That 'Caravan'

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: That 'Caravan'

Postby SethBullock » 05 Nov 2018, 10:48

ICE Agents Hurl Pregnant Immigrant Over Mexican Border To Prevent Birth On U.S. Soil

ICE.jpg

:OMG

https://www.theonion.com/ice-agents-hur ... 1822307567
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Humility must always be the portion of any man who receives acclaim earned in the blood of his followers and the sacrifices of his friends." - Dwight D Eisenhower
SethBullock
Pitbull terrier

spamone: Animal

Postby Aussie » 05 Nov 2018, 10:58

:bgrin :bike :bgrin
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby fisherman » 05 Nov 2018, 12:17

Australians can take as many "refugees" as they want. Bulgaria is openly accepting Australian refugees who've had enough of the Islamization of the Western world, and enough of too much political correctness.

Welcome.

fisherman

Postby Sprintcyclist » 05 Nov 2018, 13:07

SethBullock wrote:ICE Agents Hurl Pregnant Immigrant Over Mexican Border To Prevent Birth On U.S. Soil

ICE.jpg

And no coming back either
Sprintcyclist
Pitbull terrier

Postby Aussie » 05 Nov 2018, 13:39

fisherman wrote:Australians can take as many "refugees" as they want. Bulgaria is openly accepting Australian refugees who've had enough of the Islamization of the Western world, and enough of too much political correctness.

Welcome.

The only Australian (other than diplomatic or business people) in Bulgaria is an arsehole whose name is Clive Mensink. Google him.
Aussie

Postby Texan » 05 Nov 2018, 15:34

Sprintcyclist wrote:
SethBullock wrote:ICE Agents Hurl Pregnant Immigrant Over Mexican Border To Prevent Birth On U.S. Soil

ICE.jpg

The Onion is a "satire site". It's just comedy. I assume you Aussies knew that, but I wanted to make sure.
Texan
Feral cat

Postby SethBullock » 05 Nov 2018, 15:58

Texan wrote:
Sprintcyclist wrote:

ICE.jpg

The Onion is a "satire site". It's just comedy. I assume you Aussies knew that, but I wanted to make sure.

Texan doesn't want your heads to explode with outrage.

That was very considerate of him.

Good man there.
"Humility must always be the portion of any man who receives acclaim earned in the blood of his followers and the sacrifices of his friends." - Dwight D Eisenhower
SethBullock
Pitbull terrier

Postby Texan » 05 Nov 2018, 16:30

I misread who was posting the article. If I had realized it was you, I would have let the ruse go on.

I’m in bed posting on my phone.
Last edited by Texan on 05 Nov 2018, 16:31, edited 1 time in total.
Texan
Feral cat

Postby johnsmith » 05 Nov 2018, 16:31

For a while there, Sprint thought all his prayers had been answered

:roll :roll
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby Auggie » 05 Nov 2018, 18:20

Aussie wrote:In a metaphoric way, yes.

So, let's agree then: we will not involve ourselves in any wars or engagements overseas, neither shall we take in any asylum seekers?

Aussie wrote:I don't recall mentioning Iranian petrol.

My point is that Australia is bound by international rules and conventions, which have been primarily dictated by the United States and the UN. Therefore, being a signatory to the Convention is due more to following those international conventions as opposed to what is in the best interest of the nation.

Aussie wrote:Disagree. Our sovereignty remains until it is taken from us. Hopefully, we can beat off (for example) the Kiwis, but if the Indians (for example,) get needy.....we are no chance without the USA.

India's on our side, Aussie. We have nothing to fear from them. They're a Commonwealth country and the inheritors of Empire. I worry more about China.
The taxpayer - that's someone who works for the Federal Government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination. - Ronald Reagan.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby chris155au » 05 Nov 2018, 18:33

Aussie wrote:No it is not a good thing. I do not want my Navy acting illegally. No decent Aussie should. It is not Australia's decision to make as to who gets on what boat, shit or otherwise, in some jurisdiction beyond ours.

No, but it is if the boat is in OUR jurisdiction isn't it?

Aussie wrote:People/kids dying at sea is the same sort of wafer-thin argument Howard tried when he lied about 'kids being thrown overboard' to woo the voters. Mind you, that is a bilateral thing politically now, and I don't care. It is wrong.

Let me get this straight. You would be rather have the exact same number of boat arrivals that we were getting before, with countless men, women and children dying at sea?

Aussie wrote:Silly comparison. When a Copper gets in a Witness Box, he cannot refuse to answer claiming "that is an operational matter."

What is the "witness box" equivalent with Operation Sovereign Borders?
chris155au
Jack Russell

Postby Aussie » 05 Nov 2018, 18:52

India's on our side, Aussie.

No they ain't. India has aligned itself with Russia.
Aussie

Postby Aussie » 05 Nov 2018, 18:58

chris155au wrote:
Aussie wrote:No it is not a good thing. I do not want my Navy acting illegally. No decent Aussie should. It is not Australia's decision to make as to who gets on what boat, shit or otherwise, in some jurisdiction beyond ours.

No, but it is if the boat is in OUR jurisdiction isn't it?

Yes...and then, when those on board claim asylum, the UN Convention kicks in....as do our obligations under it.

Aussie wrote:People/kids dying at sea is the same sort of wafer-thin argument Howard tried when he lied about 'kids being thrown overboard' to woo the voters. Mind you, that is a bilateral thing politically now, and I don't care. It is wrong.

Let me get this straight. You would be rather have the exact same number of boat arrivals that we were getting before, with countless men, women and children dying at sea?

I'd rather no-one died at sea. But, it is not Australia's problem if someone in another Country gets on a boat.

