Morrison's crocodile tears while he abuses refugee children

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Re: Morrison's crocodile tears while he abuses refugee child

Postby Aussie » 01 Nov 2018, 10:15

Chris:

So how does the fact that you, as an AUSTRALIAN, being entitled to be traversing the waters of your own freaking country, mean that non-citizens have a "right to traverse the High Seas at will?" :rofl:

Matey, check what the "High Seas" are and then get ready to be mortified at your own embarrassment. Then give yourself an uppercut and do this again :rofl

:bgrin
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby mothra » 01 Nov 2018, 15:02

Chris, for someone with such strong opinions and judgements, you seem to know very little about the issue at all. Furthermore, you seem to see no reason to educate yourself.

Why is it that you really want to hold on to you opinions?
mothra
Duck

spamone: Animal

Postby chris155au » 01 Nov 2018, 16:14

johnsmith wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:No, bringing the kids and their family to Adelaide, they think it is defusing an election issue.

i read they were there for medical reasons .. i didn't know about the families

Well it MUST be for medical reasons, surely. And temporary, before being sent back after treatment. Otherwise, they have changed their policy!
chris155au
Jack Russell

Postby chris155au » 01 Nov 2018, 16:15

HBS Guy wrote:Yeah, all kids off Nauru by December.

Where was that? I can't find such a story online.
chris155au
Jack Russell

Postby chris155au » 01 Nov 2018, 16:17

HBS Guy wrote:Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!

I couldn't help but notice your signature. If "Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions" what in God's name will Shorten do?
chris155au
Jack Russell

Postby chris155au » 01 Nov 2018, 16:19

mothra wrote:Chris, for someone with such strong opinions and judgements, you seem to know very little about the issue at all. Furthermore, you seem to see no reason to educate yourself.

Mothra, for someone with such a strong opinion and judgement on my level of knowledge regarding this issue, you have demonstrated your inability to tell me where I am wrong. Why is it that you are so incapable?
chris155au
Jack Russell

Postby chris155au » 01 Nov 2018, 16:21

Aussie wrote:Chris:

So how does the fact that you, as an AUSTRALIAN, being entitled to be traversing the waters of your own freaking country, mean that non-citizens have a "right to traverse the High Seas at will?" :rofl:

Matey, check what the "High Seas" are and then get ready to be mortified at your own embarrassment. Then give yourself an uppercut and do this again :rofl

If you are telling me that our Navy is intercepting these boats outside of our waters, then I confess that you're telling me something that I don't know. However, you will need to provide support to your claim if you want to be taken seriously.
chris155au
Jack Russell

Postby chris155au » 01 Nov 2018, 16:35

johnsmith wrote:
I'm not sure how you think the length of time it takes to process a claim shows it is some sort of queue. It is akin to a lottery, there is an order in how claims for asylum are processed, there is no order in which ones are processed first. That doesn't change just because the govt takes 6 months to check those claims.

So during a humanitarian crises, certain applications are not fast tracked?

johnsmith wrote:If your hoping for a quote that says 'fuck the refugees', then even liberal party politicians aren't that stupid. If you want to see how empathetic they are, just look at their treatment of asylum seekers. Most recently it was reported that 200 kids were bought onto the mainland for URGENT medical attention over the last few months, and the liberal party challenged each and every one through our courts to try and stop it happening.

I didn't hear about this in the media. Do you have a source?

johnsmith wrote:And until they are found to be non genuine, the govt agrees that they have done nothing illegal regardless of how they got here.

Agreed!

johnsmith wrote:that was your claim.

Are you saying that you don' think that its true that they have to go to the nearest signatory country?

johnsmith wrote:no, it you you who is confused. It is a lottery whose claim for asylum gets processed first or what order. That doesn't mean the process to check doesn't follow predetermined guidelines.

I'm not even sure how you can confuse the two issues. One is akin to randomly choosing a person for the opportunity to play at a game of rugby, from a packed stadium (asylum seeker), the other is akin to a fitness test to make sure they are able to play. ONLY AFTER they pass the fitness test are they named on the actual team (refugee).

And if the asylum seeker thinks that they can undertake the fitness test on their terms and not the terms of our government, then they shouldn't be surprised to find themselves not on the 'team' straight away.
chris155au
Jack Russell

Postby Aussie » 01 Nov 2018, 16:40

chris155au wrote:
Aussie wrote:Chris:

If you are telling me that our Navy is intercepting these boats outside of our waters, then I confess that you're telling me something that I don't know. However, you will need to provide support to your claim if you want to be taken seriously.

