Wentworth by-election.

Discuss politics and current affairs here.

Hot topic: The scourge of negative gearing, Friends of the NBN and wrecking lives.  The economy and Poll tracking— all the polls. New! ELECTION 2016, Issues and Leaders

Special Feature 1: Peter Costello and our current deficits.
Special Feature 2: Dr Turnbull and the wrong NBN prescription
Special Feature 3: The Denigration of science, technology and education.
Forum rules
The rules for this board are in the Charter of Moderation. Politics is for serious discussion of politics, economics and current affairs.

Wentworth by-election.

Postby dissilymordentroge » 18 Oct 2018, 20:53

On ABC TV this evening four of the panelists were standing as indepentents in the seat of Wentworth. The overall effect was an absolute disaster for the Liberals. Labour and Liberal candidates declined to sit on the panel so can only blame themselves. However, what’s the bet that if the Nasty Party gets back in again they’ll reek revenge on the ABC for tonight’s program?
The Human Race is insane.
dissilymordentroge
Jack Russell

spamone: Animal

Re: Wentworth by-election.

Postby johnsmith » 18 Oct 2018, 20:55

I think the libs have lost wentworth

and since they want to get rid of the ABC anyway, I don't think it'll make a difference
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby Aussie » 18 Oct 2018, 21:16

Unless there is a massive unexpected support for Labor, Phelps will shit in on ALP preferences. Libs are farqed.
Aussie
Minister for Foreign Affairs

Postby HBS Guy » 18 Oct 2018, 21:22

Phelps pulled out!

Oops, no she hasn’t, some scurrilous email said she had.
HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby mothra » 20 Oct 2018, 14:08

Voting For An Independent In Wentworth Will Lead To Instability, Says Nation’s Fifth Prime Minister Since 2013

A vote for an independent is a vote for unpredictability, Australia’s temporary Prime Minister told voters in Wentworth today.

Mr Morrison, who overthrew previous Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull, who himself overthrew previous Prime Minister Tony Abbott, said only the Liberal Party could offer stability in Wentworth.

“Independents may look like an appealing option, but they’re an unknown quantity. When you vote for a major party like the Liberals, you know who you’re going to get,” Morrison said.

Mr Morrison, who is the nation’s fifth Prime Minister since 2013, said what his party offered was stability. “Nothing says stability like a hastily called byelection brought about by the knifing of a sitting Prime Minister”.

The Wentworth byelection will be held on Saturday, with the general election expected next month.

http://www.theshovel.com.au/2018/10/20/voting-for-an-independent-in-wentworth-will-lead-to-instability-says-nations-fifth-prime-minister-since-2013/?wp-nocache=true&fbclid=IwAR2zd3C3DGnJalk8gh8CWspvRC-y525R1a36vNpy1ra6g6Z69hZJliyYhto
mothra
Duck

Postby dissilymordentroge » 20 Oct 2018, 19:22

So far at 7.50 PM it looks like the Libs are going to be taught a lesson. Question is, will they learn anything? So long as the loony right climate change deniers and Christian extremists are still given a say nothing will change. Maybe I’m giving away my age but I keep wondering what would Bob Menzies think of all this.
dissilymordentroge
Jack Russell

Postby johnsmith » 20 Oct 2018, 19:27

Green has called it to Phelps

Wentworth by-election results shows Kerryn Phelps is winner, says Antony Green

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-20/wentworth-by-election-results-kerryn-phelps-dave-sharma-battle/10400270

:yellow :yellow :yellow

good times
FD.
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby mothra » 20 Oct 2018, 19:47

Watching her speech now. What a woman.

Happy day!
mothra
Duck

Postby dissilymordentroge » 20 Oct 2018, 19:49

johnsmith wrote:Green has called it to Phelps
quote]Wentworth by-election results shows Kerryn Phelps is winner, says Antony Green

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-20/wentworth-by-election-results-kerryn-phelps-dave-sharma-battle/10400270
[/quote]
YAY, The Libs are being taught a lesson. Question is will they learn anything or go on allowing the loopy extreme right to lead them around by the nose?
dissilymordentroge
Jack Russell

Postby Aussie » 20 Oct 2018, 19:51

mothra wrote:Watching her speech now. What a woman.

Happy day!

I am pleased she won....not so pleased with that egocentric virtue signalling speech. Up herself too much. She won yes.....I said she would.....I knew she would because the blue rinse brigade liked Turnbull etc.

But.......she will be hard to dislodge now. Fine by me.
Aussie

Postby johnsmith » 20 Oct 2018, 19:58

i hope she isn't just another lib pretending to be independent
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby HBS Guy » 20 Oct 2018, 20:07

HBS Guy
Tractors to Australia

Postby Miranda » 20 Oct 2018, 20:09

Bravo to Phelps. Long may she succeed!
Miranda
Jack Russell

Postby dissilymordentroge » 20 Oct 2018, 20:54

dissilymordentroge wrote:
johnsmith wrote:Green has called it to Phelps
quote]Wentworth by-election results shows Kerryn Phelps is winner, says Antony Green

YAY, The Libs are being taught a lesson. Question is will they learn anything or go on allowing the loopy extreme right to lead them around by the nose?
Last edited by dissilymordentroge on 20 Oct 2018, 20:55, edited 1 time in total.
dissilymordentroge
Jack Russell

Postby pinkeye » 20 Oct 2018, 20:54

oh yes indeed. Excellent news.
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby dissilymordentroge » 20 Oct 2018, 20:57

mothra wrote:[b][size=150]
“Independents may look like an appealing option, but they’re an unknown quantity. When you vote for a major party like the Liberals, you know who you’re going to get,” Morrison said.