Aussie wrote:Silly comparison. When a Copper gets in a Witness Box, he cannot refuse to answer claiming "that is an operational matter."

What is the "witness box" equivalent with Operation Sovereign Borders?

Ah. Simple, Grasshopper. Let's say some Sailor was charged with killing someone he had on board after taking him off a boat heading to Australia. His defence is "Operation Sovereign Borders." Nah. Judge tosses that right out the window.
Aussie

Postby Auggie » 05 Nov 2018, 19:04

Aussie wrote:

Only as a means of checking China.

India would never turn against us. They are going to be the bulwark of freedom, democracy and the bastion against tyranny in the 21st. America is dying, and India shall rise.
The taxpayer - that's someone who works for the Federal Government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination. - Ronald Reagan.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby Aussie » 05 Nov 2018, 19:14

Auggie wrote:
Aussie wrote:

India would never turn against us. They are going to be the bulwark of freedom, democracy and the bastion against tyranny in the 21st. America is dying, and India shall rise.

I doubt it....having been there a few times and on one occasion for quite a while. The natives were friendly given The Indian Bride, but the politics of the place were apparent. Australia is a nothing to them. I was a curiosity, not a long lost pal they would spill blood for.

No more than Australia would instinctively go to War if China invaded India. Other strategic factors would be the only relevance. Not even the UK would get involved unless there was some similar factor. Just being 'part of an Empire' is history.
Aussie

Postby Auggie » 05 Nov 2018, 19:21

Aussie wrote:
Auggie wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I doubt it....having been there a few times and on one occasion for quite a while. The natives were friendly given The Indian Bride, but the politics of the place were apparent. Australia is a nothing to them. I was a curiosity, not a long lost pal they would spill blood for.

No more than Australia would instinctively go to War if China invaded India. Other strategic factors would be the only relevance. Not even the UK would get involved unless there was some similar factor. Just being 'part of an Empire' is history.

India needs to get its act together. I have faith in India. They will rise and take on the baton of Empire. India is the only power that can stand up to China and its authoritarian government. They must move from tribalism to nationalism; from federalism to centralization. And once they do, they will be a beacon of liberty in the world.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby HBS Guy » 05 Nov 2018, 21:07

SethBullock wrote:
Texan wrote:
Sprintcyclist wrote:

ICE.jpg

Good man there.

mothra fooled me once, read the article she posted but it got too ridiculous so scrolled to the bottom and saw the link to The Shovel, similar to the Onion :rofl :rofl :rofl

A couple other posts I thought were from the Shovel were real news articles :OMG
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby DonDeeHippy » 05 Nov 2018, 21:10

HBS Guy wrote:
SethBullock wrote:
Texan wrote:
Sprintcyclist wrote:

ICE.jpg

Good man there.

mothra fooled me once, read the article she posted but it got too ridiculous so scrolled to the bottom and saw the link to The Shovel, similar to the Onion :rofl :rofl :rofl

A couple other posts I thought were from the Shovel were real news articles :OMG

I think jules get his stuff from a site like the shovel but thinks they r all true :purple
Bongalong... for some reason women are just so superior to anything that ever existed or will ever exist!
DonDeeHippy
Irish wolfhound

Postby HBS Guy » 05 Nov 2018, 21:26

ahahaha what a lunatic. Wonder if he will come back when Labor win the next election?
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Bongalong » 06 Nov 2018, 11:54

Auggie wrote:
Aussie wrote:
Auggie wrote:
Aussie wrote:

India needs to get its act together. I have faith in India. They will rise and take on the baton of Empire. India is the only power that can stand up to China and its authoritarian government. They must move from tribalism to nationalism; from federalism to centralization. And once they do, they will be a beacon of liberty in the world.

China is more organised than India: game, set and match China!
Free what?
Bongalong
mountain lion

Postby Auggie » 06 Nov 2018, 18:25

Bongalong wrote:
Auggie wrote:
Aussie wrote:
Auggie wrote:
Aussie wrote:

China is more organised than India: game, set and match China!

Correct. China is more centralized. Thank the First Emperor Qin Shi Huang for that.
Auggie
Pain in the Butt

Postby fisherman » 06 Nov 2018, 23:47

India is the most disgusting and dirty place on Earth. All of India publicly defecates. People in India take a dump on the streets. What can I say more. That's more than enough to understand their mentality.

Also who've been to India, you should remember what they told you. Don't take a shower with your mouth or eyes open even in your hotel and never drink the tap water. You'll end up in the hospital, or dead.
fisherman

Postby Aussie » 07 Nov 2018, 07:33

fisherman wrote:India is the most disgusting and dirty place on Earth. All of India publicly defecates. People in India take a dump on the streets. What can I say more. That's more than enough to understand their mentality.

Also who've been to India, you should remember what they told you. Don't take a shower with your mouth or eyes open even in your hotel and never drink the tap water. You'll end up in the hospital, or dead.

Crap. Further, when I was last in Paris at some well-known tourist spot, there he was, an obvious local, crapping in the gutter.
Aussie

Postby hatty » 07 Nov 2018, 08:09

fisherman wrote:Australians can take as many "refugees" as they want. Bulgaria is openly accepting Australian refugees who've had enough of the Islamization of the Western world, and enough of too much political correctness.

Welcome.

yeah no thanks
hatty
Feral cat

Postby fisherman » 07 Nov 2018, 12:43

hatty wrote:

Welcome.

yeah no thanks

It was not directed towards you. Relax, PAL. We don't need your kind here. We eat your kind, for breakfast, and we sh*t you later.
fisherman

PreviousNext

Return to Politics