And there, right there is the beauty and bastardry of Molan's Operation Sovereign Borders. Why do you think we keep being told that 'we don't comment on operational matters?'

There are only three options.

1. Our Navy is intercepting boats within the territorial waters of another Sovereign Nation. That is not only, but it is piracy.

2. Our Navy is intercepting boats/vessels on the High Seas......boarding them and turning them back. Piracy. (Our politicians insist on our right to travers the High Seas ~ South China Sea..... without interference from China.)

3. Our Navy is intercepting boats inside Australian maritime jurisdiction, and is then ignoring claims for asylum, and turning the boats around. Contrary to what we signed up for with the UN.

There is no other alternative.

:hlo
Aussie

Postby chris155au » 01 Nov 2018, 16:52

Aussie wrote:
And there, right there is the beauty and bastardry of Molan's Operation Sovereign Borders. Why do you think we keep being told that 'we don't comment on operational matters?'

There are only three options.

1. Our Navy is intercepting boats within the territorial waters of another Sovereign Nation. That is not only, but it is piracy.

2. Our Navy is intercepting boats/vessels on the High Seas......boarding them and turning them back. Piracy. (Our politicians insist on our right to travers the High Seas ~ South China Sea..... without interference from China.)

So piracy is what you have stated is going on with Operation Sovereign Borders. Again, you will need to provide support to your claim if you want to be taken seriously. It most certainly would be wrong, but without the Navy attacking or robbing the boats, I can't see how it could be considered PIRACY! Trespassing, definitely.

Aussie wrote:3. Our Navy is intercepting boats inside Australian maritime jurisdiction, and is then ignoring claims for asylum, and turning the boats around. Contrary to what we signed up for with the UN.

How do you know that they are ignoring claims for asylum? For all you know, an Australian team of officials are waiting for them to return to their home country and meet them on their arrival. You have no idea.
chris155au
Jack Russell

Postby Aussie » 01 Nov 2018, 18:01

So piracy is what you have stated is going on with Operation Sovereign Borders. Again, you will need to provide support to your claim if you want to be taken seriously. It most certainly would be wrong, but without the Navy attacking or robbing the boats, I can't see how it could be considered PIRACY! Trespassing, definitely.

They are intercepting (piracy) boarding with force of arms (piracy) forcing their navigation (piracy.) Trespassing is also illegal. We are acting in an outlaw fashion. Molan is a grunt who would sell his Mother, lacking wide-spread support within his own military (and political) peers but also known to be ruthless. With him, the end always justifies the means....whatever they are.

How do you know that they are ignoring claims for asylum? For all you know, an Australian team of officials are waiting for them to return to their home country and meet them on their arrival. You have no idea.

That is fanciful....way too out there to be taken fair dinkum. Pretty silly really. You are asserting that on arrival back at the port the boat people left from, there will be a posse of Australians to process them. Rubbish.

Molan simply turned them around under naval guns....and waved them goodbye.

Have another go. I'll bet you cannot come up with any other logical explanation/option.
Aussie

Postby johnsmith » 01 Nov 2018, 18:08

chris155au wrote:
HBS Guy wrote:Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions—be prepared!

I couldn't help but notice your signature. If "Abbott & Co are going to cause the mother and father of all recessions" what in God's name will Shorten do?

if history is anything to go by then Shorten will get blamed for it :roll
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby chris155au » 01 Nov 2018, 18:13

Aussie wrote:
They are intercepting (piracy) boarding with force of arms (piracy) forcing their navigation (piracy.)

How do you know that they are boarding the boats? And where are you getting these definitions for "piracy?"

Also, whatever you THINK is going on, do you think it would be piracy if it took place in our waters?

Aussie wrote: You are asserting that on arrival back at the port the boat people left from, there will be a posse of Australians to process them. Rubbish.

I'm not asserting anything! I simply said "for all you know!"

Aussie wrote:Molan simply turned them around under naval guns....and waved them goodbye.

You have now failed to provide support to your claim for the second time! Problem?
chris155au
Jack Russell

Postby Aussie » 01 Nov 2018, 18:19

You have now failed to provide support to your claim for the second time! Problem?

Yes indeed there is. 'We don't comment on operational matters." Operational Sovereign Borders is not transparent. It is shrouded in secrecy. Use your brains to work out why.

There are only the three alternatives which I posted.
Aussie

Postby chris155au » 01 Nov 2018, 19:16

Aussie wrote:

Yes indeed there is. 'We don't comment on operational matters." Operational Sovereign Borders is not transparent. It is shrouded in secrecy. Use your brains to work out why.

