd Beamer had been due to fly to San Francisco for a business meeting the day before but had decided to spend an extra night with his wife and their two young sons, David, 3, and Andrew, 1.

That morning he kissed his wife, who was expecting their third child in January, and set off in good time to take his seat in first class along with nine other passengers in the front of the Boeing ....

It was now about 9.50am, and Todd Beamer, still, on the line to Lisa Jefferson had come to the conclusion that he was likely to die and that he ought to do something to prevent the plane reaching its intended target. Yet he was reluctant to break his call to the sympathetic stranger on the other end of the line. "He wanted me to recite the Lord's Prayer with him. And he did. He recited the Lord's Prayer from start to finish," said Mrs Jefferson, who spoke the words with him for comfort.

"From that point, he said, he's going to have to go out on faith because `they're talking about jumping the guy with the bomb'."

Mr Beamer then sighed long and loud down the line. He was still holding the telephone, but he had turned to speak to other passengers. Then he said: `You ready? OK. Let's roll."

More calls and conversations here ... https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wo...- ... -UA93.html

God bless them all.

Never forgotten.

flag (3).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SethBullock
Warthog

Postby johnsmith » 12 Sep 2019, 20:19

lots of good people died that day Seth. May they R.I.P.
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby SethBullock » 28 Oct 2019, 00:17

The founder and head of ISIS, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, is dead.

Yesterday, U.S. Special Forces assaulted a compound he was staying in near Idlib, Syria.

Cornered in a tunnel, he blew himself up along with 3 of his family.

No U.S. service members were injured or killed in the operation.

Baghdadi was guilty of genocide, mass murder, and mass rape, and now the scum of the earth is dead. Justice has been served upon this evil animal.

Congratulations to the incredible professionals who carried out this operation. They are the best in the world.

eagle2 (2).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SethBullock
Warthog

Postby SethBullock » 28 Oct 2019, 00:38

Just a little tribute to the best in the world.

SethBullock
Warthog

Postby HBS Guy » 28 Oct 2019, 06:12

Congrats to the Special Forces.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby SethBullock » 28 Oct 2019, 09:17

Another ISIS leader meets justice ...

U.S. military forces have carried out another operation in northwest Syria, killing senior ISIS leader and spokesman Abul-Hasan Al-Muhajir, regional officials and witnesses say. It comes less than 24 hours after ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi blew himself up while being pursued by U.S. special forces.

The latest operation happened on early Sunday night when U.S. forces carried out an airstrike in the village of Ain al-Baydah, near Jarablus in Aleppo province, close to the border with Turkey, witnesses said. A U.S. military spokesperson declined to provide information “for reasons of operational security.”

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, which is based in Britain and uses a network of local sources to track events in Syria, said a fuel tanker and a Hyundai vehicle were traveling in the area when they were targeted by U.S. forces. At least five people were killed, including al-Muhajir, according to the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF).

https://bnonews.com/index.php/2019/10/u ... est-syria/
SethBullock
Warthog

Postby Chuck » 28 Oct 2019, 11:41

The Turks are trying to claim some credit for the special forces success.

Erdogan has been taking lessons from Trump.

One positive of Trump withdrawing the support for the Kurds, that it has been reported that some Kurds are abandoning Islam and reverting back to Zoroastrianism
Chuck
mountain lion

Postby SethBullock » 28 Oct 2019, 13:50

Chuck wrote:The Turks are trying to claim some credit for the special forces success.

Erdogan has been taking lessons from Trump.

One positive of Trump withdrawing the support for the Kurds, that it has been reported that some Kurds are abandoning Islam and reverting back to Zoroastrianism

I read an unconfirmed report that the Turks may have been the source of the initial intelligence.
SethBullock
Warthog

PreviousNext

Return to Politics