Now that would be funny if it wasn’t complete crap.
dissilymordentroge
Jack Russell

Postby johnsmith » 20 Oct 2018, 21:02

mothra wrote:[b][size=150]

Now that would be funny if it wasn’t complete crap.

that he can say that with a straight face shows just how duplicitous the libs are.
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby pinkeye » 21 Oct 2018, 01:59

They are putrid, the Libs. Seriously 'on the nose' , and the sooner they're out of office the less harm they can do.

Morrison is a caricature of a human being. Must be all that 'belief' stuff that makes him appear like a creature from a different dimension.!

If only. :sad Nope, the fact is Scott Morrison is walkig talking proof of zombies. His setting is 'scumbag pollie', but his disguise is beneficent religious.. or at least, that is how he sees himself. Deluded is an apt description.

The fervour he managed last night at the losers gathering was a bit alarming really. He and Josh Fryberg ( uh hum excuse the pun) put on a revival show. :roll

But the chanting of 'Scomo' etc ad nauseum was way way too much.

I guess all his buddies from the Horizon Church, and Evensong, no doubt, insured a rousing rabble. :roll
sleeping is good for you
pinkeye
Jaguar

Postby dissilymordentroge » 21 Oct 2018, 05:30

pinkeye wrote:They are putrid, the Libs. Seriously 'on the nose' , and the sooner they're out of office the less harm they can do.
I guess all his buddies from the Horizon Church, and Evensong, no doubt, insured a rousing rabble. :roll

Actually this isn’t funny as in Victoria & parts of Tasmania fundamentalists Christians are joining the Liberal Pary in thousands. in some Electorates their membership is at 30% and climbing.
Should we be afraid? Well, with any group who believe God is on their side we should be scared silly.
dissilymordentroge
Jack Russell

Postby dissilymordentroge » 21 Oct 2018, 10:38

Test - When attempting to post on other threads I’m getting the message “ERROR 404: ACCESS TO THIS RESOURCE DENIED"
dissilymordentroge
Jack Russell

Postby johnsmith » 21 Oct 2018, 11:06

dissilymordentroge wrote:Test - When attempting to post on other threads I’m getting the message “ERROR 404: ACCESS TO THIS RESOURCE DENIED"

it's a common problem when attempting to quote newspaper articles. There is usually a word in the story that is triggers it. I know 'sex' is one word that triggers it, but there are probably others. Monk has been told to fix it but the lazy bastard is to busy dreaming about apples.
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby dissilymordentroge » 21 Oct 2018, 11:47

johnsmith wrote:
dissilymordentroge wrote:Test - When attempting to post on other threads I’m getting the message “ERROR 403: ACCESS TO THIS RESOURCE DENIED"

It's a common problem when attempting to quote newspaper articles. There is usually a word in the story that is triggers it. I know 'sex' is one word that triggers it, but there are probably others. Monk has been told to fix it but the lazy bastard is to busy dreaming about apples.

I’ve not had the problem when using the word ‘sex’ on other threads. Other posters have been able to use that term on the same thread.
The post I was attempting to make had no quotes from newspaper articles. Don’t want to make you paranoid but maybe we have a hacker lurking on the membership list? It’s happened before on forums I’ve moderated.

I can think of better things to dream about than apples. Maybe he’s terrified the codlin moth is just waiting to attack?
dissilymordentroge
Jack Russell

Postby johnsmith » 21 Oct 2018, 14:08

johnsmith wrote:
dissilymordentroge wrote:Test - When attempting to post on other threads I’m getting the message “ERROR 403: ACCESS TO THIS RESOURCE DENIED"

It's a common problem when attempting to quote newspaper articles. There is usually a word in the story that is triggers it. I know 'sex' is one word that triggers it, but there are probably others. Monk has been told to fix it but the lazy bastard is to busy dreaming about apples.

I’ve not had the problem when using the word ‘sex’ on other threads. Other posters have been able to use that term on the same thread.
The post I was attempting to make had no quotes from newspaper articles. Don’t want to make you paranoid but maybe we have a hacker lurking on the membership list? It’s happened before on forums I’ve moderated.

I can think of better things to dream about than apples. Maybe he’s terrified the codlin moth is just waiting to attack?

fisherman had a problem quoting the word sex the other day .... it's a temperamental glitch. Doesn't happen all the time.
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Postby Aussie » 21 Oct 2018, 14:28

se-x
Aussie

Postby johnsmith » 21 Oct 2018, 17:33

Aussie wrote:se-x

no thanks. Try Bobby
FD.
johnsmith
Rhinocerus

Next

Return to Politics