That's pretty weak evidence to support that it is piracy! And I notice that you conveniently left out responses to these questions:

How do you know that they are boarding the boats? And where are you getting these definitions for "piracy?"

Also, whatever you THINK is going on, do you think it would be piracy if it took place in our waters?

Aussie wrote:There are only the three alternatives which I posted.

Yes and the joke is, you only believe in the first two don't you? You said that it is piracy! That leaves no room for option 3!
chris155au
Jack Russell

Postby johnsmith » 01 Nov 2018, 21:01

chris155au wrote:So during a humanitarian crises, certain applications are not fast tracked?

are they? 20m plus refugees worldwide,it's all a humanitarian crisis isn't it??

chris155au wrote:
I didn't hear about this in the media. Do you have a source?

Mothra put something up about this, i tried finding it again but don't know what the thread was. Maybe she can put up a link to that thread.

chris155au wrote:
Agreed!

so not illegals

chris155au wrote:Are you saying that you don' think that its true that they have to go to the nearest signatory country?

yep

chris155au wrote:
And if the asylum seeker thinks that they can undertake the fitness test on their terms and not the terms of our government, then they shouldn't be surprised to find themselves not on the 'team' straight away.

the asylum seeker doesn't set the criteria, all they can do is try to work with the existing rules. If govco doesn't like it it should change the rules, afterall, it is the one who sets the rules in the first place.
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby mothra » 01 Nov 2018, 21:09

chris155au wrote:
mothra wrote:Chris, for someone with such strong opinions and judgements, you seem to know very little about the issue at all. Furthermore, you seem to see no reason to educate yourself.

Mothra, for someone with such a strong opinion and judgement on my level of knowledge regarding this issue, you have demonstrated your inability to tell me where I am wrong. Why is it that you are so incapable?

Well Chris, i think i and others have but you refuse to accept what has been shown to you.

Firstly, nobody has done anything ilegally, as mandated in the UN charter to which we are signatories. This has been pointed out to you repeatedly.

You erroneously claim that we receive no asylum seekers from the Middle East. This is demonstrably incorrect.

You claim that asylum seekers should simply turn up to the Australian Embassy in their country. When pointed out to you by several people that many of these countries do not have embassies, instead of googling for yourself so as you can better inform your argument, you require spoonfeeding. This speaks specifically to my statement that it seems that you want to hold on to your prejudices.

When it is explained to you that it is impossible even for people who share an country with an Australian Embassy to access them, owing to the fact that they are in fear of their life ... you got nothing.

When asked if you think the process is a simple as putting your name down on a list ans going home and waiting for a phone call ... you got nothing.

When put to that this is an unsuccessful route anyway, you argue it for pages ... stupidly.

Now your carrying on about whether the bloody boats again. Back to square one. You learning nothing ... just recycling your ill-informed prejudices.
mothra
Duck

Postby pinkeye » 01 Nov 2018, 21:19

chris155au wrote:
Aussie wrote:3. Our Navy is intercepting boats inside Australian maritime jurisdiction, and is then ignoring claims for asylum, and turning the boats around. Contrary to what we signed up for with the UN.

that one Aussie. We know our government is too cowardly to take on the law of the Sea. Chris seems to have no knowledge , going by his posts. he's one of those people who think , because THEY think it.. it must be right.! :rofl

How do you know that they are ignoring claims for asylum? For all you know, an Australian team of officials are waiting for them to return to their home country and meet them on their arrival. You have no idea.[/quote]

There was that recent arrival of a boat load of people, who arrived (surprise !! ) on a beach near Cairns. Hera about that Chris..? didn't get much news coverage I suppose. They were swooped on.. and no more NEWS.. :mad ) So yeah for sure they're being treated as asylum seekers. UP YOUR ARSE.

Well if you weren't such moron, you'd know the answer. FFS you spout nonsense, not worthy of any reasoned replies... your positions are just fodder for fools.
What do you know? Hmm? Absolutely nothing, you're just yakking, to stir shit up.
I dislike people like you.. who insist on posting garbage, disguised as some sort of relevant comment, but which is in fact so fucked up and agenda-driven it becomes BORING. BORING BORING.
And then YOU criticise others for not replying meanfingfully.

:roll

Hey wake up Chris. You may not know it, but you are a fuckwit. Try harder, or, perhaps just let go of all those nasty little thoughts, and look towards the Sun. :bgrin
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby pinkeye » 01 Nov 2018, 21:33

And notice I ended with a smile. :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin

So don't even think of getting your jollies off because you think you have gotten under my skin. No.. I just get a thrill from talking to fuckwits like you. :roll :roll :bike

Ehh we get your types all the time. But it just gets so boring, the topic becomes lost in heaps of rubbish verbiage, and you think you own it.?
Moron.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby chris155au » 03 Nov 2018, 16:39

mothra wrote:
Firstly, nobody has done anything ilegally, as mandated in the UN charter to which we are signatories. This has been pointed out to you repeatedly.

When did I say that seeking asylum is illegal? I simply said that there is, by default, NO RIGHT to enter a country illegally. And I acknowledged that if someone is granted refugee status, that they can't be charged for entering illegally.

mothra wrote:You erroneously claim that we receive no asylum seekers from the Middle East.

No I didn't, I just wasn't aware that they came by boat. I assumed that they all went to Europe, like most of them did.

mothra wrote:You claim that asylum seekers should simply turn up to the Australian Embassy in their country. When pointed out to you by several people that many of these countries do not have embassies, instead of googling for yourself so as you can better inform your argument, you require spoonfeeding.

People pointed out that we don't have embassies in every country in the world, which is obvious. However, I was talking about the Asian countries which have people who come by boat.

mothra wrote:When it is explained to you that it is impossible even for people who share an country with an Australian Embassy to access them, owing to the fact that they are in fear of their life ... you got nothing.

Correction, THEY had nothing! No one was capable of explaining HOW it is impossible for people to access an Australian Embassy. However, I am willing to hear any arguments!

mothra wrote:When asked if you think the process is a simple as putting your name down on a list ans going home and waiting for a phone call ... you got nothing.

I got nothing? You mean I didn't give an answer to someone asking me? Well let me answer now then. For those who have the opportunity to apply, then yes, of course it is as simple as presenting details and the reason that you seek asylum. How else would it work?

mothra wrote:Now your carrying on about whether the bloody boats again.

Whether the bloody boats again what? Can you rephrase?
chris155au
Jack Russell

Postby chris155au » 03 Nov 2018, 16:48

johnsmith wrote:are they? 20m plus refugees worldwide,it's all a humanitarian crisis isn't it??

So you think that the UN doesn't focus on certain situations that they deem a "humanitarian crises?"

Mothra put something up about this, i tried finding it again but don't know what the thread was. Maybe she can put up a link to that thread.

Hey MOTHRA! Anything on this? This is regarding the 200 children being brought here for urgent medical attention and the liberal party apparently challenging it through our courts to try and stop it happening.

johnsmith wrote:the asylum seeker doesn't set the criteria, all they can do is try to work with the existing rules. If govco doesn't like it it should change the rules, afterall, it is the one who sets the rules in the first place.

Yes I know that they don't set the criteria, but they've tried to do it on their own terms.
chris155au
Jack Russell

Postby johnsmith » 03 Nov 2018, 17:27

chris155au wrote:So you think that the UN doesn't focus on certain situations that they deem a "humanitarian crises?"

no.

chris155au wrote:Yes I know that they don't set the criteria, but they've tried to do it on their own terms.

you mean they try to play by the rules others have put up for them? How dare they!
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby chris155au » 03 Nov 2018, 17:34

johnsmith wrote:no.

Then what the hell do you call this?:

https://search.un.org/results.php?ie=ut ... en&rows=10

johnsmith wrote:you mean they try to play by the rules others have put up for them? How dare they!

Maybe you can just state exactly what part of the UN Convention you think Australia has violated.
chris155au
Jack Russell

Postby johnsmith » 03 Nov 2018, 18:35

chris155au wrote:
johnsmith wrote:no.

Then what the hell do you call this?:

https://search.un.org/results.php?ie=ut ... en&rows=10

johnsmith wrote:you mean they try to play by the rules others have put up for them? How dare they!

Maybe you can just state exactly what part of the UN Convention you think Australia has violated.

without reading every document on that link, it looks to me like that deals with their response in evacuating them from hotspots. Once they're out of the hotspot, they're shuffled to a refugee camp...... or they make their own way to one, and are dealt with in due course. They don't receive priority in asylum seeker processing, the priority is in moving them from immediate danger.
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

Postby johnsmith » 03 Nov 2018, 18:38

chris155au wrote:Maybe you can just state exactly what part of the UN Convention you think Australia has violated.

the refugees on Nauru have been processed and found to be genuine refugees ............ and still the govt says they will never settle in Australia. A clear breach of the agreement they signed
FD.
johnsmith
Mastodon

PreviousNext

Return to Politics